Stupid people leaving reviews

All things Rugby
MrJonno

Stupid people leaving reviews

Post by MrJonno »

A pal and I went to a bar we heard of in Downtown Yangon for a few crafts beers and really liked it. I checked it on trip adviser today to see what it was like for food (to bring the missus). Personally I always find it more useful to read the bad reviews because they are funnier and if they are mostly nonsense it is a good sign. One guy with a Chinese name left a a bad review because he found it difficult to find using his phone GPS and he couldn't see the name when he got there! That sort of cr@p must drive owners, managers and staff nuts. To make it worse, we only knew the area it was in and found it by driving around for almost 90 secs and spotting it as we went past.

I've also noticed a tendency for Asian reviewers to go

"Great Food! Great Prices, Fantastic Staff!!! Will definitely be back" - 1 star.

I don't know if it is fat fingers or a cultural misunderstanding of the star system.

There are also the idiot ones from stupid western tourists. Here there are nice places where you pay £1 for a beer and some backpacker goes "Nice place but the beer was far too expensive for local prices, don't go here unless you want to be ripped off". They have English speaking staff (which means they have to pay them a lot more) and western style facilities you fk-knuckled cvnt.
Zico

Re: Stupid people leaving reviews

Post by Zico »

If I owned a bar or restaurant over here I wouldn't go near the reviews. A lot of them are nuts and I've seen people get very upset about them. Also would never leave a review myself unless it was positive because it's not worth getting on the wrong side of some owners.
DOB

Post by DOB »

MrJonno wrote: I've also noticed a tendency for Asian reviewers to go

"Great Food! Great Prices, Fantastic Staff!!! Will definitely be back" - 1 star.
A mate of mine (English) let his mum (Irish) use his Uber account for a while in California. She left several reviews saying "Brilliant!" - 1 star.
Inch high hogs eye

Post by Inch high hogs eye »

I like the Q&A’s on Amazon.
Q ‘‘Does this tin opener open tins?’
A ‘Don’t know, I haven’t got one, sorry’
Silly sods...
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

My mate owns a brewery. He got a review a few months ago that read: "Excellent service. Beer was a little fizzy: 1.5 stars"

I miss the days when you could comment on a review. I used to follow reviewers around and review their review. It was a lot of fun until I got repeatedly banned.
shereblue

Post by shereblue »

Had to take my elderly Spaniel to a nightime vet when it presented with acute stroke-like symptoms. You (understandably) pay an arm and a leg. When combined with a gormless young vet wrongly declining my suggested diagnosis (based on experience), this put me in a one star rant mood the next morning. But other distractions took over.

Three months later and my juvenile colley dog sustained a nasty cut to its paw out of office hours. There are no other all night vets I know, so I was grateful I had not left any memorably savage post.

Moral: think carefully before shitting in your own backyard with any hostile posts
Zico

Post by Zico »

shereblue wrote: Moral: think carefully before shitting in your own backyard with any hostile posts
:nod:

Sadly some people are too angry with the world to contain themselves. Act in haste, repent at leisure.
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

“Awesome hotel, best food, comfy bed, fantastic pool and all at low prices. However when we arrived the receptionist didn’t know I requested an extra pillow because my neck is stiff. Disgusting lack of customer service. I’ll never visit this hotel again!!!“
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

“Didn’t like my hotel in Egypt. Too many Egyptians. ”
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Inch high hogs eye wrote:I like the Q&A’s on Amazon.
Q ‘‘Does this tin opener open tins?’
A ‘Don’t know, I haven’t got one, sorry’
Silly sods...
They are gas.
'Does this tablet connect via FHS to BCav'
'not sure. It's 10" and black"
Margin_Walker

Post by Margin_Walker »

The product is perfect. Just what I needed.

Amazon were a day late delivering. 1 star
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

My mate's an author. His recent book recieved this review (during covid lockdown)

Was delivered a day late and cover was torn 1*
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

happyhooker wrote:My mate's an author. His recent book recieved this review (during covid lockdown)

I'd be livid. I would have thrown in a 'would give no star if they let me'
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Zico wrote:If I owned a bar or restaurant over here I wouldn't go near the reviews. A lot of them are nuts and I've seen people get very upset about them. Also would never leave a review myself unless it was positive because it's not worth getting on the wrong side of some owners.
This - leave a positive review - particularly if it's local. Maybe you get a free bottle of wine that drops off the bill here or there.

Some other dickhead who was passed over for school prefect will leave a shit review, you can always just go somewhere else.
dinsdale

Post by dinsdale »

This is the wonderful reply to a bad review from the owner of a world class Indian restaurant near me.

Lobby

Post by Lobby »

Margin_Walker wrote:The product is perfect. Just what I needed.

Amazon were a day late delivering. 1 star
The obverse is also equally irritating:

Five stars. Haven’t tried it yet, but arrive on time.

Even worse are the five star reviews before the product has been released:

Five stars. Just ordered. I love this band. This will be awesome.
MrJonno

Post by MrJonno »

dinsdale wrote:This is the wonderful reply to a bad review from the owner of a world class Indian restaurant near me.

Some of the responses from owners are top notch.

Like this one from the best micropub in Bristol
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/ ... ng-3873874
Clive

Post by Clive »

dinsdale wrote:This is the wonderful reply to a bad review from the owner of a world class Indian restaurant near me.

Music was limited, what was he expected, a full symphonic orchestra
danny_fitz

Post by danny_fitz »

Sandstorm wrote:“Awesome hotel, best food, comfy bed, fantastic pool and all at low prices. However when we arrived the receptionist didn’t know I requested an extra pillow because my neck is stiff. Disgusting lack of customer service. I’ll never visit this hotel again!!!“
It's the tits staying in a £60 a night budget hotel moaning about the pack of concierge, late night bar or fully equipped gym that amuse me.

I read an interesting review about a hotel in Thailand that warned potential guests that room 203 was haunted.
msp.

Post by msp. »

Stayed at Pontins on bean sands for kids rugby tour last year. Place was a white hole.. reviews are well worth viewing.. including my favourite "been on 2 tours of Afghanistan, and I will not be coming back to Pontins"
bobbity

Post by bobbity »

I once had a client leave me a glowing review in writing, but then 4/5 stars.

I did ask her about it, she said that she thought a succession of 5 star reviews would 'look fake'.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

bobbity wrote:I once had a client leave me a glowing review in writing, but then 4/5 stars.

I did ask her about it, she said that she thought a succession of 5 star reviews would 'look fake'.
Tbf, I find the 5 star system a bit shit. There's a lot of ground between getting something 80% perfect and 100% perfect. And a lot of expectation that a 5 star place can't make any missteps at all. Which then leads to ridiculous 1,2 or 3 star reviews.

That said, you get an excellent service and leave a great review, you really have to go with 5 stars.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

msp. wrote:Stayed at Pontins on bean sands for kids rugby tour last year. Place was a white hole.. reviews are well worth viewing.. including my favourite "been on 2 tours of Afghanistan, and I will not be coming back to Pontins"
:lol:
dinsdale

Post by dinsdale »

msp. wrote:Stayed at Pontins on bean sands for kids rugby tour last year. Place was a white hole.. reviews are well worth viewing.. including my favourite "been on 2 tours of Afghanistan, and I will not be coming back to Pontins"
I just looked it up on Tripadvisor. I had no idea it was possible to still be in business with that awful a rating!

A friend had a bakery in Auckland. A couple of years ago she got a 1 star review from somebody who had looked through the window when it was closed and complained about the decor.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Probably too complicated to implement but a system where you got a code to leave a review with your receipt would help weed out that sort of shite.
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

CM11 wrote:Probably too complicated to implement but a system where you got a code to leave a review with your receipt would help weed out that sort of shite.
What if they comp your awful meal? Or you refuse to pay and walk out?
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Sandstorm wrote:
CM11 wrote:Probably too complicated to implement but a system where you got a code to leave a review with your receipt would help weed out that sort of shite.
What if they comp your awful meal? Or you refuse to pay and walk out?
Yeah, complicated for stuff like that.

'waiter, I'm about to storm out but would you mind giving me a code so I can leave a shit review?'

Give it with the menu?
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

CM11 wrote:
bobbity wrote:I once had a client leave me a glowing review in writing, but then 4/5 stars.

Tbf, I find the 5 star system a bit shit. There's a lot of ground between getting something 80% perfect and 100% perfect. And a lot of expectation that a 5 star place can't make any missteps at all. Which then leads to ridiculous 1,2 or 3 star reviews.

That said, you get an excellent service and leave a great review, you really have to go with 5 stars.
Most normal people don’t bother leaving reviews. They will only leave a review if something really unusually good or bad has happened, and even then they might not bother. But you have a small subset of people who leave a review for everything from taking a shit to taking the bins out. Christ we have handed the key of society to google and Facebook.
Lacrobat

Post by Lacrobat »

happyhooker wrote:My mate's an author. His recent book recieved this review (during covid lockdown)

Yeah, there's more and more of those - people who can't (or won't) distinguish between the product and the service.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Duff Paddy wrote:
CM11 wrote:

Most normal people don’t bother leaving reviews. They will only leave a review if something really unusually good or bad has happened, and even then they might not bother. But you have a small subset of people who leave a review for everything from taking a shit to taking the bins out. Christ we have handed the key of society to google and Facebook.
:thumbup:
sorCrer

Post by sorCrer »

I had a guy buy a pizza last week and although he paid for it by credit card the frontliner forgot to punch it. So he rightly phoned back ranting and swearing, then phoned head office ranting and swearing. We immediately sent him the full charge back AND the food for free. He sent the food back. :?
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

sorCrer wrote:I had a guy buy a pizza last week and although he paid for it by credit card the frontliner forgot to punch it. So he rightly phoned back ranting and swearing, then phoned head office ranting and swearing. We immediately sent him the full charge back AND the food for free. He sent the food back. :?
Should give him the other kind of punch instead.
sorCrer

Post by sorCrer »

Lacrobat wrote:

Yeah, there's more and more of those - people who can't (or won't) distinguish between the product and the service.
Yeah. I get plenty of bad reviews for my app because the customer wasn't happy with the food or it took too long.
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

sorCrer wrote:
Lacrobat wrote:

Yeah. I get plenty of bad reviews for my app because the customer wasn't happy with the food or it took too long.
Surely you can write the app to split the review into 3 separate parts?
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Good work by the restaurant fella
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

CM11 wrote:

If you want to give 4/5 rating with Uber they ask you what the driver did wrong. It's as if anything but 5/5 is a slur.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

sorCrer wrote:I had a guy buy a pizza last week and although he paid for it by credit card the frontliner forgot to punch it. So he rightly phoned back ranting and swearing, then phoned head office ranting and swearing. We immediately sent him the full charge back AND the food for free. He sent the food back. :?
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

One of the cafes here has a selection of the silliest bad reviews printed on their menu.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Customer: Hi I ordered a pizza from you about an hour ago and it's not arrived.
sorCer: Sorry Sir i've checked and we've not had an order from you.
Customer : What the fudge do you mean . You've taken my money and emailed me the bill.
sorCer: Neither I nor my staff will put up with that kind of verbal abuse.Goodbye

Head Office: We've just had a call from a customer who has paid for a pizza which has not been delivered and when he called back he says you denied having received the order and put the phone down on him. Send him a full refund and a free pizza.

Considering the pizza didn't arrive until 17:30 and the client originally made the order at 12:00
it's not wonder he sent the pizza back. He would no doubt have order from somewhere else after you denied having taken his order in the first place.

You should be ashamed of yourself
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Stayed in a fabulous place in Bandon Dunes in Oregon last year and the owners were telling us about a really damning review they got. It’s a small place and they couldn’t remember the client, but after a bit of detective work they discovered it was from the wife of a guy who brought his girlfriend there for a dirty weekend. :lol: