Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Ozzie Open!

All things Rugby
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 30001
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Ali's Choice »

As an aside, Jacinta Allan, hot or not?
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4623
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:07 am As an aside, Jacinta Allan, hot or not?
Stop objectifying women. We are in the grips of a global pandemic FFS!
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4623
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:05 am Clogs,

Nice rant, but how would you have managed things if you were in charge? People that are still in NSW have for whatever reason made the choice to stay there. Are you suggesting that people should be allowed to finish their holidays in NSW when it suits them, and then return home at their leisure? Because that sounds like a recipe for a 3rd wave.
OK, 3 months ago I would have started planning for the holiday period. And part of that planning would include the "What happens if..." or (Operation Fvck NSW) scenario.

Under OFNSW I would have looked to technology to assist. If the border shuts and people have to return then I would introduce a cut off date after which time those residents returning would need to isolate at home. Now if you need to work, then it is likely that you would return home urgently because your boss or your business would take a dim view of you needing to isolate for 14 days after you returned on the 14th of January. Most people would return early. None would be turned away.

I would use technology on the borders. Licence Plate Recognition technology that the Sheriff's use. Every vehicle that returns has a registered owner (so for most vehicles you already have the owners details). We could look to get people to pre-register and get people to include mobile phone or email contact details, this can be done via web or IVR - (a simple phone call for those with Nokia 3310'S) and we then scan each vehicle as it returns. Any vehicle detected as having not registered would be pulled over and forced to give hand jobs. Or alternatively register the user details and send them home. Now you have the details of every returned Victorian you can ensure they are home and isolating. And you can communicate with them.

As for testing, I would have ramped up purpose built remote pop up facilities. Able to be deployed within hours of a cluster being detected. I would have recruited hundreds of staff to backfill for the holiday period (and possibly even reached out to the many volunteer organisations - like lifesaving, SES, St Johns etc - all of whom have some degree of basic medical training and a genuine willingness to help) and been prepared for ramp up testing.
I would have also scoured the globe to find rapid test kits. If available I would buy up plenty. They are used as a first line of screening. Breathe, blow, jizz into the kit, however it works, and get a quick response. If anything dodgy shows up, get the brain tickler.

And this is just some random bloke on the internet with a basic brain dump of ideas that are already many times over better than the clvsterfvck show that is on display in Victoria at the moment.

People in Melbourne have been traumatised enough through the lockdown, where we were locked in our homes, now they are being locked out. All of NSW is currently a hot spot. And yet we are forcing Victorians to wait there until they are granted their willy wonka pass. You honestly couldn't script this level of dumb.
Last edited by Clogs on Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 30001
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Ali's Choice »

The difference in the behaviour of the media between the Vic and NSW press conferences is startling. The Vic media are savaging the Acting Premier and CMO. In stark contrast, the NSW media lovingly ask Dorothy Dixers to Berejiklian and Chant. Yesterday, the Berejiklian government announced that masks would be mandated, after 9 months of refusing to do this, and not a single question about the change in policy was asked.
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4623
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Clogs »

Oh wow, just read this.

NSW did 80 000 tests recently. Victoria in the midst of this new outbreak (that didn't just bob up overnight) managed 25 000. And is fvcking turning people away from testing.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-03/ ... t/13027896
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 30001
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:48 am Oh wow, just read this.

NSW did 80 000 tests recently. Victoria in the midst of this new outbreak (that didn't just bob up overnight) managed 25 000. And is fvcking turning people away from testing.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-03/ ... t/13027896
On what day did NSW complete 80K tests?
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4623
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:54 am
Clogs wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:48 am Oh wow, just read this.

NSW did 80 000 tests recently. Victoria in the midst of this new outbreak (that didn't just bob up overnight) managed 25 000. And is fvcking turning people away from testing.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-03/ ... t/13027896
On what day did NSW complete 80K tests?
Just quoting from the ABC. Are you suggesting they are an untrustworthy news source?

Image
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 30001
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Ali's Choice »

I have posted NSW Health's official data releases every day of this cluster. Their record testing day was below 70,000. Why are you using fake data to troll your state government?
User avatar
Farva
Posts: 17480
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA PLUM

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Farva »

To be fair Clogs, that’s not a good comparison.
NSW has had the virus for a month now so have ramped up. Vic have just had it kick off after 2 months of nothing.
The testers have been working hard over 6 months in Vic. Many would have been taking well deserved holidays.
Now they are called back in. It takes a few days to get that going. There are now 190 testing centres running. That can pump through the tests. But when everyone was on their holiday you couldn’t. It takes time to get that level back up and running, particularly when people are taking their holidays after a big year.

Your criticism of the borders debacle is very much warranted. It’s a shot show to not allow people back in and not have a plan for how to do that.
User avatar
Farva
Posts: 17480
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA PLUM

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Farva »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:01 am I have posted NSW Health's official data releases every day of this cluster. Their record testing day was below 70,000. Why are you using fake data to troll your state government?
Come on AC, that’s semantics.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 30001
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Ali's Choice »

Farva wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:37 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:01 am I have posted NSW Health's official data releases every day of this cluster. Their record testing day was below 70,000. Why are you using fake data to troll your state government?
Come on AC, that’s semantics.
If 67, 000 tests equals 80, 000 tests could we say that Vic did 50,000 yesterday?
User avatar
Harveys
Posts: 2174
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:39 pm

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Harveys »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:07 am As an aside, Jacinta Allan, hot or not?
Not, but probably would.
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4623
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Clogs »

Farva wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:36 am To be fair Clogs, that’s not a good comparison.
NSW has had the virus for a month now so have ramped up. Vic have just had it kick off after 2 months of nothing.
The testers have been working hard over 6 months in Vic. Many would have been taking well deserved holidays.
Now they are called back in. It takes a few days to get that going. There are now 190 testing centres running. That can pump through the tests. But when everyone was on their holiday you couldn’t. It takes time to get that level back up and running, particularly when people are taking their holidays after a big year.

Your criticism of the borders debacle is very much warranted. It’s a shot show to not allow people back in and not have a plan for how to do that.
The time for vic to get prepared was when NSW kicked off...
User avatar
Farva
Posts: 17480
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA PLUM

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Farva »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:51 am
Farva wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:37 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:01 am I have posted NSW Health's official data releases every day of this cluster. Their record testing day was below 70,000. Why are you using fake data to troll your state government?
Come on AC, that’s semantics.
If 67, 000 tests equals 80, 000 tests could we say that Vic did 50,000 yesterday?
It would be akin to saying Vic did 30k instead of 25k.
Regardless it didn’t influence the point being made.
User avatar
Farva
Posts: 17480
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA PLUM

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Farva »

Clogs wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:32 am
Farva wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:36 am To be fair Clogs, that’s not a good comparison.
NSW has had the virus for a month now so have ramped up. Vic have just had it kick off after 2 months of nothing.
The testers have been working hard over 6 months in Vic. Many would have been taking well deserved holidays.
Now they are called back in. It takes a few days to get that going. There are now 190 testing centres running. That can pump through the tests. But when everyone was on their holiday you couldn’t. It takes time to get that level back up and running, particularly when people are taking their holidays after a big year.

Your criticism of the borders debacle is very much warranted. It’s a shot show to not allow people back in and not have a plan for how to do that.
The time for vic to get prepared was when NSW kicked off...
There will be somewhere kicking off in Australia most of the time. Before NSW it was SA. Before SA it was us. Do we keep these people of standby all the time and prevent them going on holiday?
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4623
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Clogs »

Farva wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:13 am
Clogs wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:32 am
Farva wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:36 am To be fair Clogs, that’s not a good comparison.
NSW has had the virus for a month now so have ramped up. Vic have just had it kick off after 2 months of nothing.
The testers have been working hard over 6 months in Vic. Many would have been taking well deserved holidays.
Now they are called back in. It takes a few days to get that going. There are now 190 testing centres running. That can pump through the tests. But when everyone was on their holiday you couldn’t. It takes time to get that level back up and running, particularly when people are taking their holidays after a big year.

Your criticism of the borders debacle is very much warranted. It’s a shot show to not allow people back in and not have a plan for how to do that.
The time for vic to get prepared was when NSW kicked off...
There will be somewhere kicking off in Australia most of the time. Before NSW it was SA. Before SA it was us. Do we keep these people of standby all the time and prevent them going on holiday?
Look, it is only when people throw their hands up in the air and say it is all too hard, that nothing gets done.

This thing has been bubbling in NSW for some time. The decision to slam the border shut was not an overnight decision. If it was then heads must roll. If it wasn't then it would have been planned for some time ago. Part of that planning would have to included the need for more manpower to cover those going on leave. "Oooh, looks like things ar getting serious in Sydney, we may have to consider closing the border, but before we do that lets send everyone on holiday".

Turning people away from testing centres is negligent. It is gross mismanagement. If this virus is that serious then recruit more people to cover. It is that simple.

Let me give you another illustration of mismanagement. In Victoria there are some 36 000 members of lifesaving clubs. There are 57 clubs (read additional testing sites with comprehensive basic medical equipment and full PPE) in the state. Of those 36 000 members there will be around 4 000 - 6 000 currently qualified lifesavers. Back when this virus had hit a crisis point the relevant minister (Merlino I think it was) reached out to LSV to see if any volunteers were able willing and prepared to offer assistance. Naturally many many many of us were. And many of us are reasonably well trained to perform emergency medical support. We also practice and re-certify our awards every year. So learning how to shove a Q tip up someones snout is not beyond us. A few sessions of how to hold insert, twist and remove and I think we could have handled it. Something similar for the SES could have been done. Nothing happened.
A few lifesavers were called in to provide tea and coffee or pack sandwiches one of the days. That was it. So there are potentially hundreds, if not thousands of personnel that could have been trained to assist further, and each of the clubs would have been able to provide their facilities to assist as additional testing sites, as well as places to store testing equipment and PPE. And this was something that was considered months ago.

What is the worst that could happen if people were trained up in readiness, but ultimately weren't used? Nothing. What is the worst that could happen if something like this wasn't done? Well, we would be turning people away from testing sites during another outbreak because we don't have the capacity to test people.

If it wasn't so fvcking frustrating it could almost be a joke.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 30001
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs, you've done a great job of complaining but you still haven't told us how you would have managed the border so that not a single person's holiday was disrupted, but the state of Victoria was also kept safe.
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4623
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:46 am Clogs, you've done a great job of complaining but you still haven't told us how you would have managed the border so that not a single person's holiday was disrupted, but the state of Victoria was also kept safe.
So I spent some time thinking you were asking a serious question earlier and as a result responded. Now I realise you are just trolling. No probs. I had a nibble at the bait.
User avatar
Pat the Ex Mat
Posts: 5917
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Clogs is definitely doubling down on whinger of the year 2 years in a row

This is Australia mare, stoicism, not histrionics is the go ;)
User avatar
Ellafan
Posts: 5186
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Ellafan »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:18 am Clogs is definitely doubling down on whinger of the year 2 years in a row

This is Australia mare, stoicism, not histrionics is the go ;)
Not any more. In the course of my lifetime we have been transformed from the ironbark tough victors of Tobruk, Kokoda & Milne Bay, into a bunch of docile nanny state automatons. Where once was steel, is now blancmange. We used to tough things out. We were resilient. Now we out people on facebook and carry on like a bunch of pussies.
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4623
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Clogs »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:18 am Clogs is definitely doubling down on whinger of the year 2 years in a row

This is Australia mare, stoicism, not histrionics is the go ;)
2 years in a row? Get fvcked! :x


















On my count it is 5 years straight!
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4623
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Clogs »

Victorian coronavirus testing sites battling demand, more staff urgently called in
Victorians faced lengthy waits at some coronavirus test sites on Sunday, as health authorities call back large numbers of pandemic-weary staff from leave to meet the surge in demand.

Health authorities are updating information testing site hours and wait times on the DHHS website
Victoria processed more than 18,000 tests on Friday and more than 22,000 on Saturday, after more than 60,000 people returned from New South Wales over the New Year period following the announced hard closure of the border.

All of those returnees are required to get a coronavirus test within 24 hours of arrival,
but authorities have said they will not be penalised if that proves impossible due to overwhelmed testing centres.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-03/ ... d/13028542


Could things be any more mismanaged? Force everyone to return home before an arbitrary deadline. Then force everyone that has returned to be tested within 24 hours of their return. Only to work out you cannot test everyone within that deadline you have imposed because you haven't got the resources to do this. No wonder Gladys is making this rabble look like chumps. She has strapped on a 2 dildo's and is about to commence double pegging this fvcking mockery of a stat government.


And people thought the hotel quarantine fiasco might have been a one off mismanagement scenario.


But yeh. Complaining... :roll:
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 30001
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:14 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:46 am Clogs, you've done a great job of complaining but you still haven't told us how you would have managed the border so that not a single person's holiday was disrupted, but the state of Victoria was also kept safe.
So I spent some time thinking you were asking a serious question earlier and as a result responded. Now I realise you are just trolling. No probs. I had a nibble at the bait.
Sorry I missed your response. I apologise, I got distracted by your post soon after, where you claimed 80,000 tets had been completed in NSW on a single day.

The big problem with your proposal is that it relies on home quarantine. That simply does not work to control the virus, it has never worked anywhere on Earth.

The 2nd problem with your idea is that it relies on giving returnees longer to get back to Vic. The first recorded case in Vic was on NYE, and they acted quickly after that. Leaving open the window for longer than they did would only increase the risk for Victorians. Especially if it was being underpinned by a 'home quarantine' framework.
User avatar
Farva
Posts: 17480
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA PLUM

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Farva »

Clogs wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:47 am
Victorian coronavirus testing sites battling demand, more staff urgently called in
Victorians faced lengthy waits at some coronavirus test sites on Sunday, as health authorities call back large numbers of pandemic-weary staff from leave to meet the surge in demand.

Health authorities are updating information testing site hours and wait times on the DHHS website
Victoria processed more than 18,000 tests on Friday and more than 22,000 on Saturday, after more than 60,000 people returned from New South Wales over the New Year period following the announced hard closure of the border.

All of those returnees are required to get a coronavirus test within 24 hours of arrival,
but authorities have said they will not be penalised if that proves impossible due to overwhelmed testing centres.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-03/ ... d/13028542


Could things be any more mismanaged? Force everyone to return home before an arbitrary deadline. Then force everyone that has returned to be tested within 24 hours of their return. Only to work out you cannot test everyone within that deadline you have imposed because you haven't got the resources to do this. No wonder Gladys is making this rabble look like chumps. She has strapped on a 2 dildo's and is about to commence double pegging this fvcking mockery of a stat government.


And people thought the hotel quarantine fiasco might have been a one off mismanagement scenario.


But yeh. Complaining... :roll:
That’s a bit of hyperbole there mate.

Gladys making these guys look like chumps?
There are legitimate complaints around what the Vic govt hasn’t done for this outbreak. But it pales when compared to the current mismanagement by NSW on this.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 30001
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Ali's Choice »

Image
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4623
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Clogs »

Farva wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:46 pm
Clogs wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:47 am
Victorian coronavirus testing sites battling demand, more staff urgently called in
Victorians faced lengthy waits at some coronavirus test sites on Sunday, as health authorities call back large numbers of pandemic-weary staff from leave to meet the surge in demand.

Health authorities are updating information testing site hours and wait times on the DHHS website
Victoria processed more than 18,000 tests on Friday and more than 22,000 on Saturday, after more than 60,000 people returned from New South Wales over the New Year period following the announced hard closure of the border.

All of those returnees are required to get a coronavirus test within 24 hours of arrival,
but authorities have said they will not be penalised if that proves impossible due to overwhelmed testing centres.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-03/ ... d/13028542


Could things be any more mismanaged? Force everyone to return home before an arbitrary deadline. Then force everyone that has returned to be tested within 24 hours of their return. Only to work out you cannot test everyone within that deadline you have imposed because you haven't got the resources to do this. No wonder Gladys is making this rabble look like chumps. She has strapped on a 2 dildo's and is about to commence double pegging this fvcking mockery of a stat government.


And people thought the hotel quarantine fiasco might have been a one off mismanagement scenario.


But yeh. Complaining... :roll:
That’s a bit of hyperbole there mate.

Gladys making these guys look like chumps?
There are legitimate complaints around what the Vic govt hasn’t done for this outbreak. But it pales when compared to the current mismanagement by NSW on this.
Look it is a legitimate criticism. As for laying it on a bit thick? Well that is the very preserve of PR isn't it?

This just posted on the ABC 36 minutes ago.
Around 1,500 Victorians stuck on the other side of the hard border closure with New South Wales have applied for exemptions to return.

So far 117 exemptions have been granted to allow people to enter Victoria for reasons such as the imminent passing of a person or to attend a funeral, a DHHS statement said.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-04/ ... e/13028792


In limbo. Because of poor planning and management. People being turned away from testing. Because of poor planning and management. And it's not as if this is our first rodeo.
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4623
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:14 am
Clogs wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:14 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:46 am Clogs, you've done a great job of complaining but you still haven't told us how you would have managed the border so that not a single person's holiday was disrupted, but the state of Victoria was also kept safe.
So I spent some time thinking you were asking a serious question earlier and as a result responded. Now I realise you are just trolling. No probs. I had a nibble at the bait.
Sorry I missed your response. I apologise, I got distracted by your post soon after, where you claimed 80,000 tets had been completed in NSW on a single day.

The big problem with your proposal is that it relies on home quarantine. That simply does not work to control the virus, it has never worked anywhere on Earth.

The 2nd problem with your idea is that it relies on giving returnees longer to get back to Vic. The first recorded case in Vic was on NYE, and they acted quickly after that. Leaving open the window for longer than they did would only increase the risk for Victorians. Especially if it was being underpinned by a 'home quarantine' framework.
We both know that I was simply quoting directly from the ABC news website, I even pasted the link and the image to validate. But yes, it clearly wasn't 80 thousand, it was closer to 70 000. But the point remains, if the Victorian Government mandated everyone return before a certain date, and then everyone that returned had to be tested within 24 hours of their return, and then the Victorian Government wasn't even able to test those that had returned within the very window they had specified, it makes them look amateurish. A clown show if you will.

Now, to your points. I did not claim my 30 second brain fart plan was infallible. Simply that it was a major improvement over the clown show that is performing at the moment. The reliance on home quarantine to control the virus seemed to be pretty effective. From memory, and happy for you to correct me if I am wrong, but in Melbourne we used home quarantine during the worst part of our outbreak and I believe that was rather effective and as a result we were able to get rid of the virus for a few weeks?
I also seem to recollect, and again I may be wrong here, but home quarantine is what is in place right now in Victoria as part of this current raft of restrictions? Are you saying the Victorian Government have fvcked this up as well and home quarantine won't work at all? Why would the Victorian Government make it compulsory for returned holiday makes to home quarantine when according to AC this hasn't worked anywhere? It is just dumb for the Victorian Government to even roll this out according to AC.
I also think that if you test positive for Covid, you may/will be required to self quarantine at home. Clearly a flawed requirement according to AC. This simply has not worked anywhere on earth at all. Although, it might be that you are living up in Queensland and probably don't have a clue about any of this because you aren't living through it. In which case I can cut you some slack. Because dopy Queenslander.

To your second point, no one wants to be forced into self quarantine. Most people will have rushed back to avoid that. But if there were people that elected to stay in NSW, well they are doing so knowing full well they will be under 14 day quarantine when they return. At that point so what? As a Victorian you can choose to get home before the cut off and avoid quarantine, or you can return after the date and be made to quarantine at home. And if you are quarantined and routinely tested then it is highly unlikely the virus will leak out. And I doubt you would have 10 000 people in quarantine because most people would want to avoid that. So it might just be those 1500 poor sods that are right now giving out hand jobs for bread crusts at the border that would right now be at home watching Netflix, rather than tending to their blistered hands and sore backs from sleeping on the side of the road.








Too over the top or just about right Farva? :D
User avatar
Pat the Ex Mat
Posts: 5917
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Clogs wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:09 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:14 am
Clogs wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:14 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:46 am Clogs, you've done a great job of complaining but you still haven't told us how you would have managed the border so that not a single person's holiday was disrupted, but the state of Victoria was also kept safe.
So I spent some time thinking you were asking a serious question earlier and as a result responded. Now I realise you are just trolling. No probs. I had a nibble at the bait.
Sorry I missed your response. I apologise, I got distracted by your post soon after, where you claimed 80,000 tets had been completed in NSW on a single day.

The big problem with your proposal is that it relies on home quarantine. That simply does not work to control the virus, it has never worked anywhere on Earth.

The 2nd problem with your idea is that it relies on giving returnees longer to get back to Vic. The first recorded case in Vic was on NYE, and they acted quickly after that. Leaving open the window for longer than they did would only increase the risk for Victorians. Especially if it was being underpinned by a 'home quarantine' framework.
We both know that I was simply quoting directly from the ABC news website, I even pasted the link and the image to validate. But yes, it clearly wasn't 80 thousand, it was closer to 70 000. But the point remains, if the Victorian Government mandated everyone return before a certain date, and then everyone that returned had to be tested within 24 hours of their return, and then the Victorian Government wasn't even able to test those that had returned within the very window they had specified, it makes them look amateurish. A clown show if you will.

Now, to your points. I did not claim my 30 second brain fart plan was infallible. Simply that it was a major improvement over the clown show that is performing at the moment. The reliance on home quarantine to control the virus seemed to be pretty effective. From memory, and happy for you to correct me if I am wrong, but in Melbourne we used home quarantine during the worst part of our outbreak and I believe that was rather effective and as a result we were able to get rid of the virus for a few weeks?
I also seem to recollect, and again I may be wrong here, but home quarantine is what is in place right now in Victoria as part of this current raft of restrictions? Are you saying the Victorian Government have fvcked this up as well and home quarantine won't work at all? Why would the Victorian Government make it compulsory for returned holiday makes to home quarantine when according to AC this hasn't worked anywhere? It is just dumb for the Victorian Government to even roll this out according to AC.
I also think that if you test positive for Covid, you may/will be required to self quarantine at home. Clearly a flawed requirement according to AC. This simply has not worked anywhere on earth at all. Although, it might be that you are living up in Queensland and probably don't have a clue about any of this because you aren't living through it. In which case I can cut you some slack. Because dopy Queenslander.

To your second point, no one wants to be forced into self quarantine. Most people will have rushed back to avoid that. But if there were people that elected to stay in NSW, well they are doing so knowing full well they will be under 14 day quarantine when they return. At that point so what? As a Victorian you can choose to get home before the cut off and avoid quarantine, or you can return after the date and be made to quarantine at home. And if you are quarantined and routinely tested then it is highly unlikely the virus will leak out. And I doubt you would have 10 000 people in quarantine because most people would want to avoid that. So it might just be those 1500 poor sods that are right now giving out hand jobs for bread crusts at the border that would right now be at home watching Netflix, rather than tending to their blistered hands and sore backs from sleeping on the side of the road.








Too over the top or just about right Farva? :D
Do you get paid by the word?
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4623
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Clogs »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:34 am

Do you get paid by the word?
Have you taken in any poor, stranded Victorians? Or do you not like hand jobs?
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4623
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Clogs »

Deputy Dan just been quizzed by a journo on what planning was done ahead of time, just in case this happened. "Stumble fluff, some nonsense, 22000 tests, hard working, needing a holiday, stumble, bumble etc."

What a clown show.



There were 60 days of no cases. How hard were the testers working after 30 days of no cases?
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4623
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Clogs »

We are being protected from a massive outbreak, justified border closures, exemptions required to prevent hand jobs.

Nek minute...

Welcome to the Australian Open!
User avatar
Pat the Ex Mat
Posts: 5917
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

I think you need to log off for a bit mate ....
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4623
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Clogs »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:50 am I think you need to log off for a bit mate ....
Do you?
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4623
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Clogs »

So Jeroen was reassuring us that there were just around 1500 hand jobbers plying their trade in NSW. Turn out that number is closer to 2500 than 1500 ('around 2200'). And the Victorian Government have processed the grand sum total of 175 to date. There are still over 2000 more waiting. At this rate they will have worn their hands into a nub up to the elbow before they are allowed back home.

This will go down as a truly shameful episode in Victorian history.
User avatar
jdogscoop
Posts: 13744
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by jdogscoop »

Clogs wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:07 am So Jeroen was reassuring us that there were just around 1500 hand jobbers plying their trade in NSW. Turn out that number is closer to 2500 than 1500 ('around 2200'). And the Victorian Government have processed the grand sum total of 175 to date. There are still over 2000 more waiting. At this rate they will have worn their hands into a nub up to the elbow before they are allowed back home.

This will go down as a truly shameful episode in Victorian history.
Put down The Herald Sun, Clogs.

You're starting to sound like a Murdoch mouthpiece.
User avatar
UncleFB
Posts: 13274
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by UncleFB »

jdogscoop wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:23 am
Clogs wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:07 am So Jeroen was reassuring us that there were just around 1500 hand jobbers plying their trade in NSW. Turn out that number is closer to 2500 than 1500 ('around 2200'). And the Victorian Government have processed the grand sum total of 175 to date. There are still over 2000 more waiting. At this rate they will have worn their hands into a nub up to the elbow before they are allowed back home.

This will go down as a truly shameful episode in Victorian history.
Put down The Herald Sun, Clogs.

You're starting to sound like a Murdoch mouthpiece.
:shock:
User avatar
jdogscoop
Posts: 13744
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by jdogscoop »

UncleFB wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:11 am
jdogscoop wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:23 am
Clogs wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:07 am So Jeroen was reassuring us that there were just around 1500 hand jobbers plying their trade in NSW. Turn out that number is closer to 2500 than 1500 ('around 2200'). And the Victorian Government have processed the grand sum total of 175 to date. There are still over 2000 more waiting. At this rate they will have worn their hands into a nub up to the elbow before they are allowed back home.

This will go down as a truly shameful episode in Victorian history.
Put down The Herald Sun, Clogs.

You're starting to sound like a Murdoch mouthpiece.
:shock:
:lol:
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4623
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Clogs »

The situation in NSW is so dire that the entire state has been declared a red zone. Thousands of Victorians attempting to get home are stranded in NSW after being refused entry into Victoria.


Apparently the rest of the world is less dangerous than NSW. Welcome to the Australian Open everyone. We will grant you special access to visit, but people that live here? Fvck them!
User avatar
Slim 293
Posts: 5809
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Straya plum

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Slim 293 »

Clogs wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:58 am The situation in NSW is so dire that the entire state has been declared a red zone. Thousands of Victorians attempting to get home are stranded in NSW after being refused entry into Victoria.


Apparently the rest of the world is less dangerous than NSW. Welcome to the Australian Open everyone. We will grant you special access to visit, but people that live here? Fvck them!

The Australian Open that doesn’t start until next month?

I doubt anyone is receiving special access for an event that’s still five weeks away...
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4623
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Melbourne. About to be fvcked again. Fvck you Sydney!

Post by Clogs »

Slim 293 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:07 am
Clogs wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:58 am The situation in NSW is so dire that the entire state has been declared a red zone. Thousands of Victorians attempting to get home are stranded in NSW after being refused entry into Victoria.


Apparently the rest of the world is less dangerous than NSW. Welcome to the Australian Open everyone. We will grant you special access to visit, but people that live here? Fvck them!

The Australian Open that doesn’t start until next month?

I doubt anyone is receiving special access for an event that’s still five weeks away...
4th of Feb. But you have to be here before then to enter quarantine. So basically you need to arrive before the end of next week...
Post Reply