Chat Forum
It is currently Sun May 31, 2020 7:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29529 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 555, 556, 557, 558, 559, 560, 561 ... 739  Next
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:28 pm 

terangi48 wrote:
Classy writer this girl...................enjoy reading her musings.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -musk-mars

I can see why you posted this in the NZ Politics threa...oh wait, no I can't :?:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:42 pm 

Confusing response there Jambanja...........

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:48 pm 

terangi48 wrote:
Confusing response there Jambanja...........

Is it? There are multiple threads out there where that article would have been entirely appropriate, just didn't think the NZ Politics was one of them, hence the comment

Not a bad article though

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:52 pm 

Seneca of the Night wrote:
Dark wrote:
Kahu wrote:
part-time opposition leader Brudges is holidaying it up in the Philippines, trying to cosy up to filipino Nazi supporters. What is it with National leaders receiving the ball on a gold plate and dropping it in sight of the line???

Fair point, but are we sure jacinda isn't actually a nazi? https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2020/01/why_ ... ssing.html

She ain't Nazi. She is just vehemently anti-Israel, which wouldn't be an issue, as frankly I don't care, except the event has nothing to do with current politics and she is showing her "dumb" again.

Let's just say that being 'vehemently anti-Israel' has gotten a certain political party into a lot of trouble in the UK recently. I've long said this is on the way to NZ.

Mainly because they couldn't differentiate between criticising Zionism and criticising Judaism.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:01 am 

@ Jambanja.......Many issues are now global.....I agree the article was "not bad"........and content style edgy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:15 am 

Gordon Bennett wrote:
Dark wrote:
Kahu wrote:
part-time opposition leader Brudges is holidaying it up in the Philippines, trying to cosy up to filipino Nazi supporters. What is it with National leaders receiving the ball on a gold plate and dropping it in sight of the line???

Fair point, but are we sure jacinda isn't actually a nazi? https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2020/01/why_ ... ssing.html

She ain't Nazi. She is just vehemently anti-Israel, which wouldn't be an issue, as frankly I don't care, except the event has nothing to do with current politics and she is showing her "dumb" again.

Let's just say that being 'vehemently anti-Israel' has gotten a certain political party into a lot of trouble in the UK recently. I've long said this is on the way to NZ.

Mainly because they couldn't differentiate between criticising Zionism and criticising Judaism.

Helluva hornet's nest to wade in to there. You might say that, I might think that; I might not think that. But times have changed.

Question though: is there a deep school of extremely anti-Israel thought inside NZ Labour and the Greens?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:17 am 

Gordon Bennett wrote:
Dark wrote:
Kahu wrote:

How could anyone be anti-Zion, he went 4 from 4 from 3 point range in his debut game!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:40 am 

Kahu wrote:

Brudges!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:27 am 

National's self destruction since the last election is a godsend for Labour.

And their "positive" campaign will probably allow them to write off anyone pointing out their failure to deliver on most of their promises from the last election as indulging in dirty politics.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:04 am 

Gordon Bennett wrote:
Dark wrote:

Helluva hornet's nest to wade in to there. You might say that, I might think that; I might not think that. But times have changed.

Question though: is there a deep school of extremely anti-Israel thought inside NZ Labour and the Greens?

Yep
https://1.org.nz/is-marama-davidson-a-d ... al-leader/

These are the people mad Marama was on the boat with, one designed a video game which encourages kids to kill Israelis [bonus points for head shot]

https://israelinstitute.nz/2019/12/kiwi ... errorists/

Golriz the narcissist has form in this area too , some people call these sort of comments and behaviour "dog whistle".

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/114200 ... itism?rm=a
https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO1804/ ... oncern.htm

A wannabe Labour mp posted this on facebook
http://www.jwire.com.au/nz-candidate-po ... tic-image/
Another called John Key "shylock".
https://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-herald/n ... k-comments

I'm sure like the continual sexual assaults within Labour on young party members they aren't part of a wider pattern thats swept under the carpet and requoting this post with a smiley face emoji will make it all go away.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:14 am 

Makes a change from blaming the Chinese for everything I suppose. Maybe if Labour mix it up a bit the public won't notice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:28 am 

Harvey's been down the rabbit hole :uhoh:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:42 am 

I see the spastic is still going strong on this thread.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:03 am 

Wilderbeast wrote:

He forgot to take his medication.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:46 am 

Happy election year all. This thread nearly 6 years old. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:00 am 

Tehui wrote:
Wilderbeast wrote:

He forgot to take his medication.

I'll have you know I took it as per the court order.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:45 am 

booji boy wrote:

With the same 3-4 people playing soggy biscuit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:53 am 

Tehui wrote:
booji boy wrote:

C'mon mate let's not lower the tone. ;)

Not accurate either. Dark and Harvey are relatively recent participants and back then Slow Wing was a huge participant but he hasn't been sighted in several years now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:52 pm 

booji boy wrote:
Tehui wrote:
booji boy wrote:

C'mon mate let's not lower the tone. ;)

Not accurate either. Dark and Harvey are relatively recent participants and back then Slow Wing was a huge participant but he hasn't been sighted in several years now.

I’d love to post more, but for obvious reasons really really shouldn’t.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:01 am 

Tehui wrote:
booji boy wrote:

:nod:

It's a national party branch meeting this thread.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:04 am 

Rumored election date 19th September

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:48 am 

Still feels like 5 minutes since the last election. Can't believe it's election year again already. Less than 8 months to the election.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:05 am 

Who to vote for?

Labour who have delivered very little of what they promised?

National who have largely self destructed since the last election leaving Simon, who looks well out of his depth, in charge and some very unappealing characters as the senior members?

NZ first which is really just Winnie first?

The Greens, who have taken a truly great concept and largely ruined it by appearing to ignore any science that gets in the way of the latest quick and easy fad?

One of the other minor parties that are mostly one cause wonders unlikely to have any influence?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:23 am 

Fat Old Git wrote:
Who to vote for?

Labour who have delivered very little of what they promised?

National who have largely self destructed since the last election leaving Simon, who looks well out of his depth, in charge and some very unappealing characters as the senior members?

The Greens, who have taken a truly great concept and largely ruined it by appearing to ignore any science that gets in the way of the latest quick and easy fad?

One of the other minor parties that are mostly one cause wonders unlikely to have any influence?

Pretty much agree. Labour have achieved next to nothing and in some cases gone backwards but National don't look that great either.

I see Mallard is being sued for defamation for calling a parliamentary staffer a rapist. Apparently he wasn't and his name is well known in public service circles.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:27 am 

Vote for the only sane man remaining in parliament

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:36 am 

deadduck wrote:
Vote for the only sane man remaining in parliament

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/new ... d=12301946

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:48 am 

Seymour does have to be careful about that sort of thing to be fair considering his supporters would struggle to fill a marquee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:58 am 

I'll be voting for the first time in a very long time. I have previously decided to not vote as I have not been resident and therefore didn't feel I should. However this ridiculous experiment must end. National aren't up to much, but appointing someone as dim and ignorant as Jacinda to the top job - which is essentially a tough CEO gig given the nature and size of both NZ and the specifics of the job role (it's extremely executive) - is just ridiculous, and must end.

Don't come at me with whataboutery, yes, Simon isn't the best we can do, but Jacinda is just about the worst we can do. It must end before some real damage starts to get done.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:26 pm 

Fat Old Git wrote:

Twas ever thus and thus it always will be.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:41 pm 

booji boy wrote:
Still feels like 5 minutes since the last election. Can't believe it's election year again already. Less than 8 months to the election.

That is probably because the current govt have done nothing in 3 years

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:27 pm 

It's an age thing. I'm beginning to understand why my Grandfather used to say it was always Christmas.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:40 pm 

I'll be voting for the first time in a very long time. I have previously decided to not vote as I have not been resident and therefore didn't feel I should. However this ridiculous experiment must end. National aren't up to much, but appointing someone as dim and ignorant as Jacinda to the top job - which is essentially a tough CEO gig given the nature and size of both NZ and the specifics of the job role (it's extremely executive) - is just ridiculous, and must end.

Don't come at me with whataboutery, yes, Simon isn't the best we can do, but Jacinda is just about the worst we can do. It must end before some real damage starts to get done.

Simon is far from the best we can do but his uselessness is in paremeters I’m far more comfortable than Ardern . I find it creepy when people deify politicians , in Arderns case it’s also weird considering how utterly ineffective her administration has been .

The latest crime stats are out and despite crime trending down throughout the West ours have been trending up for the past couple of years along with gang numbers.

https://www.stats.govt.nz/topics/crime-and-justice

Of course right on cue a herald story about how criminals might have suffered brain injuries turns upthis morning. I’m sure it’s a coincidence.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:52 pm 

I see Gordon Mclauchan has died: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/arti ... d=12303664

His 70s book The Passionless People was a kind of fabled classic of commentary as I was growing up, and you would read reverential references to it in places like the Listener and on RNZ. When I was old enough to read it I did.

It was fcking rubbish.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:29 pm 

Jacinda isn’t shit, she just needs a better support crew. She has obvious strengths. Her response to the Christchurch disaster was unparalleled. However, her party is too shit to help her with her weaknesses. I also think she suffered a lot in the learner stakes, particularly given she only became leader a few weeks before becoming PM, a victory she didn’t expect. I know of a few high rankers in the public sector who really rate her.

She’s also held back by the greens and, especially, NZ First. People need to remember that John Key was fortunate enough to have high enough numbers to chop and change between act and Maori party to achieve what he needed. Labour is dependent on NZ First, and we all know how Winnie can be.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:38 pm 

Wilderbeast wrote:
Jacinda isn’t shit, she just needs a better support crew. She has obvious strengths. Her response to the Christchurch disaster was unparalleled. However, her party is too shit to help her with her weaknesses. I also think she suffered a lot in the learner stakes, particularly given she only became leader a few weeks before becoming PM, a victory she didn’t expect. I know of a few high rankers in the public sector who really rate her.

She’s also held back by the greens and, especially, NZ First. People need to remember that John Key was fortunate enough to have high enough numbers to chop and change between act and Maori party to achieve what he needed. Labour is dependent on NZ First, and we all know how Winnie can be.

Deep state globalists.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:46 pm 

I don’t know their politics, which is how you’d expect those high up in the public sector to act.

So yeah, maybe?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:52 pm 

Wilderbeast wrote:

Her response to the massacre was unparalleled ? That’s some hyperbole right there.
I’m not saying she didn’t rise to the occasion but I can see Helen Clark or John Key doing just as well . In fact Keys speech after Pike river when he talked to the families and bought up growing up without a dad as being one of his best moments as pm.

As a pm the last two years or so have pretty much been stagnant as far as major policies have gone . This nonsense about trying to run an election campaign that’s positive is just a pathetically transparent excuse to be able to label any criticism of her reign as negative or nasty.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:54 pm 

It was unparalleled. Helen and John wouldn’t have come close.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:59 pm 

I see Gordon Mclauchan has died: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/arti ... d=12303664

His 70s book The Passionless People was a kind of fabled classic of commentary as I was growing up, and you would read reverential references to it in places like the Listener and on RNZ. When I was old enough to read it I did.

It was fcking rubbish.

He moaned about how boring and gray New Zealand was in the 70s and mocked people in small towns for their unworldliness and then wrote the Big Con about 20 years later as a follow up criticising the changes he largely wanted in the Passionless People having taken place .

He put his godawful poetry into his books too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:16 pm 

This election will be interesting.......who is Geurin and Topham working for this time in the shadows?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29529 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 555, 556, 557, 558, 559, 560, 561 ... 739  Next