New Outlook client

All things Rugby
Sandstorm

New Outlook client

Post by Sandstorm »

Can someone please send me the home address of the cnut @ Microsoft who decided that the Search box on the O365 client should move from the RHS of my Mailbox and up onto the top of the mother-bastard application border? :x

Thank you in advance
SaintK

Re: New Outlook client

Post by SaintK »

Sandstorm wrote:Can someone please send me the home address of the cnut @ Microsoft who decided that the Search box on the O365 client should move from the RHS of my Mailbox and up onto the top of the mother-bastard application border? :x

Thank you in advance
Bloody hell! So it has.
earl the beaver

Post by earl the beaver »

Mine is still normal, just above the list of emails to the right of my folders and to the left of the viewing panel?
Saint

Post by Saint »

Sandstorm wrote:Can someone please send me the home address of the cnut @ Microsoft who decided that the Search box on the O365 client should move from the RHS of my Mailbox and up onto the top of the mother-bastard application border? :x

Thank you in advance
You mean the web client? outlook.office365.com?

I rearely use mine, but it doesn't look like anything has changed - the search box is above my inbox list on the top left
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

earl the beaver wrote:Mine is still normal, just above the list of emails to the right of my folders and to the left of the viewing panel?
Once the June Office update forces itself into your life, it'll move. :(
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

Saint wrote:

Thank you in advance

I rearely use mine, but it doesn't look like anything has changed - the search box is above my inbox list on the top left
No, Desktop client. Sux!
Azlan Roar

Post by Azlan Roar »

Still in the top RHS on my Mac version of Outlook.
Saint

Post by Saint »

Sandstorm wrote:
Saint wrote:

Thank you in advance

No, Desktop client. Sux!
Strange. My desktop client hasn't changed either....
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Still the same for me too.
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

Saint wrote:
Have you done the Office Update with "many enforced reboots"? It's coming to us all...half my team at work have had it already, half haven't yet.

Besides the location of the Search bar, after you type something into the bar you now also have to hit enter/click on the choices offered before it will start Searching. :x
A5D5E5

Post by A5D5E5 »

With a 20% fall in GDP, millions unemployed, tens of thousands dying from Covid-19 and society collapsing all around us, I'm struggling to give a fuck that you have to move your mouse 2 inches in a different direction and then press return.
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

A5D5E5 wrote:With a 20% fall in GDP, millions unemployed, tens of thousands dying from Covid-19 and society collapsing all around us, I'm struggling to give a fuck that you have to move your mouse 2 inches in a different direction and then press return.
These things matter when you are on the autistic spectrum.
Saint

Post by Saint »

Sandstorm wrote:
Saint wrote:
Have you done the Office Update with "many enforced reboots"? It's coming to us all...half my team at work have had it already, half haven't yet.

Besides the location of the Search bar, after you type something into the bar you now also have to hit enter/click on the choices offered before it will start Searching. :x
Waht version/release have you got now?
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

Saint wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Saint wrote:

What version/release have you got now?
Build 12827.20268

A5D - you cut me deep. :(
True Blue

Post by True Blue »

Thank you in advance
Caught me out too :lol: Such a bizarre design choice.
Spyglass

Post by Spyglass »

Thank you in advance
Thanks, I was wondering where it had gone :blush:
Saint

Post by Saint »

Sandstorm wrote:
Saint wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Saint wrote:

Build 12827.20268

Odd. I'm on the inside ring and my build is behind yours. Version 2002?
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

Saint wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Saint wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Saint wrote:

Build 12827.20268

Odd. I'm on the inside ring and my build is behind yours. Version 2002?
Mine updated a couple of weeks ago and is same version as Sandstorm's