Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4777 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 120  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 18592
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
I guess it would be unfair to expect him to waive it.

I remember Steph being asked about only getting $10m a year when he was winning MVPs and titles. He said "I can't be complaining with $10m a year." Attitude like that is what made it possible to have a team of stars.


Yeah, the Warriors did get some of their stars to forego money to form/keep the team together but by that stage they'd proven the system worked & established trust & camaraderie, whereas Davis is coming into an unknown environment.

Depends how much the bonus is but another top player could take them to the promise land cementing his own legacy. Plus LeBron aint getting younger.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17499
CrazyIslander wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
I guess it would be unfair to expect him to waive it.

I remember Steph being asked about only getting $10m a year when he was winning MVPs and titles. He said "I can't be complaining with $10m a year." Attitude like that is what made it possible to have a team of stars.


Yeah, the Warriors did get some of their stars to forego money to form/keep the team together but by that stage they'd proven the system worked & established trust & camaraderie, whereas Davis is coming into an unknown environment.

Depends how much the bonus is but another top player could take them to the promise land cementing his own legacy. Plus LeBron aint getting younger.


It's $4M & only this year obv. If they can delay the trade to July 30 and sign someone before that they'd have around $31M in space apparently.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 18592
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
I guess it would be unfair to expect him to waive it.

I remember Steph being asked about only getting $10m a year when he was winning MVPs and titles. He said "I can't be complaining with $10m a year." Attitude like that is what made it possible to have a team of stars.


Yeah, the Warriors did get some of their stars to forego money to form/keep the team together but by that stage they'd proven the system worked & established trust & camaraderie, whereas Davis is coming into an unknown environment.

Depends how much the bonus is but another top player could take them to the promise land cementing his own legacy. Plus LeBron aint getting younger.


It's $4M & only this year obv. If they can delay the trade to July 30 and sign someone before that they'd have around $31M in space apparently.

That's nothing. He's looking at least $500m+ if he spends 10yrs at the Lakers especially if he wins a championship.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17499
CrazyIslander wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
I guess it would be unfair to expect him to waive it.

I remember Steph being asked about only getting $10m a year when he was winning MVPs and titles. He said "I can't be complaining with $10m a year." Attitude like that is what made it possible to have a team of stars.


Yeah, the Warriors did get some of their stars to forego money to form/keep the team together but by that stage they'd proven the system worked & established trust & camaraderie, whereas Davis is coming into an unknown environment.

Depends how much the bonus is but another top player could take them to the promise land cementing his own legacy. Plus LeBron aint getting younger.


It's $4M & only this year obv. If they can delay the trade to July 30 and sign someone before that they'd have around $31M in space apparently.

That's nothing. He's looking at least $500m+ if he spends 10yrs at the Lakers especially if he wins a championship.



If.

Yes, he will obviously make substantially more in endorsements being the face of the Lakers, but look at it like this, the only reason he'd need to give up the bonus would be cause they didn't insist on the trade going through July 30 - either cause they didn't do their homework or didn't negotiate hard enough. So either they're incompetent, weak or just thought they could talk Davis around.

None of those would really fill a new employee with goodwill.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6126
I thought it a home run for LA at first but that pick distribution could get very interesting. I was not a fan of any of the Lakers' young guys.

Perhaps Kuzma is their avenue to more space if one of the big guns commit. Attach him to KCP. If they get Kyrie or Kawhi boy oh boy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 3447
Location: Boston
TheBouncer wrote:
I thought it a home run for LA at first but that pick distribution could get very interesting. I was not a fan of any of the Lakers' young guys.

Perhaps Kuzma is their avenue to more space if one of the big guns commit. Attach him to KCP. If they get Kyrie or Kawhi boy oh boy.


Kawhi doesn’t strike me as the type of guy to join a pile-on team. And as he just showed, he doesn’t need to.

Legend.

Kyrie on the other hand I think is increasingly likely, especially as him and Lebron seemed to have buried any sort of hatchet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 11033
Just heard Pels sending Solomon Hill and pick 4 to Atlanta for 8, 17 and 35.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 12822
https://twitter.com/_Andrew_Lopez
Quote:
Anthony Davis has turned into:

- Lonzo Ball
- Brandon Ingram
- Josh Hart
- No. 8 pick in 19
- No. 17 pick in 19
- No. 35 pick in 19
- L.A.' 21 pick if top 8
- L.A.' 22 pick if not
- L.A. swap in 23
- L.A.' 1st in either 24 or 25

And got rid of Solomon Hill's contract.

I ran out of room - but also the heavily protected Cleveland pick for next year. Here are the protections on that pick. Likely turns into 2nds in 2021 and 2022 unless Cleveland falls into late lottery next season or makes playoffs.


Bobby Marks: https://twitter.com/bobbymarks42/status/1141830749164834819?s=21
Quote:
New Orleans is now @ $31M in room after the Solomon Hill trade to Atlanta. Could increase based on the 5 non-guaranteed contract the Pelicans have.


Griffin knows what he's doing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17499
Wonder who the Hawks are aiming for? Garland has been talked about as the most likely #4 pick, but they've got Young already.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 12822
Woj:

Quote:
Atlanta is pursuing Virginia's DeAndre Hunter with the No. 4 pick, league sources tell ESPN. Atlanta GM Travis Schlenk makes a big move in lottery second year in a row to get his man. Last year, it was Trae Young. This time, DeAndre Hunter.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 12822
https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/1141841993024204801?s=21

Quote:
Sources tells @TheAthletic that the Anthony Davis trade is expected to be completed on July 6 and that New Orleans holds control of the timing. As it stands, that would leave Lakers with $23.7 million in cap room - $27.7 mil if AD waives trade kicker.


:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 12822
Decent stream for the draft: http://buffstreamz.com/watch/nba/draft.php


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1350
Good pick


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17499
vintage_cox wrote:
Good pick


Haven't heard much about this guy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1003
Bulls draft 'Sideshow Bob'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 3447
Location: Boston
Marshall Banana wrote:
Decent stream for the draft: http://buffstreamz.com/watch/nba/draft.php


"Ay bruh"

*slinks over with hands in pockets and brim of cap pulled down*

You have a go-to stream spot, what with /r/NBAstreams getting taken down? Like do you just go straight to buffstreamz? Those were my preferred links during the season anyway...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 12822
fonzeee wrote:
Marshall Banana wrote:
Decent stream for the draft: http://buffstreamz.com/watch/nba/draft.php


"Ay bruh"

*slinks over with hands in pockets and brim of cap pulled down*

You have a go-to stream spot, what with /r/NBAstreams getting taken down? Like do you just go straight to buffstreamz? Those were my preferred links during the season anyway...


*pours one out for r/NBAstreams*

They will live on here: https://sportsurge.net/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17499
Right, from here on in I don't know anyone other than Bol Bol and I'm just here for the trades.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 3447
Location: Boston
Marshall Banana wrote:
fonzeee wrote:
Marshall Banana wrote:
Decent stream for the draft: http://buffstreamz.com/watch/nba/draft.php


"Ay bruh"

*slinks over with hands in pockets and brim of cap pulled down*

You have a go-to stream spot, what with /r/NBAstreams getting taken down? Like do you just go straight to buffstreamz? Those were my preferred links during the season anyway...


*pours one out for r/NBAstreams*

They will live on here: https://sportsurge.net/


:thumbup: :thumbup: Thanks dude


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 12822
Here we go...

Woj,
Quote:
Oklahoma City is engaged in several conversations with teams to move back in first-round from No. 21, league sources tell ESPN.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17499
Marshall Banana wrote:
Here we go...

Woj,
Quote:
Oklahoma City is engaged in several conversations with teams to move back in first-round from No. 21, league sources tell ESPN.


Adams being traded?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 12822
Nah.

Not yet anyway.

Adams is overpaid, but he's too good just to be a salary dump.

OKC trading back b/c this Draft ain't shit. I'm just trying to get excited here... :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 3447
Location: Boston
Marshall Banana wrote:
Nah.

Not yet anyway.

Adams is overpaid, but he's too good just to be a salary dump.

OKC trading back b/c this Draft ain't shit. I'm just trying to get excited here... :lol:


There were rumors he was been shopped, for whatever that's worth, albeit probably not terribly much.

Would you follow him or stay with OKC?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 12822
fonzeee wrote:
Marshall Banana wrote:
Nah.

Not yet anyway.

Adams is overpaid, but he's too good just to be a salary dump.

OKC trading back b/c this Draft ain't shit. I'm just trying to get excited here... :lol:


There were rumors he was been shopped, for whatever that's worth, albeit probably not terribly much.

Would you follow him or stay with OKC?


Both.

OKC is my team now, but I'll still watch Steve ball. Basically, as long as he doesn't end up in Boston, I'll survive...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 3447
Location: Boston
This Frenchman seems interesting. I'm always pretty big on scooping up the Euros.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 3447
Location: Boston
I'm kinda hoping we just say fuckit and go with Bol squared. If he breaks, so be it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 3447
Location: Boston
I see my previous two posts are in conflict.

But I think I prefer this. And who doesn't love the Georgians :thumbup:

Clearly one of Turner or Sabonis is on the move.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 11033
Darius Garland the year after you take Sexton. :?

Hayes was a solid pick. Probably my favorite player in this class after the top 2 and fills the hole left by AD.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 3447
Location: Boston
Bowens wrote:
Darius Garland the year after you take Sexton. :?

Hayes was a solid pick. Probably my favorite player in this class after the top 2 and fills the hole left by AD.


Windler is a good one...the scuttlebutt is that the Pacers picked up #32 to get him, but he didn't even make it that far. Underrated on account of going to a nothing-school, but more than just your stereotypical white guy shooter. Excellent rebounder too, apparently.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 11033
He balled out vs Maryland in the tourney. We need a 2 guard so it’s a good pick for that spot.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8591
Was Jontay Porter's physical that bad? I mean that dude would have been a mid-first, maybe late lotto pick last year before the injury. You'd have to have a very dim outlook for his future if you don't take a late 2nd round flier on him. If he gets healthy, he could be a very useful player.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 196
goeagles wrote:
Was Jontay Porter's physical that bad? I mean that dude would have been a mid-first, maybe late lotto pick last year before the injury. You'd have to have a very dim outlook for his future if you don't take a late 2nd round flier on him. If he gets healthy, he could be a very useful player.

He had off the court issues, shitty attitude and all that. If it is the case, he must be a bit of an arse to get dropped that far down.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8591
Boil up wrote:
goeagles wrote:
Was Jontay Porter's physical that bad? I mean that dude would have been a mid-first, maybe late lotto pick last year before the injury. You'd have to have a very dim outlook for his future if you don't take a late 2nd round flier on him. If he gets healthy, he could be a very useful player.

He had off the court issues, shitty attitude and all that. If it is the case, he must be a bit of an arse to get dropped that far down.


Jontay did? I know Bol did, but hadn't heard anything like that about Jontay.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 196
goeagles wrote:
Boil up wrote:
goeagles wrote:
Was Jontay Porter's physical that bad? I mean that dude would have been a mid-first, maybe late lotto pick last year before the injury. You'd have to have a very dim outlook for his future if you don't take a late 2nd round flier on him. If he gets healthy, he could be a very useful player.

He had off the court issues, shitty attitude and all that. If it is the case, he must be a bit of an arse to get dropped that far down.


Jontay did? I know Bol did, but hadn't heard anything like that about Jontay.

JR Porter yeah? I just read 5 minutes before seeing your post that he had issues.
Quote:
Porter Jr should be one of the top picks in the draft, with a high three-point percentage. Unfortunately, he was suspended during his last semester with USC thanks to off-the-court behavior and has been stuck with the label of having “maturity issues.” In the right environment, he could be a steal in the draft or he could find his way out of the league.

If it’s a different dude, sorry for the confusion.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 12822
Even Porter's sister has torn her ACL 5 times... :uhoh:

Hopefully we see Michael get on the floor, but teams passing on Jontay is understandable.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8591
Boil up wrote:
goeagles wrote:
Boil up wrote:
goeagles wrote:
Was Jontay Porter's physical that bad? I mean that dude would have been a mid-first, maybe late lotto pick last year before the injury. You'd have to have a very dim outlook for his future if you don't take a late 2nd round flier on him. If he gets healthy, he could be a very useful player.

He had off the court issues, shitty attitude and all that. If it is the case, he must be a bit of an arse to get dropped that far down.


Jontay did? I know Bol did, but hadn't heard anything like that about Jontay.

JR Porter yeah? I just read 5 minutes before seeing your post that he had issues.
Quote:
Porter Jr should be one of the top picks in the draft, with a high three-point percentage. Unfortunately, he was suspended during his last semester with USC thanks to off-the-court behavior and has been stuck with the label of having “maturity issues.” In the right environment, he could be a steal in the draft or he could find his way out of the league.

If it’s a different dude, sorry for the confusion.


Different dude. That's Kevin Porter Jr. Jontay played at Mizzou with his bro Michael Porter Jr.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17499
goeagles wrote:

Different dude. That's Kevin Porter Jr. Jontay played at Mizzou with his bro Michael Porter Jr.


I thought you were saying Kevin & Michael were brothers and was wondering if they had a really stupid father.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8591
Marshall Banana wrote:
Even Porter's sister has torn her ACL 5 times... :uhoh:

Hopefully we see Michael get on the floor, but teams passing on Jontay is understandable.


Reportedly looking good but talk is cheap. I guess we will see what MPJ looks like when Summer League starts soon. With Jontay, I don't get it. Super weak draft depth wise and he's arguably a better player than MPJ when both are healthy. Definitely the type that can be a 2nd round find, beyond the injuries too. High BBIQ, great passer. Not saying he's Draymond or Jokic, but those are the types of players that have historically been undervalued and been great finds in the late first, early 2nd.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 3447
Location: Boston
I always loved the Porter pick for the Nugs, and I truly believe it’ll pay off.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 12822
goeagles wrote:
Marshall Banana wrote:
Even Porter's sister has torn her ACL 5 times... :uhoh:

Hopefully we see Michael get on the floor, but teams passing on Jontay is understandable.


Reportedly looking good but talk is cheap. I guess we will see what MPJ looks like when Summer League starts soon. With Jontay, I don't get it. Super weak draft depth wise and he's arguably a better player than MPJ when both are healthy. Definitely the type that can be a 2nd round find, beyond the injuries too. High BBIQ, great passer. Not saying he's Draymond or Jokic, but those are the types of players that have historically been undervalued and been great finds in the late first, early 2nd.


https://twitter.com/Sam_Vecenie/status/1141928491178319872

I popped Jontay Porter in my final mock mostly out of hope that someone would take a shot. But the feedback I got from teams was that he was unlikely to be picked because of the obvious: concerns about his medicals.

What's his pathway from here? Rehab, and then hope to get a G League invite down the line?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4777 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 120  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 4071, bimboman, Boxcar Ira, danthefan, Dark, DraadkarD, EverReady, Hong Kong, Liathroidigloine, marcus1, Nolanator, Oxbow, Rinkals, SEAsianExpat, sonic_attack, Trig, wamberal and 71 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group