Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2651, 2652, 2653, 2654, 2655, 2656, 2657 ... 2830  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11286
Rinkals wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
TheFrog wrote:
Or will the Reps convince the people that this is a waste of everybody's time and energy and that on the basis that abuse of power isn't impeachable then there is no need for a trial?

Convincing them is even necessary? Outside the usual obsessive bubbles, I highly doubt it.


According to a CNN poll (yes, I know, the "fake news" organisation) almost 70% of Americans support new witnesses being allowed to testify.

Obviously, Saffer13 is not among them.


If this poll is accurate, this is Pelosi winning her battle. She was right to hold onto the article of impeachment until new information surfaced and the public would turn its attention again to Trump.

Also, it is interesting to see that the Republican rhetoric has shifted from a "Pefect call" to "what he did is not a crime". This admission of guilt is already a battle won by the Dems.

Now, the Senate has to decide whether they want to set a precedent and allow the Executive Branch to act as it sees fit (even for personal gain) against Congressional resolutions and votes. This could change the balance of powers in the USA for good. Basically, following this, a President could say to Congress "you allocated these billions to the war in Iraq but I will use them for healthcare. And by the way, feck you, there is a precedent now, you can't impeach me."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:51 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17086
It does strike me that McConnel's seat would particularly vulnerable.

For, not only is he driving the efforts to derail the holding of the President to account, but his Chinese wife is knee-deep in corruption involving her father's shipping business and her position as Secretary of Transportation.

According to Wiki, his approval ratings are pretty much "underwater"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25704
You lot are losing it. I'm flattered that you're all so concerned that I've taken up about half your posts on the last two pages :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am
Posts: 4826
saffer13 wrote:
You lot are losing it. I'm flattered that you're all so concerned that I've taken up about half your posts on the last two pages :lol:


are you a creationist?

say it ain't so...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:07 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 am
Posts: 8357
Rinkals wrote:
It does strike me that McConnel's seat would particularly vulnerable.

For, not only is he driving the efforts to derail the holding of the President to account, but his Chinese wife is knee-deep in corruption involving her father's shipping business and her position as Secretary of Transportation.

According to Wiki, his approval ratings are pretty much "underwater"


The US system has managed to legalise corruption at so many turns its astonishing. Whether Moscow Mitch loses I don't know, he's hugely unpopular for many reasons, but it is Kentucky, and he is a Republican


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:42 pm
Posts: 2803
saffer13 wrote:
You lot are losing it. I'm flattered that you're all so concerned that I've taken up about half your posts on the last two pages :lol:


There is some genuine derangement here. Why are saffers here so obsessed with US politics? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37132
Completely insane.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25704
Lemoentjie wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
You lot are losing it. I'm flattered that you're all so concerned that I've taken up about half your posts on the last two pages :lol:


There is some genuine derangement here. Why are saffers here so obsessed with US politics? :lol:

rinkidink, BJ, and houts...who knows. I am a South African American now so....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:42 pm
Posts: 2803
saffer13 wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
You lot are losing it. I'm flattered that you're all so concerned that I've taken up about half your posts on the last two pages :lol:


There is some genuine derangement here. Why are saffers here so obsessed with US politics? :lol:

rinkidink, BJ, and houts...who knows. I am a South African American now so....


Yeah, wasn't aimed at you. More at those who are on the outside shouting in :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am
Posts: 4826
Lemoentjie wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
You lot are losing it. I'm flattered that you're all so concerned that I've taken up about half your posts on the last two pages :lol:


There is some genuine derangement here. Why are saffers here so obsessed with US politics? :lol:

rinkidink, BJ, and houts...who knows. I am a South African American now so....


Yeah, wasn't aimed at you. More at those who are on the outside shouting in :lol:


TBF there are Kiwis, Englishmen and Irish too.

It is entertaining as fudge. Like House of cards but with more sexual depravity and less intelligence

hands up, I am admittedly obsessed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12077
Lemoentjie wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
You lot are losing it. I'm flattered that you're all so concerned that I've taken up about half your posts on the last two pages :lol:


There is some genuine derangement here. Why are saffers here so obsessed with US politics? :lol:


With the world's largest economy, any grownup not interested in US politics is a blithering idiot.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25704
sorCrer wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
You lot are losing it. I'm flattered that you're all so concerned that I've taken up about half your posts on the last two pages :lol:


There is some genuine derangement here. Why are saffers here so obsessed with US politics? :lol:


With the world's largest economy, any grownup not interested in US politics is a blithering idiot.

Interested or not. Blithering idiots abound.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:56 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9105
saffer13 wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
You lot are losing it. I'm flattered that you're all so concerned that I've taken up about half your posts on the last two pages :lol:


There is some genuine derangement here. Why are saffers here so obsessed with US politics? :lol:


With the world's largest economy, any grownup not interested in US politics is a blithering idiot.

Interested or not. Blithering idiots abound.


You should see him when he is ridding his dino about.

Totally bonkers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11286
The proceeding for Trump's trial have started.

It is interesting to see how the battle will span out.

The Dems know Trump will be acquitted. There is no way enough Republicans break ranks with the majority, unless public opinion turns emotional and pressure builds up. It is not looking that way yet.

Their tactic is to show that beyond the "Perfect Phone Call", there is a lot of dirt, in particular mafia-like behaviors with the like of Parnas and Giuliani. Here, either the Republicans refuse to hear new evidence, and they can leak that evidence in the press and climb on their high horses to claim that the trial is a travesty of a trial, and that the Republicans are colluding to allow a corrupt President to manage his own corrupt dealings with the mafia.

Now, some Republicans are starting to feel edgy about the whole thing. Those with a bit of a swing state to manage, and political pressure back home, or those with a bit of a decent morale compass must not be at ease with the mafiosi turn this is taking. The more that becomes public, the more they may want to dissociate themselves from that corruption. The first one already broke ranks yesterday (Susan Collins of Maine) when voting in favor of the Schumer admendment. The Dems require 3 more defections to get their own motions voted to call witnesses in.

Yet at the same time, the same Republicans know that, if Trump is not impeached and they have broken ranks, they won't even get an opportunity to go in front of the voters... and that therefore, public opinion back home may come second to getting another chance to run for a Senate seat...

A lot of dealings must be going in on in the Senate corridors. I'd love to be a little mouse to watch and listen.

Republicans' tactic will be to argue that the nature of the offense doesn't warrant an impeachment, and that therefore no time should be wasted in a trial. They will push a motion to dismiss to ensure Trump can stand as a acquitted President at the next State of the Nation.

Now, if there are defections and witnesses are called, their plan B is to destroy Biden son and father. This is currently the threat they are using as a deterrent to keep the Dems in check.

Who knows what the Dems feel about Biden? Would they protect him and let Trump off the hook (which would almost certainly carry him to a reelection), or sacrifice Biden and hope Sanders come through and takes the Presidency next?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11286
Backwoodsman1 wrote:
https://nypost.com/2020/01/18/how-five-members-of-joe-bidens-family-got-rich-through-his-connections/

Book Bombshell: James Biden’s Firm Got $1.5 Billion in Government Contracts Despite Zero Experience
Breitbart

'' If we call one witness, we call all the witnesses.'' Senate Leader.

Another 'cunning plan' by inept Dems goes tits up , .. meanwhile Schiff's closeness to Ed Buck , his donor with the dead rent boys in his apartment , now increasingly openly discussed on social meja !


Yes, threatening implosion of both camps to keep the Dems in check. Obviously, the Republicans are admitting that calling witnesses would leave Trump in a very weak position. Their only argument is to threaten back.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11286
Rinkals wrote:


I haven't read the whole article, but this assumes wrongly that criminal trials and political trials follow the same rules.

This is wrong, and this is actually the manipulation attempted by Trump's defense team who try to convince the Senate that an impeachment trial is a criminal trial. It is not. It is a political trial, and the question to be answered is whether or not Trump's behavior violate the Constitution and whether or not the President is fit for office given his behavior and dealings.

The two issues brought forward by the Democrats are:

- Abuse of power: ignoring Congressional vote and disposing of funds allocated to Ukraine to achieve his own personal objectives. This is actually quite an important vote here for the Senate, as it can totally undermine the Congress going forward. In other words, this redefines the balance of power between Executive and Legislative branches. There have been quite a number of abuses already by previous President (including Obama). I think the latest one before this issue was Trump diverting funds allocated to defense to build the wall on the Mexico border. Will the Senate say this is fine, even if that behavior is not for what the President believe is good for the country, but for what is good for his own personal purposes.

- Obstruction of Congress: this will vote will also further redefine the balance of power. Can the Executive Branch refuse to comply with Congressional votes? In particular, can they do this to obstruct the process of justice?

Those two votes have enormous consequences, as did the Democrat dismissal of Clinton's impeachment for lying under oath.

The USA are building for themselves a less and less democratic political organisation, that is concentrating powers in the hands of the President and could result in a mad man hurting country and world alike... At the same time as they pretend to be worried about North Korea and Iran...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:42 pm
Posts: 2803
sorCrer wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
You lot are losing it. I'm flattered that you're all so concerned that I've taken up about half your posts on the last two pages :lol:


There is some genuine derangement here. Why are saffers here so obsessed with US politics? :lol:


With the world's largest economy, any grownup not interested in US politics is a blithering idiot.


That would be credible if the main topic of this thread was the discussion of the US economy and how that relates to the Trump presidency.

The tedious kak that get's talked about here is simply soap opera. The gossip, the drama, the twists. Just a male acceptable form of Huisgenoot.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am
Posts: 4826
Lemoentjie wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
You lot are losing it. I'm flattered that you're all so concerned that I've taken up about half your posts on the last two pages :lol:


There is some genuine derangement here. Why are saffers here so obsessed with US politics? :lol:


With the world's largest economy, any grownup not interested in US politics is a blithering idiot.


That would be credible if the main topic of this thread was the discussion of the US economy and how that relates to the Trump presidency.

The tedious kak that get's talked about here is simply soap opera. The gossip, the drama, the twists. Just a male acceptable form of Huisgenoot.


Yes indeed- except our Trump character is too over the top for most soap operas


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11286
Lemoentjie wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
You lot are losing it. I'm flattered that you're all so concerned that I've taken up about half your posts on the last two pages :lol:


There is some genuine derangement here. Why are saffers here so obsessed with US politics? :lol:


With the world's largest economy, any grownup not interested in US politics is a blithering idiot.


That would be credible if the main topic of this thread was the discussion of the US economy and how that relates to the Trump presidency.

The tedious kak that get's talked about here is simply soap opera. The gossip, the drama, the twists. Just a male acceptable form of Huisgenoot.


The background remains whether a man as unfit as Trump to rule the most powerful country in the world, will remain in power or not.

Had Trump been the leader of North Korea, the USA would have bombed Pyongyang already (slight exaggeration but you get my point).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:36 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24411
If the Dems had their way, they would have bombed the White House on a daily basis umtill The Don quit.

Guess they wish...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:41 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 am
Posts: 8357
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
If the Dems had their way, they would have bombed the White House on a daily basis umtill The Don quit.

Guess they wish...


I'm going out on a limb to suggest the Dems didn't and don't want to carry out terrorist attacks of any size or frequency against the USA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am
Posts: 4826
piquant wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
If the Dems had their way, they would have bombed the White House on a daily basis umtill The Don quit.

Guess they wish...


I'm going out on a limb to suggest the Dems didn't and don't want to carry out terrorist attacks of any size or frequency against the USA


Not true - I saw a photo of Chuck and Nancy in full on Muslim gear, they were posing in front of the Iranian flag and everything


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 28796
Liar. They wanted to bomb him and humiliate him all because he had the temerity to become the greatest leader the US has known since Roosevelt


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:50 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 am
Posts: 8357
BokJock wrote:
piquant wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
If the Dems had their way, they would have bombed the White House on a daily basis umtill The Don quit.

Guess they wish...


I'm going out on a limb to suggest the Dems didn't and don't want to carry out terrorist attacks of any size or frequency against the USA


Not true - I saw a photo of Chuck and Nancy in full on Muslim gear, they were posing in front of the Iranian flag and everything



There's a sadly reasonable chance many Trump voters equate wearing 'foreign' clothing, and that might include Native American, with being a terrorist. And as someone who for some weeks after 7/7 was conscious of people in 'foreign' dress with backpacks on the underground I guess I'm convinced


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:52 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 am
Posts: 8357
EverReady wrote:
Liar. They wanted to bomb him and humiliate him all because he had the temerity to become the greatest leader the US has known since Roosevelt


Which one? 'cause if it's FDR then Trump might appreciate a partial bombing that puts him in a wheelchair and saves him having to stand and walk given how crap he is at standing and walking.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5630
EverReady wrote:
Liar. They wanted to bomb him and humiliate him all because he had the temerity to become the greatest leader the US has known since Roosevelt


Don't sell him short; he claimed he was the greatest since Lincoln !

Who; not many people know founded the Republican Party ..... :roll:

My worry is that the shitgibbon wants to start another civil war


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:54 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17086
Lemoentjie wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
You lot are losing it. I'm flattered that you're all so concerned that I've taken up about half your posts on the last two pages :lol:


There is some genuine derangement here. Why are saffers here so obsessed with US politics? :lol:


The odd thing is that Trump is quite popular among the white population here.

I'm not sure if it's blind hatred of Obama, sympathy with white supremacists, a childlike desire to defer to an authority figure as an ingrained product of a laager mentality or a combination of the three.

Perhaps Trump reminds them of John Vorster.

In any case, we are all affected by Trump's misrule and I don't think it's feasible to ask us to ignore it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:56 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17086
sorCrer wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
You lot are losing it. I'm flattered that you're all so concerned that I've taken up about half your posts on the last two pages :lol:


There is some genuine derangement here. Why are saffers here so obsessed with US politics? :lol:


With the world's largest economy, any grownup not interested in US politics is a blithering idiot.

Correct.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:59 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 am
Posts: 8357
fishfoodie wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Liar. They wanted to bomb him and humiliate him all because he had the temerity to become the greatest leader the US has known since Roosevelt


Don't sell him short; he claimed he was the greatest since Lincoln !

Who; not many people know founded the Republican Party ..... :roll:

My worry is that the shitgibbon wants to start another civil war


In many ways it's sad the GOP was one of the parties to endure, Trump would be a much better fit for the Know Nothing party. That's actually true both in jest and fact for anyone not familiar with the Know Nothings


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:07 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17086
TheFrog wrote:
Rinkals wrote:


I haven't read the whole article, but this assumes wrongly that criminal trials and political trials follow the same rules.

This is wrong, and this is actually the manipulation attempted by Trump's defense team who try to convince the Senate that an impeachment trial is a criminal trial. It is not. It is a political trial, and the question to be answered is whether or not Trump's behavior violate the Constitution and whether or not the President is fit for office given his behavior and dealings.

The two issues brought forward by the Democrats are:

- Abuse of power: ignoring Congressional vote and disposing of funds allocated to Ukraine to achieve his own personal objectives. This is actually quite an important vote here for the Senate, as it can totally undermine the Congress going forward. In other words, this redefines the balance of power between Executive and Legislative branches. There have been quite a number of abuses already by previous President (including Obama). I think the latest one before this issue was Trump diverting funds allocated to defense to build the wall on the Mexico border. Will the Senate say this is fine, even if that behavior is not for what the President believe is good for the country, but for what is good for his own personal purposes.

- Obstruction of Congress: this will vote will also further redefine the balance of power. Can the Executive Branch refuse to comply with Congressional votes? In particular, can they do this to obstruct the process of justice?

Those two votes have enormous consequences, as did the Democrat dismissal of Clinton's impeachment for lying under oath.

The USA are building for themselves a less and less democratic political organisation, that is concentrating powers in the hands of the President and could result in a mad man hurting country and world alike... At the same time as they pretend to be worried about North Korea and Iran...

Yes, I don't think it was meant to be taken seriously.

I agree that the impeachment has very little chance of success, but, as I've stated before, the worst possible outcome would be for a successful impeachment. In fact, in my opinion, the GOP would boost their chances of defeating the Democrats in next year's elections, were he to be impeached.

The important thing, as far as the Democrats are concerned, is that Trump's abuses are fully aired in public so that the American electorate can see it for themselves.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:11 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17086
fishfoodie wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Liar. They wanted to bomb him and humiliate him all because he had the temerity to become the greatest leader the US has known since Roosevelt


Don't sell him short; he claimed he was the greatest since Lincoln !

Who; not many people know founded the Republican Party ..... :roll:

My worry is that the shitgibbon wants to start another civil war


I don't think that's quite right; he claimed to be a better president than Lincoln, didn't he? saying that he was the greatest since Lincoln implies Lincoln was greater..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11286
piquant wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Liar. They wanted to bomb him and humiliate him all because he had the temerity to become the greatest leader the US has known since Roosevelt


Don't sell him short; he claimed he was the greatest since Lincoln !

Who; not many people know founded the Republican Party ..... :roll:

My worry is that the shitgibbon wants to start another civil war


In many ways it's sad the GOP was one of the parties to endure, Trump would be a much better fit for the Know Nothing party. That's actually true both in jest and fact for anyone not familiar with the Know Nothings


So it's the Know Nothing versus the Do Nothing?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11286
Rinkals wrote:
TheFrog wrote:
Rinkals wrote:


I haven't read the whole article, but this assumes wrongly that criminal trials and political trials follow the same rules.

This is wrong, and this is actually the manipulation attempted by Trump's defense team who try to convince the Senate that an impeachment trial is a criminal trial. It is not. It is a political trial, and the question to be answered is whether or not Trump's behavior violate the Constitution and whether or not the President is fit for office given his behavior and dealings.

The two issues brought forward by the Democrats are:

- Abuse of power: ignoring Congressional vote and disposing of funds allocated to Ukraine to achieve his own personal objectives. This is actually quite an important vote here for the Senate, as it can totally undermine the Congress going forward. In other words, this redefines the balance of power between Executive and Legislative branches. There have been quite a number of abuses already by previous President (including Obama). I think the latest one before this issue was Trump diverting funds allocated to defense to build the wall on the Mexico border. Will the Senate say this is fine, even if that behavior is not for what the President believe is good for the country, but for what is good for his own personal purposes.

- Obstruction of Congress: this will vote will also further redefine the balance of power. Can the Executive Branch refuse to comply with Congressional votes? In particular, can they do this to obstruct the process of justice?

Those two votes have enormous consequences, as did the Democrat dismissal of Clinton's impeachment for lying under oath.

The USA are building for themselves a less and less democratic political organisation, that is concentrating powers in the hands of the President and could result in a mad man hurting country and world alike... At the same time as they pretend to be worried about North Korea and Iran...

Yes, I don't think it was meant to be taken seriously.

I agree that the impeachment has very little chance of success, but, as I've stated before, the worst possible outcome would be for a successful impeachment. In fact, in my opinion, the GOP would boost their chances of defeating the Democrats in next year's elections, were he to be impeached.

The important thing, as far as the Democrats are concerned, is that Trump's abuses are fully aired in public so that the American electorate can see it for themselves.


I know this was not meant to be taken seriously, but it contributes to the Republican story book in some ways, and this should be clarified at every opportunity. Impeachment is not a criminal trial.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25704
BokJock wrote:
piquant wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
If the Dems had their way, they would have bombed the White House on a daily basis umtill The Don quit.

Guess they wish...


I'm going out on a limb to suggest the Dems didn't and don't want to carry out terrorist attacks of any size or frequency against the USA


Not true - I saw a photo of Chuck and Nancy in full on Muslim gear, they were posing in front of the Iranian flag and everything

Well the left (and sorC) and equate the Iranian terrorist to Lady Diana cult status....in fact, the guy saved puppies and kittens from burning building in his spare time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11286
saffer13 wrote:
BokJock wrote:
piquant wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
If the Dems had their way, they would have bombed the White House on a daily basis umtill The Don quit.

Guess they wish...


I'm going out on a limb to suggest the Dems didn't and don't want to carry out terrorist attacks of any size or frequency against the USA


Not true - I saw a photo of Chuck and Nancy in full on Muslim gear, they were posing in front of the Iranian flag and everything

Well the left (and sorC) and equate the Iranian terrorist to Lady Diana cult status....in fact, the guy saved puppies and kittens from burning building in his spare time.


Mmm... Interesting. Thank you for your valuable contribution.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25704
Rinkals wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
You lot are losing it. I'm flattered that you're all so concerned that I've taken up about half your posts on the last two pages :lol:


There is some genuine derangement here. Why are saffers here so obsessed with US politics? :lol:


The odd thing is that Trump is quite popular among the white population here.

I'm not sure if it's blind hatred of Obama, sympathy with white supremacists, a childlike desire to defer to an authority figure as an ingrained product of a laager mentality or a combination of the three.

Perhaps Trump reminds them of John Vorster.

In any case, we are all affected by Trump's misrule and I don't think it's feasible to ask us to ignore it.

How would you categorize black folk that are pro-Trump or Republican? Just curious because you have the answers to it all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25704
TheFrog wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
BokJock wrote:
piquant wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
If the Dems had their way, they would have bombed the White House on a daily basis umtill The Don quit.

Guess they wish...


I'm going out on a limb to suggest the Dems didn't and don't want to carry out terrorist attacks of any size or frequency against the USA


Not true - I saw a photo of Chuck and Nancy in full on Muslim gear, they were posing in front of the Iranian flag and everything

Well the left (and sorC) and equate the Iranian terrorist to Lady Diana cult status....in fact, the guy saved puppies and kittens from burning building in his spare time.


Mmm... Interesting. Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Hell, it's better than your C&P efforts of the impeachment trial updates :yawn:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:27 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 am
Posts: 8357
TheFrog wrote:
piquant wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Liar. They wanted to bomb him and humiliate him all because he had the temerity to become the greatest leader the US has known since Roosevelt


Don't sell him short; he claimed he was the greatest since Lincoln !

Who; not many people know founded the Republican Party ..... :roll:

My worry is that the shitgibbon wants to start another civil war


In many ways it's sad the GOP was one of the parties to endure, Trump would be a much better fit for the Know Nothing party. That's actually true both in jest and fact for anyone not familiar with the Know Nothings


So it's the Know Nothing versus the Do Nothing?


Nicely done


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1735
saffer13 wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
You lot are losing it. I'm flattered that you're all so concerned that I've taken up about half your posts on the last two pages :lol:


There is some genuine derangement here. Why are saffers here so obsessed with US politics? :lol:


The odd thing is that Trump is quite popular among the white population here.

I'm not sure if it's blind hatred of Obama, sympathy with white supremacists, a childlike desire to defer to an authority figure as an ingrained product of a laager mentality or a combination of the three.

Perhaps Trump reminds them of John Vorster.

In any case, we are all affected by Trump's misrule and I don't think it's feasible to ask us to ignore it.

How would you categorize black folk that are pro-Trump or Republican? Just curious because you have the answers to it all.


Dave Chappelle and Clayton Bigsby come to mind.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 946
As per usual, Randy Rainbow knocks it out of the park when it comes to Trump.

If you like musical theatre (and what Trump fan doesn't?) and especially the Gaston song in Beauty & the Beast, you'll love this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWbonwwFG-c


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2651, 2652, 2653, 2654, 2655, 2656, 2657 ... 2830  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 4071, A5D5E5, alliswell, bimboman, Bing [Bot], Boobs not Moobs, Boxcar Ira, Bradwall Boy, Chilli, DraadkarD, eldanielfire, feckwanker, Floppykid, Google Adsense [Bot], Hawaiian_shirts_rule, irishrugbyua, La soule, Lazy Couch potato, Lobby, nardol, not_english, piquant, Porterbelly1, Raggs, Rinkals, sockwithaticket, The Sun God, ukjim, Wilson's Toffee and 109 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group