Re: No More laughing.

Post by Ulsters Red Hand »

It's Always Sunny blackface episode gone
Clive

Post by Clive »

bessantj wrote:Oh and as we speak:

Fawlty Towers: The Germans episode to be reinstated by UKTV
A classic episode of the comedy Fawlty Towers will be reinstated to streaming service UKTV with a warning about "offensive content and language".
There we go Clive.
Some sense prevails now lets get Love thy neighbour on primetime Beeb
Clive

Post by Clive »

Biffer29 wrote:
Clive wrote:
bessantj wrote:
Clive wrote:I see that Fawlty towers, the episode with the Germans is being taken off The Beeb, a long list of shows now under attack from simple minded dick heads with think its offensive.
Why has the creator of Bo Selector apologised, for portraying M Jackson or Craig David, they were characters that had little to do with the way those people behaved, it Was funny as was Mel C.

I pleased that Harry Enfield defended his portrayal of Nelson Mandela, who in his show was a drug dealer and selling Alco pops to kids, very funny episode.

Till Death do Us part, Rising damp and other shows were well written and well acted, great comedy but it seems we live in a ultra sensitive era where only political correct comedy will do, where will the next batch of great writers and comedy actors come from, it looks like there won't be any.

And yet it seems Ok to show film like Pulp Fiction where the n***** word is used quite often usually black to black actor that seems fine (love the film), The people caving in to this should stand up to this nonsense, and not be dictated to by idiots, but it looks like quality comedy is now a thing of the past something along with British history needs to erased, so no more laughing.
UKTV took the episode down themselves, there was no mass complaint for it to go, I think they jumped the gun but that's up to them.

SEAsianExpat wrote:I wonder how long it will be before 'Blazing Saddles' gets banned forevermore for being "offensive"?

Assuming it isn't already, of course.
You should look into how hard a time they had getting it made, back then you weren't allowed to show cowboys as anything other than good old god fearing justice warriors.
Uk TV have no right to take it down the vast majority of people Including a Black family will find FT to be one of the finest sit coms ever made, what these companies are doing is saying to young actors and writers is don't take risks, Do we take down Some mothers Do Ave Um because its portraying A bumbling idiot, all comedy has a targets and in the case of most 70's shows the target is how idiotic the white guy is, Alf Garnet, Rigsby to name but 2.
I think they have every right to decide what they broadcast on their streaming site. They’re under no obligation to you or anyone else.
Yes there's also something called the off button.
Zico

Post by Zico »

Bring back Bernard Manning.

He was funny.
shanky

Post by shanky »

Clive wrote:
bessantj wrote:Oh and as we speak:

Fawlty Towers: The Germans episode to be reinstated by UKTV
A classic episode of the comedy Fawlty Towers will be reinstated to streaming service UKTV with a warning about "offensive content and language".
There we go Clive.
Some sense prevails now lets get Love thy neighbour on primetime Beeb
I'm guessing you're being ironic. Because that show is objectively horrible. And was 'then', as well.