Famous players who you’ve heard are Bellends

All things Rugby
backrow

Famous players who you’ve heard are Bellends

Post by backrow »

Austin Healy - just following on form mactaffs post about him, let’s make a thread where you can put first or second hand evidence ONLY that the player is a massive twat

ticketlessinseattle

Re: Famous players who you’ve heard are Bellends

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Eben Etzebeth ?

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine »

Mark 'Ronnie' Regan.

Saw him in a nightclub eyeballing every bloke that went past him, clearly looking for a punch-up.

Petros

Post by Petros »

Matt Dawson

globus

Post by globus »

backrow wrote:Austin Healy - just following on form mactaffs post about him, let’s make a thread where you can put first or second hand evidence ONLY that the player is a massive twat

Nice name for a car though. Especially if you spelt it correctly.

crash 669

Post by crash 669 »

Might as well call this "Stories about scrum halves" since they're all cunts.

assfly

Post by assfly »

Sexton.

backrow

Post by backrow »

Petros wrote:Matt Dawson

Ah now I’ve met Matt Dawson through work as he has a superfoods health line - I was expecting a bellend of sorts but in fact found him very pleasant and professional. His BBC question of sport twat banter persona was not apparent in any way.

globus

Post by globus »

crash 669 wrote:Might as well call this "Stories about scrum halves" since they're all cunts.

Nope. My man used to fire rugby ball bullets at me. In the chest area, which was rather joyful.

I'll not have anything said badly about DK.

backrow

Post by backrow »

assfly wrote:Sexton.

Can you elaborate a bit ?
You’ve met him/ your mate met him blah blah ?

handyman

Post by handyman »

ticketlessinseattle wrote:Eben Etzebeth ?

Tell us more...

Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

Zinzan Brooke.

BokJock

Post by BokJock »

Met Austin Healy once, fully expecting him to be a bell end - he was cocky sure but in no way acted like a dick, was quite funny and had a drink with the group I was with.

Conspicuous

Post by Conspicuous »

Sean O’Brien pissed on another customer in a pub

Absolute twat :thumbdown:

Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

handyman wrote:
ticketlessinseattle wrote:Eben Etzebeth ?

Tell us more...

homelessinseattle

slick

Post by slick »

backrow wrote:

Ah now I’ve met Matt Dawson through work as he has a superfoods health line - I was expecting a bellend of sorts but in fact found him very pleasant and professional. His BBC question of sport twat banter persona was not apparent in any way.

He must have been trying very hard because he is deffo a twat. Punched me on the back of the head when I was having a piss once. One of a few run ins.

assfly

Post by assfly »

backrow wrote:
assfly wrote:Sexton.

Can you elaborate a bit ?
You’ve met him/ your mate met him blah blah ?

Pfft. I prefer my accusations to be based on unsubstantiated hearsay.

Gazzamonster

Post by Gazzamonster »

Gavin Hastings - not a bellend as such - but an unmitigated bore and a complete blowhard. Worst 'meet one of your hero's' moments ever.

John Jeffrey - an a*se

bimboman

Post by bimboman »

BCM.

backrow

Post by backrow »

slick wrote:
backrow wrote:

He must have been trying very hard because he is deffo a twat. Punched me on the back of the head when I was having a piss once. One of a few run ins.

You are about a foot taller than him - what was the context of the punch and the piss? And why so many run ins, did he trot out for Amersham 3rds or something ?

crash 669

Post by crash 669 »

slick wrote:
backrow wrote:

I was at school with his cousin and he was a little cunt too, must run in the family.

Sadly Mark Cueto was a bit of a prick when he met Braz. Though Brazil does have that effect on people.

danny_fitz

Post by danny_fitz »

Danny Care and a few of the Quins lads were utter cocks when I crossed paths with them in the pub a few years back. The former took a shine to one of my mates and when she politely declined his advances he took it very personally and proceeded to act the twat towards her and eventually me when I called them out on it. Definite sense of 'do you know who I am' about him.

backrow

Post by backrow »

Gazzamonster wrote:Gavin Hastings - not a bellend as such - but an unmitigated bore and a complete blowhard. Worst 'meet one of your hero's' moments ever.

John Jeffrey - an a*se

Surprised at John jeffrey, not surprised by Hastings - apparently his opening line on EVERY speech he made was ‘will Carling - I hate the bastard !”

ManInTheBar

Post by ManInTheBar »

bimboman wrote:BCM.

Please, why?

I don't know the man personally but enjoyed watching him play, enjoy his commentary (which I find honest and perceptive) and, having read his autobiography I was hoping he'd be an interesting individual to knock about with.

If not, then disappointing.

backrow

Post by backrow »

Conspicuous wrote:Sean O’Brien pissed on another customer in a pub

Was it you ?
;)

Average Joe

Post by Average Joe »

James Dalton

Gazzamonster

Post by Gazzamonster »

backrow wrote:
Gazzamonster wrote:Gavin Hastings - not a bellend as such - but an unmitigated bore and a complete blowhard. Worst 'meet one of your hero's' moments ever.

John Jeffrey - an a*se

Surprised at John jeffrey, not surprised by Hastings - apparently his opening line on EVERY speech he made was ‘will Carling - I hate the bastard !”

I have a feeling that JJ had a bit of an issue with alcohol. Locals were fairly 'that's just the way John is' - I met him about 4 or 5 times and he was fairly drunk every time.

But I worked in a golf club bar so......I guess not the best environment to make a 100% assumption on his character.

DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Will Greenwood. I was surprised.

Frodder

Post by Frodder »

Is that when he had a go at your mate Kevin Pietersen?

backrow

Post by backrow »

Gazzamonster wrote:
backrow wrote:

John Jeffrey - an a*se

I have a feeling that JJ had a bit of an issue with alcohol. Locals were fairly 'that's just the way John is' - I met him about 4 or 5 times and he was fairly drunk every time.

But I worked in a golf club bar so......I guess not the best environment to make a 100% assumption on his character.

Pfft I find that very hard to beleive, it’s not as if there are any stories of him going on a bender and causing mischief and damage ..

bimboman

Post by bimboman »

ManInTheBar wrote:

Please, why?

I don't know the man personally but enjoyed watching him play, enjoy his commentary (which I find honest and perceptive) and, having read his autobiography I was hoping he'd be an interesting individual to knock about with.

Been in his company 1/2 dozen or so times. Boorish, rude , threatening etc.

slick

Post by slick »

backrow wrote:
slick wrote:
backrow wrote:

You are about a foot taller than him - what was the context of the punch and the piss? And why so many run ins, did he trot out for Amersham 3rds or something ?

He was the year ahead of me at a local school and an opposing club so I played against him a few times and we played together (him 9, me 10) for county age groups when I moved up to help out a couple of times. This was a county dinner and I was having a piss when he came up behing and punched me, then stood with about 6 guys from his team saying " what are you going to do about it".

Diego

Post by Diego »

Seán O'Brien and Peter O'Mahony are the two I've heard most frequently. SOB more when he's on the piss (lol) tbf, POM is apparently a bit weird and not at all personable.

ManInTheBar

Post by ManInTheBar »

bimboman wrote:
ManInTheBar wrote:

Please, why?

Been in his company 1/2 dozen or so times. Boorish, rude , threatening etc.

Thanks. Disappointing as I say. City do's?

clementinfrance

Post by clementinfrance »

Teddy Thomas - RACING 92 and FRA

Shame because he's very gifted.

sewa

Post by sewa »

Danny Cipriani, well actually no I used to expect he would be but one of my mates in Spain was in his class all through school and said he is sound out. He did think Kelly Brooke was a total arsehole though

bimboman

Post by bimboman »

City and rugby do’s. First one 20 years ago, last a couple back, he hasn’t matured.

Crash_12

Post by Crash_12 »

Conspicuous wrote:Sean O’Brien pissed on another customer in a pub

The icing on the cake, really. Known prick in rugby circles.

backrow

Post by backrow »

slick wrote:
backrow wrote:
slick wrote:
backrow wrote:

He was the year ahead of me at a local school and an opposing club so I played against him a few times and we played together (him 9, me 10) for county age groups when I moved up to help out a couple of times. This was a county dinner and I was having a piss when he came up behing and punched me, then stood with about 6 guys from his team saying " what are you going to do about it".

Fairly legit ‘is a bellend’ behaviour :nod:

He was at RGs high Wycombe , a couple of years ahead of me - unsure if I played against him or not but we always lost. And if you played against Maidenhead u17-colts-2nds through 5ths around 91-97 then you may have been lucky enough to play against me :thumbup:

danny_fitz

Post by danny_fitz »

DragsterDriver wrote:Will Greenwood. I was surprised.

Interesting, ee was down my former local years ago on his own watching some game and a few of us came into watch the same match. We all ended up just chatting over the unfolding action on the TV and he was just one of the blokes having the craic. We all knew who he was and did not go all fan boi over him.