Steele Dossier

All things Rugby
User avatar
6.Jones
Posts: 2972
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 pm

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by 6.Jones »

shanky wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
shanky wrote:
6.Jones wrote:Meh.
Is that a Socratian disproof of idiocy?
I've never even been to Socratia.
I’ve heard it’s nice. In the Covfefe Archipelego


:lol:
Dark deals done in dimly lit coffee shops. :thumbup: Just the place for a dossier.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20709
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by shanky »

True. But in this case I suspect ‘dimly lit’ refers to the patrons, rather than the venue.
User avatar
6.Jones
Posts: 2972
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 pm

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by 6.Jones »

Yes, it seems our spies are overrated. Oh well.
User avatar
AND-y
Posts: 16204
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by AND-y »

Poor Zed and Santa :lol:
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20709
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by shanky »

6.Jones wrote:Yes, it seems our spies are overrated. Oh well.
Quite the opposite

Name three other spies who’s name has even close to the same notoriety*
- James Bond
- Sidney Reilly ‘Prince of Spies’
- Violetta Szabo
.
.
.
.
etc, daylight
.
.
- Steele





(*denotes ‘positive’ vibes rather than as a ‘traitor’, despite them being more notorious)
8)
Flyin Ryan
Posts: 10601
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Indiana

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by Flyin Ryan »

shanky wrote:Hilarious

Immediately prior to the Trump transition, the (aargh) MSM was full of stories about how the Obama administration was attempting to farm out or release the results of so-called ‘investigations’ into Trump (aka ‘leak’) because the published ‘fear’ was that Trump would ‘cover up’ or hide it.

Right there, in the ‘MSM’....You could google it even.

I guess, if you were interested.

:lol: :lol:
From what I recall, it was not the Obama administration, it was the Clinton campaign (if it was the government, I doubt they'd use an ex-British agent that was less intelligent than their own intelligence staff). The dossier ranked scandalous enough no one would print it until someone else would, at which point they were all allowed to discuss it without being the primary source.

The dossier though was not mostly discredited until early this year after the investigation into the FBI.
Flyin Ryan
Posts: 10601
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Indiana

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by Flyin Ryan »

shanky wrote:
6.Jones wrote:Yes, it seems our spies are overrated. Oh well.
Quite the opposite

Name three other spies who’s name has even close to the same notoriety*
- James Bond
- Sidney Reilly ‘Prince of Spies’
- Violetta Szabo
.
.
.
.
etc, daylight
.
.
- Steele





(*denotes ‘positive’ vibes rather than as a ‘traitor’, despite them being more notorious)
8)
Talking real life, Kim Philby surely is the most famous after Ian Fleming.

(Ah, I read your last statement.)
User avatar
paddyor
Posts: 19236
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by paddyor »

Santa wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Santa wrote:Yeah. I suspect the problem is not simply that they had a dodgy informant, which is surely pretty common. It's more that dodgy information from a dodgy informant was used in the way it was, to the extent that it was, and in the investigation that it was, without any kind of robust verification, which includes assessing the dodgy informant's dodginess.

As I have said before, you would think that if there is one investigation where you would try to do all the right things it would be investigating a political opponent. Not only did they not even try to do all the right things, they actually tried to do some of the wrong things.

And that's ignoring all of the intersection relationships between anti-Trump types.
When one dodgy won't do use 3! Santa rates the FBIs conduct 3 Del boys!

The FBI is never wrong though. They have huge discretion in what they do and that's why no one's been charged with wrong doing.
I guess we'll await Durham on that last point. No idea what you're talking about in the first.
My bad it was 4 Del boys.

This is 3 years later in some cases(McCabe etc) and McCabe was let walk by a grand jury once already. Durhams dog and pony show is for an audience of 1.
User avatar
paddyor
Posts: 19236
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by paddyor »

User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20709
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by shanky »

Flyin Ryan wrote:
shanky wrote:Hilarious

Immediately prior to the Trump transition, the (aargh) MSM was full of stories about how the Obama administration was attempting to farm out or release the results of so-called ‘investigations’ into Trump (aka ‘leak’) because the published ‘fear’ was that Trump would ‘cover up’ or hide it.

Right there, in the ‘MSM’....You could google it even.

I guess, if you were interested.

:lol: :lol:
From what I recall, it was not the Obama administration, it was the Clinton campaign (if it was the government, I doubt they'd use an ex-British agent that was less intelligent than their own intelligence staff). The dossier ranked scandalous enough no one would print it until someone else would, at which point they were all allowed to discuss it without being the primary source.

The dossier though was not mostly discredited until early this year after the investigation into the FBI.
Yes, but I wasn't referring the dossier per se. I was referencing the outcome of the FISA investigations and Russigate etc. There were published concerns that the Trump administration would attempt to hide or quash the 'findings' and so the AG and others were finding legal ways to disseminate classified information so that it was 'out'. At the time, I recall this was considered fairly routine and sensible behaviour.
User avatar
6.Jones
Posts: 2972
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 pm

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by 6.Jones »

shanky wrote:
6.Jones wrote:Yes, it seems our spies are overrated. Oh well.
Quite the opposite

Name three other spies who’s name has even close to the same notoriety*
- James Bond
- Sidney Reilly ‘Prince of Spies’
- Violetta Szabo
.
.
.
.
etc, daylight
.
.
- Steele





(*denotes ‘positive’ vibes rather than as a ‘traitor’, despite them being more notorious)
8)
I guess I cleave to the old fashioned view that spies should operate in secret. I bet James Bond got almost no other gigs after the books. Having Tories guffawing at you on Internet forums is even worse. Oh, the horror.
Santa
Posts: 11275
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by Santa »

6.Jones wrote:
shanky wrote:
6.Jones wrote:Yes, it seems our spies are overrated. Oh well.
Quite the opposite

Name three other spies who’s name has even close to the same notoriety*
- James Bond
- Sidney Reilly ‘Prince of Spies’
- Violetta Szabo
.
.
.
.
etc, daylight
.
.
- Steele





(*denotes ‘positive’ vibes rather than as a ‘traitor’, despite them being more notorious)
8)
I guess I cleave to the old fashioned view that spies should operate in secret. I bet James Bond got almost no other gigs after the books. Having Tories guffawing at you on Internet forums is even worse. Oh, the horror.
I guess it comes down to whether you think it's OK to spy on your political rivals.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20709
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by shanky »

Because that's what happened :lol:


Erhmagerd!

Like the Government Death Squads roaming Portland

Except that no-one has died, they're not roaming and they're wearing badges.
Santa
Posts: 11275
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by Santa »

Here, for example is a story about our friendly neighbourhood FBI agents using the candidate briefings to collect intel for Crossfire Hurricane.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politi ... obe-380651
User avatar
6.Jones
Posts: 2972
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 pm

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by 6.Jones »

Santa wrote:I guess it comes down to whether you think it's OK to spy on your political rivals.
Surely everyone does? The Steele dossier was originally commissioned by the conservative political website The Washington Free Beacon.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20709
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by shanky »

LOL

Death by Groucho (TM)
Santa
Posts: 11275
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by Santa »

6.Jones wrote:
Santa wrote:I guess it comes down to whether you think it's OK to spy on your political rivals.
Surely everyone does? The Steele dossier was originally commissioned by the conservative political website The Washington Free Beacon.
Ah so they all get the FBI to spy on eachother and get FISA warrants. Didn't know. :thumbup:
User avatar
6.Jones
Posts: 2972
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 pm

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by 6.Jones »

Santa wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Santa wrote:I guess it comes down to whether you think it's OK to spy on your political rivals.
Surely everyone does? The Steele dossier was originally commissioned by the conservative political website The Washington Free Beacon.
Ah so they all get the FBI to spy on eachother and get FISA warrants. Didn't know. :thumbup:
That'd be worrying, if there was any evidence it happened.
Santa
Posts: 11275
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by Santa »

6.Jones wrote:
Santa wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Santa wrote:I guess it comes down to whether you think it's OK to spy on your political rivals.
Surely everyone does? The Steele dossier was originally commissioned by the conservative political website The Washington Free Beacon.
Ah so they all get the FBI to spy on eachother and get FISA warrants. Didn't know. :thumbup:
That'd be worrying, if there was any evidence it happened.
You mean like meetings about said investigations that involve say the President and or the Vice-president, perhaps where the Vice-President suggests an obscure criminal statute is used to prosecute a member of the incoming opposition regime which is then used as the pretext to investigate the member of the incoming regime?
User avatar
6.Jones
Posts: 2972
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 pm

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by 6.Jones »

Santa wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Santa wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Santa wrote:I guess it comes down to whether you think it's OK to spy on your political rivals.
Surely everyone does? The Steele dossier was originally commissioned by the conservative political website The Washington Free Beacon.
Ah so they all get the FBI to spy on eachother and get FISA warrants. Didn't know. :thumbup:
That'd be worrying, if there was any evidence it happened.
You mean like meetings about said investigations that involve say the President and or the Vice-president, perhaps where the Vice-President suggests an obscure criminal statute is used to prosecute a member of the incoming opposition regime which is then used as the pretext to investigate the member of the incoming regime?
I believe the word you're grasping for is administration.

But yes, that'd be worrying, if there was any evidence it happened that way. In reality, what Trump was investigated for was credible evidence of collusion with a foreign power, resulting in an FBI counter-intelligence operation. We should all be grateful such investigations happen, regardless of which side of politics we're on.

Your arguments might have more weight if Trump was the only candidate being investigated by the FBI at the time.

This is just more of the cacophony of blather that accompanies Trump, wherever he goes. Yawn.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20709
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by shanky »

The Collossus of Socratia will not be silenced.
Santa
Posts: 11275
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by Santa »

6.Jones wrote: I believe the word you're grasping for is administration.

But yes, that'd be worrying, if there was any evidence it happened that way. In reality, what Trump was investigated for was credible evidence of collusion with a foreign power, resulting in an FBI counter-intelligence operation. We should all be grateful such investigations happen, regardless of which side of politics we're on.

Your arguments might have more weight if Trump was the only candidate being investigated by the FBI at the time.

This is just more of the cacophony of blather that accompanies Trump, wherever he goes. Yawn.
I refer you to Peter Strzok's handwritten notes of the January 2017 meeting.

Your point about other investigations is utter bollocks. Just because they were investigating Clinton as part of a separate ongoing investigation doesn't mean they weren't investigating Trump in a dubious way.
User avatar
MungoMan
Posts: 13620
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Coalfalls

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by MungoMan »

shanky wrote:
6.Jones wrote:Yes, it seems our spies are overrated. Oh well.
Quite the opposite

Name three other spies who’s name has even close to the same notoriety*
- James Bond
- Sidney Reilly ‘Prince of Spies’
- Violetta Szabo
.
.
.
.
etc, daylight
.
.
- Steele





(*denotes ‘positive’ vibes rather than as a ‘traitor’, despite them being more notorious)
8)
Mata Hari
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20709
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by shanky »

:uhoh: :lol:
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20709
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by shanky »

User avatar
paddyor
Posts: 19236
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by paddyor »

No no no, the arrests are going to happen soon. Go check out the latest Q drop IT'S HAPPENING!

#WWG1WGA
User avatar
MungoMan
Posts: 13620
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Coalfalls

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by MungoMan »

Here's a little something that may be of help to you and others in respect of the choices you make.

If you post a link from tw@tter
You're a cúnt
If you post a link from tw@tter
You're a cúnt
If you post a link from tw@tter
Your opinion doesn't matter
If you post a link from tw@tter
You're a cúnt.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20709
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by shanky »

:lol:

Durham is coming apparently.

Then they’ll be sorry.
Flyin Ryan
Posts: 10601
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Indiana

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by Flyin Ryan »

shanky wrote:
Flyin Ryan wrote:
shanky wrote:Hilarious

Immediately prior to the Trump transition, the (aargh) MSM was full of stories about how the Obama administration was attempting to farm out or release the results of so-called ‘investigations’ into Trump (aka ‘leak’) because the published ‘fear’ was that Trump would ‘cover up’ or hide it.

Right there, in the ‘MSM’....You could google it even.

I guess, if you were interested.

:lol: :lol:
From what I recall, it was not the Obama administration, it was the Clinton campaign (if it was the government, I doubt they'd use an ex-British agent that was less intelligent than their own intelligence staff). The dossier ranked scandalous enough no one would print it until someone else would, at which point they were all allowed to discuss it without being the primary source.

The dossier though was not mostly discredited until early this year after the investigation into the FBI.
Yes, but I wasn't referring the dossier per se. I was referencing the outcome of the FISA investigations and Russigate etc. There were published concerns that the Trump administration would attempt to hide or quash the 'findings' and so the AG and others were finding legal ways to disseminate classified information so that it was 'out'. At the time, I recall this was considered fairly routine and sensible.
I thought you were talking about the Steele dossier because that's what the thread is about and it is known it was given to all the media orgs in the hopes one of them would publish it.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20709
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by shanky »

:x :lol:

Sorry Mr Thread Monitor
Santa
Posts: 11275
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by Santa »

Another view on Steele for anyone still willing to learn something.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house ... f-the-deal
Santa
Posts: 11275
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by Santa »

And more, though thia can be handwaved away on a couple of spurious bases.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/08/ ... sia-probe/
User avatar
6.Jones
Posts: 2972
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 pm

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by 6.Jones »

shanky wrote:The Collossus of Socratia will not be silenced.
I want a statue.
Santa
Posts: 11275
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by Santa »

Confirmed: the problems with the Carter Page FISA applications were particular rather than structural.

But why? Why would that be?
bimboman
Posts: 67650
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by bimboman »

6.Jones wrote:
shanky wrote:The Collossus of Socratia will not be silenced.
I want a statue.

You’d only pull it down 10 minutes later.
User avatar
6.Jones
Posts: 2972
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 pm

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by 6.Jones »

bimboman wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
shanky wrote:The Collossus of Socratia will not be silenced.
I want a statue.

You’d only pull it down 10 minutes later.
I think it should be called the Statue of Limitations.
User avatar
6.Jones
Posts: 2972
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 pm

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by 6.Jones »

Santa wrote:Confirmed: the problems with the Carter Page FISA applications were particular rather than structural.

But why? Why would that be?
Could it be that that's the way the FBI has always rolled, all the way back to COINTELPRO?
Santa
Posts: 11275
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by Santa »

So the FBI has just released the results of its review of 29 FISA applications that the IG said were dodgy. They identified only 2 material errors across all 29 and no errors that undermined a probable cause basis.

The Carter Page FISA applications, however, contained 17 'significant errors or omissions' (material?) and an admission that 2 of the applications were legally invalid. Looks like a bit of an outlier.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20709
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by shanky »

Santa wrote:So the FBI has just released the results of its review of 29 FISA applications that the IG said were dodgy. They identified only 2 material errors across all 29 and no errors that undermined a probable cause basis.

The Carter Page FISA applications, however, contained 17 'significant errors or omissions' (material?) and an admission that 2 of the applications were legally invalid. Looks like a bit of an outlier.
Perhaps you could correlate this data with that of cops dying when a black man flaps his wings.

Thanks
zzzz
Posts: 6587
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Steele Dossier

Post by zzzz »

6.Jones wrote:

I believe the word you're grasping for is administration.

But yes, that'd be worrying, if there was any evidence it happened that way. In reality, what Trump was investigated for was credible evidence of collusion with a foreign power, resulting in an FBI counter-intelligence operation. We should all be grateful such investigations happen, regardless of which side of politics we're on.

Your arguments might have more weight if Trump was the only candidate being investigated by the FBI at the time.

This is just more of the cacophony of blather that accompanies Trump, wherever he goes. Yawn.
Do you actually believe that horsehit! The Steele document and it's use is a litmus test for good faith actors in US politics. It should transcend party politics.


By the way, the Steele dossier wasn't commisioned by the Washington Free Beacom. It was commisioned by the DNC.
Post Reply