All things Rugby
Bindi

Farce v. Brumbies

Post by Bindi »

Go the FORCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MungoMan

Re: Farce v. Brumbies

Post by MungoMan »

Bindi wrote:Go the FORCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Led out by JC-D. A good sign.
Bindi

Post by Bindi »

Game over.
Bindi

Post by Bindi »

Ponies could put up 100 here.
Auckman

Post by Auckman »

I think Twiggy needs to buy more players. This is not a good advertisement for 5 teams. :P
Auckman

Post by Auckman »

The Force's problems begin with the Nedlands uniform they have on. Terrible.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Assuming the Wallabies play sometime in the next year, is there a chance Samu will be considered seriously for a starting spot now that Spaka - sorry, Cheika - is gone?
sonic_attack

Post by sonic_attack »

Auckman wrote:I think Twiggy needs to buy more players. This is not a good advertisement for 5 teams. :P
If he has a future in a worthwhile comp he likely would. He's already created an entire competition so his team can play.

Nice little stadium though. What/where is it?
Auckman

Post by Auckman »

sonic_attack wrote:
Auckman wrote:I think Twiggy needs to buy more players. This is not a good advertisement for 5 teams. :P
If he has a future in a worthwhile comp he likely would. He's already created an entire competition so his team can play.

Leichhart oval in Sydney. I think the Force are based there as I think the WA border is still closed or something.
towny

Post by towny »

I think he’s got his eye on Cruden and Coles.
towny

Post by towny »

Any Oz fan that doesn’t want Samu at 8 for the Wobs should be banned.
shanky

Post by shanky »

I think Matt Giteau was a better player than he is a ref.
shanky

Post by shanky »

I’ve always liked Andrew Ready

He looks exactly like the bloke from 4th grade who’s been given his big chance.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

shanky wrote:I think Matt Giteau was a better player than he is a ref.
I'd rather see Matt Henjak as ref. That would be fun.

Team captain gets argumentative and disrespectful. Team captain wakes up flat on back with a mouthful of blood and loose teeth.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

sonic_attack wrote:

Pukekohe

shanky

Post by shanky »

MungoMan wrote:
shanky wrote:I think Matt Giteau was a better player than he is a ref.
I'd rather see Matt Henjak as ref. That would be fun.

Team captain gets argumentative and disrespectful. Team captain wakes up flat on back with a mouthful of blood and loose teeth.
:lol:
shanky

Post by shanky »

That Kahui is a dreamboat alright.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Aaaargh. Ready you fat fúck! :x
shanky

Post by shanky »

Honestly, this ref is pants

He does OK at Shute shiled or NRC normally but he’s just making random decisions here
WoodlandsRFC

Post by WoodlandsRFC »

Brumbies win this comp, heck, they'd give any NZ team a challenge, it's a bugger about this covid bullshit, was backing the Pony's to be there or there abouts
shanky

Post by shanky »

Pretty good game in the end

Well done Brumbies. Too good

Force no-names held their heads up though. The Brumbies have got 6-7 Wallabies and the Force have kept them honest.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

shanky wrote:Pretty good game in the end

Force no-names held their heads up though. The Brumbies have got 6-7 Wallabies and the Force have kept them honest.
Yeah. No doubt sonic cunt and his mates will be in here to lecture us soon, but ...

Do you think it has occurred to them that by not having their teams in our comp, our comp becomes more competitive and attractive?

I think the subtlety of that will be lost on them, because, at the end of the day, NZ is the only country on the planet where rugby is the chav/bogan game.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Ellafan wrote:

Yeah. No doubt sonic cunt and his mates will be in here to lecture us soon, but ...

Do you think it has occurred to them that by not having their teams in our comp, our comp becomes more competitive and attractive?

I think the subtlety of that will be lost on them, because, at the end of the day, NZ is the only country on the planet where rugby is the chav/bogan game.
Rugby is the national game in NZ which means you get bogans and chavs into the bargain, which is a key distinction. It's also (arguably) the national game in Wales. It's definitely the main game of white South Africa, but taken as a whole their game is football.
Farva

Post by Farva »

jdogscoop wrote:
Ellafan wrote:

Rugby is the national game in NZ which means you get bogans and chavs into the bargain, which is a key distinction. It's also (arguably) the national game in Wales. It's definitely the main game of white South Africa, but taken as a whole their game is football.
So the National game of NZ, a principality and an apartheid state
Farva

Post by Farva »

Anyway Force looked reasonable but just couldn’t land that last pass and that cost them.

Tom Wright, Pete Samu and Rob Valentini are guns.

Ferris really stood up too.
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Force decent enough, but Brumbies a class above.

Samu, Wright, Simone, Valentini were fantastic.

Kunzle didn't look like someone making their first start.
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

WoodlandsRFC wrote:Brumbies win this comp, heck, they'd give any NZ team a challenge, it's a bugger about this covid bullshit, was backing the Pony's to be there or there abouts
Agreed, looking great. They should have one of the two spots nailed down.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Mr Mike wrote:
WoodlandsRFC wrote:Brumbies win this comp, heck, they'd give any NZ team a challenge, it's a bugger about this covid bullshit, was backing the Pony's to be there or there abouts
Agreed, looking great. They should have one of the two spots nailed down.
Of course.

The Tahs may be shithouse and the Force battling their way back to consistency at this level but let's not forget the Aussie sides have beaten Kiwi sides recently, including the Rebels v Highlanders in Dunedin.
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

It was great to see Samu finally getting more involved... had been quiet the first couple of games of the new season.

Valetini, Powell, Simone and Wright all had stellar games too.

There's some fantastic wing stocks at the Brumbies... I was expecting more from Kata after his form earlier in the year, but I think Muirhead, despite being the size of Kata's thighs, has his number.

Mack Hansen too is so elusive with the ball.

But at this stage I would have both Valetini and Wright as Wallaby starters. :nod:
shanky

Post by shanky »

Slim 293 wrote:It was great to see Samu finally getting more involved... had been quiet the first couple of games of the new season.

There's some fantastic wing stocks at the Brumbies... I was expecting more from Kata after his form earlier in the year, but I think Muirhead, despite being the size of Kata's thighs, has his number.

But at this stage I would have both Valetini and Wright as Wallaby starters. :nod:
I'm sure you would... :)

Samu? Faingaa?
Mog The Almighty

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Who was the f-ck-knuckle doing the main commentary? Sounded like Voss from Rugby League. Phil Kearns sounded like the calm and restrained voice of reason in comparison.
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Someone craves mediocrity. :twisted:
Olo

Post by Olo »

MungoMan wrote:Assuming the Wallabies play sometime in the next year, is there a chance Samu will be considered seriously for a starting spot now that Spaka - sorry, Cheika - is gone?
Best on pitch.........no fear.
Olo

Post by Olo »

shanky wrote:
Slim 293 wrote:It was great to see Samu finally getting more involved... had been quiet the first couple of games of the new season.

Samu? Faingaa?
Faingaa was toast. Not test material and more than a little unscrupulous in this game. Is that a new thing?
SAMU was a beast. Back row stocks look very good. Valentini is warming up. Need to find the right balance in a Wob back row. There are a lot of players putting up their hands. All 3 starters at the Reds have also been good and that Hooper bloke at the Tahs isn’t bad on his day.
rett

Post by rett »

Enzedder wrote:
Someone craves mediocrity. :twisted:

Mediocre would be a significant improvement for the Tahs right now.
grievous

Post by grievous »

Olo wrote:
shanky wrote:

Samu? Faingaa?
Faingaa was toast. Not test material and more than a little unscrupulous in this game. Is that a new thing?
SAMU was a beast. Back row stocks look very good. Valentini is warming up. Need to find the right balance in a Wob back row. There are a lot of players putting up their hands. All 3 starters at the Reds have also been good and that Hooper bloke at the Tahs isn’t bad on his day.
Samu has been proven too small at test level in the 8 position.
Olo

Post by Olo »

grievous wrote:
Olo wrote:
shanky wrote:

Samu? Faingaa?
I reckon I would have him on the bench covering all three positions.
grievous

Post by grievous »

Olo wrote:
grievous wrote:
Olo wrote:
shanky wrote:

Samu? Faingaa?
I reckon I would have him on the bench covering all three positions.
Sure but we need to start with a ball runner, that should be the key attribute of a number 8 we put out. Effective ball runners have not come from front row or second row for Wallabies in recent times.
Olo

Post by Olo »

Personally I would throw Harry Wilson straight in there. He has a great running/offloading game and plenty of grunt. He’s young but destined to be our 8 man. He may as well start now.
Mog The Almighty

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Olo wrote:Personally I would throw Harry Wilson straight in there. He has a great running/offloading game and plenty of grunt. He’s young but destined to be our 8 man. He may as well start now.
Yes, for sure.

The question mark is around Naisarani at eight, not Samu. Samu is not the future for the Wallabies at number eight, plain and simple, so why select him there in a rebuilding phase?

Australian packs have suffered far too long from selecting talented open-sides all across our back-row. It's time to draw a line in the sand and start doing it properly. Samu had a good game and he's a great player but he's just not a test #8. I think he's more of a #7 than anything else, even though I'm aware he's spent a lot of time in the other two backrow slots. In any case, he's a gift of an option as a utility player off the bench. But we have options at eight that are better for team balance and with an eye on the future, even if they're not yet quite as good individually on the stat sheet or highlight reel (and that's arguable tbh).