Bored Legends /Hall of Fame

All things Rugby
Openside

Re: Bored Legends /Hall of Fame

Post by Openside »

ScarfaceClaw wrote:Scan previous pages ... ahhh, you can all get fucked.

Nods smugly :P
Short Man Syndrome

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

Openside wrote:
Short Man Syndrome wrote:Which poster had the seemingly endless list of similes for an unkempt flange? I still use ‘like a gorilla having an autopsy’ to this day. Also like to reference ‘like she’d been hit between the legs by a bag of soot’ every now and again.
A fanny like Brian Mays plug hole is infinitely superior...
Openside's Butler wrote:Very good sir, I'll put in the request with Madame JouJou
argus

Post by argus »

Openside wrote:
croyals wrote:Not sure whose phrase it originally was but I use 'any fat tourist with the right equipment' pretty regularly in normal conversation.

It was any FIT tourist. Unless it has become a boredism like Escape goat or Palestine...
Iirc it was Pisser slaying off Sir Edmund on his demise
Jeff the Bear

Post by Jeff the Bear »

Sefton wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:The fact that I am not front and centre on this thread is an absolute disgrace! :x
You are? :?
Oh, OK. Carry on then.
TB63

Post by TB63 »

Openside wrote:
Short Man Syndrome wrote:Which poster had the seemingly endless list of similes for an unkempt flange? I still use ‘like a gorilla having an autopsy’ to this day. Also like to reference ‘like she’d been hit between the legs by a bag of soot’ every now and again.

A fanny like Brian Mays plug hole is infinitely superior...
Ripped out fireplace..

Vandalised bus seat..
ZappaMan

Post by ZappaMan »

A hippo chewing Leo Sayer.
blindcider

Post by blindcider »

CrazyIslander wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
Derwyn wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:A mention for Marty Farty, presumably now deceased after illness, the only man more delusional and entertaining than Globus
Marty Farty was a great poster... :lol: :lol: :lol: Great guy.....Funny guy! :lol: :lol:

I know he had his health problems. Hopefully it all turned out well for him.
Tbf, marty farty turned up at a cabal wearing trainers brighter than the sun and proceeded to buy drinks for the entire group for the rest of the evening. His bar bill must have been quite impressive.
So he's the larger than life bloke he makes out to be?
If he's who he hinted at being on here then yes he most definitely is. I havent seen an obit for him either
puku

Post by puku »

ZappaMan wrote:A hippo chewing Leo Sayer.
:lol:

Wasn't YE in the forces?

I remember rusty starfish and something about a tea towel holder as descriptors of something south of the perineum.
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

argus wrote:
Openside wrote:
croyals wrote:Not sure whose phrase it originally was but I use 'any fat tourist with the right equipment' pretty regularly in normal conversation.

It was any FIT tourist. Unless it has become a boredism like Escape goat or Palestine...
It was. Nearly led to the demise of Enzedder who took the slight against Sir Ed very badly.
argus

Post by argus »

Sandstorm wrote:
argus wrote:
Openside wrote:

It was. Nearly led to the demise of Enzedder who took the slight against Sir Ed very badly.
Tbf
They were probably in school together
argus

Post by argus »

Doesn’t transfer to the US as they don’t know who he is
ZappaMan

Post by ZappaMan »

argus wrote:
Doesn’t transfer to the US as they don’t know who he is
He's a herbivorous, semiaquatic mammal :smug:
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Sandstorm wrote:
argus wrote:
Openside wrote:

Not all all correct. I took umbrage when he was banned (not by me) and had an alternative login called the Gangly Beekeeper which he used. I thought it was hugely disrespectful. I didn't even know it was him or the history and, when that login was canned (not by me) I supplied him with another login to use.

The exact quote is shown earlier as it made it to the PR Hall of fame.
moosehead

Post by moosehead »

Going to miss this bored...... especially during Canadian winter....

Shames Mountain Ski Area is a ski resort located 35 km (22 mi) west of the city of Terrace, British Columbia, Canada. The area's vertical drop is 488 m (1600') with a summit elevation of 1189 m (3900'), with one surface lift and one double chair. Annual snowfall at the summit is 1200 cm (475 inches).
RandomNavigat0r

Post by RandomNavigat0r »

Ali's Choice wrote:I think Spine deserves a mention if we are discussing memorable posters. He had two distinct 'careers' one that ended around 2008, and then he returned around 2011 to 2013. The first one he was just an aussie troll, the second one he admitted that he was a Saffer expat who lived in Aussie.

He was an absolute nuttter. I remember him clearly because he accosted me seconds after my very first post. He quoted me, called me a worthless piece of newbie crap and told me that if I wanted to survive for a day on this forum then I needed to be his bitch, that I needed to do exactly what he told me to do. He explained that whilst this place appeared to be a rugby forum, in reality it was like a cyber prison yard, and that if I wanted to survive I needed to align myself with him. He certainly set the scene for my next 15 years posting.
:blush:
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

I think two Irish/faux Irish posters deserve a mention, Dublin Dynamo and Mitty.

Dublin Dynamo, in his pomp, was a gifted poster and entertaining WUM who adopted an aggressive but engaging style of posting. He was one of those rare posters who reinvented himself across both hemispheres over the course of his posting tenure. He rarely posts now so one can only assume that he lost his virginity and then got a job somewhere.

Mitty started off as a fairly innocent WUM but by the end of was a fairly nasty, self absorbed troll who had an annoying habbit of bumping his own failed troll threads to keep himself relevant. It was fairly obvious that Mitty was the multi of an established poster in the NH dayshift. Started off as a joke poster but ended being an extremely nasty online persona, who would gleefully troll poster's real life problems or crises to get a rise. One of the very few actual trolls that we have had one this forum since I joined in 2005.

Another poster worth a shout is the Welsh scrounger multi-login Refry. Obviously the work of an English or Irish poster who created Refry to troll the Welsh, he was definitely a one-Shtick WUM, but for ages he managed this this shtick well. Died a painful death when his posting became predictable, tedious and overly prolific.
Last edited by Ali's Choice on Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
slick

Post by slick »

Isn't Refry now ANDy?
pieman99

Post by pieman99 »

Don't think so, I always suspected refry/harrysomething was a multi of muffstuffa.
Openside

Post by Openside »

puku wrote:

Wasn't YE in the forces?

I remember rusty starfish and something about a tea towel holder as descriptors of something south of the perineum.

No but lots of his family were/had been.

His godfather was in the SAS and died during the Pebble Island raid down south in '82
Mahoney

Post by Mahoney »

slick wrote:Isn't Refry now ANDy?
I'd be very surprised. AND-y goes through some very different posting styles depending on how disillusioned he is with the world at the moment, but he's been around for ages and strikes me as genuine.

Remarkable as it seems, I tentatively concluded that Refry was for real, too. Some had off-bored communications with him (don't think yeeb was the only one). In general I think we leap for the multi / persona thing too quickly.

My theory is that Mitty's like globus - deliberately exaggerating his genuine personality thinking people will give it a pass as an "amusing" persona. But the flaw is actually perfectly real, and the persona far closer to reality than the poster would actually like.
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

Mahoney wrote:
Remarkable as it seems, I tentatively concluded that Refry was for real, too. Some had off-bored communications with him (don't think yeeb was the only one). In general I think we leap for the multi / persona thing too quickly.
Me too. He had a small MySpace page with some original music he’d written. All on that godforsaken Ibanez Gem he talked of often.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Openside wrote:
puku wrote:

Wasn't YE in the forces?

No but lots of his family were/had been.

His godfather was in the SAS and died during the Pebble Island raid down south in '82
Nobody died in that raid. Must have been no women and children around
slick

Post by slick »

mr bungle wrote:
Mahoney wrote:
Me too. He had a small MySpace page with some original music he’d written. All on that godforsaken Ibanez Gem he talked of often.
I thought he was real also. I thought ANDy had made references to a similar life to Refry, wife a nurse etc.
Torquemada 1420

Post by Torquemada 1420 »

Mahoney wrote:
I'd be very surprised. AND-y goes through some very different posting styles depending on how disillusioned he is with the world at the moment, but he's been around for ages and strikes me as genuine.

My theory is that Mitty's like globus - deliberately exaggerating his genuine personality thinking people will give it a pass as an "amusing" persona. But the flaw is actually perfectly real, and the persona far closer to reality than the poster would actually like.
Had Refry and DAC met?
Torquemada 1420

Total mental block folks. :?

Who was the Welsh poster whose wife ran off with the butcher? His wife had had a boob job and he posted a pic of her here to which I commented something pithily on her choice of clothing stores which only seemed to deepen his gloom.
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

Torquemada 1420 wrote:Total mental block folks. :?

Who was the Welsh poster whose wife ran off with the butcher? His wife had had a boob job and he posted a pic of her here to which I commented something pithily on her choice of clothing stores which only seemed to deepen his gloom.
Sun Tsu.
Caley_Red

Post by Caley_Red »

mr bungle wrote:

Sun Tsu.
Didn't he return as a dirty expat in some poor South East Asiam country?
Torquemada 1420

mr bungle wrote:

Sun Tsu.
Jesus. Thanks. It had just gone.

For inexplicable reasons, I always felt he and Jeff had a lot in common! Sorry Jeff.
Torquemada 1420

Caley_Red wrote:
mr bungle wrote:

Sun Tsu.
Didn't he return as a dirty expat in some poor South East Asiam country?
I see what you did here.
msp.

Post by msp. »

so when is the bored actually being killed off??? - I have spend too much of my time on this..
RandomNavigat0r

kiap wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:I think Spine deserves a mention if we are discussing memorable posters. He had two distinct 'careers' one that ended around 2008, and then he returned around 2011 to 2013. The first one he was just an aussie troll, the second one he admitted that he was a Saffer expat who lived in Aussie.

He was an absolute nuttter. I remember him clearly because he accosted me seconds after my very first post. He quoted me, called me a worthless piece of newbie crap and told me that if I wanted to survive for a day on this forum then I needed to be his bitch, that I needed to do exactly what he told me to do. He explained that whilst this place appeared to be a rugby forum, in reality it was like a cyber prison yard, and that if I wanted to survive I needed to align myself with him. He certainly set the scene for my next 15 years posting.
Hard to believe, I know, but Spine was actually a Kiwi - incognito.

I'm rarely wrong on this sort of thing.

He still exists online too. :nod: (some sleuthing skills required, however).
You may be onto something ;)

If its the guy I think you are all thinking of he still posts regularly on the local rugby forums in Australia. I think he even got voted in as the resident MVP on one of them. I think he found a new family after realising how tedious and shit the moderators here are. Most of us know the mods here wouldnt last 5minutes on a real forum. Unnecessary bannings seem to be their forte and one too many just drives people into new homes on the internet which just makes this place a little worse, and over time it has become this. I actually think the guy was the reason RugbyReg quit one of the forums in protest never to be seen again except on his little circle jerk hideout over at G&GR.

Not sure where the self confessed saffa comes into it, pretty certain thats some conspiracy theory concocted up by the wackos that seem to still hang around this joint as a way of justifying in their frail psychological minds the genuine lashing they probably copped from him for just being silly dumbfu'cks or tedious trolls and being called out on it whenever they attempted to play up..
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Mahoney wrote:

Mitty was real he came to a cabal once
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

blindcider wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
Derwyn wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:A mention for Marty Farty, presumably now deceased after illness, the only man more delusional and entertaining than Globus
Marty Farty was a great poster... :lol: :lol: :lol: Great guy.....Funny guy! :lol: :lol:

I know he had his health problems. Hopefully it all turned out well for him.
Tbf, marty farty turned up at a cabal wearing trainers brighter than the sun and proceeded to buy drinks for the entire group for the rest of the evening. His bar bill must have been quite impressive.
So he's the larger than life bloke he makes out to be?
If he's who he hinted at being on here then yes he most definitely is. I havent seen an obit for him either
Who was he?
slick

Post by slick »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Mahoney wrote:

Was he a plum?

That reminds me (not being a plum, but I think they agreed to meet once) but Musefreek was great value for a while
backrow

Post by backrow »

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Enzedder wrote:I'd like to also give a big :thumbup: to Svaran who was voted Best Kiwi in 2002 and 2003 (4th in 2004) before ill health got to him and led to his early demise.
Tragic. He assisted me in 2005 in helping track down Quentin to try and put a stop to him on the board.

Loads missing such as:
- lucy: who in many ways got a lot of the early boardies to meet in person via his access to Eng tickets
- Green Eyes: easy to forget this place had a reasonable no. of female posters early doors such as aitch (@wasps)
- Mr Blonde who, along with Tae (another forgotten) pretty much started all the Fantasy comps for us on the now defunct FantasyRugby.com site i.e. before Sports Guru and SuperBru
- dulux: who still runs his art business in Bucks and was the best Welsh poster for me
- pigsy: long suffering Barfist and stalwart of the early board incarnations
- DaveS: the board's nicest and most naive poster. Did he get on the wrong side of PR for posting video clips from games once? Left after I think his wife died and he found god via the Jehovahs. Hey, if this place wasn't going to exploit his niceness, the god botherers were.
- Undies: best avatar ever
- Petros (where did he go?)
- Leaving London: the resident wine buff who may have changed his login
- Tobi. A mod who was actually a decent mod!
- Terry Wallbank: can't remember his login but his unfunny cartoons were at least as unhinged as Quentin. Tessatoons or something like that.
Good list.

Could probably add Softie to it as well.
Definitely but thought he'd been detailed earlier.
Did anyone stay in touch with Dave S in real life ? Was sad what happened about his wife
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Mahoney wrote:

If it was the one I was at, we made that up. It was o'daves mate.

Although it could well have been an irish one you're referring to.

Who was the fantasist who coined the phrase 'I can smell your jalopy' pretty sure that wasn't Mitty.
msp.

Post by msp. »

happyhooker wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
Mahoney wrote:

Who was the fantasist who coined the phrase 'I can smell your jalopy' pretty sure that wasn't Mitty.
Was not 'I can smell your jalopy' one of Quentin posts from the poster who worked in China. - it was unintentionally funny
RandomNavigat0r

msp. wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
Mahoney wrote:

Was not 'I can smell your jalopy' one of Quentin posts from the poster who worked in China. - it was unintentionally funny
So let me guess

"I can smell your old car"

So fu-cking hillarious, the sense of humour is strong in this joint! :roll:
Mahoney

Post by Mahoney »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Mahoney wrote:

Yes, I know; I thought was implicit in my post.
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

RandomNavigat0r wrote:
msp. wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
Mahoney wrote: I'd be very surprised. AND-y goes through some very different posting styles depending on how disillusioned he is with the world at the moment, but he's been around for ages and strikes me as genuine.

So let me guess

"I can smell your old car"

So fu-cking hillarious, the sense of humour is strong in this joint! :roll:
It was a ?drunken? misspelling of jealousy, but you keep swinging.