Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 38  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:00 pm 

towny wrote:
Kiwis sounding like the ex gf whose plan to get back with you is to tell you that she wasn’t being a bitch and you should appreciate her more. Sure, she’s controlling, painful and awful company, but she’s doing this all for you. Why can’t you understand that.

Meanwhile Oz rugby is at the pub trying to meet some other birds, but getting the shits with the constant text messages. Hope NZ is okay when they see our cock getting sucked by some new mob, but I suspect they are going to go full Bunny-boiler.

The analogy is good but I think you have it some what reversed.

The AR is very much the long-term wife or girlfriend who has finally received an honest answer to the question “does my bum look big in this?”. She is now talking to anyone who will listen about how hurt she is, including her heavily tanned and botoxed Saffer friend Susie. Susie and others are busy telling her that she’s always been too good for him while secretly weighing their own options to seduce him.

Meanwhile AR is becoming more and more anxious because she realizes she has been punching above her weight with her much more attractive partner and will never do better. She knows in her heart that all of their friends prefer to hang out with him and that is unlikely she will get custody of their only child, who has decided to be with his dad for the last 18 years.

Desperate for validation AR then puts on the lipstick, turns down the lights and switches on the WebCam, then weeps softly to herself when no one tunes in to watch.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:24 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
towny wrote:
Kiwis sounding like the ex gf whose plan to get back with you is to tell you that she wasn’t being a bitch and you should appreciate her more. Sure, she’s controlling, painful and awful company, but she’s doing this all for you. Why can’t you understand that.

Meanwhile Oz rugby is at the pub trying to meet some other birds, but getting the shits with the constant text messages. Hope NZ is okay when they see our cock getting sucked by some new mob, but I suspect they are going to go full Bunny-boiler.

The AR is very much the long-term wife or girlfriend who has finally received an honest answer to the question “does my bum look big in this?”. She is now talking to anyone who will listen about how hurt she is, including her heavily tanned and botoxed Saffer friend Susie. Susie and others are busy telling her that she’s always been too good for him while secretly weighing their own options to seduce him.

Meanwhile AR is becoming more and more anxious because she realizes she has been punching above her weight with her much more attractive partner and will never do better. She knows in her heart that all of their friends prefer to hang out with him and that is unlikely she will get custody of their only child, who has decided to be with his dad for the last 18 years.

Desperate for validation AR then puts on the lipstick, turns down the lights and switches on the WebCam, then weeps softly to herself when no one tunes in to watch.

Is AR your missus initials?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:54 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
towny wrote:

Didn’t read that. Too busy moving on. You should too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:59 pm 

towny wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
towny wrote:

Didn’t read that. Too busy moving on. You should too.

Then stop sending me those pictures.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:43 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
towny wrote:

That's the true analogy but you've forgotten a few details.
That was 20 years ago. As good looking as he was he hasn't aged well and currently furloughed. She on the other hand had lost weight and have aged well. Looks better in middle-age than in 20s. Their only child loved the father more coz he was the house husband whilst she was busy working hard in her career which made her really rich. Now he's asking for maintenance. What a loser.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:32 pm 

NZR CEO has given an update to the stalled planning for their future competition structure. https://youtu.be/VCyo_6kFbwk

“They dudn't hev to cut us off. Make out like it nivver heppened and thet we were nothing. And we don't even need theer love, but they treat us like a stranger and thet feels so rough. No, they didn't hev to stoop so low. Hev theer frinds collict theer ricords and thin change theer number. I guess thet we don't need thet though. Now we’re just somebody thet they use to know.”

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:41 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
said something interesting

Time to move on lad. Whatever we had, it is gone.

If there was an opportunity for greater, it was lost.

This is just greed driven bullshit. Mistakes were made.

It is unlikely they shall now be corrected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxPafaCRi1U

Last edited by Ellafan on Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:45 pm 

towny wrote:
NZR CEO has given an update to the stalled planning for their future competition structure. https://youtu.be/VCyo_6kFbwk

“They dudn't hev to cut us off. Make out like it nivver heppened and thet we were nothing. And we don't even need theer love, but they treat us like a stranger and thet feels so rough. No, they didn't hev to stoop so low. Hev theer frinds collict theer ricords and thin change theer number. I guess thet we don't need thet though. Now we’re just somebody thet they use to know.”

:lol: But you have reversed the lines there. In the song it is the Aussie saying that. Then the Kiwi comes in with this

Quote:
Now and then I think of all the times you screwed me over
But had me believing it was always something that I'd done
But I don't wanna live that way
Reading into every word you say
You said that you could let it go
And I wouldn't catch you hung up on somebody that you used to know

Works very well.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:48 pm 

Ellafan wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
said something interesting

Time to move on lad. Whatever we had, it is gone.

If there was an opportunity for greater, it was lost.

This is just greed driven bullshit. Mistakes were made.

It is unlikely they shall now be corrected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY1V0Y7hscw

I’m still hopeful sense will prevail beyond the headlines. CI’s comment made me sad when thinking just what a beauty she was 20 years back.

Staying in the musical theme.

https://youtu.be/VV1XWJN3nJo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:50 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
towny wrote:

:lol: But you have reversed the lines there. In the song it is the Aussie saying that. Then the Kiwi comes in with this

Quote:
Now and then I think of all the times you screwed me over
But had me believing it was always something that I'd done
But I don't wanna live that way
Reading into every word you say
You said that you could let it go
And I wouldn't catch you hung up on somebody that you used to know

Works very well.

You’re the ones chasing Australia, who’s moved on? Please understand who you are in the ‘crazy ex gf’ analogy.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:51 pm 

At least you're listening.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:53 pm 

Ellafan wrote:

Yes, learned that from “Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus”. You are doing great.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:58 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
Ellafan wrote:

Yes, learned that from “Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus”. You are doing great.

I was hoping you'd learned to read the judgement, instead of quoting from some incomplete headnote (particulraly on wikipedia).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:02 pm 

Ellafan wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
Ellafan wrote:

I was hoping you'd learned to read the judgement, instead of quoting from some incomplete headnote (particulraly on wikipedia).

I thought I had led you through that well and you had improved your understanding. Where do you still have gaps?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:12 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
Ellafan wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
Ellafan wrote:

I thought I had led you through that well and you had improved your understanding. Where do you still have gaps?

Let me tell you a story, youngun'.

There were two bulls in a paddock in spring time, and the young bull (Mr Mike) said to the old bull (Ellafan) -

"I am so much younger an tougher then you, you old cunt,I'm am going to take a run up, and jump that fence into the next paddock and fuck some of those young juicy heffers in there! And the old bull said, good on you son, way you go. And he sat back and watched the young bloke tire himself out jumping that fence and having a couple of roots.

And then as he launched himself into motion, the old bull said.. "Well done lad, now I'm going to walk through the gate the farmer left open and fuck the rest of them."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:36 pm 

It’s no revelation to me that you are full of bull but I’m very flattered you are calling me young, you shameless tease.

Good luck with the leftovers.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:49 pm 

Too late.

NZR has stated what it wants, and we have left them to it. You can hardly be complain - you were handed what you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q9UafsiQ6k

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:42 pm 

I like the cathartic musical direction this is going, time for Bob to channel Stan Hansen.

https://youtu.be/WOP6R3JvNHg

Quote:
You've got a lotta nerve to say you are my friend
When I was down you just stood there grinnin'
You've got a lotta nerve to say you got a helping hand to lend
You just want to be on the side that's winnin'

You say I let you down, ya know its not like that
If you're so hurt, why then don't you show it?
You say you've lost your faith, but that's not where its at
You have no faith to lose, and ya know it

I know the reason, that you talked behind my back
I used to be among the crowd you're in with
Do you take me for such a fool, to think I'd make contact
With the one who tries to hide what he don't know to begin with?

You see me on the street, you always act surprised
You say "how are you?", "good luck", but ya don't mean it
When you know as well as me, you'd rather see me paralyzed
Why don't you just come out once and scream it

No, I do not feel that good when I see the heartbreaks you embrace
If I was a master thief perhaps I'd rob them
And tho I know you're dissatisfied with your position and your place
Don't you understand, its not my problem?

I wish that for just one time you could stand inside my shoes
And just for that one moment I could be you
Yes, I wish that for just one time you could stand inside my shoes
You'd know what a drag it is to see you

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:02 pm 

Nice song. We’re at the pub..... 😉

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:06 pm 

Great, the benefits of being seven hours ahead. Stop obsessing, put down the phone and enjoy it. I’ll raise a Kingfisher to you all over my curry in a few hours.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:25 pm 

Sorry. New phone - who dis?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:32 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
I like the cathartic musical direction this is going, time for Bob to channel Stan Hansen.

https://youtu.be/WOP6R3JvNHg

Quote:
You've got a lotta nerve to say you are my friend
When I was down you just stood there grinnin'
You've got a lotta nerve to say you got a helping hand to lend
You just want to be on the side that's winnin'

You say I let you down, ya know its not like that
If you're so hurt, why then don't you show it?
You say you've lost your faith, but that's not where its at
You have no faith to lose, and ya know it

I know the reason, that you talked behind my back
I used to be among the crowd you're in with
Do you take me for such a fool, to think I'd make contact
With the one who tries to hide what he don't know to begin with?

You see me on the street, you always act surprised
You say "how are you?", "good luck", but ya don't mean it
When you know as well as me, you'd rather see me paralyzed
Why don't you just come out once and scream it

No, I do not feel that good when I see the heartbreaks you embrace
If I was a master thief perhaps I'd rob them
And tho I know you're dissatisfied with your position and your place
Don't you understand, its not my problem?

I wish that for just one time you could stand inside my shoes
And just for that one moment I could be you
Yes, I wish that for just one time you could stand inside my shoes
You'd know what a drag it is to see you

Positively 4 Teams (at best, 2-3 would be preferred)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:35 pm 

towny wrote:
Sorry. New phone - who dis?

Been drinking, getting later, continuing to reach out. This has the familiar tone of a booty call in the making.

Ok. You and one friend only, anymore than two and the quality drops away. And I’m not spooning after.

:thumbup: Naki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:52 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BE0D9geu2o

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:57 pm 

Denzil’s already on our side

https://youtu.be/WeHIGTEL7dM

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:33 pm 

towny wrote:
Dan54. wrote:

How do you know there was no discussion? Also, Sunwolves were in the comp the last few years and the Drua were in the NRC, so RA asked all of the teams.

Is this really all you’ve got? NZR acted like arseholes - don’t try to mitigate this with make believe bullsh*t.

World
Politics
Pacific
Te Ao Māori
Sport
Business
Country
Local Democracy Reporting
Comment & Analysis
In Depth
Weather
SPORT17 Jul 2020
Aratipu report: New Super Rugby competition including Pacific team recommended
4:18 pm on 17 July 2020
Share this
Share on Twitter
Share on Facebook
Share via email
Share on Reddit
Share on Linked In
A new Super Rugby competition minus South Africa but including a Pasifika team is being promoted by New Zealand Rugby.

Codie Taylor of the Crusaders is tackled by Ofa Tu�ungafasi and Josh Goodhue of the Blues during the Super Rugby Aotearoa, Crusaders V Blues, at Orangetheory Stadium, Christchurch, New Zealand, 11th July 2020. The Aratipu review has recommended a new Super Rugby competition comprising of the five New Zealand franchises, a Pasific team as well as Australian teams. Photo: Photosport Ltd 2020
The Aratipu review recommended the new competition be established from 2021.

The competition would involve the current five New Zealand super rugby franchises and "we will also be working with Rugby Australia to seek expressions of interest from their current Super clubs and other interested parties to join the competition," said New Zealand Rugby chief executive Mark Robinson.

"As well, there is a huge desire to have a Pasifika team involved which we think will be massive for the competition, popular with fans and is a priority for us. As we know, our Pacific nations and Pasifika players in New Zealand have added so much to the rich history of rugby in Oceania and our game here in New Zealand. To have a team that would provide an additional pathway for Pasifika players to perform on the world stage would be hugely exciting," Robinson said.

Where does it say Aus have to drop teams? All Aus teams get an EOI, and anyone else who wants one (see Western Force) as they weren't in Super rugby (RA kicked them out). Also seems he says will be working with RA. Still you go for it and get your tits in a tangle Towny, don't let facts get in the way of your argument!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:04 pm 

Mr Mike trying to take Towny on at shit-talking reminds me of Rob Davies' wallabies debut.

Last edited by Zakar on Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:07 pm 

Quote:
we will also be working with Rugby Australia to seek expressions of interest from their current Super clubs and other interested parties to join the competition," said New Zealand Rugby chief executive Mark Robinson.

As I said, NZR saw that both parties needed a TT comp and instead of talking it over with RA they sneakily put together a TT structure first in order to get all they wanted and hope RA would panic and beg to be included.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:28 pm 

Zakar wrote:
Mr Mike trying to take Towny on at shit-talking reminds me of Rob Davies' wallabies debut.

An Aussie with skinny calves getting smashed by a Pacific Islander? That's what I'm seeing as well :nod:

(or alternatively both parties are funny, and are having fun. Not like some on this thread)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:58 pm 

naki wrote:
Zakar wrote:

An Aussie with skinny calves getting smashed by a Pacific Islander? That's what I'm seeing as well :nod:

(or alternatively both parties are funny, and are having fun. Not like some on this thread)

I certainly hope both of us were having fun but if not at least I enjoyed myself. Very much like my honeymoon.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:36 pm 

This thread has the same feel as the Israel Folau thread when all the Aussie posters were claiming he didn't have a case and he wouldn't get a cent.

They had faith AR was going to stand strong and not cave then as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:40 pm 

tubbyj wrote:
This thread has the same feel as the Israel Folau thread when all the Aussie posters were claiming he didn't have a case and he wouldn't get a cent.

That's not how I remember the Folau thread at all. There was a wide range of views, including lots of posters who supported Israel's right to tweet whatever he felt like tweeting. Some posters thought RA would be liable for many millions in compensation. Most posters were disappointed in his behaviour and hoped that it didn't cost RA too much.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:53 pm 

tubbyj wrote:

Good point.

So that makes NZR the Folau character in this scenario?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:08 am 

CrazyIslander wrote:
Quote:
we will also be working with Rugby Australia to seek expressions of interest from their current Super clubs and other interested parties to join the competition," said New Zealand Rugby chief executive Mark Robinson.

As I said, NZR saw that both parties needed a TT comp and instead of talking it over with RA they sneakily put together a TT structure first in order to get all they wanted and hope RA would panic and beg to be included.

It could be, I tend to think NZR and RA have been talking all the time, and RA are making sure NZR cop the shit when they drop Rebels or whoever from comp, they can't afford 4 teams, they need Twiggy to pay for Force and then they have only 3 teams to pay for. Or maybe they weren't actually almost bankrupt at beginning of year and they have got more money than they been letting on, one of reasons McLennan want PI team in Sydney , can say look we still got 5 teams based in Oz. Don't get me wrong NZR will be trying to get what they want, would be piss poor if they didn't.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:27 am 

Dan54. wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
Quote:

It could be, I tend to think NZR and RA have been talking all the time, and RA are making sure NZR cop the shit when they drop Rebels or whoever from comp, they can't afford 4 teams, they need Twiggy to pay for Force and then they have only 3 teams to pay for. Or maybe they weren't actually almost bankrupt at beginning of year and they have got more money than they been letting on, one of reasons McLennan want PI team in Sydney , can say look we still got 5 teams based in Oz. Don't get me wrong NZR will be trying to get what they want, would be piss poor if they didn't.

Why should NZR care that RA can't afford 5 teams. That's RA's responsibility. What NZR wants is an access to the Aust market but keep the greater part of revenue. They can't do that without Aust teams in the comp. That's why they tried to talk directly to the Aust SR teams.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:31 am 

As an aside, I am glad that none of the posters on this thread are representing either NZR or RA in the ongoing negotiations.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:34 am 

Dan54. wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
Quote:

Could be one way to put it

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:36 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
As an aside, I am glad that none of the posters on this thread are representing either NZR or RA in the ongoing negotiations.

Yeah last thing you want is for your union to grow the game and produce something fans and advertisers want :|

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:38 am 

grievous wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:

Yeah last thing you want is for your union to grow the game and produce something fans and advertisers want :|

Your response perfectly illustrates my point. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:42 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
grievous wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:

Your response perfectly illustrates my point. Thank you.

You seem a little confused.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 38  Next