Melbourne. Fvcked again. And again. And again.

All things Rugby
Slim 293

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked again. And again. And again.

Post by Slim 293 »

Clogs

Post by Clogs »

What is staggering to see on here is how quickly the leftists are now trying to play down the unions role in the rioting and blame it all on right wing nazis. We have seen the description of the mob start at "some were union" to "very few from the union were there because most were anti vaxx nazis".

At this rate by this time next week the riotous mob will be 100% right wing anti vaxx nazis.

I am going to go out on a limb and declare: Most of the people that attacked the CFMEU offices were union members. Some of them will be anti vax nut jobs.

The members were pissed off because their lunch rooms were closed. This was evidenced by the snap protests where they shifted their lunch rooms to the streets and blocked traffic. That was all unionised construction workers. They were directly impacted and they took action on the streets of Melbourne blocking traffic etc while they took smoko. They turned up on Monday to HQ to voice their displeasure. Then when it was announced later that Monday after the attack on HQ that their entire industry had shut down, they got real angry. We saw most of that yesterday.

Yesterday was an aimless angry stroll across the city by mostly construction workers. There were some lunatic anti vaxxers in the mix taking advantage of the opportunity but it wasn't most of that crowd. My logic? Most of the marching yesterday was an angry mob but the vast majority were not spoiling for a fight. I think it is mostly the nut jobs that want to fight. I fear the anti vax nut job numbers will increase in the coming days and they will be spoiling for a fight. There will be violent flash points as a result.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Slim 293 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:44 am Some damage in Chapel St…

https://twitter.com/tomsteinfort/status ... 1975011331
A few years before the two large Christchurch earthquakes a decade ago, there was a documentary focussing on the potential danger presented by old masonry and decorative effects on the older buildings around the city. Scarily prophetic as it turned out... have a look around the city above street level. All the old brick and mortar buildings especially... the mortar falls apart over time. Then there's all the gargoyles and the like made of cement, hanging over everyone.
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

There you have it…

Clogs knows better than the Victorian Chief Police Commissioner..
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Slim 293 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:58 am There you have it…

:lol:
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

jdogscoop wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:44 pm
He's not saying there were none. There were some. You seem to be trying to create a false narrative.

As has been reported in traditional media and shown on social media, there are a lot of angry, violent and stupid young men there who have never been on the tools in their life.

Oh come on. It's an attempted image- damage control exercise by the ACTU/CMFEU, trying to create a false narrative that their members had a minor, very limited role. I suspect you know that. And Dan Andrews isn't buying it other, judging by his comments at his presser last night.

There is an article in the Age (posted last night) by Ben Schneiders, behind a payall, but it's an interesting read about the leadership of the CFMEU and the internal, rightwards, political shift.

Compare:

The Age:

" Senior [CFMEU] figures estimated that about 80 yo 90 per cent of the protestors were construction workers."

The ABC:

“There is no way that half the people there were members of the union,” he told the ABC.

“I’m not saying there are none, there were some tradespeople there, some union members, but they were few.

This sort of nonsense wouldn't have happened back in the Maoist days of Norm Gallagher's BLF. The union movement isn't what it used to be.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Clogs wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:50 am What is staggering to see on here is how quickly the leftists are now trying to play down the unions role in the rioting and blame it all on right wing nazis. We have seen the description of the mob start at "some were union" to "very few from the union were there because most were anti vaxx nazis".
According to The Age report the C in the CFMEU is in fact now run by right wing ex Croatian anti vaxx nazis.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:59 am

Clogs

Post by Clogs »

The CFMEU position on mandatory vaccinations:

So when it is announced that there will be mandatory vaccinations for the construction industry, its members naturally got upset.

But according to a few on here it was all the nazi's fault.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Clogs wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:50 am What is staggering to see on here is how quickly the leftists are now trying to play down the unions role in the rioting and blame it all on right wing nazis. We have seen the description of the mob start at "some were union" to "very few from the union were there because most were anti vaxx nazis".

At this rate by this time next week the riotous mob will be 100% right wing anti vaxx nazis.

I am going to go out on a limb and declare: Most of the people that attacked the CFMEU offices were union members. Some of them will be anti vax nut jobs.

The members were pissed off because their lunch rooms were closed. This was evidenced by the snap protests where they shifted their lunch rooms to the streets and blocked traffic. That was all unionised construction workers. They were directly impacted and they took action on the streets of Melbourne blocking traffic etc while they took smoko. They turned up on Monday to HQ to voice their displeasure. Then when it was announced later that Monday after the attack on HQ that their entire industry had shut down, they got real angry. We saw most of that yesterday.

Yesterday was an aimless angry stroll across the city by mostly construction workers. There were some lunatic anti vaxxers in the mix taking advantage of the opportunity but it wasn't most of that crowd. My logic? Most of the marching yesterday was an angry mob but the vast majority were not spoiling for a fight. I think it is mostly the nut jobs that want to fight. I fear the anti vax nut job numbers will increase in the coming days and they will be spoiling for a fight. There will be violent flash points as a result.
Labour unions, or more accurately corrupt union, are just a vehicle for criminals to make money. Attributing a political leaning, one way or the other is silly. It's better to ask what political leansing to criminals have, especially organised crime, and more particular the ones involved with any particular union?
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

I hope everyone is safe in Melbourne and any other areas affected by the quake. Kia kaha.
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

It would be tricky to point out the non-union serial protesters… if they weren’t live streaming on Facebook since the start of the protests on Monday morning.

Jeff the Bear

Post by Jeff the Bear »

I never realised that Australia is subject to earthquakes of note. A little investigation suggests that the Melbourne area is a hotspot according to the Australian Seismic Hazard Map, and that it has a Z value of 0.1, which is comparable to where I am in NZ, and I never thought we'd ever get one in Northland! :shock:
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Ted. wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:20 am

Labour unions, or more accurately corrupt union, are just a vehicle for criminals to make money. Attributing a political leaning, one way or the other is silly. It's better to ask what political leansing to criminals have, especially organised crime, and more particular the ones involved with any particular union?
Well Ted, overnight there has been a not very subtle shift in the CMFEU's public campaign to distance itself from it's members' actions.

Yesterday the party line was that it was mostly outside anti-vaxx fringe right wing groups, and very few union members were involved.

Today, it's that actually it was the anti-vaxx ex-Croation nazi element who made up the 80-90% of protestors, wand who are in fact union members after all. :lol:

They should get Mick Gatto in to sort out what the party line is going forward.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Slim 293 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:22 am It would be tricky to point out the non-union serial protesters… if they weren’t live streaming on Facebook since the start of the protests on Monday morning.

How about you quote all of Ben Schneider's article Slim, instead of cherry picking the bit that suits the false narrative you are pushing?
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Lot of damage from the quake, lucky there are so many tradies already in the centre of the city...
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

If the employer is demanding mandatory vaccination before you can work on site and the union's position is pro choice and anti mandatory vaccination, how do you think the union will respond when it is announced that if you work in this industry then vaccination is mandatory?

According to some on here, the unions and all its members accept it with good grace like the gentle folk they are and are shocked and outraged that the right wing nazis have taken exception to this. Even worse is that the right wing nazis are pretending to be union workers.

In other news, apparently Big W has seen a massive spike in sales in its workwear range...
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Good to see a few anti-lockdown rioters have already been arrested this morning in Melbourne. I hope these right wing Nazi thugs are left to rot in jail. Sadly, we have senior Federal Coalition MP's such as George Christensen cheering for these people, labelling them "freedom fighters". Ellafan, you are this forum's self-appointed spokesperson for the Coalition. You should be ashamed of the MP's you passionately vote for and support.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

It was a decent rattle but didn't feel strong enough to cause serious damage. I see an old facade has collapsed on Chapel St but beyond those sort of structures I doubt there will be any widespread damage.

I stayed in my apartment building and while it creaked and groaned a bit, I felt safe. Plenty of neighbours spilled out onto the street.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

guy smiley wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:13 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:59 am

Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Zakar wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:33 am Lot of damage from the quake, lucky there are so many tradies already in the centre of the city...
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:40 am Good to see a few anti-lockdown rioters have already been arrested this morning in Melbourne. I hope these right wing anti-vaxx ex-Croation nazi element who made up the 80-90% of protestors, and who are in fact union members after all are left to rot in jail. Sadly, we have senior Federal Coalition MP's such as George Christensen cheering for these people, labelling them "freedom fighters". Ellafan, you are this forum's self-appointed spokesperson for the Coalition. You should be ashamed of the MP's you passionately vote for and support.
Corrected for you.

George Christensen is a dickhead.
Last edited by Ellafan on Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Zakar wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:33 am Lot of damage from the quake, lucky there are so many tradies already in the centre of the city...
:lol: :lol:
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Ellafan wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:47 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:40 am Good to see a few anti-lockdown rioters have already been arrested this morning in Melbourne. I hope these right wing anti-vaxx ex-Croation nazi element who made up the 80-90% of protestors, and who are in fact union members after all are left to rot in jail. Sadly, we have senior Federal Coalition MP's such as George Christensen cheering for these people, labelling them "freedom fighters". Ellafan, you are this forum's self-appointed spokesperson for the Coalition. You should be ashamed of the MP's you passionately vote for and support.
Corrected for you.

You aren't seriously claiming that 90% of yesterday's rioters were Croatian, are you?
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:01 am
Ellafan wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:47 am
Corrected for you.

You aren't seriously claiming that 90% of yesterday's rioters were Croatian, are you?
No, I am reporting what Slim left out of his brief excerpt from the Age article. Senior CMFEU officials said, as referred to in the Age article, that 80-90% of the protestors were CMFEU members. And apparently there is a right element to it, of which Setka (an *alleged* wife beater under investigation) is a member.

I also took a leaf from your trolling manual, and confabulated a few bits of the article into a a bit of hyperbole to piss you off.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

I see that a riotous crowd has again formed in Melbourne. Looks smaller than yesterday. I hope the Victoria Police don't muck around today.

You can follow the riots via the link below;

https://iview.abc.net.au/video/NS1413V001S00
Last edited by Ali's Choice on Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Ellafan wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:09 am I also took a leaf from your trolling manual, and confabulated a few bits of the article into a a bit of hyperbole to piss you off.
I actually enjoy hyperbole. It's an Australian tradition to embellish in a yarn :thumbup:
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:10 am I see that a riotous crowd has again formed in Melbourne. Looks smaller than yesterday. I hope the Victoria Police don't muck around today.

You can follow the riots via the link below;

https://iview.abc.net.au/video/NS1413V001S00
I am watching in anticipation of some nice "sweep the leg" hits from the Riot Police.

They were embarrassed yesterday, I wouldn't want to be a protestor there today....
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

This coverage of rioters in Melbourne is pretty hard to watch. They are walking around like bug, tough guys, scaring commuters and pedestrians, stropping traffic and bullying people.
ElementFreak

Post by ElementFreak »

What's with the red Australian flag?
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

ElementFreak wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:33 am What's with the red Australian flag?
That's just a maritime flag. Hopefully the far right don't appropriate it like they have done with the Southern Cross, the Eureka Flag and Daryl Braithwaite.
mabunch78

Post by mabunch78 »

Meanwhile, in other Live from Melbourne news...

PS: this is clearly fake as there are no gilets jaunes and no face masks!
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Shit looks to be kicking off in Melb.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

The hard-men are running, Let's hope the Police get them trapped
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Ellafan wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:31 am
Ted. wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:20 am

Well Ted, overnight there has been a not very subtle shift in the CMFEU's public campaign to distance itself from it's members' actions.

Yesterday the party line was that it was mostly outside anti-vaxx fringe right wing groups, and very few union members were involved.

Today, it's that actually it was the anti-vaxx ex-Croation nazi element who made up the 80-90% of protestors, wand who are in fact union members after all. :lol:

They should get Mick Gatto in to sort out what the party line is going forward.
Ta for that Ella Fan. You seem to supporting my point that one should not assume left or right leanings just because of peoples' traditional perception of an organisation, which is often wrong historically anyway.

As an aside, I was initially thinking of the Teamsters and various unions the Mafia got involved with, when I replied to Clogs.

BTW, I have no problems with employers stipulating a level of health and safety for their workers and anyone else who may be associated with a construction site, for example. After all, rather than a matter of choice, in most developed countries, the use of PPE is mandatory in certain situations on a construction site. It is only a matter of choice in that you may choose not to work in the construction industry.

Funnily enough, in my neck of the woods, my recollection is that unions encouraged the uptake and regulation of PPE.
Last edited by Ted. on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Is it wrong that I want to see these anti-lockdown/anti-vaccine thugs get bashed up by riot police?
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Looks to be a huge turnout today. Of about 100 people. :lol:
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:01 am Is it wrong that I want to see these anti-lockdown/anti-vaccine thugs get bashed up by riot police?
Popcorn's ready
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:02 am Looks to be a huge turnout today. Of about 100 people. :lol:
That's clearly growing. Looks like a few hundred now. Maybe 500 or more. Is it fair to say that you support the rioters and celebrate this behaviour given they share your anti-lockdown, anti-Dan Andrews, far right ideology?