60%
Out
40%

Total votes: 415

iarmhiman

Re: OFFICIAL EU/UK referendum thread

Post by iarmhiman »

camroc1 wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:Reads like Dr Dre to me.
Not enough on Irelands economic statistics.
Toga isn't able to keep this style of calm posting going. He usually breaks out into xenophobic stuff after a while. We shall see. I don't think it's him.
Blind Hookah

Post by Blind Hookah »

bimboman wrote:
SamShark wrote:Your a tough guy bimbo. I really respect how hard and not scared you are.

You're scared of a story about something that "could" happen, and if it does it will sort the issues being faced. ?

Blimey you'd have loved my Nan and her living through the war stories during the blitz.
Its the weakness of these people that has Europe failing. No grit.
Laurent

Post by Laurent »

iarmhiman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
Toga isn't able to keep this style of calm posting going. He usually breaks out into xenophobic stuff after a while. We shall see. I don't think it's him.
To be fair Dre and dac as well.

Albeit they'd have joined one of the Muslim related threads rather than this one
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

From the IT :
Bupa said to plan Brexit move to Dublin
UK-based healthcare group considering moving its European health insurance hub from UK to Ireland in order to write EU contracts after Brexit
6 minutes ago Updated: 3 minutes ago
Joe Brennan

UK-based healthcare group Bupa is reportedly preparing to move its European health insurance business to Dublin as it prepares for Brexit, more than a decade after the group quit the Irish health coverage market.
Channel 4 News has reported that the Bupa plan comes as the group deals with the prospect of not being allowed to write EU contracts from the UK after the Brexit.
https://www.irishtimes.com/business/fin ... -1.3673452
Blind Hookah

Post by Blind Hookah »

camroc1 wrote:From the IT :
Bupa said to plan Brexit move to Dublin
UK-based healthcare group considering moving its European health insurance hub from UK to Ireland in order to write EU contracts after Brexit
6 minutes ago Updated: 3 minutes ago
Joe Brennan

UK-based healthcare group Bupa is reportedly preparing to move its European health insurance business to Dublin as it prepares for Brexit, more than a decade after the group quit the Irish health coverage market.
https://www.irishtimes.com/business/fin ... -1.3673452
Whats the grand total of jobs that have left the UK now. That has to be another 20 or 25. Some price this independence.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

iarmhiman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
I was going to say ballsy but, well...
etherman

Post by etherman »

bimboman wrote:Etherman; it's great in some way off theory, but are you also planning for the EU to fork out for 1/2 the cost of NI ? And are you seriously suggesting that the BI lateral courts won't report to either Supreme Court?

I'm sorry but you haven't asked the most basic question of who sets employment law ?
Why would the EU fork out costs for part of the UK? Who does the Canada EU joint court respond to? We already have unique employment law in NI from the rest of the UK and employment is devolved to Stormont.

Next.
Blind Hookah

Post by Blind Hookah »

Britain doesn't need NI but Ireland couldn't afford to take it off our hands. I think May was trying to offload it until the plan was scuppered.
Lorthern Nights

Post by Lorthern Nights »

bimboman wrote:
SamShark wrote:Your a tough guy bimbo. I really respect how hard and not scared you are.

You're scared of a story about something that "could" happen, and if it does it will sort the issues being faced. ?

Blimey you'd have loved my Nan and her living through the war stories during the blitz.
At least we will have some stories for our grandkids with Brexit :smug:
Blind Hookah

Post by Blind Hookah »

Lorthern Nights wrote:
bimboman wrote:

The great halloumi shortage of 2019. Millennial babies marching on Westminster in hysterics.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

etherman wrote:
bimboman wrote:Etherman; it's great in some way off theory, but are you also planning for the EU to fork out for 1/2 the cost of NI ? And are you seriously suggesting that the BI lateral courts won't report to either Supreme Court?

I'm sorry but you haven't asked the most basic question of who sets employment law ?
Why would the EU fork out costs for part of the UK? Who does the Canada EU joint court respond to? We already have unique employment law in NI from the rest of the UK and employment is devolved to Stormont.

Next.

Bi lateral courts, living under EU rules ?

I'm not sure you've grasped what the Canadian / EU trade court is for. You're conflating things which I'm not asking about.

The people in the EU customs area would have to work to EU laws. Everything would fall under the ECJ, I'm not talking about "unique" anything. If these rules cost jobs or impose costs to UK state offices then who pays ?

Why on earth should somewhere funded by, the phntaxed by, protected by the British state hand that power to a foreign body. It's total rubbish.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Lorthern Nights wrote:
bimboman wrote:

I'm an old Dad so it's unlikely I won't be dead or senile for the Grand kiddy winks.
unseenwork

Post by unseenwork »

bimboman wrote:
etherman wrote:

Next.

I'm not sure you've grasped what the Canadian / EU trade court is for. You're conflating things which I'm not asking about.

The people in the EU customs area would have to work to EU laws. Everything would fall under the ECJ, I'm not talking about "unique" anything. If these rules cost jobs or impose costs to UK state offices then who pays ?

Why on earth should somewhere funded by, the phntaxed by, protected by the British state hand that power to a foreign body. It's total rubbish.
Because your lot have f**ked up and must pay the price.

They'll do a better job while they're at it too.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

unseenwork wrote:
bimboman wrote:
etherman wrote:

Next.

Until they do something you don't like and it's back to the bombs ?
Mahoney

Post by Mahoney »

Oh good, are we back to "Brexit will be as bad as a war in which 20,000,000 died and many of the UK's cities were reduced to rubble, but that's OK because we're gritty"? I always find that line of argument so convincing. Where's Mick Mannock to tell our Brexiteers off for being obsessed with the war?

The UK government, being made up of people who had actually experienced the horrors of industrial European war, did their level best to avoid it in the years leading up to 1939; and in the end were forced to undertake it to try and avoid Europe, including the UK, being dominated by one of the most evil regimes that ever ruled. Whatever your arguments for us voluntarily undertaking Brexit I suspect they don't quite match up to those, so probably don't really justify allusions to that sacrifice.

If you don't think Brexit will mean any privations you don't need "we coped with the war" as a reassurance because there will be nothing to cope with.

If you rather suspect that there might be some privations to cope with, you need to persuade people that those privations are worth enduring, not just that they can endure them. Most of us can endure lots of things for a good reason; I get a bit tetchy about trivial stuff like my train being delayed when it seems to be for no good reason.
Blind Hookah

Post by Blind Hookah »

unseenwork wrote:
bimboman wrote:
etherman wrote:

Next.

Who will, what f*** up, where.
unseenwork

Post by unseenwork »

bimboman wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
bimboman wrote:
etherman wrote:

Next.

I trust them a damn sight better than Westminster that won't happen under their governance.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

It's not them that's the concern here though is it.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Blind Hookah wrote:Britain doesn't need NI but Ireland couldn't afford to take it off our hands. I think May was trying to offload it until the plan was scuppered.
Not according to the last two major studies done on the subject. Have a read and learn something. :thumbup:

https://data.oireachtas.ie/ie/oireachta ... ity_en.pdf

https://prcg.com/modeling-irish-unification/report.pdf
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

camroc1 wrote:
Blind Hookah wrote:Britain doesn't need NI but Ireland couldn't afford to take it off our hands. I think May was trying to offload it until the plan was scuppered.
Not according to the last two major studies done on the subject. Have a read and learn something. :thumbup:

One year of surplus and the Tigers back!
Plato'sCave

Post by Plato'sCave »

camroc1 wrote:

:thumbup:
Blind Hookah

Post by Blind Hookah »

unseenwork wrote:
bimboman wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
bimboman wrote:
etherman wrote: Why would the EU fork out costs for part of the UK? Who does the Canada EU joint court respond to? We already have unique employment law in NI from the rest of the UK and employment is devolved to Stormont.

Next.

I trust them a damn sight better than Westminster that won't happen under their governance.
Really?
How would EU forces be greeted in Northern Ireland I wonder. The UK had decades of trouble trying to manage it with 50% support and one of the worlds top militaries so I wonder how a few tin pot militaries from Europe and no local support would do.
etherman

Post by etherman »

camroc1 wrote:

Plus UK would have to stump up divorce money. Sounds familiar doesnt it.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

etherman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

That first document is exactly why the DUP gets votes.
etherman

Post by etherman »

bimboman wrote:
etherman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

Its the Bible?
SamShark

Post by SamShark »

bimboman wrote:

This brilliant Brexit thing you've been defending to the hilt sounds absolutely shit.

I'm sure we'll eventually swallow the shit sandwich you've served us.

But it's the poor fuckers who didn't vote for this who will have to sort it rather than selfish "I'm alright jack" baby boomers who will slope off mumbling "something, something, something May's a remainer"
Blind Hookah

Post by Blind Hookah »

Plato'sCave wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

The Canadian one looks like his MSc thesis for some Poly. The Irish one is from the same people who gave us 28% growth or something a couple of years back. Excuse me if I think you may have underestimated the impact of taking on 2 million people, mostly all state dependent, be it work or benefits, 1 million of which don't want to be there and the security operation that goes with it.

What would you do about the 12th of July, would it be a national holiday north and south or would you tell the 1 million people to stick their history as there is a new sheriff in town,
Hellraiser

Post by Hellraiser »

Nobleman wrote:
NickC wrote:
sewa wrote:Yes, we are desperate. Thats why we are submitting letters demanding resignations and planning to stab our leaders in the guts :lol:

Deflection - - you don't get a cent until everything is agreed. :thumbup:

Oh dear!

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 63736.html

Oh Trance, Traaaance? What was that about the UK's "very good lawyers"? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lorthern Nights

Post by Lorthern Nights »

Mahoney wrote:Oh good, are we back to "Brexit will be as bad as a war in which 20,000,000 died and many of the UK's cities were reduced to rubble, but that's OK because we're gritty"? I always find that line of argument so convincing. Where's Mick Mannock to tell our Brexiteers off for being obsessed with the war?

The UK government, being made up of people who had actually experienced the horrors of industrial European war, did their level best to avoid it in the years leading up to 1939; and in the end were forced to undertake it to try and avoid Europe, including the UK, being dominated by one of the most evil regimes that ever ruled. Whatever your arguments for us voluntarily undertaking Brexit I suspect they don't quite match up to those, so probably don't really justify allusions to that sacrifice.

If you don't think Brexit will mean any privations you don't need "we coped with the war" as a reassurance because there will be nothing to cope with.

If you rather suspect that there might be some privations to cope with, you need to persuade people that those privations are worth enduring, not just that they can endure them. Most of us can endure lots of things for a good reason; I get a bit tetchy about trivial stuff like my train being delayed when it seems to be for no good reason.
But think of the stories :thumbup:
Plato'sCave

Post by Plato'sCave »

Blind Hookah wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

The Canadian one looks like his MSc thesis for some Poly. The Irish one is from the same people who gave us 28% growth or something a couple of years back. Excuse me if I think you may have underestimated the impact of taking on 2 million people, mostly all state dependent, be it work or benefits, 1 million of which don't want to be there and the security operation that goes with it.

What would you do about the 12th of July, would it be a national holiday north and south or would you tell the 1 million people to stick their history as there is a new sheriff in town,

Sounds likes project fear response to me
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

bimboman wrote:
etherman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

Using the Irish language on the title page ?
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Blind Hookah wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

I'd love a BH in the middle of July, who wouldn't ?

EDIT

That's pretty good going by the way.

The Oireachtas report is 452 pages long, and the KLC Consulting one some 84 pages.

That's pretty good reading and digestion of ideas and models for under 15 minutes.
Last edited by camroc1 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
etherman

Post by etherman »

Blind Hookah wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

Well there you have it. The Irish are too thick to run their own affairs. Not much has changed in 100 years.
Blind Hookah

Post by Blind Hookah »

You do know that means nothing in the real world. Remember the fearsome Republican Guard in Iraq that the news kept going on about as the troops when in and all the stats. Waste of time in the end.
Plato'sCave

Post by Plato'sCave »

Blind Hookah wrote:
You do know that means nothing in the real world. Remember the fearsome Republican Guard in Iraq that the news kept going on about as the troops when in and all the stats. Waste of time in the end.
:roll:
Iraq is not on the list.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

SamShark wrote:
bimboman wrote:

This brilliant Brexit thing you've been defending to the hilt sounds absolutely shit.

I'm sure we'll eventually swallow the shit sandwich you've served us.

But it's the poor fuckers who didn't vote for this who will have to sort it rather than selfish "I'm alright jack" baby boomers who will slope off mumbling "something, something, something May's a remainer"
I voted remain. I defend the democratic decision and the importance of democracy. Just think those poor f uckers could have voted for a remain party last year, they flocked instead to an old brexiteer who promised them a bit of free stuff, I've so little sympathy.

But your view to austerity alone says you don't actually care for their burden.
SamShark

Post by SamShark »

But think of the stories
I have visions of the "war" films we'll be watching in 50 years time

Saving Privatised Ryan
A Boris Bridge Too Far
The C*nt in the Pinstriped Suit
Where Chlorinated Chickens Dare
The Shit Red Line
Blind Hookah

Post by Blind Hookah »

Plato'sCave wrote:
Blind Hookah wrote:
Iraq is not on the list.
But Egypt is 12th and Thailand is 16th. Both lunch time jobs.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Plato'sCave wrote:
Blind Hookah wrote:
Iraq is not on the list.

Well not anymore, that's rather the point being made.