Chat Forum
It is currently Sun May 31, 2020 7:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 422999 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9803, 9804, 9805, 9806, 9807, 9808, 9809 ... 10575  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:21 pm 

danthefan wrote:
CM11 wrote:
danthefan wrote:
Conan hasn't made either 23 so far.

Bit surprising alright.

This weekend is first choice bar the injuries so that'll start all the big games now I reckon. With Sexton and Ryan coming in.

And Dev.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:25 pm 

shabadoo wrote:
Looks like Kleyn is going to travel. Getting beaten up by England and Wales in the 6N has done his chances a world of good. Joe called out his momentum stopping tackles agsinst Italy. Wonder will Beirne travel too?

Big winner from today is Beirne. If he makes an impact he's nudging himself closer to the plane. Can cover lock, 6, 8 and brings the turnover threat that we're missing without SOB/Leavy (although I assume he can't cover 7?).

We're clearly bringing the big bastards, and Beirne is a big bastard (for a 6/8).

Really interesting and strong team. I still think Klyne is a bit of a pudding, and of course 10 is a weakness, but I could see Byrne doing quietly well and leaving the flashy stuff to others around him. I'm prejudiced against him because he combines the pace of a sloth with the turning circle of a blue whale, but he's got a good head on his shoulders in fairness...

I think this could be very close...Ireland by 5.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:34 pm 

From the Indo:

Quote:
Schmidt doesn’t consider Beirne big enough to be a starting lock in Test rugby, but appreciates what he brings to a handful of positions off the bench. His comments at the team announcement were interesting.

"I'm not saying he's (Beirne) not good enough to start in either of those positions but he's nice security, having him covering all five of those back five positions, albeit number seven we'd probably need to mix and match somebody, but he can cover numbers six, eight or five.”

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:40 pm 

Beirne, conan and VDF would be a fast moving, ball playing back 3 combo to try in a non-vital pool game

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:46 pm 

Irish wrote:
Beirne, conan and VDF would be a fast moving, ball playing back 3 combo to try in a non-vital pool game

Why would you play VDF in a non-vital pool game?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:01 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
Irish wrote:

Why would you play VDF in a non-vital pool game?

fair call. but he might bored in his hotel room like. and he loves the tackling. so why not? ;-)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:08 pm 

“That’s probably a fair observation,” said Schmidt of Sexton and Byrne’s similarities. “I think Ross’s ability to control the game, it’s one of the things that was defining between Joey and him at Leinster probably in that Ross ran the game and Joey ran really well individually but I think it’s also something that comes with a rhythm and game time.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:13 pm 

a narrow loss here wouldn't be a bad result ..... Eddie Jones seems to be going balls out on saturday as if its the RWC final, which could back to bite him in terms of peaking too soon, shipping injuries to key players or suffering a confidence sapping defeat at home to us

like I said, a narrow loss with feck all injuries would do nicely thank you very much ...... allowing us to aim for 2 wins against Wales

fvcking petrified for JVDF

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:26 pm 

A possible second half lineout containing Kleyn, Toner, POM and Beirne would be very interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:27 pm 

Uncle Fester wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Kleyn, Stander and Aki.

Pretty embarrassing for a proud rugby nation all the same.

1 Munster man in the starting team is pretty dire.

I hope you don't have to count past 1 in your job.

It's grand, I'm POM's stats man.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:31 pm 

Flametop wrote:
A possible second half lineout containing Kleyn, Toner, POM and Beirne would be very interesting.

Do you reckon between them one of them will be able to guess where Best or Cronin are throwing it?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:34 pm 

sewa wrote:
Flametop wrote:

Do you reckon between them one of them will be able to guess where Best or Cronin are throwing it?

That’s easy.
If it’s Best, on or inside the opposition 22, it’s either going to their lock or over the top to their out half.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:57 pm 

Real shame we won't see Leavy come up against SH backrows.
Him vs Pocock and (prime) SOB vs Pocock were the two matchups I've always wanted to see.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:10 pm 

Munster A:
Rob Hedderman (UCC),
Matt Bowen (UCC),
Louis Bruce (PBC Cork/UCC/U20),
Tommy Downes (CBC Cork/Galwegians/U20),
Ronan Quinn (Glenstal/Dublin University/U20);
Jack Crowley (Capt) (Bandon Grammar/U20)
Charlie O’Doherty (Newcastle West RFC/Young Munster/U20);
James French (Bandon Grammar/Academy),
Scott Buckley (CBC Cork/UCC/U20),
Corrie Barrett (RBAI/Garryowen);
Kevin Seymour (Garryowen),
Paddy Kelly (St. Munchins/Academy/U20);
Cian Hurley (CBC Cork/Clonakilty/U20),
David Hyland (PBC Cork/Cork Con),
Luke Clohessy (Ard Scoil Ris/Shannon)

Replacements:
Kieran O’Shea (Castletroy/UL Bohs/U20),
Aaron Hennessy (Ennis RFC/Nenagh/U20),
Luke Masters (CBC Cork/Cork Con),
Eoin O’Connor (Waterpark RFC/Academy/U20),
Conor Mitchell (Young Munster),
Kevin O’Connor (Cashel RFC/U20),
Maccon Casserly (Crescent/Old Crescent/U20),
Pa Ryan (Ard Scoil Ris/Shannon).

Last edited by irishrugbyua on Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:13 pm 

irishrugbyua wrote:
Munster A: Rob Hedderman (UCC), Matt Bowen (UCC), Louis Bruce (UCC/U20), Tommy Downes (Galwegians/U20), Ronan Quinn (Dublin University/U20); Jack Crowley (Capt) (Bandon/U20) Charlie O’Doherty (Young Munster/U20); James French (Academy), Scott Buckley (UCC/U20), Corrie Barrett (Garryowen); Kevin Seymour (Garryowen), Paddy Kelly (Academy/U20); Cian Hurley (Clonakilty/U20), David Hyland (Cork Con), Luke Clohessy (Shannon).

Replacements: Kieran O’Shea (UL Bohs), Aaron Hennessy (Nenagh/U20), Luke Masters (Cork Con), Eoin O’Connor (Academy/U20), Conor Mitchell (Young Munster), Kevin O’Connor (Cashel/U20), Maccon Casserly (Old Crescent), Pa Ryan (Shannon).

Well this is news to me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:19 pm 

I’m very worried about this match. I can see a hammering and injuries. The English juicers can do a lot of damage. If our guys go in there half hearted trying to avoid injury then that is exactly what will happen. Also very very concerned not to see Carty and Conan get starts.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:32 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
I’m very worried about this match. I can see a hammering and injuries. The English juicers can do a lot of damage. If our guys go in there half hearted trying to avoid injury then that is exactly what will happen.

Totally agree. Wouldn’t put the first team within 100 miles of twickenham right now. Not worth the risk.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:06 pm 

unseenwork wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
Munster A: Rob Hedderman (UCC), Matt Bowen (UCC), Louis Bruce (UCC/U20), Tommy Downes (Galwegians/U20), Ronan Quinn (Dublin University/U20); Jack Crowley (Capt) (Bandon/U20) Charlie O’Doherty (Young Munster/U20); James French (Academy), Scott Buckley (UCC/U20), Corrie Barrett (Garryowen); Kevin Seymour (Garryowen), Paddy Kelly (Academy/U20); Cian Hurley (Clonakilty/U20), David Hyland (Cork Con), Luke Clohessy (Shannon).

Replacements: Kieran O’Shea (UL Bohs), Aaron Hennessy (Nenagh/U20), Luke Masters (Cork Con), Eoin O’Connor (Academy/U20), Conor Mitchell (Young Munster), Kevin O’Connor (Cashel/U20), Maccon Casserly (Old Crescent), Pa Ryan (Shannon).

Well this is news to me.

Munster going after Ulster academy kids now?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:15 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:

Well this is news to me.

And there's a lad from Galwegians in there too. Shocking

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:29 pm 

de_Selby wrote:
Murray Kinsella wrote:
With Joey Carbery out injured and looking like a real doubt for the World Cup

Does this mean the thinking has changed and Carbery is more likely to miss the WC than was thought before?

Byrne can't have a better chance than starting with essentially a full strength team anyway.

There's another quote now where he's said this in more explicit terms :(

Quote:
the Irish coaching staff’s concern over the fitness of Joey Carbery, who is now a significant doubt not only for kick-off in Yokohama but the whole tournament.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:44 pm 

Porterbelly1 wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:

Well this is news to me.

And there's a lad from Galwegians in there too. Shocking

He is from Cork and went to CBC, just in college in Galway.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:49 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:

Well this is news to me.

Well Barrett only ever did get sub academy from Ulster.

This is a good move for him though down to Garryowen and 1A.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:52 pm 

CONNACHT EAGLES v DRAGONS (2pm Friday 23rd August @ The Sportsground)

15. Conor Hayes - ex Munster
14. Hugh Lane
13. Seán O’Brien - ex Leinster
12. Luke Carty
11. Peter Sullivan - ex Leinster
10. Conor Dean - ex Leinster
9. Stephen Kerins
1. Matthew Burke
2. Jonny Murphy (c) - ex Ulster
3. Conor Kenny
4. Niall Murray
5. Cillian Gallagher
6. Seán Masterson - ex Leinster
7. Lucas Culliton(U20)
8. Mikey Wilson - ex Munster

Replacements
16. Dylan Tierney-Martin
17. Conor Maguire - ex Leinster
18. Ryan Lomas
19. Cormac Daly - ex Leinster
20. Declan Adamson - ex Leinster
21. Aran Hehir - ex Munster
22. Dylan Prendergast(U20)
23. Diarmuid Kilgallen(U20)

Last edited by irishrugbyua on Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:55 pm 

Flametop wrote:
sewa wrote:
Flametop wrote:

That’s easy.
If it’s Best, on or inside the opposition 22, it’s either going to their lock or over the top to their out half.

Ditto Cronin, except everywhere.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:57 pm 

Highlights of Leinster Schools v IQ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znxgjx4CNS4

Highlights of Leinster Clubs V Connacht: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00ReeumGP2Q&t=16s

Highlights of Ulster Schools v Munster Schools: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjcuCvZgUUo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:34 pm 

Gotta agree with Mullet.
Kleyn going ahead of Dillane is fairly disappointing, and Stander (seemingly) still ahead of Conan is too.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:13 pm 

sewa wrote:
Flametop wrote:

It's the more where it ends up is the problem, reminds me I bumped into Bernard Jackman at gym today, some size

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:56 pm 

I’m listening to Stuart Barnes on Off The Ball and he also is very negative about Ireland’s WC chances. We are total underdogs going into this match on Saturday and as well as the WC and this is going to suit us I think. I find myself always wanting the pundits to praise Ireland and call us favourites but I’m happy now that expectations are being lowered. Barnes thinks though that Joe is definitely hiding his plays.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:59 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
I’m very worried about this match. I can see a hammering and injuries. The English juicers can do a lot of damage. If our guys go in there half hearted trying to avoid injury then that is exactly what will happen. Also very very concerned not to see Carty and Conan get starts.

I’m worried too, but the coaches are the ones watching training so if Conan was standing out he’d be in the 23.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:05 pm 

Minnosu wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
I’m very worried about this match. I can see a hammering and injuries. The English juicers can do a lot of damage. If our guys go in there half hearted trying to avoid injury then that is exactly what will happen.

Totally agree. Wouldn’t put the first team within 100 miles of twickenham right now. Not worth the risk.

Disagree.

I think it is the perfect situation for us. Not expected to win so can't really be too disappointed if we don't...but also a great opportunity to have a go at the English in their backyard. It will tell us a lot about where we are at anyway...

We saw Carbery getting injured in a nothing home match against Italy. So I don't think the extra intensity necessarily effects the likelihood of injury.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:08 pm 

shabadoo wrote:
Minnosu wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

Disagree.

I think it is the perfect situation for us. Not expected to win so can't really be too disappointed if we don't...but also a great opportunity to have a go at the English in their backyard. It will tell us a lot about where we are at anyway...

We saw Carbery getting injured in a nothing home match against Italy. So I don't think the extra intensity necessarily effects the likelihood of injury.

Carvery you mean?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:08 pm 

i think at set piece we are stronger than England, but they’ve got the edge everywhere else. A defeat within one or two scores would be ideal as well as no injuries.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:28 pm 

Carty and Byrne are both going to Japan, aren't they? Ah hell.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:30 pm 

I think we're going to win. We'll get all excited (especially with our number one status). We'll start believing a little again. We'll then lose to Wales, get depressed again. Then beat Wales but think 'fool me once....' and we'll start the WC just as depressed as we are now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:32 pm 

Someone's getting done this weekend, David Wallace style. Probably VDF. It's all fůcked lads

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:33 pm 

RWC2015 wrote:
shabadoo wrote:
Minnosu wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

Disagree.

Carvery you mean?

I really hate that prat who commentates on TV3 or is it Eir?

Last edited by Leinsterman on Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:33 pm 

CM11 wrote:
I think we're going to win. We'll get all excited (especially with our number one status). We'll start believing a little again. We'll then lose to Wales, get depressed again. Then beat Wales but think 'fool me once....' and we'll start the WC just as depressed as we are now.

Very good. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:55 pm 

alliswell wrote:
Someone's getting done this weekend, David Wallace style. Probably VDF. It's all fůcked lads

Is Penny fully recovered? 😂😔

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:07 pm 

bw245 wrote:
I’m listening to Stuart Barnes on Off The Ball and he also is very negative about Ireland’s WC chances. We are total underdogs going into this match on Saturday and as well as the WC and this is going to suit us I think. I find myself always wanting the pundits to praise Ireland and call us favourites but I’m happy now that expectations are being lowered. Barnes thinks though that Joe is definitely hiding his plays.

Lol. If only.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:11 pm 

If you could guess one player (apart from Sexton and Henshaw) to get injured either before or during the early stages of the WC, who would it be? VDF has experience in this regard so I vote him. Close second is Henderson and Kearney.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 422999 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9803, 9804, 9805, 9806, 9807, 9808, 9809 ... 10575  Next