Melbourne. Fvcked again. And again. And again.

All things Rugby
kiwigreg369

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked again. And again. And again.

Post by kiwigreg369 »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:51 am
kiwigreg369 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:50 am Farva - stout defence.
I continue to think Victoria’s HQ is the worst - but this is heavily weighted on the basis of the +700 deaths.

Clearly looking back platinum standard NSW isn’t clean either, but better that Victoria, of course.
QLD has had just 6 deaths, five of which were passengers on the Gladys Princess, yet never gets a mention when it comes to precious metal standard?
That’s because you don’t have ScoMo on your side. Or even the ABC.

Queensland has clearly been more successful- and delivered AP a new mandate...
Farva

Post by Farva »

I continue to think Victoria’s HQ is the worst - but this is heavily weighted on the basis of the +700 deaths.

Clearly looking back platinum standard NSW isn’t clean either, but better that Victoria, of course.
Im not convinced looking at deaths is the best metric for who had the best response. I agree that the ultimate outcome is to protect public health. But the reasons for the additional deaths are not clear.

Fundamentally, the deaths occurred because Covid escaped quarantine in Victoria and got into the community. This was linked to failure of the quarantine practices in Victoria. But most of the deaths were in aged care. That was exacerbated by poor management from the federal level who had not implemented changes based on a royal commission, and because workers were at multiple sites and there were not adequate health care at each site. It was also exacerbated by a slow response to the intial outbreak. The initial slow response was driven by a lack of understanding on the virus and inexperience in the contact tracing capabilities. The government enacted measures on the back of medical advice. Unfortunately it wasnt enough as the medical advisors were still learning about the virus.

The initial failure of the Andrew's government was not the engagement of private contractors - this was done many times over in most states. It was the lack of oversight when administering that contract. They didnt hold the contractors to the requirements of the contract. I have an issue there but I can also understand that the senior leaders were stretched as a never before seen disaster unfolded. They may not have had the leadership resources to do it properly.

The other issue with the Andrew's govt is that they didnt disseminate information and outcomes amongst departments. That is a real criticism and one they need to respond to.

However, I dont believe that either of these are extreme. They are mistakes, but I will guarantee that every significant operations will have mistakes.

I also think that the first issue with the escaped virus was mostly down to bad luck in Vic / good luck in other states. The second outbreak was managed to no impact and was down to the correct responses implemented quickly. The third is something that I think we will need to manage until the vaccine is implemented or a national strategy that doesnt require the states to do quarantine is implemented. States are doing it in hotels because they dont have the facilities to do it elsewhere. For me, this third outbreak has the federal government at least as culpable as the states for not taking ownership of their responsibility.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

The DHHS in Victoria has since been split into two, which was a noteworthy step.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

QLD has had just 6 deaths, five of which were passengers on the Gladys Princess, yet never gets a mention when it comes to precious metal standard?

"But but Nsw." Rinse repeat. Does your 'Labor party can do no wrong' blinkers blind you that badly? Say something positive about NSW and Gladys to prove me wrong. I double dare you!
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:49 am

"But but Nsw." Rinse repeat. Does your 'Labor party can do no wrong' blinkers blind you that badly? Say something positive about NSW and Gladys to prove me wrong. I double dare you!
Shut up troll.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:50 pm Looks like the 5 day lockdowm will end, as scheduled, tonight. I wonder what Clogs will be whingeing about today?
Who knows, but you'll sure as shit be whining about Newscorp, the LNP, and the magnificent job Queen Gladys is doing suppressing covid in NSW. :D
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:01 am
Clogs wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:49 am

Shut up troll.
:lol:
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Anyone keen to start a deadpool on when Dan and his team will fvck up HQ again?

The biggest challenge is setting it up by timeframe. Is days better than weeks?

Or do we try and do it by hours?
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

Clogs wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:13 am Anyone keen to start a deadpool on when Dan and his team will fvck up HQ again?

do it by the number of pies you eat between then and now and Im in!
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

9 pies. Wed week - 3 March (13 days).
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ogre wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:05 am
Clogs wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:13 am Anyone keen to start a deadpool on when Dan and his team will fvck up HQ again?

You haven't got enough fingers and toes. So you know it will be more than 23 then...
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:13 am 9 pies. Wed week - 3 March (13 days).
I think they might pay attention for 2 weeks and then drop the ball again in week 3. Shortly after vaccine rollouts begin.
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

Clogs wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:23 am
Ogre wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:05 am

You haven't got enough fingers and toes. So you know it will be more than 23 then...
I have a calculator in my phone so no worries keeping up with the vast daily consumption of carbs, fat and flavourings you consume
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Clogs I hope you are looking forward to taking your "Melbourne's a basket case" narrative to the pub with your mates this weekend.

You'll be able to regale the locals, required only to maintain social distance and put on your mask when using the loo or paying the bill.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

image error
Last edited by Ellafan on Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Ghost-Of-Nepia

Post by Ghost-Of-Nepia »

What's a Quantine?
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:01 pm What's a Quantine?
An insight into the kind of mouth breathing moron who comes up with this dribble.

He almost certainly reads The Herald Sun and listens to 3AW.
Farva

Post by Farva »

If Ellafan thinks that Victoria has done a poor job of hotel quarantine, I wonder what he thinks of NSW who have had significantly more hotel quarantine breaches? I could only imagine the unfunny memes.
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

To be fair to Ella I think it was me saying Victoria was the worst (reasons above).
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

Victoria recorded three locally acquired cases of Covid-19 on its first day out of lockdown, but the department was quick to confirm that all have been directly linked to the Holiday Inn outbreak “and have been quarantining at home during their infectious period.”
:thumbup:
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Slim 293 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:46 pm
Victoria recorded three locally acquired cases of Covid-19 on its first day out of lockdown, but the department was quick to confirm that all have been directly linked to the Holiday Inn outbreak “and have been quarantining at home during their infectious period.”
Quantine is covfefe :thumbup:
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

guy smiley wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:41 pm

Quantine of Covfefe - new Bond movie?
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

This family of 3 that have contracted the virus deserve a fvcking medal. They caught Covid in the hotel, were negative after their 14 days in HQ, they then still self isolated at home (see Dan people can self isolate at home too), and on day 11 at being isolated at home (25 days of isolation after returning to Australia) they were detected as positive. To isolate in HQ, have so many negative tests and still stay strong and do the right thing by isolating at home for as long as they did is a wonderful effort by them. And it has kept the rest of us Victorians safe.

Genuinely well done them.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

jdogscoop wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:56 am Clogs I hope you are looking forward to taking your "Melbourne's a basket case" narrative to the pub with your mates this weekend.

You'll be able to regale the locals, required only to maintain social distance and put on your mask when using the loo or paying the bill.
I will be out bush this weekend. Fishing and camping at Eildon. Fully masked up of course. Especially when using the loo.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:24 am
guy smiley wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:41 pm

Quantine of Covfefe - new Bond movie?
Angus Taylor to star
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

Clogs wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:42 am
jdogscoop wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:56 am Clogs I hope you are looking forward to taking your "Melbourne's a basket case" narrative to the pub with your mates this weekend.

I will be out bush this weekend. Fishing and camping at Eildon. Fully masked up of course. Especially when using the loo.
Eildon you say...?

Farva

Post by Farva »

I was thinking more this:

Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Farva wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:38 pm If Ellafan thinks that Victoria has done a poor job of hotel quarantine, I wonder what he thinks of NSW who have had significantly more hotel quarantine breaches? I could only imagine the unfunny memes.
You know full well - because I put up a lengthy, factual, and well reasoned post about it a few days ago - that I think Australia has, on the whole, done well to limit covid here to a statistical irrelevance. If anything, the measures put in place were an overreaction by twitchy state politicians that have caused unnecessary economic damage. Even so, the economy is in much better shape than was at one point expected. There is a chance that enough vaccine will have rolled out by the end of March, possibly helped by a short, finite extension of jobkeeper to cover April-May, that struggling small businesses can survive until demand rises to pre-covid levels.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Ellafan wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:13 am
Farva wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:38 pm If Ellafan thinks that Victoria has done a poor job of hotel quarantine, I wonder what he thinks of NSW who have had significantly more hotel quarantine breaches? I could only imagine the unfunny memes.
You know full well - because I put up a lengthy, factual, and well reasoned post about it a few days ago - that I think Australia has, on the whole, done well to limit covid here to a statistical irrelevance. If anything, the measures put in place were an overreaction by twitchy state politicians that have caused unnecessary economic damage. Even so, the economy is in much better shape than was at one point expected. There is a chance that enough vaccine will have rolled out by the end of March, possibly helped by a short, finite extension of jobkeeper to cover April-May, that struggling small businesses can survive until demand rises to pre-covid levels.
Sounds reasonable. I do think the Victorian Government were in a catch-22 situation with sections of the partisan News Ltd media with the recent 5-day snap lockdown.

Not that they will give a fvck. They continue to own the Liberals in Victoria.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:49 pm Image
Woe is us.

Be back in 3 mins, just got to get the popcorn ready for Clogs' next tearful rant.