60%
Out
40%

Total votes: 415

Nobleman

Re: OFFICIAL EU/UK referendum thread

Post by Nobleman »

NickC wrote:
sewa wrote:Yes, we are desperate. Thats why we are submitting letters demanding resignations and planning to stab our leaders in the guts :lol:

Deflection - - you don't get a cent until everything is agreed. :thumbup:

Oh dear!

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 63736.html
sewa

Post by sewa »

Nobleman wrote:
NickC wrote:
sewa wrote:Yes, we are desperate. Thats why we are submitting letters demanding resignations and planning to stab our leaders in the guts :lol:

Oh dear!

I was waiting to produce that, I just wanted Nick to bury himself further into the hole. Its amazing how fast he digs using just clown shoes :lol: :thumbup:
NickC

Post by NickC »

sewa wrote:
Nobleman wrote:
NickC wrote:

Oh dear!

I was waiting to produce that, I just wanted Nick to bury himself further into the hole. Its amazing how fast he digs using just clown shoes :lol: :thumbup:
https://www.irishnews.com/news/brexit/2 ... b-1432802/ :thumbup: :thumbup:
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

How many testicles does BlindHookah have, do we reckon?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Mullet 2 wrote:When did the Pigdogs elect NickC and Bimbo to speak on their behalf

"You don't get"

You're some spa on the internet buddy, stop acting like you have a rashers. :lol:

You are wingman to Sewa, who says "pardon me" everytime Barnier farts. Joke poster.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

sewa wrote:
NickC wrote:

The EU have a GDP ten times that of the entire UK, the money is small change. It would just be further evidence of you not being an honest broker as that money is due under existing agreed obligations, much like the way you clowns ''didn't understand'' the backstop.

The Irish 200 million making the differance and it being small change.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Nolanator wrote:How many testicles does BlindHookah have, do we reckon?
Ah fudge not that gobshite
etherman

Post by etherman »

etherman wrote:
bimboman wrote:
etherman wrote:A No Deal will be the end of the UK one way or another. It would be flicking the switch on a constitutional timebomb. The Home Counties colonels either dont realise or dont care, or think everyone wants to suck England's dick. Probably the latter.

An Irish border deal in the Irish Sea kills the union quicker.

Who is paying for Scotland ? Or now oils climbed a bit will we just forget how stupid their finances will be.
How?
I know I shouldn't but, bump.

Have to keep the unemployed busy.
shereblue

Post by shereblue »

tick, tock
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

etherman wrote:
etherman wrote:
bimboman wrote:
etherman wrote:A No Deal will be the end of the UK one way or another. It would be flicking the switch on a constitutional timebomb. The Home Counties colonels either dont realise or dont care, or think everyone wants to suck England's dick. Probably the latter.

Who is paying for Scotland ? Or now oils climbed a bit will we just forget how stupid their finances will be.
How?

Because a sperate deal for Northern Ireland in Customs would make more laws in Ireland EU laws not UK ones. It would mean a Supreme Court differant in NI than rest of UK.

Any acceptance of this would more than embolden the SNP to demand the same deal.

You'd have a country being split by the most basics of how laws are made and controlled and in trade terms have countries taking trade policy from a foreign body but with a sovereign currency. If you let that happen the union is dead.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

bimboman wrote:
etherman wrote:
etherman wrote:
bimboman wrote:

How?

Because a sperate deal for Northern Ireland in Customs would make more laws in Ireland EU laws not UK ones. It would mean a Supreme Court differant in NI than rest of UK.

Any acceptance of this would more than embolden the SNP to demand the same deal.

You'd have a country being split by the most basics of how laws are made and controlled and in trade terms have countries taking trade policy from a foreign body but with a sovereign currency. If you let that happen the union is dead.
Yes. A sperate deal would certainly be differant. Just fudge off :lol:
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

That makes no sense Duff,
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

I feel bad now. Sorry bimbo cheap shot.
etherman

Post by etherman »

bimboman wrote:
etherman wrote:
etherman wrote:
bimboman wrote:

How?

Because a sperate deal for Northern Ireland in Customs would make more laws in Ireland EU laws not UK ones. It would mean a Supreme Court differant in NI than rest of UK. We already have seperate laws in many cases in case you hadnt noticed and a joint soverigny court has already been discussed.

Any acceptance of this would more than embolden the SNP to demand the same deal. The situation in Scotland is entirely different, there is no land border and most of their population wont remain EU citizens.

There would be a bi-lateral court to implement law, this is common practice. Has already been done with Canada and Scandanavia, and there has already been agreements on tribunal committees and the already in existance North-South Minsterial Council.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Etherman; it's great in some way off theory, but are you also planning for the EU to fork out for 1/2 the cost of NI ? And are you seriously suggesting that the BI lateral courts won't report to either Supreme Court?

I'm sorry but you haven't asked the most basic question of who sets employment law ?
clementinfrance

Post by clementinfrance »

NickC wrote:
clementinfrance wrote:
NickC wrote:
sewa wrote: Well hurry up and leave so, we are waiting ages.
Well if you lot had spent less time begging for money and more time on getting FTAs agreed we would be a lot further down the line.......
Ahh diddums is nasty EU not letting you have your cake and eat it...

The sense of entitlement displayed by many Brexiteers is simply astounding.
As you say it is our cake - we were happy to share it with you but like the greedy kids you are you wanted more, and more....

You'll make yourself sick before you stop whinging for more.

And the only entitlement is our entitlement to leave. Which we are.
What does "opt-out" mean?

- EMU/eurozone
- Schengen
- Justice and Home Affairs Legislation
- Fundamental Charter of Human Rights
- EU budget rebate negotiated under Thatcher

Yet it's the "EU" that want more and more. :lol:
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Hey, Bimbo, how about this for logistics planning?

The UK government is considering requisitioning private merchant vessels (ie stealing them) to ensure continuity of food and medicines post Brexit, using, it actually gets better, underused ports.

https://www.ft.com/content/f853b544-d6c ... d6f82e62f8

Can we have your expert opinion ?
unseenwork

Post by unseenwork »

bimboman wrote:
etherman wrote:
etherman wrote:
bimboman wrote:

How?

Where do I sign up then?

You're ignoring though that the only people who can kill the union between Northern Ireland and GB are the people of Northern Ireland regardless of how much difference there might be between the legal systems in the different parts. Giving them a cushtier deal wins GB brownie points in the war of hearts and minds.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

camroc1 wrote:Hey, Bimbo, how about this for logistics planning?

The UK government is considering requisitioning private merchant vessels (ie stealing them) to ensure continuity of food and medicines post Brexit, using, it actually gets better, underused ports.

All in know is they turned down 225,000 sq feet of food grade warehousing .....

I can't give any opinion on the article as its fee paying .... I reckon like the big boat you've misunderstood.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

bimboman wrote:

I can't give any opinion on the article as its fee paying .... I reckon like the big boat you've misunderstood.
Britain is drawing up plans to charter ships to bring in emergency food and medicines in the event of a “no-deal” Brexit next March, in a move greeted with disbelief at a stormy meeting of Theresa May’s cabinet on Tuesday.

The cabinet was told that the heavily used Dover-Calais route could quickly become blocked by new customs controls on the French side, forcing Britain to seek alternative ways of bringing in “critical supplies”.

The warnings about the consequences of a disorderly British exit from the EU came at a cabinet meeting which saw ministers divided into two camps over how to unlock a deal in Brussels. One witness said there was “an almighty row”.

Food and medicine
The prospect of Britain facing shortages of perishable food and medicines provided a bleak backdrop to the cabinet discussions, as Mrs May urged her ministers to back her attempts to secure a breakthrough.

The prime minister announced there would now be a weekly cabinet discussion on preparations for Brexit, whether under a deal or no-deal scenario. “The government’s priority is to secure a deal,” Mrs May told her cabinet.

David Lidington, Mrs May’s de facto deputy, briefed the cabinet that under a no-deal Brexit, the Dover-Calais route could be running at only 12-25 per cent of its normal capacity for up to six months.
“Whatever we do at our end, the French could cause chaos if they carry out checks at their end,” said one government official. “Dover-Calais would be the obvious pinch point. The French would say they were only applying the rules.

WTO rules
If Britain left the EU under World Trade Organisation rules, the UK and EU would be in different customs jurisdictions and would be expected to carry out checks on trade across the English Channel.

Chris Grayling, transport secretary, has discussed with government colleagues the possibility of chartering ships, or space in ships, to bring supplies into other British ports, thus avoiding the Dover-Calais bottleneck.

One person briefed on the plans said: “The idea of the government running ferry services is slightly farcical.”

Government officials say the idea would be to charter ships to use less congested sea routes. “We’re talking about bringing in critical supplies like food, medicines, maybe car parts,” said one official briefed on the plan.

Some 30 per cent of all Britain’s food requirements are met from imports from other EU countries; Dover is a key port of entry, with over 2.5m heavy goods vehicles passing through the port each year.

Eurosceptic Tories claim that Paris would not allow the Dover-Calais route to be disrupted because of the economic damage and disruption it would cause in the Calais area of northern France.

Requisition shipping
In May 1982, the British government requisitioned numerous private vessels, including the transatlantic liner the Queen Elizabeth 2, for use during the Falklands War.

Government officials say they do not expect to have to use legal powers to requisition ships, although with only five months to go until Brexit on March 29th, there is little time to charter ships on the open market.

Pauline Bastidon, head of European policy at the Freight Transport Association, said: “We are open to all kinds of ideas about how to keep supplies flowing in a no deal Brexit. But it’s hard to see where the extra ships would quickly be found. Nor can I see how other UK ports could possibly handle the huge volumes currently going through the Dover strait.”

Meanwhile the cabinet also heard Mrs May restate her opposition to any Brexit deal that included a “Northern Ireland-only” legal backstop plan for the Irish border that placed the region in a different customs and regulatory jurisdiction to the rest of the UK. – Copyright The Financial Times Limited 2018
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

So yeah, you misunderstood.

Though I'd piss myself if they rented your big ferry.
Zico

Post by Zico »

If there are negative consequences of Brexit felt by some of the more volatile communities in the North and South of Ireland, where does anyone think the anger will be directed?

It won't take long for the nutters to find a target.

JRM, BoJo and the DUP will react like it's a surprise terror attack they could never have foreseen and enact emergency powers to counter-act it... and so on.

:yawn:
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

bimboman wrote:So yeah, you misunderstood.

So, Mr. Logistics, how many Ro-Ro ferries are going to be available for charter within the next 6 months ?

Misunderstood ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you are misunderestimating my belief in your logistical talent.
Blind Hookah

Post by Blind Hookah »

camroc1 wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Britain is drawing up plans to charter ships to bring in emergency food and medicines in the event of a “no-deal” Brexit next March, in a move greeted with disbelief at a stormy meeting of Theresa May’s cabinet on Tuesday.

The cabinet was told that the heavily used Dover-Calais route could quickly become blocked by new customs controls on the French side, forcing Britain to seek alternative ways of bringing in “critical supplies”.

The warnings about the consequences of a disorderly British exit from the EU came at a cabinet meeting which saw ministers divided into two camps over how to unlock a deal in Brussels. One witness said there was “an almighty row”.

Food and medicine
The prospect of Britain facing shortages of perishable food and medicines provided a bleak backdrop to the cabinet discussions, as Mrs May urged her ministers to back her attempts to secure a breakthrough.

The prime minister announced there would now be a weekly cabinet discussion on preparations for Brexit, whether under a deal or no-deal scenario. “The government’s priority is to secure a deal,” Mrs May told her cabinet.

David Lidington, Mrs May’s de facto deputy, briefed the cabinet that under a no-deal Brexit, the Dover-Calais route could be running at only 12-25 per cent of its normal capacity for up to six months.
“Whatever we do at our end, the French could cause chaos if they carry out checks at their end,” said one government official. “Dover-Calais would be the obvious pinch point. The French would say they were only applying the rules.

WTO rules
If Britain left the EU under World Trade Organisation rules, the UK and EU would be in different customs jurisdictions and would be expected to carry out checks on trade across the English Channel.

Chris Grayling, transport secretary, has discussed with government colleagues the possibility of chartering ships, or space in ships, to bring supplies into other British ports, thus avoiding the Dover-Calais bottleneck.

One person briefed on the plans said: “The idea of the government running ferry services is slightly farcical.”

Government officials say the idea would be to charter ships to use less congested sea routes. “We’re talking about bringing in critical supplies like food, medicines, maybe car parts,” said one official briefed on the plan.

Some 30 per cent of all Britain’s food requirements are met from imports from other EU countries; Dover is a key port of entry, with over 2.5m heavy goods vehicles passing through the port each year.

Eurosceptic Tories claim that Paris would not allow the Dover-Calais route to be disrupted because of the economic damage and disruption it would cause in the Calais area of northern France.

Requisition shipping
In May 1982, the British government requisitioned numerous private vessels, including the transatlantic liner the Queen Elizabeth 2, for use during the Falklands War.

Government officials say they do not expect to have to use legal powers to requisition ships, although with only five months to go until Brexit on March 29th, there is little time to charter ships on the open market.

Pauline Bastidon, head of European policy at the Freight Transport Association, said: “We are open to all kinds of ideas about how to keep supplies flowing in a no deal Brexit. But it’s hard to see where the extra ships would quickly be found. Nor can I see how other UK ports could possibly handle the huge volumes currently going through the Dover strait.”

Meanwhile the cabinet also heard Mrs May restate her opposition to any Brexit deal that included a “Northern Ireland-only” legal backstop plan for the Irish border that placed the region in a different customs and regulatory jurisdiction to the rest of the UK. – Copyright The Financial Times Limited 2018
:lol: Do you swallow every single article that suits your fantasy?

Anyways, I'd be surprised if the UK didn't have contingency plans for all circumstances even without Brexit. If requisitioning vessels from hostile neighbours who have been threatening the British peoples food & medical supplies, and closing off its air traffic then its hardly taking it off friends. I presume the plan would start with Irish vessels; path of least resistance and all that.
Reminds me of something from Jaws "Lippy Leo is gonna need bigger friends".
Blind Hookah

Post by Blind Hookah »

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... der-latest

How to win friends and influence people 101.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Blind Hookah wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Food and medicine

WTO rules

Requisition shipping

:lol: Do you swallow every single article that suits your fantasy?

Anyways, I'd be surprised if the UK didn't have contingency plans for all circumstances even without Brexit. If requisitioning vessels from hostile neighbours who have been threatening the British peoples food & medical supplies, and closing off its air traffic then its hardly taking it off friends. I presume the plan would start with Irish vessels; path of least resistance and all that.
Reminds me of something from Jaws "Lippy Leo is gonna need bigger friends".
Hmm, that takes the goat alright.

Altogether Toga had only one.............................
SamShark

Post by SamShark »

It would be nice if that "disbelief" was linked to "why are we doing this?"

I assume though it was more linked to "I can't believe all this project fear remoaning as I'm a reckless ideologue" or "I'm completely f**king thick, so all detail shocks me"
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

camroc1 wrote:
bimboman wrote:So yeah, you misunderstood.

So, Mr. Logistics, how many Ro-Ro ferries are going to be available for charter within the next 6 months ?

Misunderstood ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you are misunderestimating my belief in your logistical talent.

We won't need to charter a ferry, you're aware your big boat stops in the UK on its way to and from Zeebrugger , we will just fill it. :thumbup:
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

SamShark wrote:

I assume though it was more linked to "I can't believe all this project fear remoaning as I'm a reckless ideologue" or "I'm completely f**king thick, so all detail shocks me"

Every story swallowed whole.
SamShark

Post by SamShark »

bimboman wrote:
SamShark wrote:

A bit like you with Brexit's syphilitic metaphorocal goat cock
Last edited by SamShark on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blind Hookah

Post by Blind Hookah »

The story posted by the same chap before was saying Junkers Ark was going to replace the need to transport goods to Ireland via the UK and he swallowed it whole. Where do you find them.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

SamShark wrote:
bimboman wrote:
SamShark wrote:

A bit like you with Brexit's syphilitic metaphorocal goat cock

Look, they even gave you a little scary story:
Requisition shipping
SamShark

Post by SamShark »

Your a tough guy bimbo. I really respect how hard and not scared you are.
Blind Hookah

Post by Blind Hookah »

SamShark wrote:Your a tough guy bimbo. I really respect how hard and not scared you are.
In the worse case scenario the state may see one or two negative quarters of mild negative growth. This happens anyway in economic cycles. The whole basis of the remainer argument is that such events would be a disaster of biblical proportions.

What would these people be like if we had a real economic shock. Brexit is worth it even just to show these hysterical babies should never be listened too again.
Petej

Post by Petej »

Is blind hookah the British armies best potato peeler?
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Petej wrote:Is blind hookah the British armies best potato peeler?
T...O....G....A !
Blind Hookah

Post by Blind Hookah »

If you think I'm some other poster you'd be mistaken. This is the equivalent of remainers calling all that disagree with them Russian bots.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Reads like Dr Dre to me.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

iarmhiman wrote:Reads like Dr Dre to me.
Not enough on Irelands economic statistics.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

SamShark wrote:Your a tough guy bimbo. I really respect how hard and not scared you are.

You're scared of a story about something that "could" happen, and if it does it will sort the issues being faced. ?

Blimey you'd have loved my Nan and her living through the war stories during the blitz.