Untrustworthy Saffas slink away from RC

All things Rugby
Ali's Choice

Re: Untrustworthy Saffas slink away from RC

Post by Ali's Choice »

Remember when the South African posters on this forum trolled AB fans because NZR wanted to adjust the draw so their players could be home by Christmas? South African posters mocked us, and demanded that the AB's "harden up". They ridiculed NZR for trying to change a draw that had supposedly been agreed to and gleefully pointed to minutes from SANZAAR meetings as evidence that NZR had agreed to the draw.

That seems like ages ago now.
the curse

Post by the curse »

they couldnt beat us at the world cup and now they know they cant beat us in the 100th test between the two nations, hence the cop out.

I always though that cowboys didnt cry, but I guess I was wrong :lol: :lol:
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

the curse wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:50 am they couldnt beat us at the world cup and now they know they cant beat us in the 100th test between the two nations, hence the cop out.

I always though that cowboys didnt cry, but I guess I was wrong :lol: :lol:
Too many proud.
ZuluBoy

Post by ZuluBoy »

JB1981 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:17 am
ZuluBoy wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:05 am Y article is from yr 2000 s
What are your thoughts on the naming of Super Rugby Unblocked? You took great offence at Super Rugby being used in the naming of NZ’s competition and now South Africa have gone with what could be argued to be the most confrontational name.
The name is ok as it has commercial value and commercial agreements. Sponsors with Super Rugby commitments stayed, e.g. Emerates the Saudi airliner sponsor the sa Lions. They stayed commited due to the Super Rugby name attached to the competition.
Last edited by ZuluBoy on Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZuluBoy

Post by ZuluBoy »

After six games of Super Rugby Unblocked the points are carried over to the next competition the Currie Cup which has a semi final and final whereas the Super Rugby Unblocked is won by the team with the most points. It is the name as said Super Rugby that keeps the sponsors of the old Super Rugby of 18 teams aboard. The Emirates airlines, Vodacom , Cell C etc.
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

ZuluBoy wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:54 am After six games of Super Rugby Unblocked the points are carried over to the next competition the Currie Cup which has a semi final and final whereas the Super Rugby Unblocked is won by the team with the most points. It is the name as said Super Rugby that keeps the sponsors of the old Super Rugby of 18 teams aboard. The Emirates airlines, Vodacom , Cell C etc.
Great, it sounds like you now understand why Super Rugby Aotearoa may have been used rather than feeling that a different name should have been chosen as you stated at the time.
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

ZuluBoy wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:48 am
What are your thoughts on the naming of Super Rugby Unblocked? You took great offence at Super Rugby being used in the naming of NZ’s competition and now South Africa have gone with what could be argued to be the most confrontational name.
The name is ok as it has commercial value and commercial agreements. Sponsors with Super Rugby commitments stayed, e.g. Emerates the Saudi airliner sponsor the sa Lions. They stayed commited due to the Super Rugby name attached to the competition.
Stupid sounding name. ‘Unlocked’.
Whatever

Post by Whatever »

mr bungle wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:11 am
ZuluBoy wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:48 am
Stupid sounding name. ‘Unlocked’.
I've seen how spicy the South African derbies get, so I would suggest "Unhinged" as a better description.
ZuluBoy

Post by ZuluBoy »

I am enjoying the spicy derbies aswell and opened a new threat on it called I love this Old Schools Rugby as I realise now I grew tired of playing the same countries twice a year. I said nothing bad on the name Super Rugby Aotearoa, JB1981 to prove me wrong, maybe it was some other poster. Bring back Tours
Last edited by ZuluBoy on Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
grievous

Post by grievous »

Zakar wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:13 am I look forward to the Saffas exciting new annual tournament with Namibia, Zimbabwe and Burkina Faso.
If they developed their region like they should of years ago this may of been a closer opportunity.
Instead they get hard by thrashing Namibia annually by 100 points.
ZuluBoy

Post by ZuluBoy »

Nobody was stopping the ABs to put 100 points on Namibia in the 2019 WC instead of 63 points
Namibia have always played in SA's competitions although they have hardly more than a hundred players to pick from

Namibia at the 2015 WC
https://youtu.be/-nuRKSqSIfE
Last edited by ZuluBoy on Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Imagine having so many pride that you can’t see the hunk of four by two whacking you between the eyes every five minutes.
ZuluBoy

Post by ZuluBoy »

springboks don't play Namibia annually so there are no thruth in Grievous's comment of they get hard by thrashing Namib with a 100 points but something must have triggered him to say such nonsense
Namibia get a shot to compete in the Currie Cup in a pre tournament of 16 teams and the winner gets to play in the top 8 which is the Currie Cup.
They used to play in the Currie Cup when the bushwar was raging on and also years back in history
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

ZuluBoy wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:53 am Nobody was stopping the ABs to put 100 points on Namibia in the 2019 WC instead of 63 points
Namibia have always played in SA's competitions although they have hardly more than a hundred players to pick from

Namibia at the 2015 WC
Jacques Nieuwenhuis now lives in Cromwell, Central Otago, NZ and works for a supplier of ours. Absolute gentleman. Here he is scoring a try at RWC07 against Ireland. First Namibian to be red carded at a RWC as well. Was that RWC11?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpVScgJJvcc
ZuluBoy

Post by ZuluBoy »

Was 2007 the game they nearly won , will look for the highlights and post a few posts later. Great to see him scoring a fantastic try and to hear he is doing well. Namibian people of all races are great people, they are not many but great.
If you see him ask him about the sizes of the Namibian kob as they are massive. Namibians love to talk about fish, cattle, the rain (they dont get rain for months at times except for february to march) and rugby. Salt of the earth people
Last edited by ZuluBoy on Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
grievous

Post by grievous »

ZuluBoy wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:53 am Nobody was stopping the ABs to put 100 points on Namibia in the 2019 WC instead of 63 points

Namibia at the 2015 WC
Talk about missing the point....
grievous

Post by grievous »

ZuluBoy wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:09 am springboks don't play Namibia annually so there are no thruth in Grievous's comment of they get hard by thrashing Namib with a 100 points but something must have triggered him to say such nonsense
Namibia get a shot to compete in the Currie Cup in a pre tournament of 16 teams and the winner gets to play in the top 8 which is the Currie Cup.
They used to play in the Currie Cup when the bushwar was raging on and also years back in history
Well fvck em then.....and look for Europe to take you in :lol:
sorCrer

Post by sorCrer »

grievous wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:45 am
Zakar wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:13 am I look forward to the Saffas exciting new annual tournament with Namibia, Zimbabwe and Burkina Faso.
If they developed their region like they should of years ago this may of been a closer opportunity.
Talk about being completely clueless.
ZuluBoy

Post by ZuluBoy »

steered a bit of the point by talking to bungle

mr bungle here it is Ire 32 Namibia 17
https://youtu.be/PWj-8nO0PlY
grievous

Post by grievous »

sorCrer wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:56 am
Clueless You are in the rugby wilderness regarding competition, you lot are clueless.
sorCrer

Post by sorCrer »

grievous wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:07 am
Clueless You are in the rugby wilderness regarding competition, you lot are clueless.
Yes. But explain to me how we should have 'developed the region'. Aren't you Australian?
ZuluBoy

Post by ZuluBoy »

I tend to differ on Grievous that we are in a wilderness and clueless in terms of competition.
Here are my facts
Back to old tours
B + I Lions are touring in a 6 months and tickets are sold out.
Pro 14 is expanding to Pro 16 , we'll get 4 teams
logistically its a dream come true for us
There are incentives such as the European Cup
CVC sponsors of the 6ns pushing for our inclusion in 2023
Super Rugby Unlock is picking up steam right now
Currie Cup Rugby with a proper promo/rele and a top 8 teams out of 16 in 2021 is our top dog
This will start in a few weeks with 7 teams in this covid19 times.
The Varsity cup is a great success and has a proper promo/rele in place which brings strength vs strength
The Gold Cup or the SA club Rugby competition is a great tournament across sa and the semis finals televised
I can go further Cravenweek etc but am tired of typing further.
Would rather say Grievous is rather clueless regarding sa's Rugby competitions structure
Last edited by ZuluBoy on Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

ZuluBoy wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:34 am Was 2007 the game they nearly won , will look for the highlights and post a few posts later. Great to see him scoring a fantastic try and to hear he is doing well. Namibian people of all races are great people, they are not many but great.
If you see him ask him about the sizes of the Namibian kob as they are massive. Namibians love to talk about fish, cattle, the rain (they dont get rain for months at times except for february to march) and rugby. Salt of the earth people
:thumbup:

I thought he was a Saffer?
ZuluBoy

Post by ZuluBoy »

Should ask him mr bungle. They wouldn't let him have played for Namibia without Namibian citizenship. Believe me it is very difficult to get Namibian citizenship if not virtually impossible if your'e from SA.
Last edited by ZuluBoy on Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

ZuluBoy wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:52 am Should ask him mr bungle. They wouldn't let him have played for Namibia without Namibian citizenship. Believe me it is very difficult to get Namibian citizenship if not virtually impossible if your'e from SA.
Could be that he was on Varsity in SA
Pretty sure that’s what he told me.
ZuluBoy

Post by ZuluBoy »

Your'e right mr bungle
from google his mother is a Namibian citizen
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

ZuluBoy wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:02 am Your'e right mr bungle
from google his mother is a Namibian citizen
Yeah, that’s right. He said he qualified via his mother.

He is a massive McCaw fan. Greatest player he’d ever seen. Said the cheating barbs were utter bullshit.
ZuluBoy

Post by ZuluBoy »

and he knows as he played against him. I think very highly of Richie McCaw aswell not only as a player but as a person
grievous

Post by grievous »

sorCrer wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:30 am
grievous wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:07 am
Yes. But explain to me how we should have 'developed the region'. Aren't you Australian?
Ja and we play our Pacific neighbours in regional and international test matches. You only see you neighbours in a throwback to apartheid glory days competitions. Gee those Rhodesians were good.
Salient

Post by Salient »

grievous wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:54 am
ZuluBoy wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:09 am springboks don't play Namibia annually so there are no thruth in Grievous's comment of they get hard by thrashing Namib with a 100 points but something must have triggered him to say such nonsense
Well fvck em then.....and look for Europe to take you in :lol:
Easy rugby ahoy Bro :nod:
Mr. White

Post by Mr. White »

Accessing our players, although AC is trolling terribly, is another reason why we should move north for all our club/provincial rugby.

Sa simply can't retain the players - for multiple reasons.

Edit: Aussies will trounce the Argies.
Salient

Post by Salient »

Mr. White wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:25 am Accessing our players, although AC is trolling terribly, is another reason why we should move north for all our club/provincial rugby.

Sa simply can't retain the players - for multiple reasons.

Edit: Aussies will trounce the Argies.
Yeah what ever simplistic reason you trot out you are still chicken runners, enjoy your easy rugby.
OomStruisbaai

Post by OomStruisbaai »

SARU still get paid for no show at RC

https://www.news24.com/citypress/sport/ ... w-20201017

Show what important role DStv play in SH rugby.
Peaches

Post by Peaches »

Without SA is there even any reason to have a comp?

An Argentina/Australia developmental comp would be much more competitive.
Wilson's Toffee

Post by Wilson's Toffee »

AC's fear is very palpable in this fred. With reason - NZ, Oz, can only dream if having a comp where you test yourself readily against the best of the world, in decent , fair competition..

This may be the start of the end of NZ domination of world rugby.

I can feel your pain, AC.
Brumbie_Steve

Post by Brumbie_Steve »

If you were a young rugby player would you place your faith for your future and that of your family with the SARU?
brat

Post by brat »

How confident are South Africans that even the lions tour will go ahead?

Covids not going away any time soon and it’s only about 9 months away

I read a report from a few months back saying it won’t be viable if the visiting fans don’t turn up

You would think there’s going to have to be a big improvement from the current status for that to happen
grievous

Post by grievous »

OomStruisbaai wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:56 am SARU still get paid for no show at RC

https://www.news24.com/citypress/sport/ ... w-20201017

Show what important role DStv play in SH rugby.
If you had some backbone you wouldn't take it.
ZuluBoy

Post by ZuluBoy »

Brumbie_Steve wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:06 am If you were a young rugby player would you place your faith for your future and that of your family with the SARU?
Good future perhaps for any young Cheetah players. Cheetahs decided theyr'e heading to Russia instead of nz oz island proposed Super Rugby. Inclusion in Russia mean then that they can play in the European league and European shield and there is a possibility for them then in the European Cup

Source link below
https://www.news24.com/sport/rugby/pro1 ... t-20201019
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

grievous wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:24 am Ja and we play our Pacific neighbours in regional and international test matches. You only see you neighbours in a throwback to apartheid glory days competitions. Gee those Rhodesians were good.

Fcuk me. Is Grievous actually claiming that Aus and NZ Rugby have worked hard to develop rugby in their Pacific neighbours region? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: