Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

All things Rugby
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4140
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:09 am
Clogs wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:15 pm
Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:03 pm
Clogs wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:01 pm Wonderfully clever work boys.


Do either of you know what the plan is? For those thousands of small business owners that in turn employ thousands of Melburnians, can they roster them on for work on Monday? Can the coffee shops order the milk in anticipation for re-opening on Monday? Does the restaurant order fresh food in anticipation of re-opening on Monday? When do small businesses start recruiting new staff to assist with the re-opening?

Who. The. Fvck. Knows.


But yeh, funny photos.
It's hilarious to see that you're genuinely enraged that Dan Andrews has reduced the daily infection count down to just two.Honest question, are you crying right now? I can feel your anger permeating through my computer screen.

And again, you are clearly highlighting just how little empathy you have for other people's suffering. Melbourne is on it's knees. And you are deriving pleasure from seeing people suffer. :?
Nope, I'm startled that the better the situation gets in Victoria the angrier you become.

Can we at least agree that Dan Andrews has done a brilliant job managing this 2nd wave?

Dan Andrews and his team are the reason we have this second wave. That much everyone agrees on.


I think the people of Melbourne and Victoria have done a brilliant job in hanging in there to get through this fvck up that has killed so many people and destroyed so many lives over these last 3 months. There will be generational impacts flowing on from this as Victorian school children are now about a year behind their contemporaries in other states. But yeh, lets not worry about any of that, just the 'scorecard'. Nothing else matters. Again, you lack the empathy to understand or care for any of this.

All this pain and suffering and destruction is thanks to the man whom you are praising. And you are only doing this for kicks and jollies. Whilst trying to deny that this is why you are doing this.
User avatar
Pat the Ex Mat
Posts: 5537
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Clogs wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:58 pm [quote="Rugby2023
You are a brave man for posting that heresy on here. You will have triggered the wrath of the 'yay for lockdowns' crew, who will no doubt be on here in minutes berating you for throwing the vulnerable under the bus...
Take your hand off it - are you now saying that the Lockdown was not necessary? :roll:
User avatar
jdogscoop
Posts: 13569
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by jdogscoop »

What a bunch of duplicitious c_nts the Liberal Party are. Never let a pandemic get in the way of an opportunity to play politics, boys.

If you can't see straight through their tricks you're a bit of a thick f_ck, quite frankly.
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4140
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Clogs »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:39 am
Clogs wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:58 pm [quote="Rugby2023
You are a brave man for posting that heresy on here. You will have triggered the wrath of the 'yay for lockdowns' crew, who will no doubt be on here in minutes berating you for throwing the vulnerable under the bus...
Take your hand off it - are you now saying that the Lockdown was not necessary? :roll:

Lighten up a bit mate.
Rugby2023
Posts: 12106
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:05 pm

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Rugby2023 »

Clogs wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:58 pm
Rugby2023 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:04 pm
Clogs wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:26 am
Rugby2023 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:00 am Governments need to accept the virus is going to spread regardless of testing, tracking apps, lockdowns etc and as the UK PM inferred a viable vaccine is unlikely to emerge either. At best, all they can do is slow the inevitable, but at what price? Quite a high one in terms of excess deaths, economic destruction of livelihoods, loss of liberty etc.
Ok, having identified the challenges, what are your thoughts on the way forward? How do we navigate our way out of this?
I don't think there is a way out as such, I think we're going to have to learn to live with it and shield the vulnerable as best we can.
You are a brave man for posting that heresy on here. You will have triggered the wrath of the 'yay for lockdowns' crew, who will no doubt be on here in minutes berating you for throwing the vulnerable under the bus...
I can understand that reaction as I was probably of the same mind at points earlier on in the year, but I think a broader picture has emerged (in Britain at least). We simply can't hide from a virus that spreads as easily as the flu, we can't wait for a cure that may never come, and we can't cope with the concurrent destruction to mental and physical health, national economies, personal liberty and people's livelihoods. Life has to go on.

I think in 8 months to a year's time, perhaps even sooner, virtually everyone will be broadly of the same mind that the sledgehammer approach of a prolonged and repeated lockdowns late into the year was the wrong approach. Unfortunately, we'll likely collectively be picking up the pieces for years, perhaps even a decade to come. Jmo.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 28708
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Ali's Choice »

Just 1 new case in Victoria down, down from 725 new daily cases in August. I hope today's data doesn't upset Clogs too much, he was very upset yesterday when there were only 2 new cases.

Image
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19386
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by CrazyIslander »

:thumbup: Good job guys.
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4140
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:40 pm Just 1 new case in Victoria down, down from 725 new daily cases in August. I hope today's data doesn't upset Clogs too much, he was very upset yesterday when there were only 2 new cases.

Image
This from the bloke who boasts that he can go to the pub or restaurant any time he wants. Guess what champ. Melbourne is still in lockdown. We are still restricted to our homes. We are not allowed to visit anyone and cannot travel further than 5 kilometers. These restrictions are still in place right now. Because we have 1 case and because the muppet shitshower show of incompetents do not know what to do next. But they are 'hinting' things every day. If you have a clear idea of what you are going to do it shouldn't be difficult to communicate that. But not this mob. We have to wait until tomorrow just in case things change.

It will be interesting to see who else of this mob of incompetent fvckwits is going to get the knife in the back with the hearing re-opening on the back of new email evidence. Who do you think Dan will knife to save his bacon AC?
User avatar
kiwigreg369
Posts: 5249
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by kiwigreg369 »

Nice work Victoria- almost there.
—-

My favourite stat from yesterday was that 17 kiwis tried to break into Victoria yesterday (flew into Sydney, flew to Melbourne).
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4140
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Clogs »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:11 pm Nice work Victoria- almost there.
—-

My favourite stat from yesterday was that 17 kiwis tried to break into Victoria yesterday (flew into Sydney, flew to Melbourne).
Thy have fled from no restrictions to the most locked down city in the world? :lol:


What is that old saying? The IQ of both nations just went up...
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 28708
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:11 pm It will be interesting to see who else of this mob of incompetent fvckwits is going to get the knife in the back with the hearing re-opening on the back of new email evidence. Who do you think Dan will knife to save his bacon AC?
1 new case in Victoria today and all you're interested in chatting about is overthrowing the govt. You're obsessed mate.
User avatar
Farva
Posts: 17159
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA PLUM

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Farva »

fudge I hope we lift restrictions now!
User avatar
kiwigreg369
Posts: 5249
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by kiwigreg369 »

Clogs wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:14 pm
kiwigreg369 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:11 pm Nice work Victoria- almost there.
—-

My favourite stat from yesterday was that 17 kiwis tried to break into Victoria yesterday (flew into Sydney, flew to Melbourne).
Thy have fled from no restrictions to the most locked down city in the world? :lol:


What is that old saying? The IQ of both nations just went up...
On a serious note I think it shows how desperate people are...
Overall there are some good trends - obviously slightly worried by NSW but hopefully get this back in the next few days
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 28708
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Ali's Choice »

Farva wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:24 pm fudge I hope we lift restrictions now!
Watching Dan's last few press conferences I think there will be some limited easing tomorrow, but significantly more easing next weekend once Vic Health have had the chance to see if the last few days of brilliant data becomes a trend.

Well done Victorians, you've done an amazing job and shown the rest of the world how to defeat this virus. Your sacrifices have been worth it. All Victorians should be very proud today!
User avatar
UncleFB
Posts: 12969
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by UncleFB »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:11 pm Nice work Victoria- almost there.
—-

My favourite stat from yesterday was that 17 kiwis tried to break into Victoria yesterday (flew into Sydney, flew to Melbourne).
:lol: :lol: :lol:

In other stupid Covid stories: Two staff from my work are heading down to Adelaide on Monday, our corporate overlords are a bit stupid about spending money some times and they made them take the cheapest flights down there. The price difference was $1 from the cheapest to the next cheapest. The cheapest has a stop over in Melbourne, which means that when they arrive in Sydney they would have to quarantine for 14 days. Thankfully the travel agent also held the other flights while the finance manager could get his peanut brain to figure out it's not good to have our Dean and Registrar in quarantine for a two weeks to save a couple of bucks.
User avatar
Farva
Posts: 17159
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA PLUM

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Farva »

Going for elimination was the right move, given Australia is able to isolate itself and a number of very promising vaccines on the horizon.
But we have done that now. I can understand being conservative. I hope you are right and I think the government needs to step up communication. No one knows what is likely to happen.
User avatar
UncleFB
Posts: 12969
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by UncleFB »

Clogs wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:10 am
Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:39 am
Clogs wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:58 pm [quote="Rugby2023
You are a brave man for posting that heresy on here. You will have triggered the wrath of the 'yay for lockdowns' crew, who will no doubt be on here in minutes berating you for throwing the vulnerable under the bus...
Take your hand off it - are you now saying that the Lockdown was not necessary? :roll:

Lighten up a bit mate.
I think Farva went a bit easy on you, these two posts clearly point to the fact you're not interested in reasoned discussion about this.
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4140
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 pm
Clogs wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:11 pm It will be interesting to see who else of this mob of incompetent fvckwits is going to get the knife in the back with the hearing re-opening on the back of new email evidence. Who do you think Dan will knife to save his bacon AC?
1 new case in Victoria today and all you're interested in chatting about is overthrowing the govt. You're obsessed mate.
So you aren't prepared to say who he is going to throw under the bus to save himself? He has already knifed his right hand man, so my guess is Brett Sutton won't be around to see the lifting of restrictions. Dead. Man. Walking.

The noose is tightening on this bunch of forgetful amnesiacs. They got is into this mess and killed hundreds with their incompetence and forgetfulness along the way. Victorians will not forget this suffering that was forced upon them by Dan and his crew of slack jawed 'unable to recall' muppets.

Just for giggles AC, pick one name that wont be leaching Victorian tax payers dollars by Friday next week. Who is going to be Dan's next sacrificial lamb?
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 28708
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:35 pm
Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 pm
Clogs wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:11 pm It will be interesting to see who else of this mob of incompetent fvckwits is going to get the knife in the back with the hearing re-opening on the back of new email evidence. Who do you think Dan will knife to save his bacon AC?
1 new case in Victoria today and all you're interested in chatting about is overthrowing the govt. You're obsessed mate.
So you aren't prepared to say who he is going to throw under the bus to save himself? He has already knifed his right hand man, so my guess is Brett Sutton won't be around to see the lifting of restrictions. Dead. Man. Walking.

The noose is tightening on this bunch of forgetful amnesiacs. They got is into this mess and killed hundreds with their incompetence and forgetfulness along the way. Victorians will not forget this suffering that was forced upon them by Dan and his crew of slack jawed 'unable to recall' muppets.

Just for giggles AC, pick one name that wont be leaching Victorian tax payers dollars by Friday next week. Who is going to be Dan's next sacrificial lamb?
Perhaps you should move this chat over to the Australian Politics thread? I thought this thread was about Covid-19 and Melbourne's 2nd wave - not about trying to overthrow Dan Andrews?
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4140
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Clogs »

Farva wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:31 pm Going for elimination was the right move, given Australia is able to isolate itself and a number of very promising vaccines on the horizon.
But we have done that now. I can understand being conservative. I hope you are right and I think the government needs to step up communication. No one knows what is likely to happen.
But all the dialogue has been we are not going for elimination? If we are going for elimination then call it. I believe most of us would have supported it, and remarkably would have been prepared to wait out another week or two to get to that point.

But all the dialogue has been we need to get this to manageable levels. Which we have been at for weeks now. And still we are getting 'hints' from Dan about what may or may not could possibly maybe happening or not happening. It is just dithering and disrespectful of the people of Victoria who have sacrificed so much to get to this point.
Last edited by Clogs on Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 28708
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Ali's Choice »

UncleFB wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:33 pm I think Farva went a bit easy on you, these two posts clearly point to the fact you're not interested in reasoned discussion about this.
Clogs has never been interested in reasoned discussion. Look at his posts today. Just 1 new case in Victoria yet all his posts are just anti-Dan Andrews rubbish. Clogs is the Scott Morrison of this forum, everything he posts has a political angle.
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4140
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Clogs »

Clogs wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:12 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:28 am I'm right and he's wrong

Image
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 28708
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:40 pm
Farva wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:31 pm Going for elimination was the right move, given Australia is able to isolate itself and a number of very promising vaccines on the horizon.
But we have done that now. I can understand being conservative. I hope you are right and I think the government needs to step up communication. No one knows what is likely to happen.
But all the dialogue has been we are not going for elimination? If we are then call it. I believe most of us would have supported it, and remarkably would have been prepared to wait out another week or two to get to that point.

But all the dialogue has been we need to get this to manageable levels. Which we have been at for weeks now. And still we are getting 'hints' from Dan about what may or may not could possibly maybe happening or not happening. It is just dithering and disrespectful of the people of Victoria who have sacrificed so much to get to this point.
I'm in QLD and even I know that Dan Andrews has consistently said that the medical advice is to wait until the 14 day average of new cases is under 5 before re-opening the state significantly. Your current average is 8.6. What's hard to understand?
User avatar
MungoMan
Posts: 13208
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Coalfalls

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by MungoMan »

Clogs wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:35 pm
Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 pm
Clogs wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:11 pm It will be interesting to see who else of this mob of incompetent fvckwits is going to get the knife in the back with the hearing re-opening on the back of new email evidence. Who do you think Dan will knife to save his bacon AC?
1 new case in Victoria today and all you're interested in chatting about is overthrowing the govt. You're obsessed mate.
So you aren't prepared to say who he is going to throw under the bus to save himself? He has already knifed his right hand man, so my guess is Brett Sutton won't be around to see the lifting of restrictions. Dead. Man. Walking.

The noose is tightening on this bunch of forgetful amnesiacs. They got is into this mess and killed hundreds with their incompetence and forgetfulness along the way. Victorians will not forget this suffering that was forced upon them by Dan and his crew of slack jawed 'unable to recall' muppets.

Just for giggles AC, pick one name that wont be leaching Victorian tax payers dollars by Friday next week. Who is going to be Dan's next sacrificial lamb?
Clogs, it's not clear to me whether you're trolling AC - which is fine and dandy, a man must have a hobby - or actually coming unstuck - which is not so fine and dandy.
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4140
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:42 pm
Clogs wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:40 pm
Farva wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:31 pm Going for elimination was the right move, given Australia is able to isolate itself and a number of very promising vaccines on the horizon.
But we have done that now. I can understand being conservative. I hope you are right and I think the government needs to step up communication. No one knows what is likely to happen.
But all the dialogue has been we are not going for elimination? If we are then call it. I believe most of us would have supported it, and remarkably would have been prepared to wait out another week or two to get to that point.

But all the dialogue has been we need to get this to manageable levels. Which we have been at for weeks now. And still we are getting 'hints' from Dan about what may or may not could possibly maybe happening or not happening. It is just dithering and disrespectful of the people of Victoria who have sacrificed so much to get to this point.
I'm in QLD and even I know that Dan Andrews has consistently said that the medical advice is to wait until the 14 day average of new cases is under 5 before re-opening the state significantly. Your current average is 8.6. What's hard to understand?
You're in Queensland? You should come and visit us down here in Victoria. We love having visitors. Oh no wait you can't. Hell, we can't even visit our neighbours. Thanks to your best mate Dan and his crew that can't remember anything.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 28708
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:51 pm You're in Queensland? You should come and visit us down here in Victoria. We love having visitors. Oh no wait you can't. Hell, we can't even visit our neighbours. Thanks to your best mate Dan and his crew that can't remember anything.
If this weeks ICAC sessions have shown us anything, it is that Dan Andrews has the memory of King Solomon compared to Gladys "I don't need to know about that bit" Berejiklian.
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4140
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:54 pm
Clogs wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:51 pm You're in Queensland? You should come and visit us down here in Victoria. We love having visitors. Oh no wait you can't. Hell, we can't even visit our neighbours. Thanks to your best mate Dan and his crew that can't remember anything.
If this weeks ICAC sessions have shown us anything, it is that Dan Andrews has the memory of King Solomon compared to Gladys "I don't need to know about that bit" Berejiklian.
Sorry this really has nothing to do with Melbourne or Covid. take your trolling to the Australian politics thread please.
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4140
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Clogs »

Now if you will all excuse me, I am going to get out for a walk and use up some of my 2 hours of allowed out of my house time.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 28708
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:55 pm
Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:54 pm
Clogs wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:51 pm You're in Queensland? You should come and visit us down here in Victoria. We love having visitors. Oh no wait you can't. Hell, we can't even visit our neighbours. Thanks to your best mate Dan and his crew that can't remember anything.
If this weeks ICAC sessions have shown us anything, it is that Dan Andrews has the memory of King Solomon compared to Gladys "I don't need to know about that bit" Berejiklian.
Sorry this really has nothing to do with Melbourne or Covid. take your trolling to the Australian politics thread please.
You're right mate, this thread is about Melbourne's success in managing its 2nd wave. Well done Victorians, your success is the country's success and I am very proud of what you have achieved :thumbup:
User avatar
Farva
Posts: 17159
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA PLUM

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Farva »

Clogs wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:40 pm
Farva wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:31 pm Going for elimination was the right move, given Australia is able to isolate itself and a number of very promising vaccines on the horizon.
But we have done that now. I can understand being conservative. I hope you are right and I think the government needs to step up communication. No one knows what is likely to happen.
But all the dialogue has been we are not going for elimination? If we are going for elimination then call it. I believe most of us would have supported it, and remarkably would have been prepared to wait out another week or two to get to that point.

But all the dialogue has been we need to get this to manageable levels. Which we have been at for weeks now. And still we are getting 'hints' from Dan about what may or may not could possibly maybe happening or not happening. It is just dithering and disrespectful of the people of Victoria who have sacrificed so much to get to this point.
Yeah he hasn’t said it. But it’s what we are doing. It’s been clear for a while now.
User avatar
guy smiley
Posts: 32972
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: in transit

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by guy smiley »

Farva wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:37 am
Clogs wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:40 pm
Farva wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:31 pm Going for elimination was the right move, given Australia is able to isolate itself and a number of very promising vaccines on the horizon.
But we have done that now. I can understand being conservative. I hope you are right and I think the government needs to step up communication. No one knows what is likely to happen.
But all the dialogue has been we are not going for elimination? If we are going for elimination then call it. I believe most of us would have supported it, and remarkably would have been prepared to wait out another week or two to get to that point.

But all the dialogue has been we need to get this to manageable levels. Which we have been at for weeks now. And still we are getting 'hints' from Dan about what may or may not could possibly maybe happening or not happening. It is just dithering and disrespectful of the people of Victoria who have sacrificed so much to get to this point.
Yeah he hasn’t said it. But it’s what we are doing. It’s been clear for a while now.
There’s a clear roadmap for lifting restrictions based on the rolling average figures. I don’t know why you guys are insisting on there being no plan. Clogs I can understand because he’s clearly gone off his rocker completely but you Farva, you have a rational and reasoned mind.
User avatar
Farva
Posts: 17159
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA PLUM

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Farva »

He said the <5 cases was approximate. We had one case today, two yesterday, six the day before and seven the day before that. The cases in the previous week were largely known and linked to outbreaks, which can be managed (and look to have been). I think the near enough is there now. If the experts say it’s not I’ve no problem waiting another week.

What I am more worried about now is the uncertainty. If we go for another week that’s fine. But no-one is sure and it’s a day out. Businesses can’t open or even prepare to open with uncertainty. Will we open up on Monday? Will we open up the following Monday? Will it be November sometime?

If I were a business owner, I wouldn’t be opening Monday. Do you arrange for staff? Do you order stock? These are decisions that need to be made in advance. That is where my concern is.
User avatar
MungoMan
Posts: 13208
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Coalfalls

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by MungoMan »

guy smiley wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:45 am
Farva wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:37 am
Clogs wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:40 pm
Farva wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:31 pm Going for elimination was the right move, given Australia is able to isolate itself and a number of very promising vaccines on the horizon.
But we have done that now. I can understand being conservative. I hope you are right and I think the government needs to step up communication. No one knows what is likely to happen.
But all the dialogue has been we are not going for elimination? If we are going for elimination then call it. I believe most of us would have supported it, and remarkably would have been prepared to wait out another week or two to get to that point.

But all the dialogue has been we need to get this to manageable levels. Which we have been at for weeks now. And still we are getting 'hints' from Dan about what may or may not could possibly maybe happening or not happening. It is just dithering and disrespectful of the people of Victoria who have sacrificed so much to get to this point.
Yeah he hasn’t said it. But it’s what we are doing. It’s been clear for a while now.
There’s a clear roadmap for lifting restrictions based on the rolling average figures. I don’t know why you guys are insisting on there being no plan. Clogs I can understand because he’s clearly gone off his rocker completely but you Farva, you have a rational and reasoned mind.
:shock:

Pants. On. Fire!
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 28708
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Ali's Choice »

Farva wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:52 am He said the <5 cases was approximate. We had one case today, two yesterday, six the day before and seven the day before that. The cases in the previous week were largely known and linked to outbreaks, which can be managed (and look to have been). I think the near enough is there now. If the experts say it’s not I’ve no problem waiting another week.

What I am more worried about now is the uncertainty. If we go for another week that’s fine. But no-one is sure and it’s a day out. Businesses can’t open or even prepare to open with uncertainty. Will we open up on Monday? Will we open up the following Monday? Will it be November sometime?

If I were a business owner, I wouldn’t be opening Monday. Do you arrange for staff? Do you order stock? These are decisions that need to be made in advance. That is where my concern is.
He said a 14 day average of <5.

As for the timelines for businesses, the journalists ask Andrews about this every day. He replies that announcements will be made and restrictions will be lifted as soon as the medical advice allows, and businesses can then organise themselves as soon as they can. Businesses will not benefit if Victoria re-opens too soon and suffers a 3rd wave.
User avatar
guy smiley
Posts: 32972
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: in transit

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by guy smiley »

Farva wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:52 am He said the <5 cases was approximate. We had one case today, two yesterday, six the day before and seven the day before that. The cases in the previous week were largely known and linked to outbreaks, which can be managed (and look to have been). I think the near enough is there now. If the experts say it’s not I’ve no problem waiting another week.

What I am more worried about now is the uncertainty. If we go for another week that’s fine. But no-one is sure and it’s a day out. Businesses can’t open or even prepare to open with uncertainty. Will we open up on Monday? Will we open up the following Monday? Will it be November sometime?

If I were a business owner, I wouldn’t be opening Monday. Do you arrange for staff? Do you order stock? These are decisions that need to be made in advance. That is where my concern is.

7 day rolling average... and the Health dept will need time to collate figures, so let’s say the numbers remain low into this coming week, I think you’ll see a lifting of restrictions come next week. I know that’s speculation but it’s based on the policies we’ve been given.

As for businesses etc... yes, it’s difficult to know with certainty just how to manage any reopening. However, the govt aren’t going to suddenly lift restrictions the night before and everyone has had months to plan their strategy. Some supplies will be limited in availability. Some people may be unavailable for work for whatever reason. A good operator will have contingency plans and there is no rule that says you must trade in a specified fashion. You offer services depending on your supply. It’s not rocket science.
User avatar
Farva
Posts: 17159
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA PLUM

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Farva »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:03 am
Farva wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:52 am He said the <5 cases was approximate. We had one case today, two yesterday, six the day before and seven the day before that. The cases in the previous week were largely known and linked to outbreaks, which can be managed (and look to have been). I think the near enough is there now. If the experts say it’s not I’ve no problem waiting another week.

What I am more worried about now is the uncertainty. If we go for another week that’s fine. But no-one is sure and it’s a day out. Businesses can’t open or even prepare to open with uncertainty. Will we open up on Monday? Will we open up the following Monday? Will it be November sometime?

If I were a business owner, I wouldn’t be opening Monday. Do you arrange for staff? Do you order stock? These are decisions that need to be made in advance. That is where my concern is.
He said a 14 day average of <5.

As for the timelines for businesses, the journalists ask Andrews about this every day. He replies that announcements will be made and restrictions will be lifted as soon as the medical advice allows, and businesses can then organise themselves as soon as they can. Businesses will not benefit if Victoria re-opens too soon and suffers a 3rd wave.
Monday is the day we are supposed to be opening. There is currently uncertainty around whether it’s safe to open. We won’t find out until tomorrow. That’s too late for businesses to open. He is talking several more weeks in interviews at the moment. Will businesses be able to open Monday? On the 26th like originally proposed? In two weeks? In three weeks? All of these have been suggested over the last week. How can anyone plan to open with that level of uncertainty?
I get the advice is <5 cases. But that is an approximate only. If one family gets it and 5 family members are sick, then we can isolate that household and it’s managed. However, it could push the number up. That has happened in the last week which is one of the reasons the 14 day average is over 8.

I just want some certainty as to when we can open up so we can plan.
User avatar
Farva
Posts: 17159
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA PLUM

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Farva »

guy smiley wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:06 am
Farva wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:52 am He said the <5 cases was approximate. We had one case today, two yesterday, six the day before and seven the day before that. The cases in the previous week were largely known and linked to outbreaks, which can be managed (and look to have been). I think the near enough is there now. If the experts say it’s not I’ve no problem waiting another week.

What I am more worried about now is the uncertainty. If we go for another week that’s fine. But no-one is sure and it’s a day out. Businesses can’t open or even prepare to open with uncertainty. Will we open up on Monday? Will we open up the following Monday? Will it be November sometime?

If I were a business owner, I wouldn’t be opening Monday. Do you arrange for staff? Do you order stock? These are decisions that need to be made in advance. That is where my concern is.

7 day rolling average... and the Health dept will need time to collate figures, so let’s say the numbers remain low into this coming week, I think you’ll see a lifting of restrictions come next week. I know that’s speculation but it’s based on the policies we’ve been given.

As for businesses etc... yes, it’s difficult to know with certainty just how to manage any reopening. However, the govt aren’t going to suddenly lift restrictions the night before and everyone has had months to plan their strategy. Some supplies will be limited in availability. Some people may be unavailable for work for whatever reason. A good operator will have contingency plans and there is no rule that says you must trade in a specified fashion. You offer services depending on your supply. It’s not rocket science.
Your a cafe. You are expecting to open Monday and so you buy stock for that. This stock is perishable so if you don’t sell it you lose money. So right now you wouldn’t be buying stock. Irrespective of what is announced tomorrow you aren’t opening. That is the contingency plan and it’s now been forced to be implemented. A couple of days makes a huge difference. Victoria’s strategy to reopening shouldn’t be hinging on what happens in a couple of days. If early this week it was clear we wouldn’t be reopening say ‘we will push the reopening out a week.’
User avatar
Farva
Posts: 17159
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA PLUM

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Farva »

Incidentally, we are about to literally lift restrictions overnight
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 28708
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by Ali's Choice »

Farva wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:17 am Your a cafe. You are expecting to open Monday and so you buy stock for that. This stock is perishable so if you don’t sell it you lose money. So right now you wouldn’t be buying stock. A couple of days makes a huge difference. Victoria’s strategy to reopening shouldn’t be hinging on what happens in a couple of days. If early this week it was clear we wouldn’t be reopening say ‘we will push the reopening out a week.’
I don't want to sound flippant, but in that scenario you don't buy stock until the restrictions have been lifted. If Dan Andrews is using actual data to inform decisions then it's impossible for him to predict what the data might be in a week's time. The alternative is that he holds the easing of restrictions back a week longer just so businesses can have a week's notice?
User avatar
guy smiley
Posts: 32972
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: in transit

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked.

Post by guy smiley »

https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/coro ... -melbourne
When will metropolitan Melbourne move to the Third Step?

Subject to public health advice, the third step can start when:

daily average number of cases in the last 14 days is less than 5 state-wide
there are less than 5 cases with an unknown source in the last 14 days (state-wide total)

Third Step
CURRENT WHEN:

Daily average number of cases in the last 14 days is less than 5 (statewide) AND
Less than 5 cases with an unknown source in the last 14 days (statewide total)
The number of cases must be low enough to move to the next step. This is a trigger point for public health review.
Post Reply