Melbourne. Fvcked again. And again. And again.

All things Rugby
User avatar
Pat the Ex Mat
Posts: 6043
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

UncleFB wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:00 pm
Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:17 am
They are just websites that store your contact details, not an app

The QR code triggers the WebLink
The actual worst thing about them is that they don't auto-save your details so you have to re-enter them every time, and each one has a slightly different set up.

I much prefer the pen and paper option.
Don't you have auto fill in your Chrome? - works everytime
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4785
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Clogs »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:56 pm
UncleFB wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:00 pm
Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:17 am
They are just websites that store your contact details, not an app

The QR code triggers the WebLink
The actual worst thing about them is that they don't auto-save your details so you have to re-enter them every time, and each one has a slightly different set up.

I much prefer the pen and paper option.
Don't you have auto fill in your Chrome? - works everytime
I don't think he has a Chrome, it is a Nokia 3110 isn't it UncleFB??? ;)
User avatar
Pat the Ex Mat
Posts: 6043
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Probably an iPhone..
Last edited by Pat the Ex Mat on Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
MungoMan
Posts: 13811
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Coalfalls

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by MungoMan »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:23 am Probably and iPhone..
iPhones from about 2016 onwards offer autofill based on the owner's email address for use in the link from a QR code. Earlier, nah. Two days ago I did mine via autofill at a local cinema but had to type in Ms MungoSpouse's details because she has an earlier iPhone.
User avatar
Pat the Ex Mat
Posts: 6043
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

PEBCAK then :lol:
User avatar
UncleFB
Posts: 13433
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by UncleFB »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:23 am Probably an iPhone..
Yep, I even went into Safari to update my autocorrect details (I usually use chrome) to see if that would work, but nope.

It might be an iPhone thing, most of my social group use iPhones so were's usually filling them out together.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 30466
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Ali's Choice »

Reading today that Victoria will establish a single, COVID-19 hospital in Melb where all Covid-19 cases will be treated.
iarmhiman
Posts: 42330
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by iarmhiman »

I was going to say with summer approaching the virus is gone in Victoria.

If there are a few cases still about how much the spread depends on how much rain Vic, NSW and Queensland get due to La Nina next two months. More people could be indoors aiding spreading of virus

In saying that warmer, more humid air is better for the stopping of transmission than cold, dry air where it lasts for hours.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 30466
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Ali's Choice »

iarmhiman wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:04 am I was going to say with summer approaching the virus is gone in Victoria.

If there are a few cases still about how much the spread depends on how much rain Vic, NSW and Queensland get due to La Nina next two months. More people could be indoors aiding spreading of virus

In saying that warmer, more humid air is better for the stopping of transmission than cold, dry air where it lasts for hours.
Our CMO's here in Australia are downplaying the impact of weather on the spread of the virus, citing the terrible spread of covid-19 in our hot, humid neighbouring countries.
iarmhiman
Posts: 42330
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by iarmhiman »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:09 am
iarmhiman wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:04 am I was going to say with summer approaching the virus is gone in Victoria.

If there are a few cases still about how much the spread depends on how much rain Vic, NSW and Queensland get due to La Nina next two months. More people could be indoors aiding spreading of virus

In saying that warmer, more humid air is better for the stopping of transmission than cold, dry air where it lasts for hours.
Our CMO's here in Australia are downplaying the impact of weather on the spread of the virus, citing the terrible spread of covid-19 in our hot, humid neighbouring countries.
The main reason is crowding indoors with poor air ventilation. Bad weather drives people indoors.

Neighbouring 3rd world countries have cramped living conditions already
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 30466
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Ali's Choice »

I've been watching a fair bit of CNN lately, as I do every 4 years at this time of the US electoral cycle. Just now they had three American experts talking up the 'Victoria State' strategy for dealing with covid-19 and saying that American states need to use this as a model for success.
User avatar
Pat the Ex Mat
Posts: 6043
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

UncleFB wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:07 pm
Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:23 am Probably an iPhone..
Yep, I even went into Safari to update my autocorrect details (I usually use chrome) to see if that would work, but nope.

It might be an iPhone thing, most of my social group use iPhones so were's usually filling them out together.
I was at at demo for a new high-tech device integration on Thursday. The Apple phones using NFC all defaulted to the Apple store ID instead of opening the App

:lol:
User avatar
6.Jones
Posts: 2972
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 pm

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by 6.Jones »

What the world needs is an app that does venue contact tracing without collecting any personal data.
Wait! - www.isol8r.app

The way it works is that when you scan a venue QR code it stores an anonymous token in the blockchain, including a one-way hash of the phone ID. Then, if a venue reports an infection, the next time you start the phone it pulls an alert from the cloud.
User avatar
Pat the Ex Mat
Posts: 6043
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

6.Jones wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:19 am What the world needs is an app that does venue contact tracing without collecting any personal data.
Wait! - www.isol8r.app

The way it works is that when you scan a venue QR code it stores an anonymous token in the blockchain, including a one-way hash of the phone ID. Then, if a venue reports an infection, the next time you start the phone it pulls an alert from the cloud.
Idle hands have done well!
User avatar
6.Jones
Posts: 2972
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 pm

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by 6.Jones »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:36 am
6.Jones wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:19 am What the world needs is an app that does venue contact tracing without collecting any personal data.
Wait! - www.isol8r.app

The way it works is that when you scan a venue QR code it stores an anonymous token in the blockchain, including a one-way hash of the phone ID. Then, if a venue reports an infection, the next time you start the phone it pulls an alert from the cloud.
Idle hands have done well!
No humans involved either. Except for the victims ofc.
User avatar
Pat the Ex Mat
Posts: 6043
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

But of course :lol:
User avatar
Farva
Posts: 17546
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA PLUM

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Farva »

Image

Im liking these graphics more and more now.
User avatar
Ogre
Posts: 3847
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: The Lonesome Cabal

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Ogre »

Farva wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:19 pm Image

Im liking these graphics more and more now.
it does make good reading.
Now that the worst is over I think we should look at handing out the first place award for the most infected area in the most infected city in Australia, a golden poo.

The winner of the golden poo is . . . The city of Wyndham with 2265 cases! Congratulations to the residents of Wyndham for being a bunch of morons who don't wear masks on the streets or smoke with masks off or a generally fuckwits :x (I may or may not reside within said area and can attest to the rest of the population, not me of course, being morons).

On a slighty more serious note it does appear that the areas of melbourne with the highest case numbers do appear in the lower socio economic areas out west and in the north. Perhaps additional education around the rona and support for these areas might help out in any future containment proceedures?
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4785
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Clogs »

Wyndham. The Adelaide of Melbourne.
User avatar
Ogre
Posts: 3847
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: The Lonesome Cabal

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Ogre »

Clogs wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:35 pm Wyndham. The Adelaide of Melbourne.
That's a bit harsh, ive not heard bad things about adelaide.
Perhaps its the Hobart of Melbourne?
User avatar
Farva
Posts: 17546
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA PLUM

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Farva »

Ogre wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:43 pm
Clogs wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:35 pm Wyndham. The Adelaide of Melbourne.
That's a bit harsh, ive not heard bad things about adelaide.
Perhaps its the Hobart of Melbourne?
The Hamilton of Melbourne.
User avatar
Ogre
Posts: 3847
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: The Lonesome Cabal

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Ogre »

Farva wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:50 pm
Ogre wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:43 pm
Clogs wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:35 pm Wyndham. The Adelaide of Melbourne.
That's a bit harsh, ive not heard bad things about adelaide.
Perhaps its the Hobart of Melbourne?
The Hamilton of Melbourne.
It might be a shit hole but its not a massive shit hole. Maybe the Mount Isa of Melbourne :twisted:
User avatar
kiwigreg369
Posts: 5602
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by kiwigreg369 »

Farva wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:50 pm
Ogre wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:43 pm
Clogs wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:35 pm Wyndham. The Adelaide of Melbourne.
That's a bit harsh, ive not heard bad things about adelaide.
Perhaps its the Hobart of Melbourne?
The Hamilton of Melbourne.
Cnut.
User avatar
Farva
Posts: 17546
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA PLUM

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Farva »

Ogre wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:29 pm
Farva wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:19 pm Image

Im liking these graphics more and more now.
it does make good reading.
Now that the worst is over I think we should look at handing out the first place award for the most infected area in the most infected city in Australia, a golden poo.

The winner of the golden poo is . . . The city of Wyndham with 2265 cases! Congratulations to the residents of Wyndham for being a bunch of morons who don't wear masks on the streets or smoke with masks off or a generally fuckwits :x (I may or may not reside within said area and can attest to the rest of the population, not me of course, being morons).

On a slighty more serious note it does appear that the areas of melbourne with the highest case numbers do appear in the lower socio economic areas out west and in the north. Perhaps additional education around the rona and support for these areas might help out in any future containment proceedures?
I think there is a bit more to it than education tbf.
People in the lower socio-economic area are less likely to be able to work from home so are more likely to come into contact with others.
They are also the first hit as that is where the bulk of the security guards at the hotel quarantine facilities live - there was a longer period when the virus was spreading pre lockdown so it makes sense that there are more people here infected.
Finally, the residents are more likely to be immigrants and so socialising with the community is a bigger thing and family support is bigger. They are likely in bigger households with more interaction with the community. Again, more chance for spreading.
User avatar
Ogre
Posts: 3847
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: The Lonesome Cabal

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Ogre »

Farva wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:54 pm
Ogre wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:29 pm
Farva wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:19 pm Image

Im liking these graphics more and more now.
it does make good reading.
Now that the worst is over I think we should look at handing out the first place award for the most infected area in the most infected city in Australia, a golden poo.

The winner of the golden poo is . . . The city of Wyndham with 2265 cases! Congratulations to the residents of Wyndham for being a bunch of morons who don't wear masks on the streets or smoke with masks off or a generally fuckwits :x (I may or may not reside within said area and can attest to the rest of the population, not me of course, being morons).

On a slighty more serious note it does appear that the areas of melbourne with the highest case numbers do appear in the lower socio economic areas out west and in the north. Perhaps additional education around the rona and support for these areas might help out in any future containment proceedures?
I think there is a bit more to it than education tbf.
People in the lower socio-economic area are less likely to be able to work from home so are more likely to come into contact with others.
They are also the first hit as that is where the bulk of the security guards at the hotel quarantine facilities live - there was a longer period when the virus was spreading pre lockdown so it makes sense that there are more people here infected.
Finally, the residents are more likely to be immigrants and so socialising with the community is a bigger thing and family support is bigger. They are likely in bigger households with more interaction with the community. Again, more chance for spreading.
Look, I had a perfectly good shit fight starting point and you go and use "facts" and "Evidence" and stuff to make it look silly. thanks.
Also Hamilton is a real shithole, look at the bordies who live there :twisted:
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4785
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Clogs »

Is it true what they say about Hamilton?
User avatar
Ogre
Posts: 3847
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: The Lonesome Cabal

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Ogre »

Its cup day tomorrow, nice weather and steak in the fridge ready for the ritual burning.

Even I must admit we are turning the corner and heading towards a better christmas period.

Huzzah!
User avatar
jdogscoop
Posts: 13987
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by jdogscoop »

Ogre wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:24 am Its cup day tomorrow, nice weather and steak in the fridge ready for the ritual burning.

Even I must admit we are turning the corner and heading towards a better christmas period.

Huzzah!
Oh happy day. High of 30 tomorrow too, big shitter.
User avatar
Slim 293
Posts: 5896
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Straya plum

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Slim 293 »

Melburnians have been freed out of lockdown for almost a week now...

Melbourne Cup public holiday today... the weather is glorious - 30 degrees and sunny, a perfect day to head down to the beach.

But the Covidiots are outside of Parliament protesting for their freedoms. :|
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 30466
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Ali's Choice »

Slim 293 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:41 am Melburnians have been freed out of lockdown for almost a week now...

Melbourne Cup public holiday today... the weather is glorious - 30 degrees and sunny, a perfect day to head down to the beach.

But the Covidiots are outside of Parliament protesting for their freedoms. :|
Yes, looking at the media coverage of this now. Lots of arrests. This protest is tone deaf, it should have been cancelled.
User avatar
Farva
Posts: 17546
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA PLUM

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Farva »

Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:15 am
Slim 293 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:41 am Melburnians have been freed out of lockdown for almost a week now...

Melbourne Cup public holiday today... the weather is glorious - 30 degrees and sunny, a perfect day to head down to the beach.

But the Covidiots are outside of Parliament protesting for their freedoms. :|
Yes, looking at the media coverage of this now. Lots of arrests. This protest is tone deaf, it should have been cancelled.
What are they protesting about?

Anyway, I spent the morning having a picnic down by a lake near my house. Terrific weather with plenty of people out. But everyone was wearing a mask and no big groups.
User avatar
Slim 293
Posts: 5896
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Straya plum

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Slim 293 »

Farva wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:22 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:15 am
Slim 293 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:41 am Melburnians have been freed out of lockdown for almost a week now...

Melbourne Cup public holiday today... the weather is glorious - 30 degrees and sunny, a perfect day to head down to the beach.

But the Covidiots are outside of Parliament protesting for their freedoms. :|
Yes, looking at the media coverage of this now. Lots of arrests. This protest is tone deaf, it should have been cancelled.
What are they protesting about?

Anyway, I spent the morning having a picnic down by a lake near my house. Terrific weather with plenty of people out. But everyone was wearing a mask and no big groups.
5G, Bill Gates, forced vaccinations, civil liberties, or as one guy stated...

Hydro... Hyd... Hydrochoroxclyde.... Hyderochroxochlorine... Hydrocloxi... Hy.. Hydroxychloroquine.

And tell the truth!
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 30466
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Ali's Choice »

Slim 293 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:29 am
Farva wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:22 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:15 am
Slim 293 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:41 am Melburnians have been freed out of lockdown for almost a week now...

Melbourne Cup public holiday today... the weather is glorious - 30 degrees and sunny, a perfect day to head down to the beach.

But the Covidiots are outside of Parliament protesting for their freedoms. :|
Yes, looking at the media coverage of this now. Lots of arrests. This protest is tone deaf, it should have been cancelled.
What are they protesting about?

Anyway, I spent the morning having a picnic down by a lake near my house. Terrific weather with plenty of people out. But everyone was wearing a mask and no big groups.
5G, Bill Gates, forced vaccinations, civil liberties, or as one guy stated...

Hydro... Hyd... Hydrochoroxclyde.... Hyderochroxochlorine... Hydrocloxi... Hy.. Hydroxychloroquine.

And tell the truth!
You forgot George Soros, lizard people, Antifa and the global child exploitation cabal
User avatar
jdogscoop
Posts: 13987
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by jdogscoop »

The Melbourne Cup runs in a little over 20 minutes.

I like Prince of Arran.
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 20240
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by CrazyIslander »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:05 am I've been watching a fair bit of CNN lately, as I do every 4 years at this time of the US electoral cycle. Just now they had three American experts talking up the 'Victoria State' strategy for dealing with covid-19 and saying that American states need to use this as a model for success.
Big Dan might get an award of some sort
User avatar
Ogre
Posts: 3847
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: The Lonesome Cabal

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Ogre »

CrazyIslander wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:14 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:05 am I've been watching a fair bit of CNN lately, as I do every 4 years at this time of the US electoral cycle. Just now they had three American experts talking up the 'Victoria State' strategy for dealing with covid-19 and saying that American states need to use this as a model for success.
Big Dan might get an award of some sort
Dictator Dan can eat a dick, no f**king awards for him apart from useless plum of the year.

On the bright side 5 days with no new cases and more importantly no deaths again today. :thumbup:
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4785
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Clogs »

What is with the wait until Sunday for the 'grand unveiling' bullshit? Why are we getting 'hints' about what could might happen. This isn't fvcking high school. Get. on. With. It.


Again there are businesses waiting to hear if restrictions are going to be further eased and more people will be allowed into premises from some point in time next week. Do they order more stock, do they add additional staff/shifts etc.
Why wait until the day before restrictions ease to make the announcement and have these businesses scramble. Surely Dan can let people know today that from midnight Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday or whatever other arbitrary date he decides, the following can happen, and then detail what can happen. Give people some notice. He can always add more on Sunday.

This bloke must love the attention. Must crave it. We pay you Dan, stop the cock teasing and just fvcking get on with it.
User avatar
The Optimist
Posts: 5020
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Chukity - puck!!!

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by The Optimist »

I think the Murdoch media empire should be looked into. They have slagged off Victoria's handling of the crisis from the get go across all their platforms. Time for Murdoch to be unplugged from his life support and sacrifice of virgins and be cremated and shot into the sun.
User avatar
Ellafan
Posts: 5380
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Ellafan »

The Optimist wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:02 am I think the Murdoch media empire should be looked into. They have slagged off Victoria's handling of the crisis from the get go across all their platforms. Time for Murdoch to be unplugged from his life support and sacrifice of virgins and be cremated and shot into the sun.
Ah, the blame game.

People aren't buying your party line, eh?
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 30466
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Melbourne. UnFvcked. Almost

Post by Ali's Choice »

Ellafan wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:06 pm
The Optimist wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:02 am I think the Murdoch media empire should be looked into. They have slagged off Victoria's handling of the crisis from the get go across all their platforms. Time for Murdoch to be unplugged from his life support and sacrifice of virgins and be cremated and shot into the sun.
Ah, the blame game.

People aren't buying your party line, eh?
Ellafan, I think you're the only person in Australia who doesn't see how overtly partisan News Ltd is in this country.
Post Reply