Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
ZappaMan

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by ZappaMan »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:37 pm
ZappaMan wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:33 pm It will be next summer by the time I get to go home to meet family and friends :(
Did you not say flights have started again? Miami not going again?

I thank my lucky stars that transatlantic is still running but I suspect we are down to the last couple months of direct Dublin flights
Alas, they're threatening to reclose the airport and, even if we could go, we would have a 2 week quarantine upon return (impossible with 2 kids under 3). Current plan is to return for 2/3 months next spring/summer for a working trip home when hopefully things have somewhat reverted to normality.

It's not easy seeing your mother cry because she cannot meet her new grandson. Shouldn't complain, I guess - many in worse situations than I.
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:50 pm
Leinsterman wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:41 pm Brace yourselves, lads. Sam will be on Claire Byrne in a few minutes. He's got his Level 5, he'll be a happy camper.
The boiling frog just climbed out of the pot. Don't blame the young people. Zero covid.
"What about the Faroes, what about Greenland, we can be back there by Christmas ? "..... :(
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

A poor man’s Sharon Ni Bheolain
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Here is Sam :o
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:30 pm The majority support it because they’ve been bombarded with nothing but relentless scaremongering every hour of every day since March. That doesn’t make it the right thing to do.

The outcome from the Milgram psychology experiment ...

that ordinary people, under the direction of an authority figure, would obey just about any order they were given, even to torture.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Delighted to see that school kids training continues as per level 3/4 ..... pods of 15/No contact

I wrote to our local TD's about this and Neale richmond in particular was pushing it strongly ..... fair play to him and others
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

rfurlong wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:58 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:52 pm
rfurlong wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:47 pm So the government is making a play to have some level of normality for Christmas .....

They also state that they will continue to lock down in response to high cases, and also open up the economy again as the (rhymes with brine) curve allows ....

Who'd have thunk it ?
Not you. You said so a couple of weeks ago. You didn’t support rolling lockdowns until the end of 2021.

But then your opinions change almost daily.
Here's what you said ....

Your contention here has been that they have doing a great job along with some bullshit about the sine curve and claiming the strategy is for hospitality to be open for Christmas.
Bullshit, yeah?

When the rest of Europe follows suit, you'll come up with some other garbage to cover your tracks

Why am I even engaging with you ?
Did you not say earlier that the rest of Europe were ahead of us, or at least doing the same thing?
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

What’s app video going round of queue to get into Tesco in Dundrum this evening. The collective hysteria is back
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Sam laughing at us. That about sums those pricks up. That's the side your on Mullet and Furlong
Ulsters Red Hand

Post by Ulsters Red Hand »

Ah Jeez lads that's not good for you at all. Maybe the Irish Gov will finally push for a united Ireland

Oh, and f*** off and don't come up here :nod: :nod:
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:59 pm A poor man’s Sharon Ni Bheolain
I'll be watching Crimecall later. It'll be tough to have a tug to Sharon while listening to the Jo Jo case though. Makes it a bit challenging.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

A f**king rheumatologist :lol: was there no gynaecologists available to give their view like
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Listen we won't be able to afford to go on a Christmas beer trip to Newry never mind actually unite so you are good
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

rfurlong wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:47 pm So the government is making a play to have some level of normality for Christmas .....

They also state that they will continue to lock down in response to high cases, and also open up the economy again as the (rhymes with brine) curve allows ....

Who'd have thunk it ?
Not you. You said so a couple of weeks ago. You didn’t support rolling lockdowns until the end of 2021.

Your contention here has been that they have doing a great job along with some bullshit about the sine curve and claiming the strategy is for hospitality to be open for Christmas.
Bullshit, yeah?

When the rest of Europe follows suit, you'll come up with some other garbage to cover your tracks

You said closing the restaurants was to ensure hospitality would have a Christmas.

Then the next week changed your mind and claimed you never wanted them closed.

Then when it looked like it might be working, changed your mind again.

And after I asked you if you were in favour of rolling lockdowns until the end of 2021 said “of course not”.

One week it’s save hospitality for Christmas, the next it’s that hospitality is not sustainable anyway and you always said it.

All on here, you bullshitter. And you had no interest in proper contact tracing, or criticising the people who failed to put such a system in. Instead you’re happy enough for hundreds of thousands to be thrown out of work and many businesses to go under. But they don’t pay tax. A grade A bullshitter.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

EverReady wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:01 pm Sam laughing at us. That about sums those pricks up. That's the side your on Mullet and Furlong
160,000 jobs gone and this prick smirking
Ulsters Red Hand

Post by Ulsters Red Hand »

EverReady wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:03 pm Listen we won't be able to afford to go on a Christmas beer trip to Newry never mind actually unite so you are good
You can drink out of the canal for free
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:02 pm A f**king rheumatologist :lol: was there no gynaecologists available to give their view like
She's delighted. They must have rang around to.dind out people who were fücking delira :lol:
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:03 pm
EverReady wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:01 pm Sam laughing at us. That about sums those pricks up. That's the side your on Mullet and Furlong
160,000 jobs gone and this prick smirking
He was actually laughing at the start. Laughing and then frog analogy shit again. What a fücking prick. I'm going to the Caymens
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Im not on mcconkeys side ffs

Martin rightly rubbished mcconkeys zero covid strategy in the exact same way as he rubbished the 'do nothing' brigade

Cop on ER ..... don't go all brock on us ffs
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

A mate texting his family business is basically gone
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

ZappaMan wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:58 pm
It's not easy seeing your mother cry because she cannot meet her new grandson. Shouldn't complain, I guess - many in worse situations than I.
That's quite shit, sorry to hear that.

Congrats on #2.
ZappaMan

Post by ZappaMan »

Nolanator wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:05 pm

Congrats on #2.
Cheers :thumbup:

He already has the sturdy heft of a Bull Hayes.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Does Claire think the funeral director gets paid by the attendance
MunsterMan!!!!!

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

Congrats on #2.
+1 on all.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

I think this is a massive powerplay by the health authorities to make the public health system very big with plenty of capacity to spare.

I want a public health system with tonnes of capacity but we have to accept, this needs to be paid for forever and will come out of our wages.

I genuinely believe this is being manoeuvred and manipulated by NPHET and the HSE
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:03 pm

Who'd have thunk it ?

Bullshit, yeah?

You said closing the restaurants was to ensure hospitality would have a Christmas.

Then the next week changed your mind and claimed you never wanted them closed.

Then when it looked like it might be working, changed your mind again.

And after I asked you if you were in favour of rolling lockdowns until the end of 2021 said “of course not”.

One week it’s save hospitality for Christmas, the next it’s that hospitality is not sustainable anyway and you always said it.

All on here, you bullshitter. And you had no interest in proper contact tracing, or criticising the people who failed to put such a system in. Instead you’re happy enough for hundreds of thousands to be thrown out of work and many businesses to go under. But they don’t pay tax. A grade A bullshitter.
Chophouse restaurant owner agreeing that government are right to save Christmas ..... and lauding then for bringing the PUP back

You're a grade a cvnt
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

rfurlong wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:05 pm

Martin rightly rubbished mcconkeys zero covid strategy in the exact same way as he rubbished the 'do nothing' brigade

This is a disaster' furlong. Setting PR ribaldry aside this is fücked
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

ZappaMan wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:06 pm

Congrats on #2.
Cheers :thumbup:

He already has the sturdy heft of a Bull Hayes.
Childhood obesity :shock:
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

iarmhiman wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:08 pm I think this is a massive powerplay by the health authorities to make the public health system very big with plenty of capacity to spare.

I want a public health system with tonnes of capacity but we have to accept, this needs to be paid for forever and will come out of our wages.

I genuinely believe this is being manoeuvred and manipulated by NPHET and the HSE
:nod: Bingo
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

He is worse than you ... that's an incredible statement for me to make.

"Sam McConkey is a Donkey !"
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

EverReady wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:09 pm

It's a mess for sure ...... but it would be a damn sight worse if it got further out of control
MunsterMan!!!!!

It's hard to listen to Sam
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

rfurlong wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:11 pm

It's a mess for sure ...... but it would be a damn sight worse if it got further out of control
Every winter the beds get out of control. We had increased capacity before. This is a.smash and grab by heath officials
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:05 pm A mate texting his family business is basically gone
That is really sad
So many businesses particularly the hospitality sector are fu.cked
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Winnie wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:12 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:05 pm A mate texting his family business is basically gone
That is really sad
So many businesses particularly the hospitality sector are fu.cked
Fücked
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Sam sorting out education now as well. What a man
MunsterMan!!!!!

No SF positions on absolutely anything
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

EverReady wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:14 pm Sam sorting out education now as well. What a man
And a rheumatologist now telling us her opinion on whether teachers can refuse to come into work :lol:
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

rfurlong wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:11 pm

Well, except it hadn't actually got out of control at all. Deteriorating sure, out of control - nah. Phil the geek's model said it might get out of control. Cue hysteria.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

So....this will keep happening until the public hospitals get the added capacity plus excess surge capacity plus excess healthcare workers the HSE wants. Will cost the state a fortune keeping that afloat