Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4776 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 7:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16044
CrazyIslander wrote:
WoodlandsRFC wrote:
Tehui wrote:
Interesting, the whole 90s Bulls vs Warriors + KD debate. My take is that the Warriors are probably the better team, but the Bulls are a greater team. I know that won't make much sense to some.

MB - Good to have you back. :thumbup:

It makes sense, championships plays a large part in that. Lebron is probably the best of all time, but MJ is the greatest.

That makes sense. So my point is, LeBron isn't regarded as the greatest because of the lack of Championships but thats because he came against the GOAT team (IMO) 4 years in a row when he was in his prime.


I love watching Lebron play. He'll go down as one of the all time greats. But I don't know why apologists continue to make excuses for his lack of championships in comparison to MJ, Kareen, Magic and Russell. Lebron has lost in the finals 6 times, but only 2 times against a Warriors outfit with KD. The championship he really should have won was against Dallas, but he bottled it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 7:57 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 18581
Coz you need more than one good player to win championships. Plus the Warriors (without Durant) were a 73-9 team in the regular season and he also lost to a great Spurs side. None of Jordan's opponents can compare to those teams.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17495
He's had good teammates most of the time. No one brings up the first loss with the Cavs or the first loss to the Warriors.

But even if you forget the Warriors, he lost to Dallas with Bosh and prime Dwyane Wade* and then lost another finals with those two plus Ray freaking Allen. Those losses are a big negative mark on his record.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5382
Location: Straya cunt
CrazyIslander wrote:
Coz you need more than one good player to win championships. Plus the Warriors (without Durant) were a 73-9 team in the regular season and he also lost to a great Spurs side. None of Jordan's opponents can compare to those teams.


:lol:

Is this a generational thing?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16044
Here's a statistical summary of the 5 players whom I consider to be the best to have ever played the game:

5. Lebron James (small forward)

- 3 x championships
- 4 x MVP
- 16 x All Star
- 12 x All NBA first team
- 5 x NBA Defensive first team
- former rookie of the year
- 1 x scoring champion

Image


4. Magic Johnson (point guard)

- 5 x championships
- 3 x MVP
- 12 x All Star
- 9 x All NBA first team
- 4 x assists leader
- 2 x steals leader

Image


3. Bill Russell (centre)

- 11 x championships
- 5 x MVP
- 12 x All Star
- 3 x All NBA first team
- 1 x NBA All Defensive First Team
- 4 x rebounding champion

Image


2. Kareem Abdul-Jabar (centre)

- 6 x championships
- 6 x MVP
- 19 x All Star
- Former Rookie of the Year
- 10 x All NBA first team
- 5 x NBA All Defensive First Team
- 2 x NBA scoring champion
- 4 x blocks leader
- 1 x rebounding champion

Image


1. Michael Jordan (shooting guard)

- 6 x championships
- 5 x MVP
- 14 x All Star
- 1 x Defensive Player of the Year
- Former Rookie of the Year
- 10 x All NBA first team
- 9 x NBA All Defensive First Team
- 10 x scoring champion

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5382
Location: Straya cunt
:thumbup:

MJ is clear #1, but after him it's out of those 4 guys and Larry Bird to round out the top 5.

This was the top 10 for ESPN's best 74 players:

https://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/id/ ... l-nos-10-1


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 10:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 28287
CrazyIslander wrote:
Coz you need more than one good player to win championships. Plus the Warriors (without Durant) were a 73-9 team in the regular season and he also lost to a great Spurs side. None of Jordan's opponents can compare to those teams.


2008 aside, LeBron has always had a really strong team. He doesn't just get mega stars to join, he draws string roll players as well. The 73-9 Warriors team was also in a weaker season era. We know teams play less hard and don't try as much these days. I'll also say that GS team flopped in the final. How you can also say the 91 Lakers wasn't a hugely stacked team or the Stockton and Malone Jazz. Or the 86 Celtics or late 80's Pistons is a joke. Especially considering the sheer desert of nothing Lebron faced in the East 2011 onwards.

Let's not also think the GS Warriors were seen as close to a GOAT team when Kerr first took over. Or that most of the case of the Spurs were past their physical prime by the time they met LeBrons heat. The difference is Jordan consistently went GOAT mode in these situations, win, lose or draw creating historic performances. LeBron frequently wilted when pressure is on.

I see the LeBron debate like the Kobe, people where genuine saying Kobe was one ring away from equalling or besting Jordan. When his career ended people considered if he was top 5 or top 10. It will be the same with LeBron. When his career ends people will stop being prisoner of the moment and see the frequent flaws has has along with the great moments and see he just doesn't stack up against Jordan and he's already had a longer career.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 1:39 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 18581
Come on man, weaker season? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steph and Klay were Reggie Miller on turbo MKII X2. Plus the best defence arguably. That was a great team. People seem to underestimate Steph as a great player. I think because people think 3 pointers are low percentage shots, they rather you go in closer and sink a regulation shot. What happens if the guy shoot high percentage from 3? And equally adapt closer to the paint? And a great defender? Steph will be top 10 all time by the end of his career.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 5:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 11033
Curry is a great scorer but he’s not a great defender. Again what sets those Bulls teams apart is that they had three all time great defenders and Harper who was pretty damn good too. Aside from Draymond and maybe Iggy I don’t think GS really have anyone on that level. And MJ did all of his scoring against much more physical defenses than what we see today. Get rid of hand checking and he probably averages 40+. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 28287
Bowens wrote:
Curry is a great scorer but he’s not a great defender. Again what sets those Bulls teams apart is that they had three all time great defenders and Harper who was pretty damn good too. Aside from Draymond and maybe Iggy I don’t think GS really have anyone on that level. And MJ did all of his scoring against much more physical defenses than what we see today. Get rid of hand checking and he probably averages 40+. :lol:


Yeah, I'm getting that in this argument Harper is getting no credit, he was an excellent player. 5 times champion. That's also 4 starting players who are dangerous in getting steals.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Posts: 11005
Location: Stockholm
Tehui wrote:
5. Lebron James (small forward)

- 3 x championships
- 4 x MVP
- 16 x All Star
- 12 x All NBA first team
- 5 x NBA Defensive first team
- former rookie of the year
- 1 x scoring champion

Did anyone win rookie of the year apart from the current one who is not also the "former" rookie of the year?

Former seems a bit superfluous to me. Nitpicking, yeah.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Posts: 11005
Location: Stockholm
Bowens wrote:
Curry is a great scorer but he’s not a great defender. Again what sets those Bulls teams apart is that they had three all time great defenders and Harper who was pretty damn good too. Aside from Draymond and maybe Iggy I don’t think GS really have anyone on that level. And MJ did all of his scoring against much more physical defenses than what we see today. Get rid of hand checking and he probably averages 40+. :lol:

He's a great shooter but his incessant chewing on his mouthguard, and if not his mouthguard, then gum, disqualifies him from greatness. Great men do not spend 98% of their time chewing gum like a teenage cheerleader or anything else within reach like a baby. Pisses me off to no end.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 11:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16044
Mog The Almighty wrote:
Tehui wrote:
5. Lebron James (small forward)

- 3 x championships
- 4 x MVP
- 16 x All Star
- 12 x All NBA first team
- 5 x NBA Defensive first team
- former rookie of the year
- 1 x scoring champion

Did anyone win rookie of the year apart from the current one who is not also the "former" rookie of the year?

Former seems a bit superfluous to me. Nitpicking, yeah.


I added the word 'former' to remove any potential ambiguity. There are a lot of grammar nazis on PR who would rather argue linguistics than discuss the actual subject. A little bit like what you are doing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 12:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16044
Bowens wrote:
Curry is a great scorer but he’s not a great defender. Again what sets those Bulls teams apart is that they had three all time great defenders and Harper who was pretty damn good too. Aside from Draymond and maybe Iggy I don’t think GS really have anyone on that level. And MJ did all of his scoring against much more physical defenses than what we see today. Get rid of hand checking and he probably averages 40+. :lol:


The Warriors at their peak were a great defensive team, just not on the Bulls' level when it comes to defense. Draymond is a former Defensive player of the year, he deserves credit for that. But to add to your list, Klay Thompson is also a great defender.

Curry could potentially go into the top 10 when his career is finished. He's not finished winning championships or MVP awards yet.

I agree with your assessment on MJ if he was playing during an era without hand checking. Easy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 12:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 12822
fonzeee wrote:
Quote:
Anyway, I never liked Malone, nor the Jazz. So fudge 'em, and I hope Mitchell leaves them.


Wait a minute, who doesn't like the Utah Jazz?

Speaking of the Jazz, I see Bogdanovic has opted to have season ending surgery. Apparently he was playing hurt for a good part of this career year that he was enjoying.


Me. Worst fan base in the league. I like most of their players, tho - Boj included.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 12:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 12822
So Mickey Mouse to the rescue, and maybe, just maybe, the season will resume in a couple of months:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29213517/nba-talks-resume-play-disney-espn-wide-world-sports-complex

Would be nice.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 1:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 12822
CrazyIslander wrote:
Come on man, weaker season? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steph and Klay were Reggie Miller on turbo MKII X2. Plus the best defence arguably. That was a great team. People seem to underestimate Steph as a great player. I think because people think 3 pointers are low percentage shots, they rather you go in closer and sink a regulation shot. What happens if the guy shoot high percentage from 3? And equally adapt closer to the paint? And a great defender? Steph will be top 10 all time by the end of his career.


Yeah, the weakened season is just nonsense.

Larry Bird in 1997, "the league is a lot more watered down than when I played, so when you have a star like Michael Jordan, you rule the league".

Multiple expansion teams will do that. 6 teams won 26 games or fewer when the Bulls went 72-10. Only 4 did that when the Warriors went 73-9.

The Bulls also had the advantage of a shortened 3-point line when they went 72-10. When it was extended back out, the Bulls went from 6th in the league to 23rd in 3P%.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 1:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:08 am
Posts: 544
Tehui wrote:
Here's a statistical summary of the 5 players whom I consider to be the best to have ever played the game:

5. Lebron James (small forward)

- 3 x championships
- 4 x MVP
- 16 x All Star
- 12 x All NBA first team
- 5 x NBA Defensive first team
- former rookie of the year
- 1 x scoring champion

Image


4. Magic Johnson (point guard)

- 5 x championships
- 3 x MVP
- 12 x All Star
- 9 x All NBA first team
- 4 x assists leader
- 2 x steals leader

Image


3. Bill Russell (centre)

- 11 x championships
- 5 x MVP
- 12 x All Star
- 3 x All NBA first team
- 1 x NBA All Defensive First Team
- 4 x rebounding champion

Image


2. Kareem Abdul-Jabar (centre)

- 6 x championships
- 6 x MVP
- 19 x All Star
- Former Rookie of the Year
- 10 x All NBA first team
- 5 x NBA All Defensive First Team
- 2 x NBA scoring champion
- 4 x blocks leader
- 1 x rebounding champion

Image


1. Michael Jordan (shooting guard)

- 6 x championships
- 5 x MVP
- 14 x All Star
- 1 x Defensive Player of the Year
- Former Rookie of the Year
- 10 x All NBA first team
- 9 x NBA All Defensive First Team
- 10 x scoring champion

Image


Good list, personally I would have Bird ahead of Lebron but cant quibble as he definitely the greatest contemporary player.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 2:48 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 18581
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 4:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16044
jamesfreeman wrote:
Good list, personally I would have Bird ahead of Lebron but cant quibble as he definitely the greatest contemporary player.


I've assessed Lebron ahead of Bird mainly due to longevity. Bird was an assassin though. I've never really settled on players from 6 - 15, as I find it more difficult to put some players ahead of others in that list. i.e. Bird, Shaq, Olajuwon, Kobe, Duncan, Chamberlain, Robertson, Isaiah, West.

Larry Bird

- 3 x championships
- 3 x MVPs
- 12 x All Star
- 9 x All NBA first team
- former rookie of the year

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 5:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 3443
Location: Boston
I've heard it said that Magic had a better career than Bird, but that peak Bird was better than peak Magic. Fwiw


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 12822
fonzeee wrote:
I've heard it said that Magic had a better career than Bird, but that peak Bird was better than peak Magic. Fwiw


Interesting. Maybe because Bird was the better defender?

Tough for me to say - I got to see neither in their prime. NBA "Classic Games" has helped a ton, but not enough...

First NBA games I saw were the 1991 Finals. Magic was still awesome, but Worthy was hurt, and MJ was the best player in the game, so that was that!

Sucked for me, because I was rooting for the Lakers. With my Lakers singlet on, just quietly.

My younger bro, born Feb 23, had adopted the Bulls. The plum never lets me forget it either. :frown:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 12822
Were the 1991 Finals the first Finals broadcast in NZ?

Maybe the year previously?

YouTube has all 5 games up, FFS. Kids today have it so good!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 8:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:08 am
Posts: 544
Tehui wrote:
jamesfreeman wrote:
Good list, personally I would have Bird ahead of Lebron but cant quibble as he definitely the greatest contemporary player.


I've assessed Lebron ahead of Bird mainly due to longevity. Bird was an assassin though. I've never really settled on players from 6 - 15, as I find it more difficult to put some players ahead of others in that list. i.e. Bird, Shaq, Olajuwon, Kobe, Duncan, Chamberlain, Robertson, Isaiah, West.

Larry Bird

- 3 x championships
- 3 x MVPs
- 12 x All Star
- 9 x All NBA first team
- former rookie of the year

Image


:thumbup:

And Bird's back injury (from digging a hole at mothers place from what I remember) held him back as did that number one draft pick for celtics dying too held back his team too...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 9:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:08 am
Posts: 544
Also for me it kind of a toss up between Bird and Lebron as I definitely can respect Lebron at number 5. Am hoping he gets another championship too. The other ones mentioned yeah I put them in rest of my top 10. With Kobe I usually put him at number 11 but if someone has him higher I dont mind that. But for me I definitely have Duncan ranked ahead of Kobe though. I liked Kobe's mamba mentality and his basketball IQ but his efficiency left a lot to be desired at times but he definitely was a great streaky player who could catch on fire in games...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 9:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16044
jamesfreeman wrote:
And Bird's back injury (from digging a hole at mothers place from what I remember) held him back as did that number one draft pick for celtics dying too held back his team too...


Yeah, that's right. Bird's career had a few 'what ifs'. If he didn't get injured his career could have been even more spectacular. People talk about Lebron's 'what ifs', but every athlete has them. For example, Isaiah Thomas & the Pistons could have 3 titles in a row if he didn't injure his ankle against the Lakers in the 88 NBA finals.

I remember watching the Celtics v Lakers battles in the mid 80s. Everybody goes on about Bird v Magic, but damn, the thing I remember most is watching James Worthy, Kevin McHale, Kareem and Parish go at it. Two great sides.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 10:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4389
Marshall Banana wrote:
fonzeee wrote:
I've heard it said that Magic had a better career than Bird, but that peak Bird was better than peak Magic. Fwiw


Interesting. Maybe because Bird was the better defender?

Tough for me to say - I got to see neither in their prime. NBA "Classic Games" has helped a ton, but not enough...

First NBA games I saw were the 1991 Finals. Magic was still awesome, but Worthy was hurt, and MJ was the best player in the game, so that was that!

Sucked for me, because I was rooting for the Lakers. With my Lakers singlet on, just quietly.

My younger bro, born Feb 23, had adopted the Bulls. The plum never lets me forget it either. :frown:


My first basketball memory is the 82 NCAA final - I don’t remember Jordan from that game but I remember Ewing goal tending the first 4 North Carolina shots.

Then it was Lakers v Celtics all through the 80s - I chose Celtics and my two brothers Lakers. Larry Legend is still my all time favourite player.

I also remember Jordan at the 84 olympics.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 28287
fonzeee wrote:
I've heard it said that Magic had a better career than Bird, but that peak Bird was better than peak Magic. Fwiw


Possibly, Magic also had the better teams more often. 87 onwards Bird was basically always dealing with a back issue and constantly playing through pain. He had to lie down when off the bench during games to be able to physically play. It cut short his peak career sadly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 8:21 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 18581
jamesfreeman wrote:
I liked Kobe's mamba mentality and his basketball IQ but his efficiency left a lot to be desired at times but he definitely was a great streaky player who could catch on fire in games...


That's what I didn't get when people complained about LeBron vs Warriors (last 2 series). That he didn't take all the shots like Kobe. Kobe would've taken all the shots even if he was shooting at 30%, he would've ridden the team down.

LeBron did this in the first finals vs Warriors and was brilliant but it wasnt enough. He learned from that and with Kyrie/Love back the next series he shared the ball and won. LeBron knew he needed to get his team mates in the game for any chance to win. But he got no help, but at least he tried to win rather than try to do it himself knowing it would definitely lead to defeat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 6:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17495
Disney World confirmed as preferred option. Still a lot to work through, but July restart looking promising.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 6:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16044
Lebron is hungry to play during lockdown. The conversation between 0:20 - 1:00 cracked me up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU0fphnJmuY


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 5:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 11033
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Disney World confirmed as preferred option. Still a lot to work through, but July restart looking promising.


WWOS is pretty much the ideal facility. It has a couple of basketball arenas (one can be divided up into multiple courts) and loads of nearby hotel space.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 6:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8591
So if the NBA gets going again in a single location, does that mean we will get basketball played basically all day long, pretty much every day? Would be awesome, although less awesome for my work productivity.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 9:59 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 18581
Bring it on!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16044
Random question - when is the NBA draft due to take place? Just wondering how the draft is affected due to the suspension of this NBA season, as it pertains to seedings for top picks, etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17495
Tehui wrote:
Random question - when is the NBA draft due to take place? Just wondering how the draft is affected due to the suspension of this NBA season, as it pertains to seedings for top picks, etc.



It was supposed to be in a few weeks time. On hold till they work through how the final standings will be affected etc.

It wasn't a particularly deep draft and the lack of college game play and unavailability of players for pre draft workouts etc means it's probably gonna be a massive crap shoot and some really good players might be able to picked up in the later picks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 6:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16044
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Tehui wrote:
Random question - when is the NBA draft due to take place? Just wondering how the draft is affected due to the suspension of this NBA season, as it pertains to seedings for top picks, etc.



It was supposed to be in a few weeks time. On hold till they work through how the final standings will be affected etc.

It wasn't a particularly deep draft and the lack of college game play and unavailability of players for pre draft workouts etc means it's probably gonna be a massive crap shoot and some really good players might be able to picked up in the later picks.


Thanks for the update.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 11033
Woj:

Quote:
So the NBA's inviting 22 teams to Orlando: 13 Western Conference, 9 Eastern Conference. Eight-regular season games per team. Play-in for the 8th seeds. July 31-October 12. Vote tomorrow to ratify.
The NBA's back.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 3443
Location: Boston
Thank God

Wish it was a little sooner as I'm dying for sports, but this is great news :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17495
Great, but can't help feel they've kind of missed the boat in not changing things up a bit. Some were floating the idea of a group stage type tournament instead of a traditional playoff structure which would have been super interesting, especially with how Silver is wanting to run a mid season tournament in future.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4776 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CrazyIslander, Google Adsense [Bot], True Blue, Working Class Rugger and 44 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group