Love this Old School Rugby sa is playing now

All things Rugby
ZuluBoy

Love this Old School Rugby sa is playing now

Post by ZuluBoy »

I enjoy our local rugby during this covid pandemic so much. There were too much rugby before. Await the B+I Lions tour with eager. Springboks will be an unknown as they haven't played for 20 months! While they used to play some countries twice a year. Back to tours the best. Like Old School Rugby. The Currie Cup with Springboks playing. The strength vs strength. The titanic 2 pointer win of the Cheetahs over the Bulls last night. The tight defence.
The overseas stars bought and brought back by Ruperts billions. Rupert & Rothchilds billions giving Jake White the blanko cheque. To see a Cheetah backline again with 2 Springboks and a blitzbok against the best money can buy and take it. The titanic struggle upfront by not so conditioned professional teams as yet but rather sleepwalking out of covid.
It's like those half amateur days again. Love it!
towny

Re: Love this Old School Rugby sa is playing now

Post by towny »

Lions 2021 tour..... 👍
ZuluBoy

Post by ZuluBoy »

https://www.springboks.rugby/en/article ... r-schedule

Only dissapointment is the B+I Lions not playing the sa Lions.
I feel they could have included 2 more games perhaps a warmup against a Varsity Cup xv and perhaps a sa country centred around Griquas in Kimberley but coached by one of sa's best coaches Jimmy Stonehouse
towny

Post by towny »

ZuluBoy wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:39 pm https://www.springboks.rugby/en/article ... r-schedule

Only dissapointment is the B+I Lions not playing the sa Lions.
I feel they could have included 2 more games perhaps a warmup against a Varsity Cup xv and perhaps a sa country centred around Griquas in Kimberley but coached by one of sa's best coaches Jimmy Stonehouse
You’re drunk if you think the B&I Lions are playing anyone in 2021.
Salient

Post by Salient »

Towny would like to see some old school Saffa rugger, but the buggers are hiding behind their sofas rather then face Kiwi and Aussie firepower :nod:
ZuluBoy

Post by ZuluBoy »

Give us a break in a covid19 world and let us enjoy our Currie Cup.
Will compete in next year's RCs
We will watch you lot from our sofas and still make money out of it in a stroke of genius
booze

Post by booze »

ZuluBoy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:54 am Give us a break in a covid19 world and let us enjoy our Currie Cup.
Will compete in next year's RCs
We will watch you lot from our sofas and still make money out of it in a stroke of genius
No you won’t. You have cost the other unions money. Including your own. Once the Likns pull out of next year. The SARU will probably be facing bankruptcy.
ZuluBoy

Post by ZuluBoy »

No we brought the other unions and our own money in by the selling of the broadcasting rights of the 2020 Rugby Championship to dstv in sa
We getting a huge slice although we not playing thanks to mr Roux of saru's negotiations and contract with dstv on the RCs
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

Who's multi is this zuluboy plum
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Saffer rugby

ZuluBoy

Post by ZuluBoy »

towny wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:25 pm Lions 2021 tour..... 👍
Over 48 countries lifted from the international travel ban this morning also sports people
Lions can tour now
Midfieldmaestro

Post by Midfieldmaestro »

Wonder which team will make the expanded 8 team Currie Cup next year?
the team must win the pre qualifier of 14 teams
Leopards with a Varsity Cup team as base a strong contender
ZuluBoy

Post by ZuluBoy »

Midfieldmaestro wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:41 pm Wonder which team will make the expanded 8 team Currie Cup next year?
the team must win the pre qualifier of 14 teams
Leopards with a Varsity Cup team as base a strong contender
It can be from Sharks xv, Bulls xv, Lions xv, Cheetahs xv and Western Province. These are the top dog's B Teams that plays in the Rugby Challenge. They'l fight it out with the rest
Monk Zombie

Post by Monk Zombie »

Today's lions cheetahs fixture abandoned due to so many players testing positive for the virus
ZuluBoy

Post by ZuluBoy »

Its better for the players safety. Lions 4 players early the week and now 2 coaching and assistant staff. They can reschedule it for a midweek later in the competition.
Midfieldmaestro

With a Bulls xv etc. if such a team makes the Currie Cup it is a possibility that it can beat the Bulls Currie Cup side. I doubt it will happen though as I think the Leopards will win the pre tournament.
Leopatds have played in the Currie Cup before
They are a better team or uaed to be than the Kings who played internationally
They have a broad base of clubs and a Varsity Cup
They would have done well comparing to the lowest ranking nz/oz/jap teams in super rugby sa used to compete in and will make the Currie Cup stronger comparing to Super Rugby
They are already a pro outfit
ZuluBoy

Post by ZuluBoy »

Seeing where we heading this year I look forward to next year's. 8 teams and the pre tournament to win to be the eigth team.
ZuluBoy

Post by ZuluBoy »

What's Great of this Back to Old School Rugby is when last did you see the Stormers rock up with 6 WC Springbok stars and got smacked by 30 points before HT by the Steval Pumas who never before had a chance to play against springbok players due to only the 4 teams allowed in the then Super Rugby and the springboks played in there and no rele/promo or chances to the Pumas in Super Rugby
So you had the Springboks in what became a watered down thing and the likes of the Pumas were never really weighed and therefore not seen by selectors until now.
SFBB

Post by SFBB »

Do these Saffer teams intend on defending at any stage, or is it three phases and you score?
ZuluBoy

Post by ZuluBoy »

I think the Stormers and their WC springboks defense which were the best in the world became a bit rusted during covid.
Considering they had one of the best coaches in SA up against them that can decipher defensive patterns like a cup of coffee in the mornings.
Jimmy Stonehouse of the Steval Pumas one of the best and the recognition wouldn't have been there if he hadn't play against springboks
His attacking specially in midfield and his loosetrio specially his nr8 were much better than the opposition
ZuluBoy

Post by ZuluBoy »

An eye opener for Rassie and Jaque (new Springbok coach) on how Jimmy (Puma coach) shred defenses
They did defend like demons second half to their credit and won the game at final whistle after a debatable forward pass
Midfieldmaestro

Stormers found the Pumas unaccustomed
ZuluBoy

Post by ZuluBoy »

The build-up this week. Its like Old School Rugby. Same feeling for this weekend with Stormers coming to take on Jake White's new found Bulls.
Last edited by ZuluBoy on Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZuluBoy

Post by ZuluBoy »

Midfieldmaestro

there is a lion on there
ZuluBoy

Post by ZuluBoy »

Want to plan my day like in the old days around Bulls and Stormers on Saturday like in test rugby and when they used to play and sa was not allowed any test rugby.
Such is the vibe
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

ZuluBoy wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:49 am Want to plan my day like in the old days around Bulls and Stormers on Saturday like in test rugby and when they used to play and sa was not allowed any test rugby.
Such is the vibe
:lol:
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

ZuluBoy wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:32 am The build-up this week. Its like Old School Rugby. The Northern Transvaal Western Province Currie Cup clashes in isolation. Test rugby for us. Same feeiing for this weekend with Stormers coming to take on Jake White's new found Bulls.
Would never be like this if the Springboks weren't playing
You must be the biggest idiot on this forum, and that is a special achievement
Average Joe

Post by Average Joe »

Now, now nipper, don't be nasty. Not all of us could afford to go to Uni. Diversity is a good thing.
Midfieldmaestro

Big Nipper wanted to go to RCs against scientific facts and now has his knife in for Zulu enjoying local rugby.
Zulu go on doing your good rounds here
agree with you Stormers Bulls is like a test
ZuluBoy

Post by ZuluBoy »

The game lived up to those old tests between the two. Bulls dominated upfront and Jake White's coaching the diffs. Would love to see this Bulls vs. B + I Lions as i think Jake is building a monster team.