SRA - Blues v Crusaders @ forget about it.

All things Rugby
booji boy

Re: SRA - Blues v Crusaders @ Eden Park Sunday 16 August, 3.

Post by booji boy »

Wilderbeast wrote:
jdogscoop wrote:I expect a champion team to have a champion attitude.

That means "man-shaming the Blues, prison-style".

They can rest after the weekend and the new guys will get their chance, just not this weekend.

Sign off in style, Crusaders. You can doooo iiiiiiiit.
Don’t often agree with you but you’re on the money here. Supporting the wrong team though. Don’t you realise all neutrals should be anti-crusaders?
:lol:
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

They can rest after the weekend and the new guys will get their chance, just not this weekend.

I'm sure that Scott Robertson will do his best to win this match. I'm just enjoying the thought of a sold out Eden Park crowd being subjected to this XV;
15. Brett Cameron
14. Manasa Mata'ele
13. Fetuli Paea
12. Dallas McLeod
11. Leicester Faingaanuku
10. Fergus Blake
9. Ese Enari

8. Sione Havili
7. Billy Harmon
6. Ethan Roots
5. Mitch dunshea
4. Luke Romano (c)
3. Isi Tuungafasi
2. Brodie McAlister
1. Harry Allan
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

Shrekles wrote:So the deadest of dead rubbers then. Nobody will remember the result of this match in future.
As others have already pointed out there is only 1 point separating the Blues and the Canes so the Canes can still claim second if they win and gather 4 points and the Blues lose. It's not rocket science fellas. :roll:

The Canes must be playing the Highlanders because Warren Gatlands 0 - 8 losers were put out of their misery last weekend.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Yeah, this is really a final, if the Crusaders lose this they can barely call themselves champions. Hopefully the team has more pride in themselves than what some of their cowardly fans are displaying in getting their excuses in early.

Obviously, I don't want them to doooo iiiiiit.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

Ali's Choice wrote:

I'm sure that Scott Robertson will do his best to win this match. I'm just enjoying the thought of a sold out Eden Park crowd being subjected to this XV;
15. Brett Cameron
14. Manasa Mata'ele
13. Fetuli Paea
12. Dallas McLeod
11. Leicester Faingaanuku
10. Fergus Blake
9. Ese Enari

8. Sione Havili
7. Billy Harmon
6. Ethan Roots
5. Mitch dunshea
4. Luke Romano (c)
3. Isi Tuungafasi
2. Brodie McAlister
1. Harry Allan
The Blues and their fans will relish any win over a team wearing red and black regardless of the names of the players wearing the jerseys.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

booji boy wrote:The Blues and their fans will relish any win over a team wearing red and black regardless of the names of the players wearing the jerseys.
We both know that's not true. Were Robertson to select that XV it would be a slap in the face to every man, woman and child who attends Eden Park. And I'll be laughing for the entire game regardless of the scoreline.

Despite what some posters are saying this isn't a final. Not even close. It's the deadest of dead rubbers. In fact, is there anything deader than a dead rubber?
Wilderbeast

Post by Wilderbeast »

If the blues win then their record is exactly the same as the crusaders. Asterisks incoming.
Shrekles

Post by Shrekles »

Ali's Choice wrote:
booji boy wrote:The Blues and their fans will relish any win over a team wearing red and black regardless of the names of the players wearing the jerseys.
We both know that's not true. Were Robertson to select that XV it would be a slap in the face to every man, woman and child who attends Eden Park. And I'll be laughing for the entire game regardless of the scoreline.

Despite what some posters are saying this isn't a final. Not even close. It's the deadest of dead rubbers. In fact, is there anything deader than a dead rubber?
It is a petrified rubber..

It is a dug up from a bog after 5,000 years and displayed in a museum as a curiosity rubber.
JPNZ

Post by JPNZ »

Ali's Choice wrote:

Despite what some posters are saying this isn't a final. Not even close. It's the deadest of dead rubbers.
I will laugh even harder if Robertson does send a B team and they beat the Blues in front of their home crowd. Can you imagine Brett Cameron carrying them to victory

:lol:
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Wilderbeast wrote:If the blues win then their record is exactly the same as the crusaders. Asterisks incoming.
They would have fewer points. Hence why we are the champions, and they are petrified about 40,000 people rocking up to attend a glorified training run. The Crusaders should demand a gate sharing arrangement or we'll select a B team.
Couch

Post by Couch »

Blues are going to lose at home, and the Canes will shoot to second place as a result.

It was written.
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

The fair-weather fans in the stands don't care about the minutia of team selection, they want to see the team in Blue thrash the team in red. Slightly more savvy fair-weather fans will take note that (if the Blues win) they will have won every home game in SRA. If Robertson makes acheiving a win easier for the Blues it would be a wonderful gift that would cement interest in Blues rugby and having an equal record would give confidence within the team going into next season.

As for the hardcore fans, Crusaders fans will not understand the depths of rock bottom that loyal Blues fans have been through, that already the Blues have far exceeded all expectations this year and a win over the Crusaders A or B would be icing on the cake of a successful season.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Wilderbeast wrote:

Don’t often agree with you but you’re on the money here. Supporting the wrong team though. Don’t you realise all neutrals should be anti-crusaders?
I'm not a neutral as the Crusaders are one of the teams I follow. I hope they tear the Blues a new one.
Olddantucker

Post by Olddantucker »

As a Chiefs fan I never thought I'd say this but I hope the Blues smash the plum. And the sound I can hear is my Dad spinning in his grave.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Despite his joke selection that AC clearly doesn't rate, that Crusaders B team still looks roughly as strong as the Highlanders.

It really was a wonderful losing effort last weekend. That two-try burst really ended their plucky bid.
mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone »

I don't think it needs to be a full B team, but there's room for a bit of rotation. I'd select something like:

15. Jordan
14. Mataele
13. Ennor
12. Goodhue
11. Faiinganuku
10. Mo'unga
9. Enari
8. Douglas (c)
7. Christie
6. Sanders
5. Strange
4. Romano
3. Alaalatoa
2. Makalio
1. Bower

16. Taylor
17. Allan
18. Tu'ungafasi
19. Dunshea
20. Havili
21. Drummond
22. Burke
23. Bridge

Mo'unga deserves a rest, but I simply can't bring myself to name Brett Cameron, even as a joke.

Bridge, Whitelock, Hall, Reece can get a game off. No need to rest the likes of Douglas, Christie, Sanders, or Alaalatoa as they won't be in All Black contention. Ennor is just back from injury so should be good to go, and Will Jordan is 22 and in the form of his life, can't imagine he'd want a rest.
naki

Post by naki »

For the future of rugby in this country the Sadists have to go down in this one. When Auckland rugby is strong, NZ rugby is strong primarily because the wealthier latte supping types prefer to pay to watch winners, and NZR could do with some of that cashola.

Lose and it's back to mediocrity, empty stands, and happy Mt Eden/Kingsland residents. Win and they'll come back next year, flooding the suburban streets with good cheer and vomitus.

Take a dive, Razor
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

The chances of a draw have just gone up :?.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Hopefully this match isn't impacted by covid-19 restrictions, but the news out of Auckland isn't great. Stay safe Auckland based posters :thumbup:
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

JB1981 wrote:The chances of a draw have just gone up :?.
It was FANFUCKINGTASTIC while it lasted.
WoodlandsRFC

Post by WoodlandsRFC »

This will be nixed, level 3 tomorrow for Auckland, can't see it going ahead. Bugger, aroha nui for those up North!
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

From a Rugby point of view, this makes the fact that the Crusaders were able to wrap up the title last week even more important. Imagine this match was still a 'live rubber' with Level 3 lock-down just imposed? It's not worth the risk of traveling to Auckland now Crusaders. Stay home in CHCH and hit the piss; you deserve it!
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

Ali's Choice wrote:From a Rugby point of view, this makes the fact that the Crusaders were able to wrap up the title last week even more important. Imagine this match was still a 'live rubber' with Level 3 lock-down just imposed? It's not worth the risk of traveling to Auckland now Crusaders. Stay home in CHCH and hit the piss; you deserve it!
Why do you always feel the need to kick a man while he's down?
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

booji boy wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:From a Rugby point of view, this makes the fact that the Crusaders were able to wrap up the title last week even more important. Imagine this match was still a 'live rubber' with Level 3 lock-down just imposed? It's not worth the risk of traveling to Auckland now Crusaders. Stay home in CHCH and hit the piss; you deserve it!
In fairness, if it doesn’t go ahead, should we jointly class the Blues and Hurricanes as third (a solid mid table effort)? It would feel wrong to elevate one over the other.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

JB1981 wrote:
booji boy wrote:
In fairness, if it doesn’t go ahead, should we jointly class the Blues and Hurricanes as third (a solid mid table effort)? It would feel wrong to elevate one over the other.
:lol: fudge off you plum!
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

JB1981 wrote:
booji boy wrote:
:lol: Yas!
trapper

Post by trapper »

Well that’s bloody sad news. :(
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

Competition now null and void and should be erased from the record, what a pity.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

trapper wrote:Well that’s bloody sad news. :(
Yeah really shit!

When will NZR make the decision to cancel the game? You can't wait until Friday as people will have made travel plans for this fixture. Really feel bad for all stakeholders, and of course the good people of Auckand.
WoodlandsRFC

Post by WoodlandsRFC »

BlueThunder wrote:Competition now null and void and should be erased from the record, what a pity.
Yep, it's a shame, but that's how it is.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

BlueThunder wrote:Competition now null and void and should be erased from the record, what a pity.
Had the Crusaders not won last week I'd agree with you 100%. But the title has been won and the silverware has already been presented. It's just good luck that the Crusaders were able to win with a week in hand.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Statement from NZR
NZR is currently assessing the impact on rugby following the announcement that Auckland will tomorrow move to Covid-19 Level 3 and the rest of the country to Level 2.

NZR is in close dialogue with Government and an update will be given tomorrow.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

Ali's Choice wrote:
Had the Crusaders not won last week I'd agree with you 100%. But the title has been won and the silverware has already been presented. It's just good luck that the Crusaders were able to win with a week in hand.
Does the fact that Razor was unable to perform his customary break dance diminish this win for the Crusaders? Unfortunately I think the answer is yes.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

booji boy wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
Does the fact that Razor was unable to perform his customary break dance diminish this win for the Crusaders? Unfortunately I think the answer is yes.
Not at all. Roberston decided long ago that his break dancing had become cliche, stale and boring so moving forward he was only going to do it after every 3rd title win. Bring on 2022!
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

The breakdance would have been nice but the Crusaders still have a trophy in near new condition.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

Ali's Choice wrote:
booji boy wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
Not at all. Roberston decided long ago that his break dancing had become cliche, stale and boring so moving forward he was only going to do it after every 3rd title win. Bring on 2022!
Say it ain't so!

Personally as a 'white boy' from South Auckland I was looking forward to it.
Auckman

Post by Auckman »

booji boy wrote:
JB1981 wrote:
booji boy wrote:
:lol: fudge off you plum!
:lol: at least those plum won't be breakdancing at Eden Park
Auckman

Post by Auckman »

JB1981 wrote:The breakdance would have been nice but the Crusaders still have a trophy in near new condition.
tbf that trophy doesn't really have wow factor. This one looks like a proper one.

JPNZ

Post by JPNZ »

In all seriousness there is no way this game will go ahead, even if Auckland goes down to level 2 on Saturday (spoiler: It won't) level 2 is only gatherings of 100 people max. No flights into Level 3 cities unless essential. NZR knows the season has already been decided too. #4peat

Tussock

Post by Tussock »

Yep, can't see this happening in Auckland. Should be relocated to Chch.