Vlad's at it again

All things Rugby
bimboman

Re: Vlad's at it again

Post by bimboman »

Bowens wrote:Libya has been utterly disastrous for Europe (and Libya, and most of all the poor sub-Saharan migrants who end up there). I definitely won't want anyone who disagrees in government.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-liby ... SKBN1GX1JY

The poor sub Saharan migrants that reach Libya are the middle class and wealthy in the countries they come from.
Pilot

Post by Pilot »

Bowens wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Bowens wrote: That's a pretty disingenuous take. This is the beginning in my view, I clarified that several times above. No war with Syria. No war with Iran. Assad killing head-choppers is fine by me.
That's a pretty gross misunderstanding, or misrepresentation of what has been going on in Syria.
I respect that you put yourself on the line but your political views are pretty clear. You think the thread about Saudi relaxing women's dress codes wasn't transparent? As well as your links to the corrupt Barzani regime? No thanks man. Not interested in what you have to say there.
Agree with this, the amount of garbage for sale over Syria is astounding.

Anyone remember the lesbian blogger in Damascus who went missing with security forces closing in on her home only to turn out to be an American man Tom McMaster in Glasgow. That narrative although complete lies filled the press back in 2011 when the head choppers paid by their gulf Arab sponsors were pouring into Syria to infiltrate the protests, cause riots and onto their real work sending Syria back to the dark ages.

If Qatar couldn't get the gas pipeline to Europe through Syria because of the regime, then the regime had to go. Problem for the gulf Arabs and Turkey was Russia had a naval base there and doubled down because it likes to be able to write its own cheques selling gas into Europe as well as its warm water naval base.
Turbogoat

Post by Turbogoat »

Pilot wrote:
Bowens wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Bowens wrote: That's a pretty disingenuous take. This is the beginning in my view, I clarified that several times above. No war with Syria. No war with Iran. Assad killing head-choppers is fine by me.
That's a pretty gross misunderstanding, or misrepresentation of what has been going on in Syria.
I respect that you put yourself on the line but your political views are pretty clear. You think the thread about Saudi relaxing women's dress codes wasn't transparent? As well as your links to the corrupt Barzani regime? No thanks man. Not interested in what you have to say there.
Agree with this, the amount of garbage for sale over Syria is astounding.

Anyone remember the lesbian blogger in Damascus who went missing with security forces closing in on her home only to turn out to be an American man Tom McMaster in Glasgow. That narrative although complete lies filled the press back in 2011 when the head choppers paid by their gulf Arab sponsors were pouring into Syria to infiltrate the protests, cause riots and onto their real work sending Syria back to the dark ages.

If Qatar couldn't get the gas pipeline to Europe through Syria because of the regime, then the regime had to go. Problem for the gulf Arabs and Turkey was Russia had a naval base there and doubled down because it likes to be able to write its own cheques selling gas into Europe as well as its warm water naval base.
You agree with his gross mischaracterisation of me? :lol: fudge, I hope not.
His suspiciously selective memory for anything he could remotely misconstrue as anti-Assad is actually a little concerning. His refusal to say a single word against Assad for killing civilians indiscriminately is more concerning.
Bullettyme

Post by Bullettyme »

Turbogoat wrote:Moving on, it appears that NeoCon Classic - John Bolton wanted to launch a massive bombing raid. Thanfully Mattis (the bloke with actual combat experience) was the voice of reason.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-seek ... 1523651589

if you can't access that one,.. try ... Vox. (Sorry)

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/4/16/172 ... ump-bolton
I read a good article about Bolton, which may have been posted on this forum. The gist was never served, happy to offer up other peoples children, is all for breaking things with no clue how to fix them. Lacks nuance. Spot on imo.
Pilot

Post by Pilot »

Sorry man, you do good work.

I agree with Bones the BS the public are supposed to swallow in this quagmire is astounding
Pilot

Post by Pilot »

Turbogoat wrote:Moving on, it appears that NeoCon Classic - John Bolton wanted to launch a massive bombing raid. Thanfully Mattis (the bloke with actual combat experience) was the voice of reason.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-seek ... 1523651589

if you can't access that one,.. try ... Vox. (Sorry)

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/4/16/172 ... ump-bolton
The star's didn't align for Bolton's people, looks like Trump played him well. Bolton (who is a lot more dangerous than Trump) will be gone long before Trump.
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

Bullettyme wrote:Are we talking globally or within Syria? I agree with you about regime change, however I don't agree that the choice for the Syrians is a binary one of Assad or Jihadists.
Ok, go on then...what’s the alternative?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

Corbynistas make fantastic telly.
shanky

Post by shanky »

Bowens wrote:
bimboman wrote:You think the complexity of US foreign policy should be controlled by stupid people living 1,000 km from even an ocean let alone a foreign country ?
And there we have it. Another guy who thinks he's better than people. But by all means, go into a working man's bar in Chicago or St Louis and try that shtick.
I’m not looking for a fight here but I think it’s fair to say that even a frightful barrow-boy like Bimbo would know more about Syria than the guys who buy freedom-fries.
Bowens

Post by Bowens »

You're good man. But Syria is on all our radars now, and with smart phones and social media everyone has access to info they didn't necessarily during Iraq 1 & 2. We have seen this movie before.
shanky

Post by shanky »

Bowens wrote:You're good man. But Syria is on all our radars now, and with smart phones and social media everyone has access to info they didn't necessarily during Iraq 1 & 2. We have seen this movie before.
Fair enough.

I also don’t think this is a uniquely US phenomenon. Guys are sitting bars all over the world doing something similar. :thumbup:
Gauss

Post by Gauss »

She sounds exactly like the guy from the Life of Brian :lol:
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

Vox Pop is truly the worst type of journalism and is all prevalent nowadays.

Oh for the days when that reporter would have followed up with a question about Harold Shipman or similar.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

Bowens wrote:You're good man. But Syria is on all our radars now, and with smart phones and sociaml media everyone has access to info they didn't necessarily during Iraq 1 & 2. We have seen this movie before.
Is f**king frkightening that people prefer to believe hostile propaganda on FB than their own governemnt. And that they think that fabricated, bullshitting memes somehow give them the 'bigger picture' rather than obfuscating the truth as they are designed to do
Wilson's Toffee

Post by Wilson's Toffee »

message #2527204 wrote:
Bowens wrote:You're good man. But Syria is on all our radars now, and with smart phones and sociaml media everyone has access to info they didn't necessarily during Iraq 1 & 2. We have seen this movie before.
Is f**king frkightening that people prefer to believe hostile propaganda on FB than their own governemnt. And that they think that fabricated, bullshitting memes somehow give them the 'bigger picture' rather than obfuscating the truth as they are designed to do

Why don't you report him ?
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

happyhooker wrote:
Vox Pop is truly the worst type of journalism and is all prevalent nowadays.

Oh for the days when that reporter would have followed up with a question about Harold Shipman or similar.
There is a class one from Sky or ITV from Brexit where Vince from Hull starts shiteing on about this and that and then really gets going about Scotland 'we should build a fence and they can get the Euro and all that....I thought Scotland was part of England and they don't want to be.'

He was this tyre fitter and was so self assured wearing these fúcking stupid designer glasses in his big oily outfit. It is exactly how I imagine bimbo only bimbo isn't doing any actual work
Bowens

Post by Bowens »

message #2527204 wrote:
FB memes? This is a pretty cliched argument. The people sharing those seem to mostly be Baby Boomers like Taranaki Snapper. I use Twitter to follow some independent media (who probably have better records when fact-checked than some mainstream sources). That's about it. Imagine being a big enough doofus to still trust people like Brian Williams on Syria after all that has transpired in recent years.
Bokkom

Post by Bokkom »

Bowens wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
FB memes? This is a pretty cliched argument. The people sharing those seem to mostly be Baby Boomers like Taranaki Snapper. I use Twitter to follow some independent media (who probably have better records when fact-checked than some mainstream sources). That's about it. Imagine being a big enough doofus to still trust people like Brian Williams on Syria after all that has transpired in recent years.
They're backed into a corner with all their bullshit, Bones. FFS, bimbo still thinks the Marxists want to take over the world.
:lol:
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

Bowens wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
Like who?
Wilson's Toffee

Russia claims 70% of missiles in attack were shot down. By old, defunct air defense systems ...
The laboratories were empty, long evacuated after Israeli airstrikes, years ago ... nothing going on there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEOoEwIrg0g

Can anybody fact check ?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Wilson's Toffee wrote:Russia claims 70% of missiles in attack were shot down. By old, defunct air defense systems ...
The laboratories were empty, long evacuated after Israeli airstrikes, years ago ... nothing going on there.

Can anybody fact check ?

You're too stupid to engage with.
Wilson's Toffee

bimboman wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:Russia claims 70% of missiles in attack were shot down. By old, defunct air defense systems ...

Can anybody fact check ?

You mean you are too stupid to engage with me.
But I will not hold it against you ... such limitations come from God who, in His all wisdom, decided beforehand which will inherit this earth, and who will stay dumb.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Can anybody fact check ?

You mean you are too stupid to engage with me.
But I will not hold it against you ... such limitations come from God who, in His all wisdom, decided beforehand which will inherit this earth, and who will stay dumb.

:nod: , yes that's what I meant.
Wilson's Toffee

:lol:
Saint

Post by Saint »

Can anybody fact check ?
Syria and Russia ought to agree first on how many missiles they claim to have shot down. Syria reckon they shot down 13, Russia claim 71.

Meanwhile the Pentagon reckon that Syria fired at most 40 SAMs, most of them after the last Allied missile had found it's target
Turbogoat

Post by Turbogoat »

Saint wrote:

Can anybody fact check ?
Syria and Russia ought to agree first on how many missiles they claim to have shot down. Syria reckon they shot down 13, Russia claim 71.

Meanwhile the Pentagon reckon that Syria fired at most 40 SAMs, most of them after the last Allied missile had found it's target
And a quick check of satellite photos shows that the 3 targets got fairly comprehensively bitchslapped.
Wilson's Toffee

Turbogoat wrote:
Saint wrote:

Can anybody fact check ?

And a quick check of satellite photos shows that the 3 OTHER, EMPTY targets got fairly comprehensively bitchslapped. UNCLEAR WHETHER FROM PREVIOUS ISRAELI STRIKES (AS INDICATEd) OR FROM THIS OPERATION

Fixed.
Turbogoat

Post by Turbogoat »

Why ask the question then if you've already bought in heavily to one set of claims? :lol:
La soule

Post by La soule »

Turbogoat wrote:Why ask the question then if you've already bought in heavily to one set of claims? :lol:

You have an amazing level of patience.
Wilson's Toffee

La soule wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:Why ask the question then if you've already bought in heavily to one set of claims? :lol:

You, on the other hand, display an amazing lack of brains.
Wilson's Toffee

I said fact check - I did not say "play guess-guess"
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
La soule wrote:

Weren't you decrying ad hominems less than 24 hours ago?
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

Zakar wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
La soule wrote:

He wouldn't bloody know
Wilson's Toffee

Zakar wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
La soule wrote:

That was during a debate. This is not a debate.
La soule

Post by La soule »

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Zakar wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
La soule wrote:

That was during a debate. This is not a debate.
I did not have you down the type of guy who would be consistent about anything.
tc27

Post by tc27 »

Anyway - Vlad cant protect his client regime in the ME and was too scared to even turn on his vaunted missile defenses to protect Syria whilst his Russian trained and equipped allies ended up launching dozens of missiles pointlessly after the strike had finished.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

tc27 wrote:Anyway - Vlad cant protect his client regime in the ME and was too scared to even turn on his vaunted missile defenses to protect Syria whilst his Russian trained and equipped allies ended up launching dozens of missiles pointlessly after the strike had finished.

That's the good bit about these strikes, we get some "testing" done. The cruise missle seems fairly resolute technology now doesn't it.
Wilson's Toffee

bimboman wrote:
tc27 wrote:Anyway - Vlad cant protect his client regime in the ME and was too scared to even turn on his vaunted missile defenses to protect Syria whilst his Russian trained and equipped allies ended up launching dozens of missiles pointlessly after the strike had finished.

That's the good bit about these strikes, we get some "testing" done. The cruise missle seems fairly resolute technology now doesn't it.
https://www.resolutets.com/
Toulon's Not Toulouse

Post by Toulon's Not Toulouse »

Turbogoat wrote:
Saint wrote:

Can anybody fact check ?

And a quick check of satellite photos shows that the 3 targets got fairly comprehensively bitchslapped.
Plot twist: satellites are a conspiracy, man has never been to space and all you're looking at are photoshopped pictures taken by helicopters hovering above cardboard fake installations in Nevada. :shock: