Tik Tok - DELETE NOW!!!

All things Rugby
The Optimist

Tik Tok - DELETE NOW!!!

Post by The Optimist »

TikTok users are being urged to delete the app immediately, after someone reverse engineered the platform and found it’s allegedly stealing users’ personal data.

The blockbuster Chinese app, popular among teens for uploading and sharing short videos, is nothing more than “a data collection service that is thinly-veiled as a social network”, the male Reddit user who reverse-engineered the app wrote in a lengthy post.
The filth that is China, is it not a surprise that the fascist state apart from slaughtering and interring Uyighurs has been collecting the private information of millions of private citizens to be able to tack and trace. Delete Tik Tok, Facebook and Foxnews.
DAC_

Re: Tik Tok - DELETE NOW!!!

Post by DAC_ »

Bit racist.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

A social media app is merely a method of harvesting personal data?

I'm shocked, I tells ya, shocked...
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Leinsterman wrote:A social media app is merely a method of harvesting personal data?

“If it isn’t clear what the product is, it’s you”.
merry!

Post by merry! »

bimboman wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:A social media app is merely a method of harvesting personal data?

“If it isn’t clear what the product is, it’s you”.
yup. big brother spying though its alphabet agencies / alphabet inc. etc is not news.

'conspiracy theorists' have been saying this for decades. i remember asking this about menwith hill, just up the road from here, back in the noughties..
A5D5E5

Post by A5D5E5 »

My only surprise is that there is any surprise. Harvesting personal data is the business model of facebook etc so why would a Chinese site be any different.
Average Joe

Post by Average Joe »

What the hell they gonna do with my info anyways?
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Three words : Major League Baseball

This is not new, folks.
lilyw

Post by lilyw »

I'll believe that people are really worried about privacy & data protection when Supermarket loyalty schemes shut down.
Pole

Post by Pole »

Average Joe wrote:What the hell they gonna do with my info anyways?
Take only the marketing aspect for example, companies like Google build a profile of you then sells you as a target for companies which might want to flog their goods to you.. Obviously there are more sinister uses too
Average Joe

Post by Average Joe »

Pole wrote:
Average Joe wrote:What the hell they gonna do with my info anyways?
Take only the marketing aspect for example, companies like Google build a profile of you then sells you as a target for companies which might want to flog their goods to you.. Obviously there are more sinister uses too
I don't care much for that anyways. I just ignore them. What's the more sinister uses? It's not like I have a nuclear bomb in my basement. Unless they want to spread my 20 year old dick picks I don't see much use for someone like me's info.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Is this news to anyone?
bok_viking

Post by bok_viking »

Do people who use Tik Tok or similar apps really care about privacy? They are already using apps like that to showcase the world their daily lives. Those users are giving so much info about themselves to the world that it is no wonder companies want to harvest information about users for commercial use mostly.
In Asia our company uses Tik Tok for marketing and selling our products. People are kidding themselves if they thick other western made apps are not harvesting as much info about them as is possible.

If you like privacy, its best you get off any kind of social media app, even search engines for that matter.
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

The Optimist wrote:
TikTok users are being urged to delete the app immediately, after someone reverse engineered the platform and found it’s allegedly stealing users’ personal data.

The blockbuster Chinese app, popular among teens for uploading and sharing short videos, is nothing more than “a data collection service that is thinly-veiled as a social network”, the male Reddit user who reverse-engineered the app wrote in a lengthy post.
The filth that is China, is it not a surprise that the fascist state apart from slaughtering and interring Uyighurs has been collecting the private information of millions of private citizens to be able to tack and trace. Delete Tik Tok, Facebook and Foxnews.
Yeah you seem stable.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

RuggaBugga wrote:
The Optimist wrote:

Yeah you seem stable.
DeWet Barry posting?
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

I'm not racist. But I'd rather Facebook steal my personal info than some Chinese company. Look at what's happening in Hong Kong, Tibet etc.
Bowens

Post by Bowens »

India banned it a few days ago and TikTok’s parent company is looking at a loss of several billion dollars as a result.
blindcider

Post by blindcider »

RuggaBugga wrote:
The Optimist wrote:

Yeah you seem stable.
This is the nobber that posted unspoilered pictures of severed heads and without any warning. why would anyone think that is suitable material to share is beyond me.