Trans-Tasman comp to replace Super Rugby in 2021

All things Rugby
Ali's Choice

Re: Trans-Tasman comp to replace Super Rugby in 2021

Post by Ali's Choice »

Sounds like there is a lack of clarity around the current state of negotiations?
towny

Post by towny »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:10 am I got the $20m from that article - but i think it is already the COVID reduced figure, rather than due another shave. And as you say $57m was the global figure.

Optus were rumoured to have offered $30m ish ...

Either way RA will be short of their $57m.

And yep - i can confirm:
- I'm not a recruitment consultant
- I'm not a guru or Towny level PE guru (as i said above i have limited PE knowledge)
You’re done mate. You don’t know shit - you’re just cherry picking news Corp propaganda and being a negative, boastful piece of shit. Not sure why these characteristics are getting more and more common with kiwi rugby supporters - but that’s the way more of the world is viewing you guys; online and off.
towny

Post by towny »

Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:59 am Sounds like there is a lack of clarity around the current state of negotiations?
NZ came out today talking about a travel bubble - whatever has been planned would be now on the backburner. A 10 team comp is probably now Plan A.

The biggest obstacle might be giving NZR something to go back and tell the mob they won and aren’t hopeless.

One positive- we don’t have to worry about losing players to the NH for a while. I’m hoping the Reds get Itoje!
tubbyj

Post by tubbyj »

guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

towny wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:36 pm

You’re done mate. You don’t know shit - you’re just cherry picking news Corp propaganda and being a negative, boastful piece of shit. Not sure why these characteristics are getting more and more common with kiwi rugby supporters - but that’s the way more of the world is viewing you guys; online and off.
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Holy snapping duckshit Batman. You Mouth Islanders are unreal :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

towny wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:42 pm
Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:59 am Sounds like there is a lack of clarity around the current state of negotiations?
NZ came out today talking about a travel bubble - whatever has been planned would be now on the backburner. A 10 team comp is probably now Plan A.

The biggest obstacle might be giving NZR something to go back and tell the mob they won and aren’t hopeless.

One positive- we don’t have to worry about losing players to the NH for a while. I’m hoping the Reds get Itoje!
I think you're been overly critical of NZR. The reality is that NZR has worked collaboratively with both RA and the SARU for 26 years, despite plenty of arguments and difference. NZR believed that Suzie poisoned the AB's on the eve of the 1995 RWC final, yet still engaged with the SARU to start SR and the 3N the year after. So I strongly believe that NZR will be able to put the last few months of bad blood between them and RA behind them, and work hard towards a mutually beneficial future. Keeping in mind that the most vocal critics of a 10 team TT model favoured by RA, Steve Hansen, Graham Henry and a variety of NZ based media trolls, will have absolutely nothing to do with the decision making or consultation process.
towny

Post by towny »

Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:31 am
towny wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:42 pm

I think you're been overly critical of NZR. The reality is that NZR has worked collaboratively with both RA and the SARU for 26 years, despite plenty of arguments and difference. NZR believed that Suzie poisoned the AB's on the eve of the 1995 RWC final, yet still engaged with the SARU to start SR and the 3N the year after. So I strongly believe that NZR will be able to put the last few months of bad blood between them and RA behind them, and work hard towards a mutually beneficial future. Keeping in mind that the most vocal critics of a 10 team TT model favoured by RA, Steve Hansen, Graham Henry and a variety of NZ based media trolls, will have absolutely nothing to do with the decision making or consultation process.
NZR are like drunk teenagers - no accountability or self awareness.
- they lost a game and blamed a mysterious waitress
- they waited until game day to accuse the Wallabies of spying. Turns out they knew that it was bullshit and waited until game day to contact the media and police. They accuse Michael Cheika of doing it. Their own security dude was charged by police because the cops believed he invented the whole story. No apologies, explanations or retractions given.
- they lose the hosting rights for the RWC because they thought clear rules didn’t apply to them and that it was too late to change things, and then blamed everyone but themselves when the right thing happened.
- they unilaterally cancel SANZAR and bully Oz rugby into joining their new comp and coordinate a media blitz to undermine the Oz game as a negotiating tactic
- they underhandedly approach Oz clubs to see if they will split from RA and join their comp. An unbelievable dog act.
- they demand exorbitant management fees on top of the usual hosting arrangement because they think they can leverage Covid free status.
- they blame their own govt when they don’t win the rights
- they blame RA for their players missing Xmas, even though nothing was agreed and Xmas is weeks after the last game. Also, they know very well that Australia supported them in changing the schedule. Still, Australia was somehow to blame.
- they undermine referees’ careers, who have the gall to penalise their scrum
- they demand additional payments for away tests because they feel entitled to more money than anyone else
- they hold back their players from SR, which undermines the value of the comp to the fans and the sponsors
-

Plus I’ll add:
- NZ is the only part place you’ll hear stories of opposition fans being abused and spat on
- only place where players are targeted with constant abuse, which I might add, is never seriously addressed by those that are custodians of the sport
- only place where bottles are thrown onto a field when the team loses
- NZ fans are the only ones you’ll see laughing and jeering at other fans when they win

I actually like kiwis and love New Zealand, despite its flaws and insecurities. But NZR have shown themselves to be opportunistic bullies with no accountability or respect. They lie often and big. A lot of the fans are great, but on average, NZ has the lion’s share of world rugby’s scummy supporters.

NZ rugby supporters are the ones that aren’t holding NZR to account.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

towny wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:34 am NZ rugby supporters are the ones that aren’t holding NZR to account.
This reminds me of the time when Islamic terrorism was all the rage, and conservative Australian media commentators would routinely demand that Australia's Islamic community must come out in unison and decry every single time an incident of Islamist terror occurred globally.

Btw, I have been the harshest and most consistent critic of NZR on this forum, and I've copped plenty of criticism from other NZ rugby fans as a result. But for all their flaws and faults they have also successfully achieved many KPI's. They fund every level of the sport in NZ and still operate profitably. Their entire setup is geared towards keeping the All Blacks strong, and even the most loathsome anti-NZR troll would have to admit that the AB's have set the standard for all national Rugby teams over the last few decades. Their teams have also dominated the 2nd tier SR competition, winning 19 of 25 completed tournaments. Not bad given NZ's tiny population, which is around the same size as Brisbane's.

NZR is an old boys network who run NZ Rugby like their own private fiefdom. They are a poster child for nepotism, and providing jobs and opportunities for their mates. I also strongly agree that there is no accountability or transparency for their decisions and mistakes. But I cant think of a national union that has done a better job over the past 40 years.
towny

Post by towny »

Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:45 am
towny wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:34 am NZ rugby supporters are the ones that aren’t holding NZR to account.
This reminds me of the time when Islamic terrorism was all the rage, and conservative Australian media commentators would routinely demand that Australia's Islamic community must come out in unison and decry every single time an incident of Islamist terror occurred globally.

Btw, I have been the harshest and most consistent critic of NZR on this forum, and I've copped plenty of criticism from other NZ rugby fans as a result. But for all their flaws and faults they have also successfully achieved many KPI's. They fund every level of the sport in NZ and still operate profitably. Their entire setup is geared towards keeping the All Blacks strong, and even the most loathsome anti-NZR troll would have to admit that the AB's have set the standard for all national Rugby teams over the last few decades. Their teams have also dominated the 2nd tier SR competition, winning 19 of 25 completed tournaments. Not bad given NZ's tiny population, which is around the same size as Brisbane's.

NZR is an old boys network who run NZ Rugby like their own private fiefdom. They are a poster child for nepotism, and providing jobs and opportunities for their mates. I also strongly agree that there is no accountability or transparency for their decisions and mistakes. But I cant think of a national union that has done a better job over the past 40 years.
I will give you every credit for kicking NZR when they deserved it. In fact, you’re probably the first voice I heard criticising their self-serving ‘rotation’ policy.

NZ teams have been great. No doubt. Maybe this success has led some people to believe they deserve more respect than they’re need to show. Whenever it is, their behaviour in recent times has been consistently dishonest and bullying.
shanky

Post by shanky »

SARU launches scathing attack, confirms Super Rugby exit

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-unio ... 560jm.html
shanky

Post by shanky »

guy smiley wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:13 am
towny wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:36 pm

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Holy snapping duckshit Batman. You Mouth Islanders are unreal :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
Nice, but you won't top my "South Sea Irishers" epithet, for a combo of spite+pith
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

shanky wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:33 am SARU launches scathing attack, confirms Super Rugby exit

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-unio ... 560jm.html
The SARU and its associated unions threatened for years to leave Super Rugby and play up north. Every time negotiations came up they played that card. Now that they’re going they’re trying to blame NZ for that decision.

They’re gutless. Cowards, to a man. Every single Saffa male is revealed as a spineless, blustering cowardly fool by the actions of their Union here and anyone of them who doesn’t stand up and denounce these actions is meekly accepting their status as scuttlers of the very worst kind.
shanky

Post by shanky »

<captain willard and mirror gif>
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

It’s more the ceiling fan.
shanky

Post by shanky »

:lol:
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

Come on GS - they only started looking when NZ excluded them, that's what they've said.

At no point were they looking before that - even though Kings & Cheetahs were in PRO <insert no.>
Working Class Rugger

Post by Working Class Rugger »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:40 am Come on GS - they only started looking when NZ excluded them, that's what they've said.

At no point were they looking before that - even though Kings & Cheetahs were in PRO <insert no.>
And the numerous reports since there move north stating the other franchises were interested.
Peaches

Post by Peaches »

Super Rugby just lost all its athleticism.

Now its just gonna be a bunch of slow plompers without that African speed.
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

i will genuinely miss the pictures of Mumbai...
ox wagon

Post by ox wagon »

When you read Roux's actual words he didn't say much, only "but we would not have been taking this decision but for actions elsewhere", it's just stating mundane facts. NZR ended Super Rugby, there was nothing in their future plans about SA. SARU are just rescuing what they can from the new situation NZR created. FACT.

When this started I felt bad for Aussie fans, out of the original three nations it seemed like they would lose the most. But NZR have done a terrible job, acted unilaterally and without any prior agreement from any potential partners, thought RA would just roll over. Now it's being reported NZR agreed to a 6 week RC then later lied claiming they didn't agree to this, how did NZR think lying would work out well for them when all their partners were in the same room? I wouldn't be surprised if NZR end up with what they didn't want, 5 Aus teams, 1 Japanese, 5 NZ, maybe another side from somewhere, and no SA teams which was half the point of the competition for NZR going on past statements.
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

ox wagon wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:48 pm When you read Roux's actual words he didn't say much, only "but we would not have been taking this decision but for actions elsewhere", it's just stating mundane facts. NZR ended Super Rugby, there was nothing in their future plans about SA. SARU are just rescuing what they can from the new situation NZR created. FACT.

When this started I felt bad for Aussie fans, out of the original three nations it seemed like they would lose the most. But NZR have done a terrible job, acted unilaterally and without any prior agreement from any potential partners, thought RA would just roll over. Now it's being reported NZR agreed to a 6 week RC then later lied claiming they didn't agree to this, how did NZR think lying would work out well for them when all their partners were in the same room? I wouldn't be surprised if NZR end up with what they didn't want, 5 Aus teams, 1 Japanese, 5 NZ, maybe another side from somewhere, and no SA teams which was half the point of the competition for NZR going on past statements.

I wonder if the Cheetahs will end up in this Trans Tasman competition?
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

It seems NZR are charging ahead undaunted.
Next year SR Aotearoa will be 5 sides playing each other twice with a one off final, then they will potentially play two matches, home and away against the Aus sides, although they have to ask them if they want to first
Moving forward we will most likely be seeing a pasifika team added plus the Fiji Drura the Western Force and possibly even the South China Lions based out of the Bay of Plenty
Australia (apart from the force obvs) did not bother applying to join the comp, I'm assuming the 2022 one anyway
Sounds fun, I thought they wanted competitive teams?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/a ... d=12369614
RandomNavigat0r

Post by RandomNavigat0r »

jambanja wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:17 am It seems NZR are charging ahead undaunted.
Next year SR Aotearoa will be 5 sides playing each other twice with a one off final, then they will potentially play two matches, home and away against the Aus sides, although they have to ask them if they want to first
Moving forward we will most likely be seeing a pasifika team added plus the Fiji Drura the Western Force and possibly even the South China Lions based out of the Bay of Plenty
Australia (apart from the force obvs) did not bother applying to join the comp, I'm assuming the 2022 one anyway

It was all about competitive teams at first before they got "Hammertimed" by Australia and made to look like the rank amateurs they are. They wanted AUS to submit to 2 or 3 teams claiming the comp had to be at a certain level.

Then we heard they were going to bring back the Asia Pacific Dragons who had been playing Global Rapid Rugby and were consistently smashed by the Western Force. That's when we knew they were completely full of shit and a bunch of narcistic liars.

Now they are willing to include anyone they can when they realised their greatest ever internal wankfest Aotearoa cup almost sent them bankrupt and the lack of international games is about to use up every bit of the NZR cash reserves (which they like to throw in everyone's face) making the NZR about as solvent as RA.

Basically NZR are way out of their depth. Tew hightailed out of there when he realised his dream run was ending... And Robinson is just a flaky lying deer stuck in a beam of headlights about to be run over..
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

I for one am looking forward to seeing the Wuhan Hotlungs and Hawaii NoBusinessPlans playing Super Rugby Artyrola
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

LET'S GO HOTLUNGS!
WoodlandsRFC

Post by WoodlandsRFC »

jambanja wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:17 am It seems NZR are charging ahead undaunted.

Frustrating if true. This will without a doubt be a massive commercial failure. Did they even consider asking their fan base what they'd have liked to see? I have zero interest in watching those expansion teams.
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

WoodlandsRFC wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:37 am

Frustrating if true. This will without a doubt be a massive commercial failure. Did they even consider asking their fan base what they'd have liked to see? I have zero interest in watching those expansion teams.
I'm not sure about that - i think there is interest in Pasifika and Fiji teams - but a lot less in the Force or Lions.

The issue - as has been outlined a lot - is that these teams are not and will not be competitive for some time. And i don't think the fans want that.

I'm happy with SRA, with a final, and then a top of the table clash with Aus teams (maybe top 2 of each) if they are interested. Clearly RA and NZR are chasing the same teams and also have aspirations to include Fiji and Force in their comp.

As for a commercial failure - it's got to be worth less than the last Super Rugby competition played - so commercially don't see this as being better.
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

BTW - what’s Australia view that the Force and Fiji, according to this article, are playing in NZ.

Believable? More PR rubbish....
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:35 am BTW - what’s Australia view that the Force and Fiji, according to this article, are playing in NZ.

The most recent article I have read (below) says that in 2021 Super Rugby Aotearoa will operate just like this year (which makes sense given the current state of international travel between Aust and NZ) with the hope or organising a coss over series with Super Rugby AU teams if travel restrictions permit afterwards.

For 2022, NZR have said that they want to play in a bigger comp, with a minimum (no maximum has been stipulated) of 8 participating teams, and the door is very much open to RA for this to be a Trans Tasman comp if that can be worked out.

I think NZR is being very pragmatic about 2021 (it's October and everyone needs some clarity about 2020) and is also obviously very keen to continue to work with RA, both with a cross over comp in 2021 and possibly a full TT comp in 2022.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/sup ... n-for-2022
NZ Rugby chairman Brent Impey confirms five-team Super Rugby Aotearoa for 2021, expansion for 2022
Marc Hinton
19:48, Oct 01 2020

Super Rugby Aotearoa in its existing form is locked in for 2021, a crossover competition with Australia is on the wish-list and four would-be expansion franchises are being told 2022 is their earliest point of entry.

That was the upshot of an announcement by New Zealand Rugby chairman Brent Impey on Thursday evening in which he also emphatically denied reports this week that his organisation had been aware of the contentious December 12 end of the looming Rugby Championship.

Impey confirmed his board had rubber-stamped, subject to certain caveats involving broadcasters, the players’ association and the Sanzaar collective, its professional franchise competition for next year, and it would look decidedly similar to this year’s post-Covid solution, but with a couple of important improvements.

There will be finals in 2021 to follow a two-round competition involving the existing five New Zealand franchises. And there is the hope that a “crossover” competition with Australia will follow that.

“Yesterday there was a board resolution to have a five-team Super Rugby competition, subject to ongoing dialogue with the Players Association, Sanzaar, Sky and others. We’re not quite ready to make an official announcement but will be doing that in coming days.”

Impey said NZ Rugby had noted fans’ enthusiasm for the 2020 Aotearoa competition and as a result they would roll out a two-round league with finals. “We will continue with afternoon kickoffs and will continue if we can to put our fans first as we look to add further innovations.

”We also want to continue with Australia in a crossover competition of some kind once Rugby Australia 2021 has been completed.”

The NZR chairman, though, confirmed the mooted expansion to make way for a Pasifika team of some form, and possibly others, would not take place next year.

“There has been a lot of speculation around our keenness to include a Pasifika team in Super Rugby, and we’re still committed to getting that across the line at some point. But the board believes we must get this right,” he added.

“Yesterday the NZR board short-listed four preferred [candidates] for 2022 and beyond, subject to those caveats mentioned previously. We hope to announce them shortly, but some are subject to commercial confidentiality at this point.

“The board is committed to approving a minimum of three teams from the shortlist, with that decision to be made on 30 November.”

In terms of the makeup of those potential expansion franchises, all Impey could say was: “They are a combination of New Zealand and broadly Pasifika-based teams around the Asia-Pacific region. It’s not just New Zealand [teams] and not just Pasifika.”

Told the Hawaii-based Kanaloa outfit had indicated they were ready to proceed next year, Impey reiterated NZR’s view: “The board wasn’t satisfied at this point that any of applicants were able to put a team or provide the necessary financial backing. The last thing we want is for any team to come in and get smashed. Yes, there were parties that wanted licences for 2021, but we considered ... none were ready.”

Impey also emphatically denied a recent media report that indicated that NZ Rugby had been aware of and had even signed off on an “agreed” December 12 end date to the upcoming Rugby Championship.

NZ Rugby has said all along it had only ever agreed to a December 5 conclusion to TRC which would get its All Blacks home in time to spend Christmas with their families, following a border isolation period.

“I’m chairman of Sanzaar and there has not been a Sanzaar board meeting since August 4,” said Impey in reference to the leaked minutes from a CEOs meeting on September 17 that appeared to show NZR had agreed to the December 12 conclusion.

“The notes that have been published are not board minutes and have got a fundamental error in them as far as we’re concerned that says the six-week draw was agreed by all. I can tell you it wasn’t. We know that and Rugby Australia and Sanzaar know that because we kept telling them right up until the time they announced the draw.

“The notes also quite clearly refer to an impasse and there are many emails that prove this. So our position has never changed. Having said that, our focus is trying to get this TRC issue sorted and we’re not going to bother to engage in tit-for-tat on so-called notes which weren’t minutes and weren’t board minutes either.

“[But] we do challenge those who have made comments concerning NZR’s integrity. We defend our position and we’re firm on it.”

Impey confirmed NZR chief executive Mark Robinson continued to work diligently on a solution to the Rugby Championship schedule impasse.

“Mark is dealing with that issue on a daily, hourly basis. There are a number of potential solutions. We haven’t got one we can table now but it’s top of mind.”

In terms of the trans-Tasman relationship and any hope of getting a mutually agreeable crossover competition sorted for 2021, Impey was defiantly positive.

“The situation regarding Australia has been beaten up … they didn’t want to be involved in our expression of interest process. But as far as we are concerned we have the door open to them in dialogue around a crossover competition once Super Rugby Aotearoa is over in 2021 and also on a trans-Tasman type competition [further down the track].”

“We’ve got to remember they’ve got their own challenges. For example, as we speak they haven’t got a broadcast deal. We’re leaving ball in their court for them to open up that dialogue.”

Impey said he regarded his Australian cohort Hamish McClennan’s comment on Sky this week that the trans-Tasman relationship was at its “lowest ebb” as pure “banter”.

“The relationship isn’t bad at all. We’ve had a couple of Zoom meetings which have been positive. I saw [his comments] on The Breakdown and I’m pretty relaxed about it.”

But he did concede working together was in both unions’ best interests. “There are no relationship hurdles as far we’re concerned. But it did make reasonable headlines in Aussie media ... so be it.”
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

ox wagon wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:48 pm When you read Roux's actual words he didn't say much, only "but we would not have been taking this decision but for actions elsewhere", it's just stating mundane facts. NZR ended Super Rugby, there was nothing in their future plans about SA. SARU are just rescuing what they can from the new situation NZR created. FACT.

Ox, karma has a way of exerting itself.
Matt Henjak

Post by Matt Henjak »

SMH reporting Foxtel have now lodged a bid similar to what they were paying before.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Zakar wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:29 am I for one am looking forward to seeing the Wuhan Hotlungs and Hawaii NoBusinessPlans playing Super Rugby Artyrola
I never liked you much, but you're growing on me.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Matt Henjak wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:26 am SMH reporting Foxtel have now lodged a bid similar to what they were paying before.
quelle surprise
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Matt Henjak wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:26 am SMH reporting Foxtel have now lodged a bid similar to what they were paying before.
For what? Super Rugby AU? A Trans Tasman comp?
Brumbie_Steve

Post by Brumbie_Steve »

Thomas wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:45 am LET'S GO HOTLUNGS!
Isn't she the nurse with the big tits in MASH?
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:44 am
kiwigreg369 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:35 am BTW - what’s Australia view that the Force and Fiji, according to this article, are playing in NZ.

The most recent article I have read (below) says that in 2021 Super Rugby Aotearoa will operate just like this year (which makes sense given the current state of international travel between Aust and NZ) with the hope or organising a coss over series with Super Rugby AU teams if travel restrictions permit afterwards.

For 2022, NZR have said that they want to play in a bigger comp, with a minimum (no maximum has been stipulated) of 8 participating teams, and the door is very much open to RA for this to be a Trans Tasman comp if that can be worked out.

I think NZR is being very pragmatic about 2021 (it's October and everyone needs some clarity about 2020) and is also obviously very keen to continue to work with RA, both with a cross over comp in 2021 and possibly a full TT comp in 2022.

Not sure if that is the case, they are making the decision on the 30/11, re the teams who will play in 2022, RA haven’t even but in a bid
Rugby Australia took great offence to New Zealand Rugby's expressions of interest approach to Super Rugby next year and, therefore, did not apply to join the competition.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

jambanja wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:02 pm Not sure if that is the case, they are making the decision on the 30/11, re the teams who will play in 2022, RA haven’t even but in a bid
I know you are utterly desperate for a TT comp to fail, and for RA and NZR to wage war with each other, but the reality is that there is an incredible amount of time between now and when a TT comp could start, which would be 2022 at the earliest. Brett Impey's comments today were very positive towards RA. A TT comp will happen, that much is certain. Meanwhile you can enjoy watching your beloved South African teams playing against Trevisio and Zebre :thumbup:
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:08 pm
jambanja wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:02 pm Not sure if that is the case, they are making the decision on the 30/11, re the teams who will play in 2022, RA haven’t even but in a bid
I know you are utterly desperate for a TT comp to fail, and for RA and NZR to wage war with each other, but the reality is that there is an incredible amount of time between now and when a TT comp could start, which would be 2022 at the earliest. Brett Impey's comments today were very positive towards RA. A TT comp will happen, that much is certain. Meanwhile you can enjoy watching your beloved South African teams playing against Trevisio and Zebre :thumbup:
As I’ve already explained to you but it’s not getting through, I live here, so it’s very much in my interests for a successful comp of some sort to get set up in the area, have a rea of the article in the Herald, which is where my quote came from.
NZR asked for applications to join the competition, apart from the Force, none other have been forthcoming fromRA, so the board is making the decision on the 4 that have made it through the screening process and they will release their decision on the 30/11
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

jambanja wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:23 pm
Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:08 pm
As I’ve already explained to you but it’s not getting through, I live here, so it’s very much in my interests for a successful comp of some sort to get set up in the area, have a rea of the article in the Herald, which is where my quote came from.
Yes I know you live in NZ. You also spent your first decade as a poster on this forum continually trolling NZ Rugby, and big-noting South African Rugby any chance you had. Forgive me if I don't believe for a second that you have NZR's best interests at heart. I guess we will have to see what happens?
towny

Post by towny »

If true, New Zealand will be furious! Any journo that wants an easy front page story just needs to ring Steve Hansen and ask for a comment.