It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:33 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Reds v Brumbies
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:29 pm 

jdogscoop wrote:
Farva wrote:
BBB wrote:
That was incredible.

Ref went out of his way to give him plenty of warning to get away.

Dumb by the Reds player. He was told multiple times. What did he think was going to happen?

A very different story on Twitter, where Reds fans are claiming he removed his hands as soon as the ref told him to but got pinged anyway.

If that is what Reds fans are saying then Reds fans are idiots.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:52 pm 

Farva wrote:
jdogscoop wrote:
Farva wrote:
BBB wrote:
That was incredible.

Dumb by the Reds player. He was told multiple times. What did he think was going to happen?

A very different story on Twitter, where Reds fans are claiming he removed his hands as soon as the ref told him to but got pinged anyway.

Didn't you once say that you would never watch another game of rugby if the Force were kicked out of SR?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:56 pm 

Farva wrote:
jdogscoop wrote:
Farva wrote:
BBB wrote:
That was incredible.

One of them is a very objective Channel 9 sports reporter.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:55 pm 

Idiotic from McReight... the ref was screaming at him to let go.

Their set piece was much improved, but the Brumbies played worse around the ground than they did against the Tahs... I'm surprised they came away with that one.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:23 pm 

To me, this game went contrary to history as the Reds showed more flair, but the Brumbies just stayed strong in the basics such as ball retention (an amateurish knock-on from the first kick-off being typical of the Reds' glitches), and that gave them the confidence to keep using their rolling maul and just edge Qld at the end.

Reds still have plenty to say before this comp is done - not many Brumbies fans would have foreseen them having to come from behind in the 82nd minute to get a win at home.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:53 pm 

Good game. Result was farked. But nothing wrong with Oz rugby!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:35 pm 

Ellafan wrote:
Farva wrote:
jdogscoop wrote:
Farva wrote:
BBB wrote:
That was incredible.

Didn't you once say that you would never watch another game of rugby if the Force were kicked out of SR?

No

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:40 pm 

Farva wrote:
BBB wrote:
That was incredible.

This sort of thing happens a lot, I wonder whether the offending player can actually hear the ref's voice?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:54 am 

Shit weekend. Finally got to watch a bit of the game.

Though Shanky was proudly boasting Wilson was a myth, he should be starting for the Wallabies based on that. Wright could easily be in over Hooper too. Jordy P is a certainty if he stays fit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:57 am 

Ellafan wrote:
Farva wrote:
jdogscoop wrote:
Farva wrote:
BBB wrote:
That was incredible.

Weren’t you fvcking off to the other forum?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:08 am 

Bindi wrote:

Though Shanky was proudly boasting Wilson was a myth, he should be starting for the Wallabies based on that. Wright could easily be in over Hooper too. Jordy P is a certainty if he stays fit.

If Wilson is a friend or family of yours, then I am genuinely sorry for causing offence.

I’d still have Samu though.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:09 am 

Farva wrote:
jdogscoop wrote:
Farva wrote:
BBB wrote:
That was incredible.

He wasn’t pinged for holding on to the ball. He knocked over the halfback, which was the problem.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:15 am 

shanky wrote:
Bindi wrote:

If Wilson is a friend or family of yours, then I am genuinely sorry for causing offence.

Samu has looked very good against the weak teams. It’s concerning that he can’t bring it when it really matters. Same for Isi.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:22 am 

Simone/Petaia centre combo is getting me a bit excited too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:27 am 

Great game!

Reds lost it with their ill discipline, particularly in the first quarter.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:27 am 

I’d be persuaded by Petaia/Paisami :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:49 am 

shanky wrote:
I’d be persuaded by Petaia/Paisami :thumbup:

Can Paisami play 12?

Because Simone can, he can distribute and kick too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:32 am 

Can Petaia?
Because that was the point I was making. :)

I’ve watch Simone at NRC and Club. So I’m of the bias/view he’s playing at his peak tier at the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:20 am 

grievous wrote:
Ellafan wrote:
Farva wrote:
jdogscoop wrote:
Farva wrote:

Weren’t you fvcking off to the other forum?

As long as you stay away from it :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:38 am 

Bye then :arrow:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:44 am 

Bindi wrote:
Simone/Petaia centre combo is getting me a bit excited too.

Oh yeah!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:51 am 

shanky wrote:
Can Petaia?
Because that was the point I was making. :)

I’ve watch Simone at NRC and Club. So I’m of the bias/view he’s playing at his peak tier at the moment.

Petaia can play anywhere the hell he wants. With luck from injury, Petaia and Tupou could end up two of the greatest Wallabies ever.

I think Simone has earned a shot in gold. Paisami would be on my Wob bench at the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:53 am 

Bindi wrote:
shanky wrote:
Bindi wrote:

Samu has looked very good against the weak teams. It’s concerning that he can’t bring it when it really matters. Same for Isi.

When and where were Samu’s bad games?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:09 am 

I believe the Brumbies have won over 85% of the games Samu started and less than 50% of those he didn’t. He’s probably behind only Thor as the best forward in the country. Baffles me that we all aren’t lining up to smoke his likely massive pole.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:12 am 

towny wrote:
Bindi wrote:
shanky wrote:
Bindi wrote:

Wallabies.

Wilson was better last night. He's bigger, has an offload and hits great lines - to me that is an essential thing the Oz pack has been missing from some time. Samu could be better suited as 6,7,8 cover.

I'm almost tempted to overlook Hooper at the moment.

6. Valetini
7. Wright
8. Wilson

20. Samu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:16 am 

Bindi wrote:
towny wrote:
Bindi wrote:
shanky wrote:
Bindi wrote:

Wallabies.

Wilson was better last night. He's bigger, has an offload and hits great lines - to me that is an essential thing the Oz pack has been missing from some time. Samu could be better suited as 6,7,8 cover.

I'm almost tempted to overlook Hooper at the moment.

6. Valetini
7. Wright
8. Wilson

20. Samu

I would definitely have Hooper and believe Samu has got Wilson covered at the moment, but see Wilson as a great long-term option. Samu on the bench isn’t the end of the world - he can cover all backrow positions very well, so I would be far from unhappy with Wilson getting the start at 8.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:32 am 

If Isi can maintain his form from the Force game surely he would be a fair call for 8. He is ahead of Sami in that he is tall enough to get involved in the line out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:48 am 

Farva wrote:
If Isi can maintain his form from the Force game surely he would be a fair call for 8. He is ahead of Sami in that he is tall enough to get involved in the line out.

Isi is by far the worse lineout jumper out of the three. Samu’s game against the Force was imperious, so if we are using them as a barometer, Samu is clearly the man.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:59 pm 

towny wrote:

Have you been watching the NZ comp? The Wobs are going to get pumped whatever team we put out. Perfect time to blood the youngsters so they know what it's all about from the start especially since were not going to win whatever team we select.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:04 pm 

Farva wrote:

I thought he failed to impress. Didnt do that much and got carded. Wilson is by far and away the form 8 in Australia despite Towny's hard on for playing another undersized backrow. And I've been talking up Isi since he first appeared on the scene. It was his comeback game after a long lay off, so understandable, I'm just surprised you rated that particular performance. If you.liked that, wait till he gets warmed up. I think it will be between him and Wilson for the 8 Jersey.

Speaking of your own selections, I'm very unsure Phillip is even eligible for selection, let alone an obvious pick. Although I would personally pick him if he were, more for lack of better options than anything else.

Zander had a cracking debut for the Reds. I'm defo not suggesting to pick him based on one performance, or at least until he starts shaving, but you can put me on record now that he is one to watch for the future. I anticipate a bunch of laughing emojis followed by him getting 50 caps down the road. The usual PR story. :P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:28 pm 

Mog The Almighty wrote:
towny wrote:

Have you been watching the NZ comp? The Wobs are going to get pumped whatever team we put out. Perfect time to blood the youngsters so they know what it's all about from the start especially since were not going to win whatever team we select.

I've seen a bunch of self congratulatory wankers not tackle each other in the NZ comp. Nice offloads though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:52 pm 

towny wrote:
Farva wrote:

Isi is by far the worse lineout jumper out of the three. Samu’s game against the Force was imperious, so if we are using them as a barometer, Samu is clearly the man.

Isi is still the strongest ball carrier of the bunch though, which is impressive considering how good Wilson and Samu both are with ball in hand...

I do recall Samu even getting a lineout steal on the weekend - I think there are those who I won't name who never watch Super Rugby that regularly comment on the physical stats of certain players without watching how they actually perform... and yet every week Samu dominates these larger players in his ability to smash through defenders and jump in the lineout.

Having said that, in the no 8 pecking order I'd probably put Samu behind Naisarani and Wilson who have both been a little more consistent throughout the year... but I'd still consider Samu as an ultimate bench option.

For the other backrow spots, at 6 it's Valetini... daylight... maybe Wright as an option, but I still maintain 7 is his position...

And I'd say Hooper, despite playing in a shithouse team, has been slightly better than Wright, but I'm almost leaning towards Wright for his ability to both jump in the lineout and pilfer at the breakdown.

A potential new look backrow to move on from the Cheika era:

6. Valetini
7. Wright
8. Naisarani / Wilson

20. Samu

:proud:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:25 am 

Slim 293 wrote:
towny wrote:
Farva wrote:

Isi is still the strongest ball carrier of the bunch though, which is impressive considering how good Wilson and Samu both are with ball in hand...

I do recall Samu even getting a lineout steal on the weekend - I think there are those who I won't name who never watch Super Rugby that regularly comment on the physical stats of certain players without watching how they actually perform... and yet every week Samu dominates these larger players in his ability to smash through defenders and jump in the lineout.

Having said that, in the no 8 pecking order I'd probably put Samu behind Naisarani and Wilson who have both been a little more consistent throughout the year... but I'd still consider Samu as an ultimate bench option.

For the other backrow spots, at 6 it's Valetini... daylight... maybe Wright as an option, but I still maintain 7 is his position...

And I'd say Hooper, despite playing in a shithouse team, has been slightly better than Wright, but I'm almost leaning towards Wright for his ability to both jump in the lineout and pilfer at the breakdown.

A potential new look backrow to move on from the Cheika era:

6. Valetini
7. Wright
8. Naisarani / Wilson

20. Samu

:proud:

I would not cry with that backrow in gold.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:07 am 

I don't think you can not select Hooper. His work rate is too high to ignore.