Melbourne. World's greatest city. FACT!

All things Rugby
Clogs

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:15 am Hundreds of anti-lockdown protesters marched in Melbourne today. Police were assaulted, a police horse was attacked and many properties were damaged. There was TV footage of innocent bystanders being assaulted by the protesters, who included a number of known neo-nazi's and white supremacist groups. Rita Panahi is hosting 'Credlin' right now and she proudly labelled these rioters "patriots" and "freedom fighters".
Time for a bit of seriousness. All piss taking aside now. I am genuinely interested to know which side you are on between the following sides in todays incidents.

One the one side we have the right wing, racist lunatics and on the other, well lets call that motley crew the protestors. Which side are you on? Who do you support in this stoush?
trapper

Post by trapper »

Clogs wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:35 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:15 am Hundreds of anti-lockdown protesters marched in Melbourne today. Police were assaulted, a police horse was attacked and many properties were damaged. There was TV footage of innocent bystanders being assaulted by the protesters, who included a number of known neo-nazi's and white supremacist groups. Rita Panahi is hosting 'Credlin' right now and she proudly labelled these rioters "patriots" and "freedom fighters".
Time for a bit of seriousness. All piss taking aside now. I am genuinely interested to know which side you are on between the following sides in todays incidents.

One the one side we have the right wing, racist lunatics and on the other, well lets call that motley crew the protestors. Which side are you on? Who do you support in this stoush?
Serious question, are you drunk?
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

trapper wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:42 am

Can I use the Team Andrews defence and say: "I cannot recall"?
trapper

Post by trapper »

Clogs wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:47 am

I'm not asking if you were drunk last week mate.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

trapper wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:51 am
Clogs wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:47 am

I'm not asking if you were drunk last week mate.
:lol: Fair enough. Yes. I have had a couple of glasses of red. It is Friday. We are almost there. Sunday will make it clear, but for now there is hope and optimism. And red wine.
trapper

Post by trapper »

Well, I am half pissed, gone through half a slab of Coopers. Enjoy the weekend mate. I'm backing the Cats by the way, fudge the Tigers. Storm to win in the NRL!
grievous

Post by grievous »

Clogs wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:47 am So, it is a public holiday down here in the Great State of Victoria.

What are all you Melburnians up to? Anyone off to a BBQ at a mates place? Off to a nice restaurant? Catching up for froffy's at a local watering hole? Out and about shopping? Going to the races tonight (Manikato) or tomorrow (Cox Plate)? Who has a big Grand Final party planned?

Anyone?
Go back to Saffa you whining cvnt.
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

grievous wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:39 am
Clogs wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:47 am So, it is a public holiday down here in the Great State of Victoria.

What are all you Melburnians up to? Anyone off to a BBQ at a mates place? Off to a nice restaurant? Catching up for froffy's at a local watering hole? Out and about shopping? Going to the races tonight (Manikato) or tomorrow (Cox Plate)? Who has a big Grand Final party planned?

Anyone?
Fuckin immagrants turning up and ruining the country. fudge off Clogs ya saffa bastard we're full :x
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

trapper wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:35 am Well, I am half pissed, gone through half a slab of Coopers. Enjoy the weekend mate. I'm backing the Cats by the way, fudge the Tigers. Storm to win in the NRL!
Nice work. Storm for the NRL and I am so coin toss for the big one. Probably leaning tiges. But it will be like a draw. Happy with a Victorian win either way.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ogre wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:07 am

Anyone?
Fuckin immagrants turning up and ruining the country. fudge off Clogs ya saffa bastard we're full :x
Stop eating immigrants and you won't be so full you dopy bastard. Try a salad FFS!

Or did I misunderstand what you were saying?
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

Clogs wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:27 am
Ogre wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:07 am

Anyone?
Stop eating immigrants and you won't be so full you dopy bastard. Try a salad FFS!

Or did I misunderstand what you were saying?
Bloody immagrants cant speak engrish properly :x Sod off theres no more room for fat south africans in this big brown land
grievous

Post by grievous »

Ha Ha yeah Boet/Bro that Ozzie casual racist ...line they all have it...ha ha
White lives matter..or they dont and you should earn pesos in your own countries.
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Bimbo and JM2K6 did their best to stuff up the main Corona threda.

Looks like AC and Clogs have managed it on this this one.

No more facts (or they are so well hidden in the rhetoric that they are invisible.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Active cases in Victoria currently stand at 98, the first time in months that this number has been below 100 for many months. Well done Victorians and well done Vic Health :thumbup:
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Farva

Post by Farva »

So 7 cases today but...
6 of those cases come from known outbreaks and if our contact tracing is where it should be then should not be an issue.
The 7th case is someone who tested positive before and so is almost certainly someone still shedding virus.
So there is absolutely no reason to not consider maintaining or bringing forward the planned opening.
There will be flair ups and the contact tracers will be responsible for catching and managing that.
The only reason to not open with low numbers coming from known outbreaks is if the Vic govt doesn’t feel the contact tracing is good enough. If that is the case that is an abject failure of the Vic govt and heads must roll.
For what it’s worth I don’t think that’s the case and trust that our contact tracing is good enough.
Farva

Post by Farva »

And I can hear choppers overhead looking for GF parties :lol:
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Farva wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:39 am So 7 cases today but...
6 of those cases come from known outbreaks and if our contact tracing is where it should be then should not be an issue.
The 7th case is someone who tested positive before and so is almost certainly someone still shedding virus.
So there is absolutely no reason to not consider maintaining or bringing forward the planned opening.
There will be flair ups and the contact tracers will be responsible for catching and managing that.
The only reason to not open with low numbers coming from known outbreaks is if the Vic govt doesn’t feel the contact tracing is good enough. If that is the case that is an abject failure of the Vic govt and heads must roll.
For what it’s worth I don’t think that’s the case and trust that our contact tracing is good enough.
So if Dan Andrews's head rolls, who would be the Premier? James Merlino?

Do you also want the brand hew Health Minister to be sacked?

Keeping in mind the Victorian govt is the global gold standard for managing a genuine 2nd wave.
Farva

Post by Farva »

Ali, that is just a rubbish post mate. Pull your head in.
If contact tracing has failed then they aren’t the gold standard are they?
Who would be premier? I have no idea. If contact tracing isn’t working now then whoever would be an improvement. That would be indefensible failure.
Again, I don’t think contact tracing has failed. I think the cluster in the north of the city will be traced and managed. It has to be as this will be an ongoing issue we have to be able to manage.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Farva wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:06 am Ali, that is just a rubbish post mate. Pull your head in.
You were the person who started talking about political leaders losing their jobs. I simply asked who would be the replacement for Dan Andrews. Who is your preferred ALP Premier right now.
Farva

Post by Farva »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:17 am
Farva wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:06 am Ali, that is just a rubbish post mate. Pull your head in.
You were the person who started talking about political leaders losing their jobs. I simply asked who would be the replacement for Dan Andrews. Who is your preferred ALP Premier right now.
What a bizarre post.
If you read my post, I clearly say that IF contact tracing is not up to speed (something critical to the success of managing this virus) to manage clusters as they appear, then heads should roll. And so they should, in that scenario our state leaders role is untenable. This won’t be the last cluster to appear. NSW has dealt very well with clusters. So has Qld. Vic by now should be at their level if not better.
I have also said I don’t think it is the case and won’t slow down the reopening. The reason I bring it up is that there has been A LOT of media discussion around the current cluster delaying opening. Last week, Dan Andrews said in a direct response to a Peta Credlin question are the press conference that the contact tracing was up to speed. But the media has run with the potential delay.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Farva wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:27 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:17 am
What a bizarre post.
If you read my post, I clearly say that IF contact tracing is not up to speed (something critical to the success of managing this virus) to manage clusters as they appear, then heads should roll. And so they should, in that scenario our state leaders role is untenable. This won’t be the last cluster to appear. NSW has dealt very well with clusters. So has Qld. Vic by now should be at their level if not
Vic health has taken the state from 725 new cases in a single day to a rolling 14 day average of just 5 cases. I'm unsure how that could happen without a decent contact tracing setup?
Farva

Post by Farva »

I clearly stated it’s been a huge discussion point in the media, will this cluster slow the opening. The only reason that would be the case is if the contact tracing is not up to speed. It’s 6 cases, all with known origins.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Farva wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:39 am I clearly stated it’s been a huge discussion point in the media, will this cluster slow the opening. The only reason that would be the case is if the contact tracing is not up to speed. It’s 6 cases, all with known origins.
Watching today's press conference I get the feeling that this cluster could be quite big. I hope not, and that the road map for easing restrictions isn't impacted.
Farva

Post by Farva »

There are a lot of people isolated, the kid went to school for two days while infected. That will expose lots of children and therefore potentially parents too. School children come in contact with lots of other people and they don’t know how to socially distance.
So lots of potential cases which is why so many people are isolated. Hopefully that contains it.
Farva

Post by Farva »

So are we getting out today?
Press conference delayed which does not bode well.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Farva wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:17 am So are we getting out today?
Rolling average of 4.6. The press conference happened at 11.30am EDST yesterday, what time is it happening today?

Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Farva wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:17 am So are we getting out today?
All 7 cases are linked from a known outbreak and we are under 5 cases per day on a 14 day rolling average. But we remain locked down. Because.
Farva

Post by Farva »

So we hit the numbers that would trigger an end, we know where the cases are from and now we have to process results?
But we have new tests every day?

This is getting a little carried away. Either you trust the contact tracing or you don’t.
Farva

Post by Farva »

There is not a clear message in this press conference. Do they have the results or not?
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Farva wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:42 am So we hit the numbers that would trigger an end, we know where the cases are from and now we have to process results?
But we have new tests every day?

This is getting a little carried away. Either you trust the contact tracing or you don’t.
And we are awaiting the test results of those that are already self isolating...
Farva

Post by Farva »

So what happens when (and there will be a when) the next outbreak happens? We go in to lockdown again while they do testing?
Surely it should be locally isolate and manage. Why the whole city?
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

They are dribbling gibberish.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Is this guy saying that people do not isolate until they get their test result back?
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

They've asked for 24-48 hours so that a few thousand tests can be processed related to a significant outbreak. Sounds like caution is sensible in this instance. I feel very sorry for Victorians today but I urge you to stay strong and stay the course. You've managed many months of strict lockdowns and you can hold on a couple of more days :thumbup:
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:07 am Is this guy saying that people do not isolate until they get their test result back?
Are you watching the same press conference as I am? No-one has said that.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:09 am
Clogs wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:07 am Is this guy saying that people do not isolate until they get their test result back?
Dan has just said we need to get the results so we can let people know they have to isolate.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:09 am
Dan has just said we need to get the results so we can let people know they have to isolate.
Even here is QLD anyone who is tested must isolate until their results are returned. I took Andrews comments to mean that people would need to remain in isolation.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:13 am
Clogs wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:09 am
Even here is QLD anyone who is tested must isolate until their results are returned. I took Andrews comments to mean that people would need to remain in isolation.
I am sure that is what he meant. It just sounded odd when I heard it.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

So this outbreak was identified on Wednesday last week. On Sunday we are saying we are still unsure and we need another day. Or maybe 2 days... Hardly confidence inspiring.