Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

All things Rugby
User avatar
kiwigreg369
Posts: 5316
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by kiwigreg369 »

Ned played well in a largely disappointing Tahs team.
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 16937
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by Zakar »

jdogscoop wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:20 am
Zakar wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:11 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:59 am
Zakar wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:51 am This is the first time I've seen an ABs XV and genuinely had no idea who one of the starters is. Tupou Vaa’i? Compare him to Dominic Bird for me.
He's a shorter, lighter, more mobile, less experienced version of Bird.

He's the luckiest man in NZ rugby but is rated by some fairly knowledgable people. I saw nothing during Super Rugby Aotearo to suggest he is an All Black, but I guess we will all know a bit more come Sunday.
I appreciate the Bird comparison. :thumbup:

I've long believed that Whitelock and Brodie (and to a lesser extent Barrett) have been the engine room of your success over the past decade or so. Must be the first time in a while without at least one of them starting. Paging Naki to the White courtsey phone, Naki to the white courtesey phone...
Two cracks at it, both wrong. It's courtesy.
I typed that out whilst taking a shit, I don't give a phuck.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 12294
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Looks like Rennie is opting for a, "peform or you will be dropped immediately", approach. That is interesting and a little surprising. I would have guessed, and preferred that he gave them a chance or two. In any case, at least he hasn't dropped guys like Paisami, who played well, just to make room for a much-herladed replacement that hasn't actually done anything yet. That much I definitely agree with. I look forwards to Petia making it a competition for that 13 jersey, as it should be.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 12294
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by Mog The Almighty »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:49 am Ned played well in a largely disappointing Tahs team.
I think a lot of Aussie posters have a problem with him becaues he is prettier than they are. And their girlfriend. Ned is a good player, he's fast to the breakdown, good in the lineouts, and players with a lot of heart and big motor. He is still a bit under-cooked, but I hope that he will get there under Rennie and I hope that he performs well and silences a few critics.
User avatar
Wignu
Posts: 1653
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:20 am
Location: From the Hutt bro.

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by Wignu »

I just find it disconcerting the Wallabies team haven't concentrated on the ref mistakes, how hard they were done by etc etc, it's almost like they're focusing on actually playing the game :o
towny
Posts: 18779
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by towny »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:53 am Looks like Rennie is opting for a, "peform or you will be dropped immediately", approach. That is interesting and a little surprising. I would have guessed, and preferred that he gave them a chance or two. In any case, at least he hasn't dropped guys like Paisami, who played well, just to make room for a much-herladed replacement that hasn't actually done anything yet. That much I definitely agree with. I look forwards to Petia making it a competition for that 13 jersey, as it should be.
Petaia hasn’t done anything yet? Are you drunk? Do you watch games?
towny
Posts: 18779
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by towny »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:55 am
kiwigreg369 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:49 am Ned played well in a largely disappointing Tahs team.
I think a lot of Aussie posters have a problem with him becaues he is prettier than they are. And their girlfriend. Ned is a good player, he's fast to the breakdown, good in the lineouts, and players with a lot of heart and big motor. He is still a bit under-cooked, but I hope that he will get there under Rennie and I hope that he performs well and silences a few critics.
He was shit in 2016. Wasn’t ready. In 2020 he’s not shit. It’s a good call imo.
xhooker
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by xhooker »

capt hurricane wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:28 am I think we will feel the loss of Whitelock, and Scott Barrett might be on the field sooner than he thinks. Vaai is still unproven at this level, and Tuipolotu is still prone to inconsistency. We miss Lurch!

The midfield lacks a strong ball runner. ALB and Goodhue are good at running the gaps, but do not commit defenders in the style of a Nonu or SBW. Could be an opportunity for Clarke to come in off the wing and cause havoc!

Mounga remains a concern. Barrett seems to have an age to make a decision, whereas Mounga seems rushed. He will need to be protected, either by the ref or by the loosies! Still not convinced he has the goods in a test match. The best 10 in the world has been shifted to fullback to accommodate him, the best fullback in NZ has been stuck on the wing to accommodate that. So many backline issues could be solved by benchint Mounga, then Beauden is where he needs to be, Jordie is where he needs to be, and get Will Jordan on the wing in 14!

Frizzell needs to step up, and Cane, although he is a great tackler, he is not the presence at the breakdown that he needs to be. He's a 7 playing like a 6, so why not stick him there, Ardie at 7 and start Sotutu, with Frizzell on the bench.

Good to see Coles starting. Bit of a card magnet, but if he arcs up at a few late hits from the Wallabies on the number 10, it might bring more attention from the referee on to what the Wallaby loosies are doing there.

Biggest selection issue is still the coach!
Captain Hurricane as usual you are a 100% on the money wish you were picking the team rather than an alcoholic.
User avatar
Olo
Posts: 6000
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: Lutra

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by Olo »

He’s been playing well. Neds a bit stronger, is excellent in the lineout and is very busy around the breakdown. The tards have been playing him at lock mostly and he is their best jumper.
Hope he goes well. The bloke copped a lot of crap when Cheka pulled him out of nowhere as a kid. I reckon he’s ready now and has a good amount of test experience under his belt. This could be his time to shine at the top level.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 12294
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by Mog The Almighty »

towny wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:26 am
Mog The Almighty wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:55 am
kiwigreg369 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:49 am Ned played well in a largely disappointing Tahs team.
I think a lot of Aussie posters have a problem with him becaues he is prettier than they are. And their girlfriend. Ned is a good player, he's fast to the breakdown, good in the lineouts, and players with a lot of heart and big motor. He is still a bit under-cooked, but I hope that he will get there under Rennie and I hope that he performs well and silences a few critics.
He was shit in 2016. Wasn’t ready. In 2020 he’s not shit. It’s a good call imo.
He's also a farmer from Coonamble with the most Australian name ever. Ned Hannigan. Evokes images of fronteir bush-rangers and old-timey Eureka Stockade era Aussieness. He's worth a few Wallaby caps just for that.

I'm nervous he's going to brick it and make me look stupid. Regardless of what happens it's still a justified selection with the information we have right now and the haters should cool their jets.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 12294
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Interesting statistic: In the first match, Australian second row Matt Phillip ran for three times as many meters as the entire All Black tight-five combined.

Australia also had more territory, possession, less handling errors, and forced the All Blacks to make almost twice as many tackles. Australia by all rights should have won that game. It was just the lack of a couple of crucial whistles and a 60m kick a few centimeteres to the right that denied them.

Unfortunatley for The Wallabies, we've seen how a wounded All Black side reacts time-and-time-again. I fear we will not get another chance like that and it's going to be a far harder game this weekend. There is no doubt the All Blacks can step up, the question is, can The Wallabies? Or is that the best they've got, thrown in with the element of surprise and an over-confident NZ team?

The questions will soon be answered! I'm pumped. Once again, I don't expect a victory, I simply hope for a gutsy, promising performance. But I like surprises.
User avatar
mr bungle
Posts: 12567
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by mr bungle »

I always go into a second test after a either a close loss of draw in the previous match fearing a loss. Invariably the opposition get skull f**ked. Not sure this time.
User avatar
MungoMan
Posts: 13366
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Coalfalls

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by MungoMan »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:49 am Ned played well in a largely disappointing Tahs team.
He did. And he played quite well in at least a few 'tahs game last year. In between, tho', he was disappointing in the 2019 NRC games I watched.

All that said, he's still just a kid really and I'm hoping there is a realistic chance of improvement.

NB I'm saying this as a Reds supporter who has whinged like buggery about his selection in Wobs teams in the past.
obelixtim
Posts: 6130
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by obelixtim »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:54 am Interesting statistic: In the first match, Australian second row Matt Phillip ran for three times as many meters as the entire All Black tight-five combined.

Australia also had more territory, possession, less handling errors, and forced the All Blacks to make almost twice as many tackles. Australia by all rights should have won that game. It was just the lack of a couple of crucial whistles and a 60m kick a few centimeteres to the right that denied them.

Unfortunatley for The Wallabies, we've seen how a wounded All Black side reacts time-and-time-again. I fear we will not get another chance like that and it's going to be a far harder game this weekend. There is no doubt the All Blacks can step up, the question is, can The Wallabies? Or is that the best they've got, thrown in with the element of surprise and an over-confident NZ team?

The questions will soon be answered! I'm pumped. Once again, I don't expect a victory, I simply hope for a gutsy, promising performance. But I like surprises.
I wouldn't write the Wobblies off at all. In fact, I have a feeling the game will be another close one. It would not surprise me to see the Wobs pull off a win. They should be confident after last Sunday, and I feel something is not right with the ABs.
obelixtim
Posts: 6130
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by obelixtim »

capt hurricane wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:28 am I think we will feel the loss of Whitelock, and Scott Barrett might be on the field sooner than he thinks. Vaai is still unproven at this level, and Tuipolotu is still prone to inconsistency. We miss Lurch!

The midfield lacks a strong ball runner. ALB and Goodhue are good at running the gaps, but do not commit defenders in the style of a Nonu or SBW. Could be an opportunity for Clarke to come in off the wing and cause havoc!

Mounga remains a concern. Barrett seems to have an age to make a decision, whereas Mounga seems rushed. He will need to be protected, either by the ref or by the loosies! Still not convinced he has the goods in a test match. The best 10 in the world has been shifted to fullback to accommodate him, the best fullback in NZ has been stuck on the wing to accommodate that. So many backline issues could be solved by benchint Mounga, then Beauden is where he needs to be, Jordie is where he needs to be, and get Will Jordan on the wing in 14!

Frizzell needs to step up, and Cane, although he is a great tackler, he is not the presence at the breakdown that he needs to be. He's a 7 playing like a 6, so why not stick him there, Ardie at 7 and start Sotutu, with Frizzell on the bench.

Good to see Coles starting. Bit of a card magnet, but if he arcs up at a few late hits from the Wallabies on the number 10, it might bring more attention from the referee on to what the Wallaby loosies are doing there.

Biggest selection issue is still the coach!
I think if the AB forwards get their shit together, unlike last Sunday, RMo will shine. He has struggled when the pack gets beaten up like they did against the Poms. So I don't blame him at all. BB would struggle in that situation as well.

RMo doesn't have any problems playing behind the Saders pack, because they rarely get beaten.

The AB pack was soft last Sunday.
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19815
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

Wow Vaai and Tuipulotu. Don't want to jump the gun but the Wobs are in with a chance here.
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19815
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

obelixtim wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:28 am
capt hurricane wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:28 am I think we will feel the loss of Whitelock, and Scott Barrett might be on the field sooner than he thinks. Vaai is still unproven at this level, and Tuipolotu is still prone to inconsistency. We miss Lurch!

The midfield lacks a strong ball runner. ALB and Goodhue are good at running the gaps, but do not commit defenders in the style of a Nonu or SBW. Could be an opportunity for Clarke to come in off the wing and cause havoc!

Mounga remains a concern. Barrett seems to have an age to make a decision, whereas Mounga seems rushed. He will need to be protected, either by the ref or by the loosies! Still not convinced he has the goods in a test match. The best 10 in the world has been shifted to fullback to accommodate him, the best fullback in NZ has been stuck on the wing to accommodate that. So many backline issues could be solved by benchint Mounga, then Beauden is where he needs to be, Jordie is where he needs to be, and get Will Jordan on the wing in 14!

Frizzell needs to step up, and Cane, although he is a great tackler, he is not the presence at the breakdown that he needs to be. He's a 7 playing like a 6, so why not stick him there, Ardie at 7 and start Sotutu, with Frizzell on the bench.

Good to see Coles starting. Bit of a card magnet, but if he arcs up at a few late hits from the Wallabies on the number 10, it might bring more attention from the referee on to what the Wallaby loosies are doing there.

Biggest selection issue is still the coach!
I think if the AB forwards get their shit together, unlike last Sunday, RMo will shine. He has struggled when the pack gets beaten up like they did against the Poms. So I don't blame him at all. BB would struggle in that situation as well.

RMo doesn't have any problems playing behind the Saders pack, because they rarely get beaten.

The AB pack was soft last Sunday.
A guy like RMo needs a bosher like Laumape outside him. He didn't need it at the Saders but that's due to thrm just being head and shoulders above the rest.
User avatar
guy smiley
Posts: 32994
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: in transit

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by guy smiley »

Rubbish...

Like all 1st 5s he needs his pack working hard in front of him and the AB pack have been playing like millionaire playboys more and more over the last few years.

The Wallabies and their supporters should be feeling confident going into this game. The ABs are well and truly on the wane and it’ll be a few years before they are back up and performing in the way the hype merchants would have us believe is their birthright. The rot has been apparent since before the 2015 RWC and nothing in the organisation indicates any meaningful cultural shift is underway to counter it. Foster will continue the vibe driven approach to coaching the game he and Hansen employed together and serious coaches will defeat that through simple application of the basics... hard work and aggression.
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19815
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

guy smiley wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:16 am Rubbish...

Like all 1st 5s he needs his pack working hard in front of him and the AB pack have been playing like millionaire playboys more and more over the last few years.

The Wallabies and their supporters should be feeling confident going into this game. The ABs are well and truly on the wane and it’ll be a few years before they are back up and performing in the way the hype merchants would have us believe is their birthright. The rot has been apparent since before the 2015 RWC and nothing in the organisation indicates any meaningful cultural shift is underway to counter it. Foster will continue the vibe driven approach to coaching the game he and Hansen employed together and serious coaches will defeat that through simple application of the basics... hard work and aggression.
Agree. Wallabies still $5.50 though.
User avatar
mr bungle
Posts: 12567
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by mr bungle »

CrazyIslander wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:41 am Wow Vaai and Tuipulotu. Don't want to jump the gun but the Wobs are in with a chance here.
Tuipulotu has really blossomed. Don’t know much about the greenhorn, but he’s definitely a player to attack.
towny
Posts: 18779
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by towny »

guy smiley wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:16 am Rubbish...

Like all 1st 5s he needs his pack working hard in front of him and the AB pack have been playing like millionaire playboys more and more over the last few years.

The Wallabies and their supporters should be feeling confident going into this game. The ABs are well and truly on the wane and it’ll be a few years before they are back up and performing in the way the hype merchants would have us believe is their birthright. The rot has been apparent since before the 2015 RWC and nothing in the organisation indicates any meaningful cultural shift is underway to counter it. Foster will continue the vibe driven approach to coaching the game he and Hansen employed together and serious coaches will defeat that through simple application of the basics... hard work and aggression.
Oh, f*ck you Smiley. It’s not any fun for us if you’re going to go down this road. Don’t be a jerk.
towny
Posts: 18779
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by towny »

How good is this?!! 👍

Kiwis are nervous. Big crowd will be tense af! Going to be BiG!
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20109
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by shanky »

towny wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:09 pm
guy smiley wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:16 am Rubbish...

Like all 1st 5s he needs his pack working hard in front of him and the AB pack have been playing like millionaire playboys more and more over the last few years.

The Wallabies and their supporters should be feeling confident going into this game. The ABs are well and truly on the wane and it’ll be a few years before they are back up and performing in the way the hype merchants would have us believe is their birthright. The rot has been apparent since before the 2015 RWC and nothing in the organisation indicates any meaningful cultural shift is underway to counter it. Foster will continue the vibe driven approach to coaching the game he and Hansen employed together and serious coaches will defeat that through simple application of the basics... hard work and aggression.
Oh, f*ck you Smiley. It’s not any fun for us if you’re going to go down this road. Don’t be a jerk.
Maybe he's finally turned...

come over to the dark side, gone native... stopped worrying and learned to love da bomb

I mean, it's possible, right?
User avatar
Mr Mike
Posts: 10982
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Texas

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by Mr Mike »

Image
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20109
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by shanky »

:lol:
User avatar
Mr Mike
Posts: 10982
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Texas

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by Mr Mike »

I am buzzing. This feels like the early 90s again. Proper Bledisloe stuff.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20109
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by shanky »

Mr Mike wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:19 pm I am buzzing. This feels like the early 90s again. Proper Bledisloe stuff.

woot woot!

I know I'm biased, but I genuinely hope we win this weekend. The newspapers here have actually been carrying stories about the sport again, people are getting their hopes up, Dads have been digging out the bunting, mums baking Anzac biscuits, mungoes have been paying attention again

:thumbup:
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 19815
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by CrazyIslander »

No Retalick this time. He's always turned it on at Eden Park on the return match.
User avatar
Mr Mike
Posts: 10982
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Texas

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by Mr Mike »

shanky wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:26 pm
Mr Mike wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:19 pm I am buzzing. This feels like the early 90s again. Proper Bledisloe stuff.

woot woot!

I know I'm biased, but I genuinely hope we win this weekend. The newspapers here have actually been carrying stories about the sport again, people are getting their hopes up, Dads have been digging out the bunting, mums baking Anzac biscuits, mungoes have been paying attention again

:thumbup:
I’m more inclined to hope you win game three (and of course lose four) but pumping some life back into the Cup would be welcome in any event.
User avatar
Mr Mike
Posts: 10982
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Texas

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by Mr Mike »

CrazyIslander wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:27 pm No Retalick this time. He's always turned it on at Eden Park on the return match.
True, I reckon that’s worth 35 points.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20109
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by shanky »

Mr Mike wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:30 pm
shanky wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:26 pm
Mr Mike wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:19 pm I am buzzing. This feels like the early 90s again. Proper Bledisloe stuff.

woot woot!

I know I'm biased, but I genuinely hope we win this weekend. The newspapers here have actually been carrying stories about the sport again, people are getting their hopes up, Dads have been digging out the bunting, mums baking Anzac biscuits, mungoes have been paying attention again

:thumbup:
I’m more inclined to hope you win game three (and of course lose four) but pumping some life back into the Cup would be welcome in any event.

Nope, it has to be this way.

Tough love etc
User avatar
Bindi
Posts: 7293
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Plum

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by Bindi »

The average AB winning margin against Australia at Eden Pk is something like 25 over the past decade.

So I'm predicting a 25 point win to the ABs.
User avatar
guy smiley
Posts: 32994
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: in transit

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by guy smiley »

shanky wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:16 pm
towny wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:09 pm
guy smiley wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:16 am Rubbish...

Like all 1st 5s he needs his pack working hard in front of him and the AB pack have been playing like millionaire playboys more and more over the last few years.

The Wallabies and their supporters should be feeling confident going into this game. The ABs are well and truly on the wane and it’ll be a few years before they are back up and performing in the way the hype merchants would have us believe is their birthright. The rot has been apparent since before the 2015 RWC and nothing in the organisation indicates any meaningful cultural shift is underway to counter it. Foster will continue the vibe driven approach to coaching the game he and Hansen employed together and serious coaches will defeat that through simple application of the basics... hard work and aggression.
Oh, f*ck you Smiley. It’s not any fun for us if you’re going to go down this road. Don’t be a jerk.
Maybe he's finally turned...

come over to the dark side, gone native... stopped worrying and learned to love da bomb

I mean, it's possible, right?
The ABs are screwed and will be for years. The neutral punter will be interested to see how long it will take for Rennie to wrest the crown of most successful Wallaby coach of the last decade from Robbie Deans’ grasp.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20109
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by shanky »

Bindi wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:41 pm The average AB winning margin against Australia at Eden Pk is something like 25 over the past decade.

So I'm predicting a 25 point win to the ABs.
You're a clever bloke, I can tell that.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 12294
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by Mog The Almighty »

This is neither here nor there, but I think I've posted this image on every Australian rugby match thread for the past decade so I don't want to break tradition.

The point, if you missed it the first 800 times, is that we're not only a sporting nation, but our birds are hotter than yours too.

Image
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20109
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by shanky »

guy smiley wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:42 pm
shanky wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:16 pm
towny wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:09 pm
guy smiley wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:16 am Rubbish...

Like all 1st 5s he needs his pack working hard in front of him and the AB pack have been playing like millionaire playboys more and more over the last few years.

The Wallabies and their supporters should be feeling confident going into this game. The ABs are well and truly on the wane and it’ll be a few years before they are back up and performing in the way the hype merchants would have us believe is their birthright. The rot has been apparent since before the 2015 RWC and nothing in the organisation indicates any meaningful cultural shift is underway to counter it. Foster will continue the vibe driven approach to coaching the game he and Hansen employed together and serious coaches will defeat that through simple application of the basics... hard work and aggression.
Oh, f*ck you Smiley. It’s not any fun for us if you’re going to go down this road. Don’t be a jerk.
Maybe he's finally turned...

come over to the dark side, gone native... stopped worrying and learned to love da bomb

I mean, it's possible, right?
The ABs are screwed and will be for years. The neutral punter will be interested to see how long it will take for Rennie to wrest the crown of most successful Wallaby coach of the last decade from Robbie Deans’ grasp.
You're on a Road to Nowhere with that line of argument
User avatar
Bindi
Posts: 7293
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Plum

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by Bindi »

shanky wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:43 pm
Bindi wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:41 pm The average AB winning margin against Australia at Eden Pk is something like 25 over the past decade.

So I'm predicting a 25 point win to the ABs.
You're a clever bloke, I can tell that.
I used a long and complex Excel spreadsheet for that.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 20109
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by shanky »

Bindi wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:44 pm
shanky wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:43 pm
Bindi wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:41 pm The average AB winning margin against Australia at Eden Pk is something like 25 over the past decade.

So I'm predicting a 25 point win to the ABs.
You're a clever bloke, I can tell that.
I used a long and complex Excel spreadsheet for that.
Monte Carlo?
User avatar
guy smiley
Posts: 32994
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: in transit

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by guy smiley »

shanky wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:44 pm
guy smiley wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:42 pm
shanky wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:16 pm
towny wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:09 pm
guy smiley wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:16 am Rubbish...

Like all 1st 5s he needs his pack working hard in front of him and the AB pack have been playing like millionaire playboys more and more over the last few years.

The Wallabies and their supporters should be feeling confident going into this game. The ABs are well and truly on the wane and it’ll be a few years before they are back up and performing in the way the hype merchants would have us believe is their birthright. The rot has been apparent since before the 2015 RWC and nothing in the organisation indicates any meaningful cultural shift is underway to counter it. Foster will continue the vibe driven approach to coaching the game he and Hansen employed together and serious coaches will defeat that through simple application of the basics... hard work and aggression.
Oh, f*ck you Smiley. It’s not any fun for us if you’re going to go down this road. Don’t be a jerk.
Maybe he's finally turned...

come over to the dark side, gone native... stopped worrying and learned to love da bomb

I mean, it's possible, right?
The ABs are screwed and will be for years. The neutral punter will be interested to see how long it will take for Rennie to wrest the crown of most successful Wallaby coach of the last decade from Robbie Deans’ grasp.
You're on a Road to Nowhere with that line of argument
I zimbra.
User avatar
Bindi
Posts: 7293
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Plum

Re: Wallabies v All-Blacks - Bledisloe II - Official Match Thread

Post by Bindi »

shanky wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:46 pm
Bindi wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:44 pm
shanky wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:43 pm
Bindi wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:41 pm The average AB winning margin against Australia at Eden Pk is something like 25 over the past decade.

So I'm predicting a 25 point win to the ABs.
You're a clever bloke, I can tell that.
I used a long and complex Excel spreadsheet for that.
Monte Carlo?
Seasonal autoregressive integrated moving average model. It's netted me millions on the stock market too.
Post Reply