Melbourne Rebels 29 NSW Waratahs 10 - Spoiler Alert!

All things Rugby
jdogscoop

Melbourne Rebels 29 NSW Waratahs 10 - Spoiler Alert!

Post by jdogscoop »

The reason I am posting this score is because many Australian, NZ - and international - fans don't rate the Melbourne Rebels or the Western Force, despite the fact they have upset the apple cart in the past and continue to do so.

The Rebels dominated the NSW Waratahs tonight in winning 29-10.

If you listen to a lot of pundits in this part of the world, they think the Rebels and Force shouldn't exist. The only Australian teams worth respecting are Queensland, NSW and ACT.

The score tonight shows that simply isn't accurate.

Well done, Rebels.
Last edited by jdogscoop on Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
sonic_attack

Re: Melbourne Rebels 29 NSW Waratahs 10

Post by sonic_attack »

It's pretty clear from that review you didn't actually watch the game, you just saw the score posted somewhere.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

sonic_attack wrote:It's pretty clear from that review you didn't actually watch the game, you just saw the score posted somewhere.
I am a Rebels fan and watched it from start to finish.
sonic_attack

Post by sonic_attack »

Congrats on the win and all, but that was about the most inept gutless NSW performance in probably their entire history.

Australian rugby is in more trouble than you think if that's to be considered a dominant performance from a side that simply didn't screw everything up like NSW did last night.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

sonic_attack wrote:Congrats on the win and all, but that was about the most inept gutless NSW performance in probably their entire history.

Australian rugby is in more trouble than you think if that's to be considered a dominant performance from a side that simply didn't screw everything up like NSW did last night.
So you didn't watch the second last week?
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

sonic_attack wrote:Congrats on the win and all, but that was about the most inept gutless NSW performance in probably their entire history.

I thought Melbourne was in control. NSW defended well, and it was a good game of code.

Of course, the Landers are my favourite Super Rugby team but I am mature enough to watch both competitions and enjoy the respective quality of play.
sonic_attack

Post by sonic_attack »

I watched 3/4 of a Reds V Force game last week that showed infinitely more skill from both sides than what was presented tonight.

Good on the Rebels for getting one over NSW, but they were playing a team that looked like they didn't even try to turn up. Hardly the game to be pointing out how terrific the Rebels are.
grievous

Post by grievous »

sonic_attack wrote:I watched 3/4 of a Reds V Force game last week that showed infinitely more skill from both sides than what was presented tonight.

Good on the Rebels for getting one over NSW, but they were playing a team that looked like they didn't even try to turn up. Hardly the game to be pointing out how terrific the Rebels are.
What is your other login?
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

sonic_attack wrote:I watched 3/4 of a Reds V Force game last week that showed infinitely more skill from both sides than what was presented tonight.

I didn't say they were terrific, only that they deserved to be mentioned in the same conversation as the ACT, Reds and Tahs.

A lot of Kiwi supporters write off the Force and Rebels without actually watching them.
Mog The Almighty

Post by Mog The Almighty »

For F-CK'S SAKE mate.

I'm half way through downloading that. It's 4 GIGS and I'm on a shitty modem connection out in the country side.

Thanks a f**king lot. Keep it out of the bloody thread title next time you nitwit.
Murdoch

Post by Murdoch »

More reason for NZ to go it alone.
akann

Post by akann »

Mog The Almighty wrote:For F-CK'S SAKE mate.

I'm half way through downloading that. It's 4 GIGS and I'm on a shitty modem connection out in the country side.

Thanks a f**king lot. Keep it out of the bloody thread title next time you nitwit.
Tbf, you would have to be a nitwit to jump on a rugby forum when you don't want to know the score.
towny

Post by towny »

You dodged a bullet.
towny

Post by towny »

Murdoch wrote:More reason for NZ to go it alone.
:thumbup:
Mog The Almighty

akann wrote:

Tbf, you would have to be a nitwit to jump on a rugby forum when you don't want to know the score.
I did it without thinking, and still it's common courtesy and common sense not to but spoilers in thread titles.
towny wrote:You dodged a bullet.
Meh. I'm watching it now anyway just to gauge the performances of individual players.
towny

Post by towny »

Shout out if you see your boy Hanigan do something.
Mog The Almighty

There would be no complaints from me. Good.

It would certainly add extra meaning and interest to test matches. I'd love it if all the countries main competition was a domestic one.
Mog The Almighty

towny wrote:Shout out if you see your boy Hanigan do something.
:lol: You mean my utility forward off the bench? Okay. He was selected in the all-Aussie team of the week last week. Maybe he's tired.
shanky

Post by shanky »

Personally, I would like to get hold of some of whatever angry-pills Sonic Attack is taking and give them to the Waratahs forwards

Dan54.

Post by Dan54. »

shanky wrote:Personally, I would like to get hold of some of whatever angry-pills Sonic Attack is taking and give them to the Waratahs forwards

:thumbup: They needed something didn't they shanky!!!
Dan54.

Post by Dan54. »

towny wrote:Shout out if you see your boy Hanigan do something.
Geez you would of had to watched harder than me , because I never saw it! :lol:
shanky

Post by shanky »

Dan54. wrote:
shanky wrote:Personally, I would like to get hold of some of whatever angry-pills Sonic Attack is taking and give them to the Waratahs forwards

:thumbup: They needed something didn't they shanky!!!

Yup. Absolutely dire.

Penney must be tearing his hair out.
Dan54.

Post by Dan54. »

jdogscoop wrote:
sonic_attack wrote:It's pretty clear from that review you didn't actually watch the game, you just saw the score posted somewhere.
I am a Rebels fan and watched it from start to finish.
Well I support neither team really, in Oz comp I obviously support Reds (live here), but I watched start to finish too,(but I tragic as f*** and watch all rugby) was probably disappointed as last week's games had built up my hopes more, and this was a step down in skill, intensity and rugby nous!
wamberal

Post by wamberal »

Can Suaalii play lock? Cannot remember a more inept display by a Waratahs side ever. The forwards are lightweights to a man. Hooper ran around like a headless chook and achieved nothing.

As for bloody Holloway getting a yellow minutes after coming onto the pitch, words fail me. Ugggh.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

I haven't watched the game yet, although I have recorded it so will try and watch later today

It seems like NSW is in a really bad place right now. Which is a shame. With their excellent player base and immense resources, NSW has too many advantages to stay weak for long. Hopefully they retain faith in Rob Penney and allow him another season to improve this team.
grievous

Post by grievous »

Ali's Choice wrote:I haven't watched the game yet, although I have recorded it so will try and watch later today

It seems like NSW is in a really bad place right now. Which is a shame. With their excellent player base and immense resources, NSW has too many advantages to stay weak for long. Hopefully they retain faith in Rob Penney and allow him another season to improve this team.
Clashed with the league last night eh?
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

Some really poor quality play - lineouts, stupid penalties, bad kicking.

MK in 50th game worked so hard. One of my favourite Aussie players. Glad he got the try.

BTW - I thought Ned worked hard in defence.
shanky

Post by shanky »

grievous wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:I haven't watched the game yet, although I have recorded it so will try and watch later today

Townsville Cowboys were playing at the same time. :thumbup:
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

shanky wrote:
grievous wrote:

Townsville Cowboys were playing at the same time. :thumbup:
Yup, they were playing your team, Manly.
shanky

Post by shanky »

I know

:D :twisted:
The Optimist

Post by The Optimist »

Koroibete try was pure class. Power running, ball in both hands, looking to offload, shift ball to outside hand, fend... try. :thumbup:

Masterclass.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Me 'umble 'opologies and all. But might it have been a good idea to stay away from Planet Rugby Forum if you didn't want to know the score?
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

jdogscoop wrote:

Me 'umble 'opologies and all. But might it have been a good idea to stay away from Planet Rugby Forum if you didn't want to know the score?
:lol: f**k Mog is dumb.
Mog The Almighty

:roll: Just don't put the score in the thread title so soon after a game has finished please.

There's a reason no other posters put the scores in the title. I'm sure I'm not the only one here that would appreciate the tiny bit of courtesy.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Mog The Almighty wrote::roll: Just don't put the score in the thread title so soon after a game has finished please.

There's a reason no other posters put the scores in the title. I'm sure I'm not the only one here that would appreciate the tiny bit of courtesy.
Fair enough. I've updated the thread title. Have I made it up to you?
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

jdogscoop wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote::roll: Just don't put the score in the thread title so soon after a game has finished please.

Don't be cvnty
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

CrazyIslander wrote:
jdogscoop wrote:

Don't be cvnty
I prefer cheeky. But not cheeky cheeky.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

That'd be great! :thumbup: