Exeter

All things Rugby
User avatar
message #2527204
Posts: 11711
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Ultracrepidaria

Exeter

Post by message #2527204 »

Congrats Chiefs. That's all
iarmhiman
Posts: 40165
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Exeter

Post by iarmhiman »

Have to echo that.

Welcome to the table
User avatar
HighKingLeinster
Posts: 21582
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:58 am

Re: Exeter

Post by HighKingLeinster »

well done! Great to see a team/club like that win it rather than new money French or Sarries cheats/mercs
User avatar
Floppykid
Posts: 30141
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: SOB>Todd

Re: Exeter

Post by Floppykid »

Well done Exeter, great club.
User avatar
Winnie
Posts: 15822
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm

Re: Exeter

Post by Winnie »

Congrats Exeter delighted that you won
ZuLu
Posts: 966
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Exeter

Post by ZuLu »

A proper victory too, no asterisk next to it
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 29731
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Exeter

Post by eldanielfire »

Congratulations to Exeter. Well deserved. Wonderful club who do it the right way. Can't not admire them enough.

Exeter in some ways had a few of their most shaky moments today, that gave Racing some easy attack, but they were ice cold in the last 10-12 minutes in defense, even down to 10 men. It was a real edge of the seat 2nd half. Both sides played their part, Racing will think they could ahve won that. Exeter with the fitness and mental strength edged them through.
Mick Mannock
Posts: 23263
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Exeter

Post by Mick Mannock »

Ten?
User avatar
HighKingLeinster
Posts: 21582
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:58 am

Re: Exeter

Post by HighKingLeinster »

eldanielfire wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:45 pm Congratulations to Exeter. Well deserved. Wonderful club who do it the right way. Can't not admire them enough.

Exeter in some ways had a few of their most shaky moments today, that gave Racing some easy attack, but they were ice cold in the last 10-12 minutes in defense, even down to 10 men. It was a real edge of the seat 2nd half. Both sides played their part, Racing will think they could ahve won that. Exeter with the fitness and mental strength edged them through.
Back to F365 with you
User avatar
HighKingLeinster
Posts: 21582
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:58 am

Re: Exeter

Post by HighKingLeinster »

Mick Mannock wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:46 pm Ten?
thought you flounced like a big sandy vagina a few weeks ago?
franch fan
Posts: 2137
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Exeter

Post by franch fan »

eldanielfire wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:45 pm Congratulations to Exeter. Well deserved. Wonderful club who do it the right way. Can't not admire them enough.

Exeter in some ways had a few of their most shaky moments today, that gave Racing some easy attack, but they were ice cold in the last 10-12 minutes in defense, even down to 10 men. It was a real edge of the seat 2nd half. Both sides played their part, Racing will think they could ahve won that. Exeter with the fitness and mental strength edged them through.
Great sum up.
Racing the most dangerous side with ball in hand but Exeter the most resilient (what a defense on Racing last attack) and ruthless.
Deserved title basing on the season and happy for Baxter and Nowell
iarmhiman
Posts: 40165
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Exeter

Post by iarmhiman »

HighKingLeinster wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:48 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:45 pm Congratulations to Exeter. Well deserved. Wonderful club who do it the right way. Can't not admire them enough.

Exeter in some ways had a few of their most shaky moments today, that gave Racing some easy attack, but they were ice cold in the last 10-12 minutes in defense, even down to 10 men. It was a real edge of the seat 2nd half. Both sides played their part, Racing will think they could ahve won that. Exeter with the fitness and mental strength edged them through.
Back to F365 with you
Yep. x(
User avatar
message #2527204
Posts: 11711
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Ultracrepidaria

Re: Exeter

Post by message #2527204 »

Are we going to blame it on Russell? Wasn't his fault Maginot through it over his head but he'd decided the play and was going for it whatever came at him... not good.

I also thought Nige went a bit wayne barnes towards the end there.
Last edited by message #2527204 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varsity Way
Posts: 1231
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 3:50 pm

Re: Exeter

Post by Varsity Way »

That was a great match. Congrats Exe. I thought they would wilt with a man in the bin for the last 10. It was their time.
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 29731
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Exeter

Post by eldanielfire »

Mick Mannock wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:46 pm Ten?
I was thinking like 10 minutes :lol:
User avatar
danny_fitz
Posts: 12040
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Mostly London........Mostly

Re: Exeter

Post by danny_fitz »

Delighted for them. Great club and great fans.
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 9511
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Exeter

Post by Leinsterman »

HighKingLeinster wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:49 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:46 pm Ten?
thought you flounced like a big sandy vagina a few weeks ago?
Ah he's "just nipped in", probably from biting his lip and lurking for the last week or two.
It's a pretty pathetic flounce.

Anyway, fair play to Exeter.
franch fan
Posts: 2137
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Exeter

Post by franch fan »

message #2527204 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:53 pm Are we going to blame it on Russell? Wasn't his fault Maginot through it over his head but he'd decided the play and was going for it whatever came at him... not good.
I'd blame it more on racing shitouses 9.
You put Dupont on this racing team and they probably win it in a canter.
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 29731
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Exeter

Post by eldanielfire »

franch fan wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:50 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:45 pm Congratulations to Exeter. Well deserved. Wonderful club who do it the right way. Can't not admire them enough.

Exeter in some ways had a few of their most shaky moments today, that gave Racing some easy attack, but they were ice cold in the last 10-12 minutes in defense, even down to 10 men. It was a real edge of the seat 2nd half. Both sides played their part, Racing will think they could ahve won that. Exeter with the fitness and mental strength edged them through.
Great sum up.
Racing the most dangerous side with ball in hand but Exeter the most resilient (what a defense on Racing last attack) and ruthless.
Deserved title basing on the season and happy for Baxter and Nowell
Yeah, also players like Gareth Steenson who started out for Exeter in the Championship and ends his playing career European Champions.
Mick Mannock
Posts: 23263
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Exeter

Post by Mick Mannock »

HighKingLeinster wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:49 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:46 pm Ten?
thought you flounced like a big sandy vagina a few weeks ago?
I said I would leave the sociopaths, and smearing liars to their anti-Trump obsessions. so long as I avoid the political threads, this place is mostly OK.

I did over react a bit, but the posts on my leaving thread illustrated that a break from the weirdos was a good decision.
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 29731
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Exeter

Post by eldanielfire »

:lol:
franch fan
Posts: 2137
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Exeter

Post by franch fan »

Varsity Way wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:53 pm That was a great match. Congrats Exe. I thought they would wilt with a man in the bin for the last 10. It was their time.
Have to say they were lucky that penalty happened very near the touch or else, racing would have gone for the kick and probably nailed it.
Btw where both team tries were scored had also a big impact on the final score with Exeter scoring their tries near the midfield while almost all racing tries being scored near the touchline which made the conversions very hard
Raison D'etre
Posts: 841
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:28 am

Re: Exeter

Post by Raison D'etre »

Congrats Exeter - fully deserved and an inspiration to one time small clubs everywhere. Commiserations to Racing - so near yet not over the line for the 3rd time - that's tough.
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 29731
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Exeter

Post by eldanielfire »

franch fan wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:58 pm
Varsity Way wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:53 pm That was a great match. Congrats Exe. I thought they would wilt with a man in the bin for the last 10. It was their time.
Have to say they were lucky that penalty happened very near the touch or else, racing would have gone for the kick and probably nailed it.
Btw where both team tries were scored had also a big impact on the final score with Exeter scoring their tries near the midfield while almost all racing tries being scored near the touchline which made the conversions very hard
I'd call that an element of good fortune. After all it was a pass from Racing into no one. Could have gone to anyone. But Exeter's defense afterwards took it away from being just luck.
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 9511
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Exeter

Post by Leinsterman »

Mick Mannock wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:55 pm
HighKingLeinster wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:49 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:46 pm Ten?
thought you flounced like a big sandy vagina a few weeks ago?
I said I would leave the sociopaths, and smearing liars to their anti-Trump obsessions. so long as I avoid the political threads, this place is mostly OK.

I did over react a bit, but the posts on my leaving thread illustrated that a break from the weirdos was a good decision.
Yeah the problem is everyone else :lol:
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 29731
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Exeter

Post by eldanielfire »

Quick question, Exeter are first time European winners since?
User avatar
message #2527204
Posts: 11711
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Ultracrepidaria

Re: Exeter

Post by message #2527204 »

franch fan wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:58 pm
Varsity Way wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:53 pm That was a great match. Congrats Exe. I thought they would wilt with a man in the bin for the last 10. It was their time.
Have to say they were lucky that penalty happened very near the touch or else, racing would have gone for the kick and probably nailed it.
Btw where both team tries were scored had also a big impact on the final score with Exeter scoring their tries near the midfield while almost all racing tries being scored near the touchline which made the conversions very hard
That's not luck though, that's part of the game.
User avatar
YOYO
Posts: 17282
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm

Re: Exeter

Post by YOYO »

Congrats Exeter. They do seem a wholesome club so in that regard happy for them.
User avatar
message #2527204
Posts: 11711
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Ultracrepidaria

Re: Exeter

Post by message #2527204 »

eldanielfire wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:00 pm Quick question, Exeter are first time European winners since?
Since the Irish had to qualify and Sarries got found out.
User avatar
MrDominator
Posts: 4265
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:14 am

Re: Exeter

Post by MrDominator »

Well done, Exeter.

Shame that not a single Exeter player or coach interviewed after the game had a word for Racing - but that, sadly, is par for the course for English teams.
franch fan
Posts: 2137
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Exeter

Post by franch fan »

message #2527204 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:01 pm
franch fan wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:58 pm
Varsity Way wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:53 pm That was a great match. Congrats Exe. I thought they would wilt with a man in the bin for the last 10. It was their time.
Have to say they were lucky that penalty happened very near the touch or else, racing would have gone for the kick and probably nailed it.
Btw where both team tries were scored had also a big impact on the final score with Exeter scoring their tries near the midfield while almost all racing tries being scored near the touchline which made the conversions very hard
That's not luck though, that's part of the game.
Don't play that game with me,you perfectly know there are things which rely on luck more than others.
iarmhiman
Posts: 40165
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Exeter

Post by iarmhiman »

MrDominator wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:04 pm Well done, Exeter.

Shame that not a single Exeter player or coach interviewed after the game had a word for Racing - but that, sadly, is par for the course for English teams.
Was that supposed to be from another login?
Last edited by iarmhiman on Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Winnie
Posts: 15822
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm

Re: Exeter

Post by Winnie »

MrDominator wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:04 pm Well done, Exeter.

Shame that not a single Exeter player or coach interviewed after the game had a word for Racing - but that, sadly, is par for the course for English teams.
Wrong login DD
User avatar
MrDominator
Posts: 4265
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:14 am

Re: Exeter

Post by MrDominator »

Correct login, chaps.

I've mentioned it before on here.

True Englishmen commiserate the vanquished.
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 29731
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Exeter

Post by eldanielfire »

MrDominator wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:08 pm Correct login, chaps.

I've mentioned it before on here.

True Englishmen commiserate the vanquished.
Whose to say they didn't off camera?
User avatar
Winnie
Posts: 15822
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm

Re: Exeter

Post by Winnie »

MrDominator wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:08 pm Correct login, chaps.

I've mentioned it before on here.

True Englishmen commiserate the vanquished.
Nice recovery from your fu.ck up DD
User avatar
MrDominator
Posts: 4265
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:14 am

Re: Exeter

Post by MrDominator »

eldanielfire wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
MrDominator wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:08 pm Correct login, chaps.

I've mentioned it before on here.

True Englishmen commiserate the vanquished.
Whose to say they didn't off camera?
Needs to be on camera, old fruit.

Etiquette is key in the public eye.

The Saffers and Kiwis are much better for post-match rugger etiquette. Sad but true.
User avatar
Wendigo7
Posts: 12411
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Exeter

Post by Wendigo7 »

franch fan wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:50 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:45 pm Congratulations to Exeter. Well deserved. Wonderful club who do it the right way. Can't not admire them enough.

Exeter in some ways had a few of their most shaky moments today, that gave Racing some easy attack, but they were ice cold in the last 10-12 minutes in defense, even down to 10 men. It was a real edge of the seat 2nd half. Both sides played their part, Racing will think they could ahve won that. Exeter with the fitness and mental strength edged them through.
Great sum up.
Racing the most dangerous side with ball in hand but Exeter the most resilient (what a defense on Racing last attack) and ruthless.
Deserved title basing on the season and happy for Baxter and Nowell
Racing were outstanding today.

Both sets of props were excellent, especially around the ruck.
User avatar
MrDominator
Posts: 4265
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:14 am

Re: Exeter

Post by MrDominator »

Wendigo7 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:14 pm
franch fan wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:50 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:45 pm Congratulations to Exeter. Well deserved. Wonderful club who do it the right way. Can't not admire them enough.

Exeter in some ways had a few of their most shaky moments today, that gave Racing some easy attack, but they were ice cold in the last 10-12 minutes in defense, even down to 10 men. It was a real edge of the seat 2nd half. Both sides played their part, Racing will think they could ahve won that. Exeter with the fitness and mental strength edged them through.
Great sum up.
Racing the most dangerous side with ball in hand but Exeter the most resilient (what a defense on Racing last attack) and ruthless.
Deserved title basing on the season and happy for Baxter and Nowell
Racing were outstanding today.

Both sets of props were excellent, especially around the ruck.
Racing were wonderful.

An ounce of English sang froid and they'd have won that at a canter.
User avatar
message #2527204
Posts: 11711
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Ultracrepidaria

Re: Exeter

Post by message #2527204 »

MrDominator wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:11 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
MrDominator wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:08 pm Correct login, chaps.

I've mentioned it before on here.

True Englishmen commiserate the vanquished.
Whose to say they didn't off camera?
Needs to be on camera, old fruit.

Etiquette is key in the public eye.

The Saffers and Kiwis are much better for post-match rugger etiquette. Sad but true.
That's because they're insincere
Post Reply