Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
Blackrock Bullet

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

rfurlong wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:13 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:31 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:22 pm
rfurlong wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:09 pm I'd be happy for NPHET/The Government to put their focus into keeping hospitalisations down, as opposed to keeping case numbers down.

That would potentially mean kids sports (amongst other things like well controlled restaurants) being recommenced/reopened, which I think is crucial

How do you focus on keeping hospitalisations down without focusing on keeping case numbers down though?

The unspoken piece of Leo's statement is essentially "lock up your grannies" ....... which in fairness most grannies are already doing themselves
And 1000s of young people with underlying conditions.
If Covid motivates young obese people to get healthy as their mates are all off living life, that might not be the worst thing.

For people with chronic issues like asthma, that's life unfortunately.

Feeling left out is not an excuse, very lefty in outlook.

And I'm the one lacking empathy? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Huh?

That's life unfortunately.

We know who the key at risk people are.

It's the elderly, it's the obese and it's those who are immuno compromised. That's just reality.

Sam McConkey wants a 7 year plan for this. Do you think everyone should stay under their beds until then? Is it mean that some people suffer more than others?

So we're at 1% hospital capacity. A level of increase significantly below that of seasonal influenza. And you think it's right to throw tens of thousand of people out of jobs when the public health people don't do their own jobs properly. Until the end of 2021.

Good man.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Mullet 2 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:09 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:37 pm
rfurlong wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:09 pm I'd be happy for NPHET/The Government to put their focus into keeping hospitalisations down, as opposed to keeping case numbers down.

That would potentially mean kids sports (amongst other things like well controlled restaurants) being recommenced/reopened, which I think is crucial

How do you focus on keeping hospitalisations down without focusing on keeping case numbers down though?

The unspoken piece of Leo's statement is essentially "lock up your grannies" ....... which in fairness most grannies are already doing themselves
Hundreds of dead children territory here
Stick to analyzing Prime Time like it’s a Leinster game

“Feeley smashing Glynner with the big hit”
:lol: Mullet you’re played this one like the 1972 Welsh 5 nations team and just like 1972, we won’t let you forget that when push came to shove you stayed at home.
normilet

Post by normilet »

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1001/11686 ... ate-covid/
NPHET has recommended to Government that a maximum of six people from a single household should be allowed visit another home nationwide.

This rule currently applies in Dublin and Donegal, which are on Level 3 restrictions, but up until now six people from three households could visit another home in other counties, which are on Level 2.

NPHET has also recommended that no counties are to see a change in their restrictions level this week, meaning no other counties will be elevated to Level 3.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Duff is right

I'm JPR and you're not
Blackrock Bullet

normilet wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:06 pm https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1001/11686 ... ate-covid/
NPHET has recommended to Government that a maximum of six people from a single household should be allowed visit another home nationwide.

This rule currently applies in Dublin and Donegal, which are on Level 3 restrictions, but up until now six people from three households could visit another home in other counties, which are on Level 2.

NPHET has also recommended that no counties are to see a change in their restrictions level this week, meaning no other counties will be elevated to Level 3.
The rest of Ireland moving to Level 2.63 of the 5 Level plan.
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

Nolanator wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:28 pm
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:19 pm Is reddit not a teenager thing?
Not anymore. The original teenagers have grown up.
Generally it's 18-24 and heavily skews male.

So people in college or just out of college without real jobs.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

More like 2.17 I reckon.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

EverReady wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:54 pm Lads I have a very bad hangover
As had I. Long gone thankfully.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

NPHET has recommended no anal
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:07 pm
EverReady wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:54 pm Lads I have a very bad hangover
As had I. Long gone thankfully.
Mine is still hanging around in my eyes and my face and some extremities. It was hardcore but like a fella who had Covid I have earned my medals
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:15 am
lorcanoworms wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:05 am If we increase hospital capacity including ICU and critical care can we bring in or find more staff here in Ireland?
Or are we just exposing existing staff to more risk.
Good question, the HSE claim they'll be overran, but didn't bother to hire the vast majority of the healthcare heroes they called to come home.

https://www.thejournal.ie/on-call-for-i ... 5-Aug2020/
Be On Call For Ireland: Only 209 workers given role in health service while 1,600 remain in a 'pool'

OF THE 73,000 people who applied for the government’s Be On Call For Ireland campaign to recruit healthcare workers, only 209 of them have been placed into a role in the health service.

Figures from the HSE show that 2,773 people passed an interview and indicated they were available for work since the initiative was launched in March.

Of these, 1,639 people remain available within the “pool” to take up a role in the health service, and a further 720 are “job-ready” after passing the clearance procedure.

Separately, a further 1,975 were recruited across four of the seven hospital groups in Ireland to assist in combating Covid-19.
That is pathetic.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

EverReady wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:47 pm Sanity prevails a bit too late in the day https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/r ... 79254.html

Cue outrage
Good stuff. Should reignite calls for Mary Lou McPuppet to resign immediately.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Here lads you have to admire some lads moxy. I am down at my young ones athletics training, she has her mother's flat feet so not sure why but anyway...
The under 18's are training and there are 4 young ones and 4 lads. The 4 young ones are tall and athletic as you would expect. 3 of the lads are the same. However one of the lads has the quite large pot belly. Much like an older gentleman's much loved and tended beer version. He jogs behind all the girls arses week in week out always about 10 yards behind. It is old fashioned perving you would think is gone but here it is.
Leinster in London

Post by Leinster in London »

EverReady wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:26 pm Here lads you have to admire some lads moxy. I am down at my young ones athletics training, she has her mother's flat feet so not sure why but anyway...
The under 18's are training and there are 4 young ones and 4 lads. The 4 young ones are tall and athletic as you would expect. 3 of the lads are the same. However one of the lads has the quite large pot belly. Much like an older gentleman's much loved and tended beer version. He jogs behind all the girls arses week in week out always about 10 yards behind. It is old fashioned perving you would think is gone but here it is.
All he needs is those clown eyes on springs.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

:lol:

I was just having a laugh with the missus about it. She said I have pointed this out already and am clearly a pervert myself. Harsh
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Well, if that's what motivates him to get some exercise I guess that's something.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

EverReady wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:20 pm :lol:

I was just having a laugh with the missus about it. She said I have pointed this out already and am clearly a pervert myself. Harsh
You sure it’s not a little ER unaccounted for and now emulating the great man
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

I hadn't thought of that. The lengths he is going to make me proud to be Irish *sniff
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Lads, all we need is another f*cking citizens assembly and we're sorted :uhoh: https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/how- ... -1.4368559
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

We've said it before and it needs to be said again but the vast majority of people on the assembly are bound to be know it all cünts hence why they are on it. All the normal people are too busy doing shit to get involved with shite like that.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

At risk of being maudlin, where are the deaths occurring? We are people being admitted to ICU and being discharged so are they dying before they hit ICU or not even making it to hospital?
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

EverReady wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:36 pm We've said it before and it needs to be said again but the vast majority of people on the assembly are bound to be know it all cünts hence why they are on it. All the normal people are too busy doing shit to get involved with shite like that.
Ruairi Brugha seems to be a buddy of McDonkey's. He's all over the shop - we should have eliminated it even though he acknowledges that we couldn't really.
ZappaMan

Post by ZappaMan »

Cayman airport opened today for the first time in over 6 months :thumbup:

Still with massive restrictions on who can fly in and where they isolate but I still feel like that sailor snogging the bird in Times Square on V-J Day.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

ZappaMan wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:45 pm Cayman airport opened today for the first time in over 6 months :thumbup:

Still with massive restrictions on who can fly in and where they isolate but I still feel like that sailor snogging the bird in Times Square on V-J Day.
I've been terrible stuffed up and coughy. Think it's the damp. A nice trip to the Caymans might be the trick
ZappaMan

Post by ZappaMan »

EverReady wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:48 pm
ZappaMan wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:45 pm Cayman airport opened today for the first time in over 6 months :thumbup:

I've been terrible stuffed up and coughy. Think it's the damp. A nice trip to the Caymans might be the trick
I bagsy top bunk :thumbup:
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:42 pm
EverReady wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:36 pm We've said it before and it needs to be said again but the vast majority of people on the assembly are bound to be know it all cünts hence why they are on it. All the normal people are too busy doing shit to get involved with shite like that.
Ruairi Brugha seems to be a buddy of McDonkey's. He's all over the shop - we should have eliminated it even though he acknowledges that we couldn't really.
Those who advocated elimination have refrained from saying “I told you so”.
Prick
Blackrock Bullet

Gavin Duffy wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:33 pm Lads, all we need is another f*cking citizens assembly and we're sorted :uhoh: https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/how- ... -1.4368559
He must be a bit jelly that he can't get airtime.

A Citizens Assembly, Christ almighty.
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

What does he think a Citizens Assembly is?

Christ, he sounds like he'd show up in a toga, or dressed as Pericles.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

EverReady wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:50 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:42 pm
Those who advocated elimination have refrained from saying “I told you so”.
Prick
Spectacularly wankerish - he should stay in ethiopia writing bollocks for a good long while.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Here's another word turd from a few months back https://www.thejournal.ie/readme/pubs-d ... 5-Jul2020/
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Leinsterman wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:41 pm At risk of being maudlin, where are the deaths occurring? We are people being admitted to ICU and being discharged so are they dying before they hit ICU or not even making it to hospital?
1 ICU death in the last week.

This can come on very quickly and depending on the age/underlying condition, I'm guessing most deaths don't make it to ICU or there's no point because it'd be pointless. About 20% of our ICU admissions have died, I believe. So 'only' 90 of our total death toll.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

CM11 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:56 pm
Leinsterman wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:41 pm At risk of being maudlin, where are the deaths occurring? We are people being admitted to ICU and being discharged so are they dying before they hit ICU or not even making it to hospital?

This can come on very quickly and depending on the age/underlying condition, I'm guessing most deaths don't make it to ICU or there's no point because it'd be pointless. About 20% of our ICU admissions have died, I believe. So 'only' 90 of our total death toll.
You’re not going to intubate a 90 year old - look at the median age of death ffs
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

If Covid motivates young obese people to get healthy as their mates are all off living life, that might not be the worst thing.

That’s fair comment ..you are not lacking in empathy at all ... just lots of other things ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blackrock Bullet

I see Press Up are threatening court action if they are kept closed beyond October 10th.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

ZappaMan wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:49 pm
EverReady wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:48 pm

I bagsy top bunk :thumbup:

Sound getting up there could be a struggle for me as I am inexplicably a bit breathless
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Duff Paddy wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:59 pm
CM11 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:56 pm

You’re not going to intubate a 90 year old - look at the median age of death ffs
Ok so we can possibly assume they're dying in regular beds or even in nursing homes/at home?
Which then begs the question - despite all the measures in place, it's still nigh on impossible to shield the older cohorts of society... the ones we're allegedly protecting by imposing all the restrictions.

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:21 pm I see Press Up are threatening court action if they are kept closed beyond October 10th.
Can't blame them. They have a huge portfolio and quite a few fit out & construction projects underway. They could very well be feeling the pinch from the banks at the moment with a lot of money going out and not a lot coming in.
There's only so much money you can make out of a Wowburger portakabin.
MunsterMan!!!!!

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

I can't stand Miriam anymore, if she isn't being condesceding its incompetant, she just terrible.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:52 pm I can't stand Miriam anymore, if she isn't being condesceding its incompetant, she just terrible.
These qualities of hers are hardly new though :lol:
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

rte are a bunch of shitbags.

They have are showing a prime time like show called "The Next Normal " and showing surveys of mental health across the country.

Using a name like that for a show immediately makes one more anxious.

Bunch of wankers. They're loving this
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Botha Boy wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:00 pm

That’s fair comment ..you are not lacking in empathy at all ... just lots of other things ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, the whole of government, the whole HSE leadership, the whole of NPHET, and the whole of the WHO are 100% wrong ..... while you and a few other lads on the internet have all the answers.