Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8636 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203 ... 216  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 3441
Location: Boston
village wrote:
Meanwhile in Carolina...

Panthers last 13 games:
Cam Newton at QB: 0-9
Kyle Allen at QB: 4-0


Terry Bradshaw made a good point on the FOX NFL Sunday show: Rivera was in the hot seat before this string of victories, so in the interests of self-preservation he will likely stick with what's working.

Everyone says someone shouldn't lose their job when they're injured, but then the backup starts winning...

Will be interesting to see what happens in JAX when Foles returns. Not that he had been shit like Cam, but Minshew might be the future for them. Could see Foles being dangled as trade bait.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3323
It’s a shame that things turned out like this with Ramsey and the Jags. I hope Goff gets hurt and Ramsey spends another year on a losing team QB-ed by Blake Bortles.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3323
fonzeee wrote:
village wrote:
Meanwhile in Carolina...

Panthers last 13 games:
Cam Newton at QB: 0-9
Kyle Allen at QB: 4-0


Terry Bradshaw made a good point on the FOX NFL Sunday show: Rivera was in the hot seat before this string of victories, so in the interests of self-preservation he will likely stick with what's working.

Everyone says someone shouldn't lose their job when they're injured, but then the backup starts winning...

Will be interesting to see what happens in JAX when Foles returns. Not that he had been shit like Cam, but Minshew might be the future for them. Could see Foles being dangled as trade bait.


If Minshew is solid through the next few games I think the fans would go crazy if he’s benched. Hard to say what they’ll do, the year invested a ton of money in Foles so I think there’s a solid chance they make it a harder decision than it necessarily needs to be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9846
Location: Indiana
If they decide to keep Minshew they need to trade Foles to a team desperate for a QB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3818
Not sure Foles will ever reach the Ryan Fitzpatrick record of starting for 8 (and counting) different NFL franchises, but he could cement his name in the journeyman hall of fame by making it 5 this season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1350
:uhoh: there goes mahomes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9846
Location: Indiana
vintage_cox wrote:
:uhoh: there goes mahomes


I still don't know if we can pull this back. The game should be 13-10 Chiefs and it's 20-6, with a Flacco fumble getting walked into the endzone by the Chiefs D shortly after Mahomes went to the locker room.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3818
Patriot fans can book their superbowl tickets now. :((


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20343
vintage_cox wrote:
:uhoh: there goes mahomes

What kind of f*cking idiot calls for a quarterback sneak on 4th and one - with a critically important QB who is already hobbling about on a dodgy ankle.
In a game against bitter divisional rivals who'd love to cripple the rest of your season. :roll:


Perfect result for the Raiders - both teams lost. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11888
Location: Belfast
Surely Elway is going to come in for some stick now. That O-Line is dreadful and the Bolles pick (Over Ramczyk) is looking catastrophic at this point. Obviously we got Chubb but we passed on Quenton Nelson too all the while our line has been shite. Now they have what is considered to be an excellent Offensive line coach and it still looks terrible. Obviously the likes of Sutton and Freeman look like successes but jesus wept, the freefall from Mannings penultimate year is shocking. Am I misremembering or was the offense under Siemian even this bad?

I dont know the intricacies of the coaching circus but couldn't we have got Kyle Shanahan at the time we hired Vance Joseph? :blush:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20343
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
Surely Elway is going to come in for some stick now. That O-Line is dreadful and the Bolles pick (Over Ramczyk) is looking catastrophic at this point. Obviously we got Chubb but we passed on Quenton Nelson too all the while our line has been shite. Now they have what is considered to be an excellent Offensive line coach and it still looks terrible. Obviously the likes of Sutton and Freeman look like successes but jesus wept, the freefall from Mannings penultimate year is shocking. Am I misremembering or was the offense under Siemian even this bad?

I dont know the intricacies of the coaching circus but couldn't we have got Kyle Shanahan at the time we hired Vance Joseph? :blush:

The *Elway factor probably means top coaching talent would be wary of going to Denver.


* He can't draft a QB to save his life.
Got lucky once by nabbing Peyton Manning, but has subsequently drafted a series of busts and Free Agent has beens.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9846
Location: Indiana
Well he didn't draft Flacco. He did the same thing with him he did Manning, large free agency signing. I was not feeling warm and fuzzy inside the day it was announced.

As far as "can't draft a QB to save his life", there's so much damn luck involved in all this. I question how much QB analysis is blind luck versus real skill. O-line however, no question, that was horrific last night.

Siemian was much more the game manager type.

Will say I thought going for 2 after the game opening TD and Chiefs penalty was the right call. Just didn't work. Defense all things considered played well first half, 7 of those points against was on the offense. It's just we somehow turned a halftime deficit that should've been 13-10 into 20-6.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 11028
Looks like Mahomes will be back in a few weeks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20343
village wrote:
Rams Front Office have pressed the panic button:

Traded Marcus Peters to Baltimore for Kenny Young(ILB) and a 5th
Traded 3 picks to Browns for Austin Corbett (OL)
Traded 2 1st round picks to Jags for Jalen Ramsey

He maybe a top CB but Ramsey is going to need a big deal next summer or we waste 2 1st round picks on a 1 season rental where we don't look anything like Superbowl contenders. I'm excited to see another elite player in horns but this looks like a bad long term move. We need to fix the OL (Noteboom out for the season, so at best Corbett (not a starter for Cleveland) is a replacement for that injury rather than an upgrade).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyOeGWAkASw
Colin Cowherd provides some context to the Rams trading for Jalen Ramsey (second half of this video).


I can't help but note pending Cap Hits for these players in 2020, 2021 & 2022:

Jared Goff: $36.0M, $32.5M, $30.5M
Aaron Donald: $25.0M, $27.9M, $22.3M
Todd Gurley: $17.2M, $13.2M, $14.2M
Brandin Cooks: $16.8M, $16.8, $17.8M
Jalen Ramsey: $13.7M as 5th year option, will demand a new contract as highest paid CB in the league... say $20M

That's $108.7M already spent for next year and the Salary Cap is likely to be $195M - $200M (It was $188.2M this year).
Rams will be spending more than half their Salary Cap on as few as FIVE players.
Makes it tough to fill the roster - regardless how good those five players are.
And now they don't have draft picks to bring in quality talent on cheap(er) rookie deals.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20343
Bowens wrote:
Looks like Mahomes will be back in a few weeks.

less mobile, and with a bullseye on his back (or should that be leg?)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11888
Location: Belfast
Flyin Ryan wrote:
Well he didn't draft Flacco. He did the same thing with him he did Manning, large free agency signing. I was not feeling warm and fuzzy inside the day it was announced.

As far as "can't draft a QB to save his life", there's so much damn luck involved in all this. I question how much QB analysis is blind luck versus real skill. O-line however, no question, that was horrific last night.

Siemian was much more the game manager type.

Will say I thought going for 2 after the game opening TD and Chiefs penalty was the right call. Just didn't work. Defense all things considered played well first half, 7 of those points against was on the offense. It's just we somehow turned a halftime deficit that should've been 13-10 into 20-6.



Yeah the defence looks like it could be decent with Fangio making some unheralded guys fit the system. Johnson and Walker have done well. The defence is on a hiding to nothing though. To hold Mahomes/Moore to Field goals (when they got the ball both times in FG range) on two of the first three drives was a success. It seems a lot of people are saying Miller could be on for a trade soon too


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3323
The Jaguars game right now is a classic. Jags have 240 yards of offence vs 20 yards for the Bengals. Score is...3-0 :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3323
7-3 now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20343
Wish the Raiders v Packers game was a bit lower scoring :blush:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 3441
Location: Boston
That first Cowboys TD was vintage Tavon Austin. Literally ran a circle around an NFL defensive back.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3818
Lamar Jackson is developing very nicely in Baltimore. Glad agent Peters was able to help with a pick 6 on Wilson. Rams now only a missed field goal from being ahead of the Seahawks in the West.

9-0 final score in San Francisco. :dead:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9846
Location: Indiana
Am I cynical to think Disney saved their exclusive Star Wars premiere for what would be by far the least competitive football game ESPN would have on Monday night?

Pats 24-0 at half. Darnold just threw his 3rd pick early in the 3rd. He also has a lost fumble and was 6/13 for 34 yards at the half.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20343
Flyin Ryan wrote:
Am I cynical to think Disney saved their exclusive Star Wars premiere for what would be by far the least competitive football game ESPN would have on Monday night?

Pats 24-0 at half. Darnold just threw his 3rd pick early in the 3rd. He also has a lost fumble and was 6/13 for 34 yards at the half.

What's this?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9846
Location: Indiana
Excuse me, exclusive premiere of the "final trailer" for the Star Wars movie. It played a minute or two after halftime started and they advertised it would play then.

There's a big lightsaber fight scene in the middle of a raging ocean.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20343
Flyin Ryan wrote:
Excuse me, exclusive premiere of the "final trailer" for the Star Wars movie. It played a minute or two after halftime started and they advertised it would play then.

There's a big lightsaber fight scene in the middle of a raging ocean.

Oh.

I can't wait.


Last I heard they were going back to do more re-shoots.
This is after the previous set of re-shoots.



edit: found the trailer. Sort of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB1OnSDT3Bo


Last edited by Yer Man on Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1300
Location: Winterfell
Pats signed Sanu from the Falcons. Traded for 2nd round pick.
Maybe Gordon's injury is worse than they thought?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20343
Sydvicious wrote:
Pats signed Sanu from the Falcons. Traded for 2nd round pick.
Maybe Gordon's injury is worse than they thought?

Jaysus - only a 2nd round pick?

That's likely to be somewhere between #35 and #40


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1300
Location: Winterfell
Yer Man wrote:
Sydvicious wrote:
Pats signed Sanu from the Falcons. Traded for 2nd round pick.
Maybe Gordon's injury is worse than they thought?

Jaysus - only a 2nd round pick?

That's likely to be somewhere between #35 and #40


When I heard 2nd round pick, I was waiting for the "and", but nothing... Only a second round pick.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1368
As someone who has Sanu on his Fantasy Football team his performance this year has been pretty underwhelming in terms of numbers. Jones and Hooper are the two gold plated targets and I suppose they decided they could get similar figures from a draft pick or a reasonable free agent?

Will be interesting to see if BB can re-energise Sanu, BB has worked wonders in the past for a lot of other "older" skill players who had hit a plateau.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 11028
Flyin Ryan wrote:
Darnold just threw his 3rd pick early in the 3rd. He also has a lost fumble and was 6/13 for 34 yards at the half.


Finished with 4 INT, 1 lost fumble, 1.9 QBR. :uhoh:


Last edited by Bowens on Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19801
Seemingly Atlanta still paying some of Sanu's wages as Patriots don't have the cap space and hence why it is a 2 and not a lower round.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9846
Location: Indiana
Bowens wrote:
Flyin Ryan wrote:
Darnold just threw his 3rd pick early in the 3rd. He also has a lost fumble and was 6/13 for 34 yards at the half.


Finished with 4 INT, 1 lost fumble, 3.6 QBR. :uhoh:


Football Outsiders:

(DYAR = Defense-adjusted Yards Above Replacement)

Quote:
11/32 passing, 86 yards, 0 TD, 4 INT, 1 Sack, -200 passing DYAR

Darnold gained 83 DYAR due to opponent adjustments, more than double any other quarterback this week. Without them, this would have threatened the all-time record for worst single-game passing DYAR.


If you're wondering, going back to 1989, it's David Klingler in 1994 playing for the Bengals vs. the Houston Oilers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:07 pm
Posts: 7292
Yer Man wrote:
Sydvicious wrote:
Pats signed Sanu from the Falcons. Traded for 2nd round pick.
Maybe Gordon's injury is worse than they thought?

Jaysus - only a 2nd round pick?

That's likely to be somewhere between #35 and #40


The Pats pick will be #63 or #64. You've got it the wrong way round. And that is plenty for a guy like him considering AB went for a 3rd and 5th. Good player and he'll probably win a SB but the season is gone for Atlanta and time now to tank for the draft.

Another Rutgers guy for NE.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:18 pm
Posts: 1763
Flyin Ryan wrote:
Well he didn't draft Flacco. He did the same thing with him he did Manning, large free agency signing. I was not feeling warm and fuzzy inside the day it was announced.

As far as "can't draft a QB to save his life", there's so much damn luck involved in all this. I question how much QB analysis is blind luck versus real skill. O-line however, no question, that was horrific last night.

Siemian was much more the game manager type.

Will say I thought going for 2 after the game opening TD and Chiefs penalty was the right call. Just didn't work. Defense all things considered played well first half, 7 of those points against was on the offense. It's just we somehow turned a halftime deficit that should've been 13-10 into 20-6.


Argree wrt QB analysis. Intangibles far more important than measurables. I would’ve thought interview, work ethic, leadership most important with things like demonstrating an ability to check down through receiving options. Having a cannon for an arm is irrelevant.

How many great qbs were first round picks? Elway, Manning P, Marino. But a lot of the greats aren’t, Marino R3, Brady R6, Favre R2, Staubach R10, Unitas R9, etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20343
ruckinhell wrote:
As someone who has Sanu on his Fantasy Football team his performance this year has been pretty underwhelming in terms of numbers. Jones and Hooper are the two gold plated targets and I suppose they decided they could get similar figures from a draft pick or a reasonable free agent?

Will be interesting to see if BB can re-energise Sanu, BB has worked wonders in the past for a lot of other "older" skill players who had hit a plateau.

Last 4 seasons, his grade on PFF:

2016 80.0 (Superbowl season)
2017 77.2
2018 71.6
2019 60.2

Has been in decline, but so have the Falcons


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20343
Biffer29 wrote:
Flyin Ryan wrote:
Well he didn't draft Flacco. He did the same thing with him he did Manning, large free agency signing. I was not feeling warm and fuzzy inside the day it was announced.

As far as "can't draft a QB to save his life", there's so much damn luck involved in all this. I question how much QB analysis is blind luck versus real skill. O-line however, no question, that was horrific last night.

Siemian was much more the game manager type.

Will say I thought going for 2 after the game opening TD and Chiefs penalty was the right call. Just didn't work. Defense all things considered played well first half, 7 of those points against was on the offense. It's just we somehow turned a halftime deficit that should've been 13-10 into 20-6.


Argree wrt QB analysis. Intangibles far more important than measurables. I would’ve thought interview, work ethic, leadership most important with things like demonstrating an ability to check down through receiving options. Having a cannon for an arm is irrelevant.

How many great qbs were first round picks? Elway, Manning P, Marino. But a lot of the greats aren’t, Marino R3, Brady R6, Favre R2, Staubach R10, Unitas R9, etc.

Recent first round picks are looking quite promising:

2019: K Murray, D Jones & er, D Haskins (plus G Minshew in the 6th)
2018: B Mayfield, S Darnold, J Allen, J Rosen, L Jackson (plus M Rudolph in the 3rd & K Allen (undrafted)
2017: M Trubisky, P Mahomes, D Watson
2016: J Goff, C Wentz (plus J Brisset in the 3rd & D Prescott in the 4th)
2015: J Winston, M Mariota - both look to have crashed & burned with neither player contracted beyond this season

2015 now looks like a bust on the QB front, however the four subsequent years have produced maybe 11 starting QBs from the first round plus a handful in later rounds.


The criticism on John Elway's drafting record is the impression that he considers physical size (esp height) to be more important than other qualities - like talent.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 11028
God NFL RedZone is the best thing ever invented.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20343
My friend says there's a cracking game on reddit between the Eagles and the Bills.
Not sure I believe him, may need to check.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:18 pm
Posts: 1763
Yer Man wrote:
Biffer29 wrote:
Flyin Ryan wrote:
Well he didn't draft Flacco. He did the same thing with him he did Manning, large free agency signing. I was not feeling warm and fuzzy inside the day it was announced.

As far as "can't draft a QB to save his life", there's so much damn luck involved in all this. I question how much QB analysis is blind luck versus real skill. O-line however, no question, that was horrific last night.

Siemian was much more the game manager type.

Will say I thought going for 2 after the game opening TD and Chiefs penalty was the right call. Just didn't work. Defense all things considered played well first half, 7 of those points against was on the offense. It's just we somehow turned a halftime deficit that should've been 13-10 into 20-6.


Argree wrt QB analysis. Intangibles far more important than measurables. I would’ve thought interview, work ethic, leadership most important with things like demonstrating an ability to check down through receiving options. Having a cannon for an arm is irrelevant.

How many great qbs were first round picks? Elway, Manning P, Marino. But a lot of the greats aren’t, Marino R3, Brady R6, Favre R2, Staubach R10, Unitas R9, etc.

Recent first round picks are looking quite promising:

2019: K Murray, D Jones & er, D Haskins (plus G Minshew in the 6th)
2018: B Mayfield, S Darnold, J Allen, J Rosen, L Jackson (plus M Rudolph in the 3rd & K Allen (undrafted)
2017: M Trubisky, P Mahomes, D Watson
2016: J Goff, C Wentz (plus J Brisset in the 3rd & D Prescott in the 4th)
2015: J Winston, M Mariota - both look to have crashed & burned with neither player contracted beyond this season

2015 now looks like a bust on the QB front, however the four subsequent years have produced maybe 11 starting QBs from the first round plus a handful in later rounds.


The criticism on John Elway's drafting record is the impression that he considers physical size (esp height) to be more important than other qualities - like talent.


Yeah, but you can’t consider any of them in the Favre/Montana/Staubach/Brady category, that’s where I was going - the greats, not the decent.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1300
Location: Winterfell
The Pats defence is just ridiculous 😂


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8636 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203 ... 216  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AnkleTap, bimboman, Chilli, danthefan, Flametop, Frodder, Google Adsense [Bot], Jensrsa, johnstrac, Leinster in London, Mr Mike, nardol, rfurlong, YOYO and 53 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group