Dirty Leeds started as they mean to go on

Anonymous 1

Re: Hey Merry 2017

Post by Anonymous 1 »

8)

crash 669

Post by crash 669 »

As nice as it was to get a win, I think if the SL sides played those teams again during their season it would be a very different result. That said, Brown looked great behind a dominant pack.
Openside

Post by Openside »

Isn't this a call out thread?

Mods start swinging 😜
Tim.

Post by Tim. »

Anonymous. wrote:Dirty Leeds started as they mean to go on

:thumbup:
crash 669

Post by crash 669 »

Openside wrote:Isn't this a call out thread?

Mods start swinging 😜
No, that was only the case when Leeds were shit... oh.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

crash 669 wrote:As nice as it was to get a win, I think if the SL sides played those teams again during their season it would be a very different result. That said, Brown looked great behind a dominant pack.
They don't even see it as a good pre season workout anymore. Couldn't even get the runners up to travel.

Great start to the season for Wigan though. With the added bonus of seeing dirty Leeds get a complete humping.
merry!

Post by merry! »

crash 669 wrote:
Openside wrote:Isn't this a call out thread?

Mods start swinging 😜
No, that was only the case when Leeds were shit... oh.
oh look, junior's found his balls again. how cute.

we live in hope of wire finding theirs in a grand final.
earl the beaver

Post by earl the beaver »

Leeds need a serious shakeup. Something is just not working there. They always seem to have obscene injury lists and the players they have are aging. Obviously hardaker is a massive cűnt but he's miles better than anyone in leeds' back three.

Feel sorry for Joel Moon and Jimmy Keinhorst, they continually play well but just surrounded by a mess.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Played 3 lost 3 for Warrington now. Could they be in the kind of trouble Leeds were last season.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Anonymous. wrote:Played 3 lost 3 for Warrington now. Could they be in the kind of trouble Leeds were last season.
Warrington 16-38 Wigan
Liam Marshall scores four tries as Super League champions Wigan pile more misery on 2016 Grand Final opponents Warrington. 8)
merry!

Post by merry! »

Leeds Rhinos 26-18 Wigan Warriors

Leeds' fourth successive win since a 66-10 annihilation at Castleford at the start of the month saw them keep pace with the Super League-leading Tigers, with Rhinos second in the table and equal on points with their Yorkshire rivals..

more..
merry!

Post by merry! »

gone very quiet this thread..

how's it going mid-table, lads? :)
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

One good thing about having a lot of injuries is come the business end we will have a group of fresh players in the squad.
merry!

Post by merry! »

fair play, anon.. :thumbup:
merry!

Post by merry! »

so glad i'm not a lanc tonight.. 8)
Roses match: Yorkshire beat Lancashire by 10 wickets at Headingley

Ryan Sidebottom (left) and Ben Coad took 14 wickets between them in the match

Ruthless Yorkshire took just an hour and a half to take Lancashire's last six wickets and set up a Roses match win inside three days at Headingley.

Ryan Sidebottom took 3-38, for match figures of 6-60, as Lancashire resuming on 141-4, were bowled out for 209.

Tim Bresnan took 3-50, while Ben Coad got the key wicket of Shiv Chanderpaul for career-best match figures of 8-59.

Yorkshire openers Adam Lyth and Alex Lees then polished off the target, reaching 61-0 to win by 10 wickets.

Having begun the third day still nine runs behind, but with six wickets left, with Chanderpaul and Dane Vilas at the crease, Lancashire still had realistic hopes of saving the game, or at least stretching it into the final day.

But they crucially lost Vilas and Chanderpaul, the second highest scorer in the match following Lyth's crucial first-innings century, on 149-6, before they had gone past Yorkshire's first-innings score.

Vilas edged to slip off Sidebottom without adding to his overnight 22, to only the 14th ball of the day, then Chanderpaul, who had added just four to his overnight score, was caught behind for 47 off youngster Coad, his second wicket of the innings, and eighth of the match.

The 22-year-old Harrogate-born paceman, who had taken just two first-class wickets before the start of this season, has now taken 35 first-class wickets this season, more than anyone else in the country.

Ryan McLaren and Jordan Clark (35) held up Yorkshire with a seventh-wicket stand of 48. But, Bresnan then finished things off, taking three wickets in 16 balls as Lancashire lost their last four wickets for 12 runs inside 27 balls.

He had McLaren caught at third slip, then had both Clark, controversially, and Stephen Parry caught behind, either side of Sidebottom accounting for Tom Bailey.

What next for the two Roses counties?

Having started this game a place behind their old rivals in fifth, Yorkshire's second win of the season, with the best part of five sessions to spare, lifts them above Lancashire, into third in the Division One table.

Lancashire avoided a points deduction in this match by operating for 19 of Yorkshire's 21 overs with spinners Steven Croft, Stephen Parry and even England Test opener Haseeb Hameed as they improved their minus three over-rate from the first innings.

Lancashire's next game starts this Friday (9 June), when they host reigning county champions Middlesex at Southport.

Yorkshire also start their next four-day game the same day, when they must travel to Taunton to play bottom-of-the-table Somerset.

Yorkshire coach Andrew Gale told BBC Radio Leeds: "We were outstanding from start to finish. We dominated the game. I've just said in the dressing room that 'we strive for perfection'. And the only area was we should have got a 250-lead, not 150.

"Other than that, I asked us to be more ruthless. Our catching was a lot better. As a bowling unit, we were top drawer. As good as you'll see in county cricket.

"I'm pleased for Lythy because you always go through a lean patch as a batter. He's worked really hard and put a decent shift in in the nets. I'm pleased he's got his rewards.

"This period of games is massive in the scheme of the season. I said before this game that it won't be won and lost in this period, but you can make some dents in the table."

Lancashire coach Glen Chapple told BBC Radio Manchester:

"Yorkshire basically won the game on a pretty spicy pitch. They were pretty relentless on the first day and we weren't able to match that.

"It comes to down to old fashioned English conditions, which were bowler friendly. And the Yorkshire bowlers were outstanding.

"We didn't live up to their bowling, especially Ryan Sidebottom and Ben Coad early on. They just hammered out a length and gave our batsmen nowhere to go.

"I don't think it was down to the toss at all. It was basically the quality of our bowling didn't match theirs. We have to take that on the chin."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/40146478
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

One thing I liked about the old BBC forum was if you started a thread you could delete any post you didn't like.
merry!

Post by merry! »

Warrington Wolves 26 - 27 Wigan warriors
last minute penalty and drop goal both missed by wire :uhoh: so that's them out of the cup as well as the title race.

stick a fork in 'em..
Last edited by merry! on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frankster

Post by frankster »

merry! wrote:so glad i'm not a lanc tonight.. 8)
Roses match: Yorkshire beat Lancashire by 10 wickets at Headingley

Ryan Sidebottom (left) and Ben Coad took 14 wickets between them in the match

Ruthless Yorkshire took just an hour and a half to take Lancashire's last six wickets and set up a Roses match win inside three days at Headingley.

Ryan Sidebottom took 3-38, for match figures of 6-60, as Lancashire resuming on 141-4, were bowled out for 209.

Tim Bresnan took 3-50, while Ben Coad got the key wicket of Shiv Chanderpaul for career-best match figures of 8-59.

Yorkshire openers Adam Lyth and Alex Lees then polished off the target, reaching 61-0 to win by 10 wickets.

Having begun the third day still nine runs behind, but with six wickets left, with Chanderpaul and Dane Vilas at the crease, Lancashire still had realistic hopes of saving the game, or at least stretching it into the final day.

But they crucially lost Vilas and Chanderpaul, the second highest scorer in the match following Lyth's crucial first-innings century, on 149-6, before they had gone past Yorkshire's first-innings score.

Vilas edged to slip off Sidebottom without adding to his overnight 22, to only the 14th ball of the day, then Chanderpaul, who had added just four to his overnight score, was caught behind for 47 off youngster Coad, his second wicket of the innings, and eighth of the match.

The 22-year-old Harrogate-born paceman, who had taken just two first-class wickets before the start of this season, has now taken 35 first-class wickets this season, more than anyone else in the country.

Ryan McLaren and Jordan Clark (35) held up Yorkshire with a seventh-wicket stand of 48. But, Bresnan then finished things off, taking three wickets in 16 balls as Lancashire lost their last four wickets for 12 runs inside 27 balls.

He had McLaren caught at third slip, then had both Clark, controversially, and Stephen Parry caught behind, either side of Sidebottom accounting for Tom Bailey.

What next for the two Roses counties?

Having started this game a place behind their old rivals in fifth, Yorkshire's second win of the season, with the best part of five sessions to spare, lifts them above Lancashire, into third in the Division One table.

Lancashire avoided a points deduction in this match by operating for 19 of Yorkshire's 21 overs with spinners Steven Croft, Stephen Parry and even England Test opener Haseeb Hameed as they improved their minus three over-rate from the first innings.

Lancashire's next game starts this Friday (9 June), when they host reigning county champions Middlesex at Southport.

Yorkshire also start their next four-day game the same day, when they must travel to Taunton to play bottom-of-the-table Somerset.

Yorkshire coach Andrew Gale told BBC Radio Leeds: "We were outstanding from start to finish. We dominated the game. I've just said in the dressing room that 'we strive for perfection'. And the only area was we should have got a 250-lead, not 150.

"Other than that, I asked us to be more ruthless. Our catching was a lot better. As a bowling unit, we were top drawer. As good as you'll see in county cricket.

"I'm pleased for Lythy because you always go through a lean patch as a batter. He's worked really hard and put a decent shift in in the nets. I'm pleased he's got his rewards.

"This period of games is massive in the scheme of the season. I said before this game that it won't be won and lost in this period, but you can make some dents in the table."

Lancashire coach Glen Chapple told BBC Radio Manchester:

"Yorkshire basically won the game on a pretty spicy pitch. They were pretty relentless on the first day and we weren't able to match that.

"It comes to down to old fashioned English conditions, which were bowler friendly. And the Yorkshire bowlers were outstanding.

"We didn't live up to their bowling, especially Ryan Sidebottom and Ben Coad early on. They just hammered out a length and gave our batsmen nowhere to go.

"I don't think it was down to the toss at all. It was basically the quality of our bowling didn't match theirs. We have to take that on the chin."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/40146478
and every other day!
merry!

Post by merry! »

aye, every morning I wake and thank god..
Crash_12

Post by Crash_12 »

Cas v Leeds tonight - literally nothing else to watch.
earl the beaver

I'm going.
merry!

Post by merry! »

feels good to replace Salford in 2nd, after a 24-50 victory at their place.. 8)

meanwhile, at the other end of the table, pies breathe a sigh of relief at getting themselves safe from the middle 8s.

whereas, wire....well...it could be their year! :)
merry!

Post by merry! »

Captain Danny McGuire will leave Leeds Rhinos at the end of the season after 15 years with the club.

The England and Great Britain half-back, 34, is the leading try scorer in Super League history with 233 tries and fourth on Leeds' all-time list.

more
the east end park lad did well. :thumbup:
earl the beaver

He was very good against Salford at the weekend, still got it.

Once Leeds announced the signing of Myler writing was on the wall.
merry!

Post by merry! »

earl the beaver wrote:He was very good against Salford at the weekend, still got it.

Once Leeds announced the signing of Myler writing was on the wall.
been very impressed with how he adapted to losing his pace over the years, going from being the best poacher to an excellent provider letting the youngsters be his legs.

with burrow also buggering off, southstanders will no doubt want another half back rather than rely on myler and lilley (who's been at Bradford most of the season). moon's done well but he's not a long term fix, and Sutcliffe's become a utility player now.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

He really is a scummy player
merry!

Post by merry! »

Anonymous. wrote:He really is a scummy player
must be the east end in him. :P
earl the beaver

Anon has been very quiet about this...

Anyway, I have somehow got a ticket to the semi-final at Headingley on Friday for my 3rd every rugby league match, should be good against Hull.
merry!

Post by merry! »

and then she was gone.. :(
Spoiler: show

(pic taken earlier this week by a lad on southstander.)
hopefully it'll look a bit tidier for the semi.
merry!

Post by merry! »

on a more positive note, the future at headingley...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubmD6zYKRcM

lovely. :proud:
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

fudge off :x
merry!

Post by merry! »

being in the luxurious position of disinterested observer, anon, who do you fancy in the semis?
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Cas and Hull with Cas being way the best team in the comp. I don't know how good they are from a historical perspective as it seems everyone else has been pretty average this season.
Doggyboy

Post by Doggyboy »

Glad I'm not a Yorkie...

1 Essex
2 Lancashire
3 Surrey
4 Yorkshire

and

1 Ealing Trailfinders
2 Bristol
3 Doncaster
4 Nottingham
5 Bedford
6 Yorkshire Carnegie
merry!

Post by merry! »

Anonymous. wrote:Cas and Hull with Cas being way the best team in the comp. I don't know how good they are from a historical perspective as it seems everyone else has been pretty average this season.
yup, been a shite season really. cas deserve it, but it's so up for grabs. was going to say I reckon the winner of leeds/hull will probably steal it because of winning big games, but then they both look fairly brittle too.
merry!

Post by merry! »

Doggyboy wrote:Glad I'm not a Yorkie...

1 Essex
2 Lancashire
3 Surrey
4 Yorkshire

and

1 Ealing Trailfinders
2 Bristol
3 Doncaster
4 Nottingham
5 Bedford
6 Yorkshire Carnegie
transition season. again.

and we're all in mourning for the southstand, etc. show some feckin' respect. ;)
earl the beaver

What a finish to this first semi final.

Saints with 3 tries in the final 10 minutes, just gone 2 points up with 2 minutes to go
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Well that was unexpected. Great defence from Saints kept them in that game in the first half. Thought Cas had blown it by going for the long drop goal.
le chat

Post by le chat »

right match