7 Hours to get a Big Mac?

All things Rugby
eldanielfire

7 Hours to get a Big Mac?

Post by eldanielfire »

Now I'm not snobbish and not above a double cheese burger when out, I love a burger and a cheeky Maccy D can go down well. But driving 7 hours for a Big Mac or waiting in a drive through Queue for one is insane :lol:

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1266070032817311747
Azlan Roar

Re: 7 Hours to get a Big Mac?

Post by Azlan Roar »

How much does a Big Mac cost in the UK these days?
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

When we went from lockdown level 4 (no takeaways allowed) to level 3 the queues at drive through for McDonald's and other similar fast food joints were insane. 2 hour waits were reported and several KFC joints ran out of food as did some McDonald's. 7 hours seems a bit extreme. Where were they driving from? Might have been a nice drive versus waiting in a queue around the block.
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

About 30 to 40 cars queuing at the one I drove past earlier
New guy

Post by New guy »

The day before McDonalds closed in my home town the queue was so long it blocked the ambulance station :roll:.

Love a McDonalds but I'm not waiting more than 10 minutes for one. The whole point is it's supposed to be fast.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Cooked some homemade 'fake' big macs last night and they weren't half bad. I used thousand island dressing which was really the only component that was a bit off.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

New guy wrote:The day before McDonalds closed in my home town the queue was so long it blocked the ambulance station :roll:.

Love a McDonalds but I'm not waiting more than 10 minutes for one. The whole point is it's supposed to be fast.
Even 10 mins would p*ss me off. % and done or gtfo.
Punter15

Post by Punter15 »

Anyone who would give up 7 hours for some Micky D needs to reassess their life choices (yer fat cūnt).
tc27

Post by tc27 »

You think that's bad try getting into you local council tip..err I mean waste recycling centre.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

I've gone through a mcd's drive through on my push bike in the past.
msp.

Post by msp. »

I quite enjoy the odd MDs, and I know my children would love going to Macdonald's but I would never consider queuing 10s of minutes for one let alone hours..
Saw an interview on TV with some couple who had waited in essex for 2hrs for a Macdonalds, Not to stereotype but it was like watching a sketch of the fat slobs from Harry Enfield..
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

Gavin Duffy wrote:I've gone through a mcd's drive through on my push bike in the past.
Did you stop?
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

Uber eats would've been faster.
sonic_attack

Post by sonic_attack »

Big Mac is the worst burger available from any of the big fast-foodies. That shredded lettuce just ruins it.

Macca's cheeseburgers only or quarter pounder at a stretch.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Agree on the 1/4 pounder from Mickie Ds. Lovely burger.
Wyndham Upalot

Post by Wyndham Upalot »

Drove past a Maccie's today en-route to M&S and witnessed the queues. Honestly, what have these single cell zombies lost in their lives that a McFlurry is going to replace? Fvck me, I despair for us Brits, we've become a nation of machines.
C69

Post by C69 »

Wyndham Upalot wrote:Drove past a Maccie's today en-route to M&S and witnessed the queues. Honestly, what have these single cell zombies lost in their lives that a McFlurry is going to replace? Fvck me, I despair for us Brits, we've become a nation of machines.
Vile disgusting food loved by millions.
Never bought one for myself
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Bimboc69 wrote:
Wyndham Upalot wrote:Drove past a Maccie's today en-route to M&S and witnessed the queues. Honestly, what have these single cell zombies lost in their lives that a McFlurry is going to replace? Fvck me, I despair for us Brits, we've become a nation of machines.
How do you know it's vile and disgusting then?
C69

Post by C69 »

Gavin Duffy wrote:
Bimboc69 wrote:
I have never eaten faeces either.
But I think I will give it a miss, how does shit taste?
sonic_attack

Post by sonic_attack »

If it was vile and disgusting it wouldn't be as popular as it is would it.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

It's not just Brits. Exactly the same here in NZ, probably Australia too in the same circumstances.
Leinster in London

Post by Leinster in London »

The biggest queue I see when I'm out and about is the one outside the job centre.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

eldanielfire wrote:Now I'm not snobbish and not above a double cheese burger when out, I love a burger and a cheeky Maccy D can go down well. But driving 7 hours for a Big Mac or waiting in a drive through Queue for one is insane :lol:

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1266070032817311747
In 1995 they built a McDonalds in a town about 90 minutes drive away from the small town my parents were living in. People would drive to that town and then line up down the road for a burger. My mum and dad did it once for shits and giggles but they ran out of meat patties so he drove home angry.

7 hours? That's insane.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Bimboc69 wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:
Bimboc69 wrote:
I have never eaten faeces either.
But I think I will give it a miss, how does shit taste?
Have you never eaten a burger?
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Bimboc69 wrote:
It doesn't bare much resemblance to a proper burger but they are tasty in small doses. Odd that you know how vile they are without tasting it, are you actually a 5 year old kid?
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

To take a different tack on this can I say it doesn't say much for the productivity and efficiency of these restaurants?
backrow

Post by backrow »

sonic_attack wrote:Big Mac is the worst burger available from any of the big fast-foodies. That shredded lettuce just ruins it.

Macca's cheeseburgers only or quarter pounder at a stretch.
Lolz , I am the exact opposite - a Big Mac is the only thing I eat there (I normally eat two!) , I just don’t enjoy their other non breakfast offerings.

Sausage egg McMuffin with the pancakes is their best thing though. But I wouldn’t queue for any fast food tbh.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Flyin Ryan wrote:To take a different tack on this can I say it doesn't say much for the productivity and efficiency of these restaurants?
Covid 19 restrictions.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

If you like back packing in 3rd world countries maccas can be a life saver. You know what you're getting and unlikely to get food poisoning
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

iarmhiman wrote:If you like back packing in 3rd world countries maccas can be a life saver. You know what you're getting and unlikely to get food poisoning
or at least a functioning toilet to cope with the consequences of a more tasty and interesting local dish.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Maccas is useful for a couple of Bacon and Egg McMuffins and a McCafe flat white the night after a heavy session.

Other than that, there are usually about 99 other options in a given area, 97 of which are better.

Morons who queue for seven hours are dullards who get sucked in by bright lights and basic slogans.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

Azlan Roar wrote:How much does a Big Mac cost in the UK these days?
£3.49
Our local one has just opened yesterday and the kids want one. Apparently the driv thru caused gridlock in the town centre yesterday :((

Have to order it online, then they start making it as you arrive I guess? or you sit in the carpark and they bring it to you?... don't know yet.
Wyndham Upalot

Post by Wyndham Upalot »

inactionman

Post by inactionman »

I spent some time in India about 20 years ago and the western joints in the big cities were a good respite after a bout of Delhi belly. I could swear I had a big mac in Delhi but as the cow is sacred to Hindus they're not supposed to serve beef so I've no idea what it is I ate. My mate reckoned they used lamb instead, but I don't recall noting any difference. Not sure what this says for big macs or for my taste buds.

I prefer 5 guys anyway, although they ain't cheap.
Saint

Post by Saint »

message #2527204 wrote:
£3.49
Our local one has just opened yesterday and the kids want one. Apparently the driv thru caused gridlock in the town centre yesterday :((

Have to order it online, then they start making it as you arrive I guess? or you sit in the carpark and they bring it to you?... don't know yet.
Grabbed in for myself yesterday fro our local. They're taking orders earlier in the queue than normal, so that with the limited menu it's read that the collection window by the time younger there with no waits. If you order in advance you still join the queue, you just get to reduce your interactions as you just tell the order taker your number and don't need to pay at the pay window. Was onkya 5 minute queue for me yesterday, but apparently nearly4 hours when it opened on Tuesday
message #2527204

inactionman wrote:I spent some time in India about 20 years ago and the western joints in the big cities were a good respite after a bout of Delhi belly. I could swear I had a big mac in Delhi but as the cow is sacred to Hindus they're not supposed to serve beef so I've no idea what it is I ate. My mate reckoned they used lamb instead, but I don't recall noting any difference. Not sure what this says for big macs or for my taste buds.

I prefer 5 guys anyway, although they ain't cheap.
Grindr?
message #2527204

Saint wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
£3.49

Grabbed in for myself yesterday fro our local. They're taking orders earlier in the queue than normal, so that with the limited menu it's read that the collection window by the time younger there with no waits. If you order in advance you still join the queue, you just get to reduce your interactions as you just tell the order taker your number and don't need to pay at the pay window. Was onkya 5 minute queue for me yesterday, but apparently nearly4 hours when it opened on Tuesday
OK, so they'll start making it when you give them your online order number? that makes sense.
message #2527204

Wyndham Upalot wrote:Image
Excellent :lol:
Saint

Post by Saint »

message #2527204 wrote:
Saint wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
£3.49

OK, so they'll start making it when you give them your online order number? that makes sense.
Yep. It's very simple, and with the menu scaled back the way it is it's back to being fast food