Chiefs v Reds

All things Rugby
User avatar
mojo
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Brisvegas

Chiefs v Reds

Post by mojo »

Can't see a match thread for this? Anyway here's the teams.

CHIEFS (15-1): Solomon Alaimalo, Shaun Stevenson, Tumua Manu, Alex Nankivell, Etene Nanai-Seturo, Marty McKenzie, Brad Weber, Pita Gus Sowakula, Lachlan Boshier, Sam Cane (c), Tyler Ardron, Jesse Parete, Nepo Laulala, Nathan Harris, Atu Moli

Reserves: Samisoni Taukei’aho, Aidan Ross, Sosefo Kautai, Daymon Leasuasu, Mitchell Karpik, Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Jack Debreczeni, Sean Wainui

REDS (15-1): Matt McGahan, Jock Campbell, Seb Wileman, Duncan Paia’aua, Sefa Naivalu, Bryce Hegarty, Tate McDermott, Angus Scott-Young, Liam Wright, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, Angus Blyth, Izack Rodda (c), Taniela Tupou, Alex Mafi, Harry Hoopert

Reserves: Brandon Paenga-Amosa, Feao Fotuaika, Ruan Smith, Adam Korczyk, Scott Higginbotham, Scott Malolua, Teti Tela, Liam McNamara

Referee: Angus Gardner (AUS)

Reds playing across the dutch without their one class player, can't see much hope for them.


















Reds by 1.
User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 16569
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA!

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by Thomas »

My son's teacher's son is playing (Liam McNamara). She gives out all his Australian Sevens kits to the kids in school. My son has his training jersey...fits me like a glove.

He's pretty versatile and can fill in anywhere in the back three. Hope he does well.

I won't be watching on account of the fact a builder doing our renovations severed the Foxtel and the NBN cable yesterday. We may be a month without television or internet.
User avatar
mojo
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Brisvegas

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by mojo »

Thomas wrote:My son's teacher's son is playing (Liam McNamara). She gives out all his Australian Sevens kits to the kids in school. My son has his training jersey...fits me like a glove.

He's pretty versatile and can fill in anywhere in the back three. Hope he does well.

I won't be watching on account of the fact a builder doing our renovations severed the Foxtel and the NBN cable yesterday. We may be a month without television or internet.
Foxtel Go on your phone mate. :thumbup:
User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 16569
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA!

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by Thomas »

mojo wrote:
Thomas wrote:My son's teacher's son is playing (Liam McNamara). She gives out all his Australian Sevens kits to the kids in school. My son has his training jersey...fits me like a glove.

He's pretty versatile and can fill in anywhere in the back three. Hope he does well.

I won't be watching on account of the fact a builder doing our renovations severed the Foxtel and the NBN cable yesterday. We may be a month without television or internet.
Foxtel Go on your phone mate. :thumbup:
Yes, but that'll drain my data!
User avatar
kiwigreg369
Posts: 5238
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by kiwigreg369 »

SAM CANE
User avatar
comets
Posts: 9478
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:04 am

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by comets »

in the news for him to shift to 6, might be a good idea with Ardie in top form..whats better than one pilfering openside than 2.. fiji have used this idea before (we had 3 once lol with qera, botia and yato at 8, 6 and 7)
merlin the happy pig
Posts: 1869
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by merlin the happy pig »

mojo wrote:Can't see a match thread for this? Anyway here's the teams.

CHIEFS (15-1): Solomon Alaimalo, Shaun Stevenson, Tumua Manu, Alex Nankivell, Etene Nanai-Seturo, Marty McKenzie, Brad Weber, Pita Gus Sowakula, Lachlan Boshier, Sam Cane (c), Tyler Ardron, Jesse Parete, Nepo Laulala, Nathan Harris, Atu Moli

Reserves: Samisoni Taukei’aho, Aidan Ross, Sosefo Kautai, Daymon Leasuasu, Mitchell Karpik, Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Jack Debreczeni, Sean Wainui

REDS (15-1): Matt McGahan, Jock Campbell, Seb Wileman, Duncan Paia’aua, Sefa Naivalu, Bryce Hegarty, Tate McDermott, Angus Scott-Young, Liam Wright, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, Angus Blyth, Izack Rodda (c), Taniela Tupou, Alex Mafi, Harry Hoopert

Reserves: Brandon Paenga-Amosa, Feao Fotuaika, Ruan Smith, Adam Korczyk, Scott Higginbotham, Scott Malolua, Teti Tela, Liam McNamara

Referee: Angus Gardner (AUS)

Reds playing across the dutch without their one class player, can't see much hope for them.


















Reds by 1.
Geez that's a patched up Chiefs outfit.
They still seem to play with a lot of pace, and can score good tries, but there's a serious lack of quality/experience there.
User avatar
comets
Posts: 9478
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:04 am

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by comets »

red have named their 4th choice 9on bench, looks like depleting stocks there too weakest midfled ever..good to see the return of teti tela..Higers acn;t wait to go back to japan.. Chiefs by 30, more interested in their next game next week ;)
Last edited by comets on Fri May 24, 2019 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Turbogoat
Posts: 21769
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Middle East

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by Turbogoat »

We have absolutely no way of knowing which of the Jeckyl or Hyde Chiefs teams are going to show up on the day, so any predictions are mere wild-ass guesses at best.

Great to see Sam Cane getting a start after his off-the-bench performance last week, hope his return to form continues well.
User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 16569
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA!

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by Thomas »

Turbogoat wrote:We have absolutely no way of knowing which of the Jeckyl or Hyde Chiefs teams are going to show up on the day, so any predictions are mere wild-ass guesses at best.

Great to see Sam Cane getting a start after his off-the-bench performance last week, hope his return to form continues well.
Same with the Reds, mate. I'd say without Kerevi they will get smashed but you honestly just don't know. They racked up 6 tries last week against the Tards.
User avatar
MungoMan
Posts: 13193
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Coalfalls

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by MungoMan »

kiwigreg369 wrote:SAM CANE
Since I'm always looking for the bright side...

the return of Mr Cane may well prevent the Reds' forwards from making total arses of themselves in Hamilton's seedy late-night precincts since they will be too busy nursing their bruises.
User avatar
kiwigreg369
Posts: 5238
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by kiwigreg369 »

MungoMan wrote:
kiwigreg369 wrote:SAM CANE
Since I'm always looking for the bright side...

the return of Mr Cane may well prevent the Reds' forwards from making total arses of themselves in Hamilton's seedy late-night precincts since they will be too busy nursing their bruises.
I hope he chases and beats these boys all night - Duncan Paia’aua, Sefa Naivalu, Bryce Hegarty, Tate McDermott, Angus Scott-Young, Liam Wright, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto

Although i suspect Paia'aua has too much pace and foot work, and Lukhan is a big unit so not likely......
User avatar
Toro
Posts: 6875
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Madrid

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by Toro »

Jeez rough call on that disallowed try to the Chiefs.
User avatar
Turbogoat
Posts: 21769
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Middle East

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by Turbogoat »

The scrum didn't move an inch.
User avatar
deadduck
Posts: 6141
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Vandean Coast

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by deadduck »

Toro wrote:Jeez rough call on that disallowed try to the Chiefs.
The first angle looked like he dropped it. The second and third angles didn't. But the TMO made up his mind from just the first angle.
User avatar
Turbogoat
Posts: 21769
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Middle East

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by Turbogoat »

boomfa? Always good seeing a big guy manage to get up to some pace like that.
User avatar
booji boy
Posts: 8852
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by booji boy »

MungoMan wrote:
kiwigreg369 wrote:SAM CANE
Since I'm always looking for the bright side...

the return of Mr Cane may well prevent the Reds' forwards from making total arses of themselves in Hamilton's seedy late-night precincts since they will be too busy nursing their bruises.
:lol:
User avatar
Turbogoat
Posts: 21769
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Middle East

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by Turbogoat »

Nathan Harris is falling back into his penalty-magnet ways. (not sure he ever left them tbh)
User avatar
guy smiley
Posts: 32972
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: in transit

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by guy smiley »

Turbogoat wrote:Nathan Harris is falling back into his penalty-magnet ways. (not sure he ever left them tbh)
nope, he never lost them, he's become a favourite butt of all jokes in this BOP household.
User avatar
Toro
Posts: 6875
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Madrid

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by Toro »

Nice turnover from Cane. :thumbup:
User avatar
guy smiley
Posts: 32972
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: in transit

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by guy smiley »

Kung fu fighting :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Kiwias
Posts: 41038
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by Kiwias »

Lovely counter rucking there by the Chiefs
User avatar
Kiwias
Posts: 41038
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by Kiwias »

Kiwias wrote:Lovely counter rucking there by the Chiefs
Reds return the compliment :x :x :x
User avatar
Turbogoat
Posts: 21769
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Middle East

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by Turbogoat »

triple/ quadruple movement?
User avatar
guy smiley
Posts: 32972
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: in transit

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by guy smiley »

Image
User avatar
Toro
Posts: 6875
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Madrid

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by Toro »

TMO on his game tonight. Gus trying his hardest to award the try.
User avatar
Turbogoat
Posts: 21769
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Middle East

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by Turbogoat »

...And he drops it cold... :x
User avatar
booji boy
Posts: 8852
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by booji boy »

guy smiley wrote:Image
:lol:

Yet it still took the TMO and referee an age and umpteen replays to decide it wasn't a try :x
BBB
Posts: 8127
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:08 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by BBB »

Not many straight lines being run by the Chiefs backs at the moment.

Big try right on halftime for them right on halftime.
User avatar
Turbogoat
Posts: 21769
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Middle East

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by Turbogoat »

Keeeriiiist, do the Chiefs have to bobble the ball when they catch every single pass? this is not good for blood pressure
User avatar
Turbogoat
Posts: 21769
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Middle East

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by Turbogoat »

OK, that wasn't bad. Always good to score at the half.
User avatar
Toro
Posts: 6875
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Madrid

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by Toro »

booji boy wrote:
guy smiley wrote:Image
:lol:

Yet it still took the TMO and referee an age and umpteen replays to decide it wasn't a try :x
I think that was because Gus was saying that Cane had pulled him over.
User avatar
guy smiley
Posts: 32972
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: in transit

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by guy smiley »

Toro wrote:
booji boy wrote:
guy smiley wrote:Image
:lol:

Yet it still took the TMO and referee an age and umpteen replays to decide it wasn't a try :x
I think that was because Gus was saying that Cane had pulled him over.
If they'd managed to come up with that finding I would have lost it :lol:
User avatar
Turbogoat
Posts: 21769
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Middle East

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by Turbogoat »

guy smiley wrote:
Toro wrote:
booji boy wrote:
guy smiley wrote:Image
:lol:

Yet it still took the TMO and referee an age and umpteen replays to decide it wasn't a try :x
I think that was because Gus was saying that Cane had pulled him over.
If they'd managed to come up with that finding I would have lost it :lol:
You're not in Gauteng-amala now, Dr Ropata.
User avatar
booji boy
Posts: 8852
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by booji boy »

Toro wrote:
booji boy wrote:
guy smiley wrote:Image
:lol:

Yet it still took the TMO and referee an age and umpteen replays to decide it wasn't a try :x
I think that was because Gus was saying that Cane had pulled him over.
Yeah because the defending player, just meters from his own try line, always tries to pull the attacking player over the goal line. :roll:
User avatar
booji boy
Posts: 8852
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by booji boy »

Turbogoat wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
booji boy wrote:
guy smiley wrote:Image
:lol:

Yet it still took the TMO and referee an age and umpteen replays to decide it wasn't a try :x
If they'd managed to come up with that finding I would have lost it :lol:
You're not in Gauteng-amala now, Dr Ropata.
:lol:
User avatar
Toro
Posts: 6875
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Madrid

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by Toro »

booji boy wrote:
Toro wrote:
booji boy wrote:
guy smiley wrote:Image
:lol:

Yet it still took the TMO and referee an age and umpteen replays to decide it wasn't a try :x
I think that was because Gus was saying that Cane had pulled him over.
Yeah because the defending player, just meters from his own try line, always tries to pull the attacking player over the goal line. :roll:
In all fairness it did look something like that in realtime, someone going for a pilfer can easily pull someone towards them. Decision shouldn't have taken so long once the elbow shuffle was seen though.
User avatar
Turbogoat
Posts: 21769
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Middle East

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by Turbogoat »

Oh Crap... hate seeing the medics using spinal precautions... hope he's ok. :(
User avatar
booji boy
Posts: 8852
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by booji boy »

Toro wrote:In all fairness it did look something like that in realtime, someone going for a pilfer can easily pull someone towards them. Decision shouldn't have taken so long once the elbow shuffle was seen though.
Seriously though the first or second replay showed the player on the ground with the ball crawling just like the GIF Guy posted. Especially considering the earlier Chiefs try that was disallowed for the same offence.
Brumbieman
Posts: 3479
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Chiefs v Reds

Post by Brumbieman »

How the fudge can a country with AFL as it's most popular winter sport produce such f**king appalling kickers in rugby? It's genuinely embarrassing how useless our kickers are.
Post Reply