Melbourne. World's greatest city. FACT!

All things Rugby
Ali's Choice

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Ali's Choice »

Feeling very sorry for Victorians today. I think all Australians were hoping that their restrictions would be eased. The Victorian govt was damned either way, if they eased restrictions and the current northern suburbs outbreak worsened, they would be crucified. If they held the line and maintained restrictions for another 24-48 hours whilst testing continued they would also be crucified. I have no doubt that the daily Federal govt attacks on the Victorian State government have played a role in this caution. Victoria knows that they are very much alone, and any problems that arise as a result of covid-19 will be seized upon by the Federal government for political purposes. That's a real shame.
Farva

Post by Farva »

Early reports of zero recorded cases overnight.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-17/ ... 60704?nw=0
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Zero cases overnight. Zero. Average of 3.6 cases per day. Most cases are from known outbreaks.

And we are still in lockdown.

Dan needs to urgently open up or he will lose the people.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

Clogs wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:31 pm Zero cases overnight. Zero. Average of 3.6 cases per day. Most cases are from known outbreaks.

Thank Christ. Open up y'all
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Clogs wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:31 pm Zero cases overnight. Zero. Average of 3.6 cases per day. Most cases are from known outbreaks.

No way he'll lose you, he knows precisely where you are
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

MungoMan wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:40 pm

Exactly what did they think the Covid app was for?
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

MungoMan wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:40 pm

Hmm, I am not sure I have been 100% clear on how I feel. I am a rather guarded individual and don't tend to broadcast my opinions.

What impression do you think I have given re: Dan 'cvntface' Andrews
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

As the second wave of Melbourne’s Covid-19 outbreak nears its conclusion, the thread title takes on a whole new meaning...

Hillsong Church buys Melbourne's iconic Festival Hall
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-25/ ... l/12811806

:x
Farva

Post by Farva »

I bet they get an exemption to use it during Covid too.

Anyway, Festival Hall has shite acoustics. The Forum is way better for that size venue.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

ABC news informs me that this new cluster actually started on October 6th. It turned into 36 cases. I am stunned that this was allowed to get so out of hand. We identified the first case 3 weeks ago and if we stomped on it then through effective management we could have limited the spread. Instead 2 weeks later an infected person was let out to go to school. Gold standard stuff?

No wonder Dan had no confidence yesterday. They just don't know what is happening because it isn't being managed appropriately.
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

Ol Dictator Dan is running out of reasons to keep the worlds most liveable gulag in lockdown.
Cases Down.
14 Day Average Down.
Mystery Cases Down.
New Cluster numbers no exploding.
Only reason to keep delaying is stubborn political adhearance to "The Plan" to not open until november.
Lets hope its a clear path to normality (whatever the fudge that is now) to allow people to unpause their lives and move on.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ogre wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:29 am Ol Dictator Dan is running out of reasons to keep the worlds most liveable gulag in lockdown.
Cases Down.
14 Day Average Down.
Mystery Cases Down.
New Cluster numbers no exploding.
Only reason to keep delaying is stubborn political adhearance to "The Plan" to not open until november.
Lets hope its a clear path to normality (whatever the fudge that is now) to allow people to unpause their lives and move on.
I am starting to get a sneaky feeling Dan loves the daily briefing. If he unlocks he loses the briefing.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

The media conference would normally be well underway by now. He and his team are probably frantically trying to put together a plan which is why he is late.
Farva

Post by Farva »

That is the easiest Where's Wally I think I have ever seen.
He is the massive bloke on the right of page.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Farva wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:48 am That is the easiest Where's Wally I think I have ever seen.
He is the massive bloke on the right of page.
Where?
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

Clogs wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:20 am Image

The media conference would normally be well underway by now. He and his team are probably frantically trying to put together a plan which is why he is late.
It’s scheduled for the afternoon....

They’re waiting on another batch of results so they can hopefully make an announcement.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Slim 293 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:04 am

They’re waiting on another batch of results so they can hopefully make an announcement.

Is it? What time?
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

Clogs wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:09 am
Slim 293 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:04 am

Is it? What time?

No set time as yet, but likely mid-late afternoon...
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Very odd behaviour from the leader. Almost disrespectful of the people. No updates, no clarity as to what is happening.

I am getting a sense he is waiting for todays results before he decides anything. Which is unusual. Because if there is a case or two then he will try and use that to justify further delays. This change in behaviour means he is not confident in our contact tracing team which is why he is waiting. He is afraid and uncertain rather than backing his team to keep this under control.

He really should update us as to when he will give his presser. It is disrespectful to the people to not at the very least do that...
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:38 am Very odd behaviour from the leader. Almost disrespectful of the people. No updates, no clarity as to what is happening.
Hilarious post. The Premier updates Victorians every single day and has done for months. Your trolling is becoming more and more unhinged.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:57 am
Clogs wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:38 am Very odd behaviour from the leader. Almost disrespectful of the people. No updates, no clarity as to what is happening.
Hilarious post. The Premier updates Victorians every single day and has done for months. Your trolling is becoming more and more unhinged.
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

Yes, they haven’t given notification of a time as yet as it’s occurring this afternoon, and obviously more than an hour out from now...
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

Anyways, 3.15pm...
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Slim 293 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:27 am Anyways, 3.15pm...
:thumbup:
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Odds on he is going to be forced into an embarrassing backdown from yesterdays "pause" and he will be announcing a raft of easing to restrictions. One I suspect he will dig his heels in will be the visit to a friends house. Not likely for a while (at least until after Melbourne Cup).

Anyone else got any guesses?
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

Clogs wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:09 am Odds on he is going to be forced into an embarrassing backdown from yesterdays "pause" and he will be announcing a raft of easing to restrictions. One I suspect he will dig his heels in will be the visit to a friends house. Not likely for a while (at least until after Melbourne Cup).

Banning NZ wines i think.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ever so much closer. Thank you Dan. A tough gig for sure.

I will be pissed off again if you massively restrict visits to people's homes. Be warned. You don't want me angry and keyboard thrashing again on Planet-Rugby. You have been warned.
Last edited by Clogs on Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ogre wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:25 am
Clogs wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:09 am Odds on he is going to be forced into an embarrassing backdown from yesterdays "pause" and he will be announcing a raft of easing to restrictions. One I suspect he will dig his heels in will be the visit to a friends house. Not likely for a while (at least until after Melbourne Cup).

Banning NZ wines i think.

I will cut him! :x
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

And its a win for freedom. Most things open tomorrow and 2 weeks until the "Ring of Steel" is gone and the 25km limit is gone. Phew.

Still need to be sensible which i can't disagree with but the next person who does stupid stuff and threatens a lockdown gets hanged, by their nads, using barbed wire, and forced to listen to trumpys speeches on loop :x :x :x
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Clogs wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:39 am Ever so much closer. Thank you Dan. A tough gig for sure.

I will be pissed off again if you restrict visits to people's homes. Be warned. You don't want me angry and keyboard thrashing again on Planet-Rugby. You have been warned.
I don't think Dan cares about the sanity of the rest of us on here enough TBH.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

UncleFB wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:46 am
Clogs wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:39 am Ever so much closer. Thank you Dan. A tough gig for sure.

I will be pissed off again if you restrict visits to people's homes. Be warned. You don't want me angry and keyboard thrashing again on Planet-Rugby. You have been warned.
Does he know who we are? :x :x :x
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

And now he is mansplaining how the virus spreads.
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

Clogs wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:52 am And now he is mansplaining how the virus spreads.
To be fair not everyone seemed to understand earlier.

---

Enjoy the change restrictions and what it opens up. Should be great and nice if these improvements run through to Christmas / New Years, and into next year.
Farva

Post by Farva »

We are out :o
Well, on Wednesday, but close enough.

And regional Vic is open from the 9th Nov :o
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Clogs wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:51 am
UncleFB wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:46 am

Does he know who we are? :x :x :x
Clearly he does as he's listened and sped things up.

Now Melbnournians, can you do me two favours and frequent both Supernormal and Miss Jacksons - I want them to survive until I return when you guys are no longer the redhead step children of Australia.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Aussies being Aussie:

Here's to you Victoria:

https://www.facebook.com/70839676259656 ... 333398151/
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

For Melbourne Wednesday be like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_2osOb2SMU
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Melbourne. People have already started waiting patiently to get a beer on tap from the local pub.

Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Interesting reading this thread in comparison to what happened in Ireland. Cases went up in March, we were forced into lockdown at the end of March for roughly two months. This coincided with some of the best weather on record for April/May so generally people accepted it. Case numbers went down and stayed extremely low throughout the Summer. As soon as Autumn closed in we saw the case numbers creep back up. Although hospital numbers stayed much lower during this second wave (currently 319), we were straight back into restrictions and now we’re back to a 5km travel limit with most non essential businesses closed. Despite some great examples of how to manage a viral pandemic in East Asia we remain stubbornly wedded to the Western obsession with widespread rolling lockdowns and to hell with the consequences.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:06 am
Clogs wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:52 am And now he is mansplaining how the virus spreads.
To be fair not everyone seemed to understand earlier.

---

Enjoy the change restrictions and what it opens up. Should be great and nice if these improvements run through to Christmas / New Years, and into next year.
:thumbup: