Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
paddyor

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by paddyor »

Duff Paddy wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:49 pm You can’t really shield a nursing home can you. Most people in there - not all but most - are waiting to die, any serious infection could finish them off. Covid certainly did that and there might be a levelling off of stats over the next 3 years as a result. The idea that we can shield nursing homes without making them into basically high dependency units akin to hospitals and thus greatly reducing the quality of life for their last remaining time on the planet. There’s no easy answer.
FWIW deaths of the over 65s is now below the normal range.

https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps ... by-country
CM11

Post by CM11 »

paddyor wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:52 am
Duff Paddy wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:49 pm You can’t really shield a nursing home can you. Most people in there - not all but most - are waiting to die, any serious infection could finish them off. Covid certainly did that and there might be a levelling off of stats over the next 3 years as a result. The idea that we can shield nursing homes without making them into basically high dependency units akin to hospitals and thus greatly reducing the quality of life for their last remaining time on the planet. There’s no easy answer.
FWIW deaths of the over 65s is now below the normal range.

https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps ... by-country
Our graph isn't accurate on euromomo, there's a delay as they have pointed out before. You need to look at the graph in a couple of months to figure out current excess mortality. Although, if you zoom in it's been steadily below the line for months. We look like one of the best, in that regard, which is a positive for both sides! Even Sweden, which had a lot of elderly deaths, has only gotten back to normal levels, not below. And poor Belgium barely got to level before going up again.

I'm assuming France is a reporting delay because every time I look their recent weeks have that steep decline.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

I see Trump has finally caught covid. Or is that fake news?
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

CM11 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:17 am I see Trump has finally caught covid. Or is that fake news?
Yeah stunt i reckon
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

rfurlong wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:20 am
Botha Boy wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:23 pm
rfurlong wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:12 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:51 pm
rfurlong wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:42 pm You lads are really not coping well with the realization that NPHET aren't listening to your expert opinions and poring over your every pronouncement on here, are you?
More gibberish as you can’t debate. I look forward to your future “economic” musings.
Yeah Iarmhi ..... I'm the one being arrogant here

I've already been on the record stating I don't think NPHET are infallible ...... but I've zero tolerance for 20-something trainee lawyers telling the rest of us that the NATIONAL. PUBLIC. HEALTH. EMERGENCY. TEAM are a shower of clowns and spoofers.

There's lots of nuance to this for sure, but the one black and white issue is that neither me nor Brock habe the medical credentials to question the experts on this .... yet one of us is turning it into a crusade it seems
Wrong.

Our NPHET Overlords don't have the expertise to discuss what they are doing ... based on what they have already tweeted and are trying to walk back.

It's a technical topic and the final outcome will never change, regardless of the smokescreen that is put out to the public. They are f**ked regardless of what they attempt to justify now.

Just don't pretend that you didn't know and no-one tried to tell you, afterwards ..

Remember Wuhan is back in the pool and in the nightclub ... and they were hit a few months before us ... it could be you if you break out of your Stockholm Syndrome ...
The reason China is back open is because they put in place the kind of autocratic, heavily policed, stringent restrictions, that people like you would be screaming blue bloody murder about, if they were tried here.

The fecking irony :roll:

Really ? Is that what happened in Shanghai, in Beijing ? I don't think so. They managed to shield nearly a billion people from the asymptomatic super spreader COVID-19 zombies - its worthy of a Nobel prize for Medicine what they have achieved if that is the case.

You ignore the reality that they had a lot of pre-existing cross-immunity in their population (immunity due to prior exposure to similar coronaviruses) and that we also have some and are building more population immunity as the virus transmission slowly spreads further.

Vietnam has had barely an issue ... why ? How come they they have been very mildly impacted while other geographies have seen their old folks wiped ? No martial law was used there.

We have been here before. SARS-CoV-1 arrived in 2002 and spread around Asia until 2004. There has not been a single case of SARS-CoV-1 reported globally since 2004. Hopefully SARS-CoV-2 will burn out similarly, although that is not guaranteed. But burn-out is epidemiologically typical if you do not get significant mutation of the virus.

Covid=19's impact is a fraction of what it was in the Spring - remember we had very little testing capacity then but were detected similar numbers of virus RNA cases by PCR, Now we are detecting lots of RNA residues due to use of super-high amplification cycles above 40 for folks who have another respiratory illness but were exposed to Covid in the past few months. As we continue to test every cough and fever for PCR, we will see NPHET terrified out of their wits by a hugh number of false and last positive testing artefacts.

Covid19 spread currently will be real but much smaller that PCR testing indicates.And if these use cases are inflated, a similar risk of misclassification of the hospitalisations and ICU cases also holds. There are more precise ways of diagnosing Covid 19 by scanning their lungs for the typical impacts of the Covid 19, etc.

Hopefully folks will realise we can live with this serious respiratory condition and get back in the pool and nightclub like Wuhan has.... soon.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

HighKingLeinster wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:26 am
CM11 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:17 am I see Trump has finally caught covid. Or is that fake news?
Yeah stunt i reckon
News cycle moves away from how much of an incompetent cúnt of a human he is for a couple of weeks. Then he credits hydroxychloroquine with making him better. Patriotic fervour sweeps lots of the country and he gets a bounce above Biden just in time for election day.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

That's the plan
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

The hydroxychloroquine stuff is still hilarious, the media just walk right into his punch and judy show.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

You couldn't make Trump up ..... he's really discovering the mockers gods these days

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/78 ... 94208?s=20
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:26 am The hydroxychloroquine stuff is still hilarious, the media just walk right into his punch and judy show.
It's just low quality American media tbh.

He repeated the claim during the debate that he was sarcastic when he suggested injecting bleach.

They need to Paxman Trump and require him to address a specific issue and refuse to move on until he does. He thrives because the media doesn't do that. His supporters defended the bleach comments to the hilt right up until Trump claimed he hadn't meant it, and immediately shifted to pretending they hadn't either. An argument with somebody like DAC would have taught you how to deal with that sort of trolling. It's not complicated. As I said, Paxman built his reputation on calling that out.
Blackrock Bullet

Ah the media try to deep dives on it. There was some genuinely pathetic stuff soon after he was promoting hydroxychloroquine about him owning shares in a pharma company that produces it. It was something like $100 of stock in a huge portfolio which he probably never looks at. They think this stuff is real gotcha.

In reality, it was the first thing broached as a potential "cure", so he jumped on it. He was desperate for a cure so the economy could get motoring again and his ego wanted him to be the one pushing it. But the media then tried to turn it into some bit of Woodward and Beirnstein bit of journalism from then and he could pivot it into being a troll and a bit of a joke. They just don't know how to handle him.
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

Ooh, 81% of folks studied, who had not been exposed to Covid-19 before, already had T-cell response for the virus. Possibly from prior exposure to other coronaviruses. T-cell protection would be really powerful and explain why around 80-85% of us appear to be impervious or “asymptomatic” to the Covid virus.

Published in a pamphlet call Nature Immunology. More good news ... 8)

https://www-nature-com.eu1.proxy.openat ... 20-00808-x

Are you feeling confident enough now to take off your muzzle and walk out the door away from your NPHET kidnappers ? ... :twisted:
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

OK Donald
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

HighKingLeinster wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:26 am
Yeah stunt i reckon
it really could be ; Biden should demand he release the test results.......from testing centre at Trump medical college
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

I wonder could Biden have been infected the other night at the debate?
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

iarmhiman wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:49 pm I wonder could Biden have been infected the other night at the debate?
That was Donny's aim all along. Shout lots and shout loud, so that he can infect people who are still far away from him.
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

14 days ago
Professor Philip Nolan
@President_MU
Replying to
@President_MUIt is reasonable to ask: why close restaurants and pubs if there are so few outbreaks associated with those environments? However, this is misreading and misinterpreting the data on outbreaks and clusters. 1/10
https://twitter.com/President_MU/status ... 18081?s=20

Today
Professor Philip Nolan
@President_MU
Replying to
@President_MU
We need and crave social contact, but the virus exploits the moments we come close as an opportunity to transmit. It’s spreading rapidly right now, between households, especially in young adults. 2/6
https://twitter.com/President_MU/status ... 49088?s=20

Same data. In fairness, it's been 2 weeks and the measures haven't worked so it's time to change tack.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

You wouldn't have read 'between households' as 'in houses'?
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

The way I'm reading it stats is that they started contact tracing beyond 48 hours and it turned out the data wasn't all that misleading.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

paddyor wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:50 pm The way I'm reading it stats is that they started contact tracing beyond 48 hours and it turned out the data wasn't all that misleading.
They've already given examples involving restaurants and pubs.

I'm reading what you've posted there as 'stop meeting up with so many different people'. Not really specific to setting.
Blackrock Bullet

CM11 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:53 pm
paddyor wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:50 pm The way I'm reading it stats is that they started contact tracing beyond 48 hours and it turned out the data wasn't all that misleading.

I'm reading what you've posted there as 'stop meeting up with so many different people'. Not really specific to setting.
Examples

Of course we all knew there were examples, but the detail beyond that was shite. Glynn and co. realized they looked kike mugs so went off to find some, there wasn't much beyond that.

In all of this, the schools haven't been mentioned once, despite it still being 15-24 year olds where infections are being driven...
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

934 positive cases in Northern Ireland in last 24 hours. f**king hell
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Dirty bastards. Build that wall
Blackrock Bullet

iarmhiman wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:18 pm 934 positive cases in Northern Ireland in last 24 hours. f**king hell
A real conundrum for the Zero Coviders.
alliswell

Post by alliswell »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:11 pm

Examples

Of course we all knew there were examples, but the detail beyond that was shite. Glynn and co. realized they looked kike mugs so went off to find some, there wasn't much beyond that.

In all of this, the schools haven't been mentioned once, despite it still being 15-24 year olds where infections are being driven...
Just to mention we've had a few students test positive and have been informed by the officials that they have no close contacts within the school community. I don't think the capacity is there to trace infections to source.

I know you're fairly outraged by everything these days but it is a big ask to compile data properly on this given that public health in this country has always been relatively neglected.
Blackrock Bullet

alliswell wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:27 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:11 pm

Examples

Just to mention we've had a few students test positive and have been informed by the officials that they have no close contacts within the school community. I don't think the capacity is there to trace infections to source.

I know you're fairly outraged by everything these days but it is a big ask to compile data properly on this given that public health in this country has always been relatively neglected.
I'm not outraged on it, it's a fact that we will have outbreaks amongst teenagers in particular. That's just the reality.

As for compiling data, nah. They started doing it last week after they were called out on it. There were a trickle of cases over the summer for them to look at but they didn't both.
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:27 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:18 pm 934 positive cases in Northern Ireland in last 24 hours. f**king hell
“But Faroes Islands can do it and Greenland can do it. ... “
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

The zero Coviders have zero credibility and no one is listening to them in any event

The "Real conundrum" around the rising case numbers is for the "open all sectors of the economy" merchants like you

But don't let that get in the way of your ongoing rant against NPHET and the government
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Botha Boy wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:56 pm
It's almost as if you lads are trying to claim that McConkey is a member of NPHET...... :roll:
Blackrock Bullet

rfurlong wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:01 pm
The zero Coviders have zero credibility and no one is listening to them in any event

The "Real conundrum" around the rising case numbers is for the "open all sectors of the economy" merchants like you

But don't let that get in the way of your ongoing rant against NPHET and the government
I've never said open up everything, stop lying.

I absolutely think there needs to be continued restrictions. But restrictions that allow most businesses to actually try and do business if they can.

Nightclubs should not be reopened as nightclubs for example, but if a premises can reopen and serve food with social distancing, then yes they should.

In terms of this "zero credibility", they are all the press daily, stop kidding yourself.
Blackrock Bullet

rfurlong wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:02 pm
It's almost as if you lads are trying to claim that McConkey is a member of NPHET...... :roll:
Is this what you're latching onto?

You know that NPHET actually wanted mandatory quarantine at the border, for example.
Conspicuous

Post by Conspicuous »

Don’t forget about Guernsey 😂. They’re playing a stormer too according to Big Sam
CM11

Post by CM11 »

I may have got it out of context but I heard a snippet from McConkey this morning that seemed to suggest he was veering away from suppression and was accepting of the fact that we can't keep on ignoring the economy.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Botha Boy wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:15 pm
Leinsterman wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:08 pm Botha, is this your line of profession as a matter of interest or is it the pharma side of things?
I am sadly informed on much of this technology. Does that answer your question ?
Never saw this, apologies.
It confirms what I thought.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/p ... 82415.html

Hairy bastard is keeping up the hacked bollox :lol:
CM11

Post by CM11 »

EverReady wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:41 pm https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/p ... 82415.html

Hairy bastard is keeping up the hacked bollox :lol:
When the login is traced back to his computer, it'll be interesting.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

They used advanced mickey shaped hacking tools
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

As far as I can remember stats they don't release info like that and he will know that.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

What about the gimp who quoted him and claimed he was also hacked in a remarkable coincidence? Wonder what the probability of that would be?
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

EverReady wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:05 pm As far as I can remember stats they don't release info like that and he will know that.
Public interest story maybe?