OFFICIAL Brexit Thread

All things Rugby
bimboman

Re: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread

Post by bimboman »

camroc1 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:28 pm Ha ! We now have our nice blue British Passports and not those dirty EU ones...........

........but pretty please can we still go through your EU passport gates ?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ost-brexit

Satire has usurped by reality.

And the law change ?
It is understood that EU capitals have been informed that it may be possible for UK nationals to use the e-gates at some point in 2022 should a new IT project registering entry and exit be rolled out by the EU on current schedule. The system’s introduction has already been delayed by two years.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

So he managed to get the government to backtrack and bring the £60 million back on the table. It might not be 90 or 65 mill but he got the upper hand here.

Bravo.
Last edited by YOYO on Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

ChipSpike wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:49 pm
camroc1 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:28 pm Ha ! We now have our nice blue British Passports and not those dirty EU ones...........

Seems petty behaviour from the jilted spouse. We have higher standards:-

"The UK allows citizens of Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, the US, Singapore and South Korea to use biometric passports to pass through automatic gates on arrival. The government has said in a paper on the UK’s post-Brexit border operating model that it will “ensure that EU, EEA and Swiss citizens may also continue to use our e-passport gates and the existing queueing arrangements”."

I reckon we should pick a different EU country each week to put through a random “deep check” lane.

Interesting though Portugal are offering dedicated uk lanes at their arrivals because they want our travellers.
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

bimboman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:00 pm

"The UK allows citizens of Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, the US, Singapore and South Korea to use biometric passports to pass through automatic gates on arrival. The government has said in a paper on the UK’s post-Brexit border operating model that it will “ensure that EU, EEA and Swiss citizens may also continue to use our e-passport gates and the existing queueing arrangements”."

I reckon we should pick a different EU country each week to put through a random “deep check” lane.

Interesting though Portugal are offering dedicated uk lanes at their arrivals because they want our travellers.
I've never been to Lisbon or the north of Portugal, definitely on my list though.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Lisbon is a wonderful city
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

Maybe to prevent rioting in the airport?
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

YOYO wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:00 pm So he managed to get the government to backtrack and bring the £60 million back on the table. It might not be 90 or 65 mill but he got the upper hand here.

Bravo.
It was the offer that he turned down
shereblue

Post by shereblue »

ChipSpike wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:07 pm

I've never been to Lisbon or the north of Portugal, definitely on my list though.
Lisbon is indeed a wonderful city, a locale fundamental to the story of modern Europe, especially for its lead role in the Age of Discoveries. The beaches of the north are sandy and the seas refreshingly wilder than in the Algarve. Porto, and the river Douro are quite magical with many fine Quintas to visit. I'm delighted to hear that Britain's oldest ally will be having a dedicated UK lane. Well done all.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

I wouldn't worry about fast lanes. Most countries will have egates for most countries in a year or two.

Id worry about anyone with a criminal record of which there are probably none on here. When ETIAS is brought in Brits with criminal records wont get authorisation to enter Schengen area which is very good news
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:00 pm So he managed to get the government to backtrack and bring the £60 million back on the table. It might not be 90 or 65 mill but he got the upper hand here.

Bravo.

No , the 60 million was given to the boroughs directly bypassing the mayor.

Keep it up, your about 4 for none...
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

iarmhiman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:40 pm I wouldn't worry about fast lanes. Most countries will have egates for most countries in a year or two.

Id worry about anyone with a criminal record of which there are probably none on here. When ETIAS is brought in Brits with criminal records wont get authorisation to enter Schengen area which is very good news

You keep stating this. All I can say is ECJ and allowing this. :lol:
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

:x
message #2527204 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:32 pm

Bravo.
Making the government move from £22 mill back up £60, looks like a net gain to me. He played the government while also helping generate lots of bad press for Boris, Sunak and co. He’s enhanced his reputation and could one day be leader of the Labour Party. Setting himself up nicely.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

bimboman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:43 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:40 pm I wouldn't worry about fast lanes. Most countries will have egates for most countries in a year or two.

ECJ will always look out for its citizens alright
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

bimboman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:42 pm

Bravo.

To the 10 districts / boroughs or whatever makes up Greater Manchester? But wasn’t that the ultimate objective. Get the money to where is needed. They are all tier 3 boroughs.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:44 pm :x

Bravo.
Making the government move from £22 mill back up £60, looks like a net gain to me. He played the government while also helping generate lots of bad press for Boris, Sunak and co. He’s enhanced his reputation and could one day be leader of the Labour Party. Setting himself up nicely.

He didn’t make anything happen, the 22 is still being paid as it’s for something completely different the 60 to the boroughs directly.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:47 pm
bimboman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:42 pm

Bravo.

To the 10 districts / boroughs or whatever makes up Greater Manchester? But wasn’t that the ultimate objective. Get the money to where is needed. They are all tier 3 boroughs.

It’s cut Burham out completely.

He negotiated himself of a job.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

iarmhiman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:47 pm

That’s why there’s no illegal immigrants in the EU. :lol:
shereblue

Post by shereblue »

shereblue wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:35 pm

Lisbon is indeed a wonderful city, a locale fundamental to the story of modern Europe, especially for its lead role in the Age of Discoveries. The beaches of the north are sandy and the seas refreshingly wilder than in the Algarve. Porto, and the river Douro are quite magical with many fine Quintas to visit. I'm delighted to hear that Britain's oldest ally will be having a dedicated UK lane. Well done all.
I would add that Lisbon was the locale for the Carnation Revolution, barely 45 years ago when,
incredibly, it was still a Fascist dictatorship. It's a shame that little Englanders have no interest in the EUs role in solidifying a modern, democratic European modus and rather complain that they have contributed more to the European budget than the likes of Portugal. And oh so ignorantly ape the "Brussels Dictatorship" fiction. Irony bypass or what :roll:
Last edited by shereblue on Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

bimboman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:52 pm

There is no ETIAS system currently and even after it is, smuggling and trafficking will still be impossible to stop.

You're not advocating going in the back of a container to Costa Del Sol Bimbo for holiday????
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

bimboman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:50 pm

Bravo.

He didn’t make anything happen, the 22 is still being paid as it’s for something completely different the 60 to the boroughs directly.
Can you present this via a reputable media source?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:56 pm
bimboman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:50 pm

Bravo.

Can you present this via a reputable media source?

Yep.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

iarmhiman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:56 pm

There is no ETIAS system currently and even after it is, smuggling and trafficking will still be impossible to stop.

You're not advocating going in the back of a container to Costa Del Sol Bimbo for holiday????

Better than Ryanair.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

Bimbo can you post your source? That was part of the ask.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

bimboman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:59 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:56 pm

Better than Ryanair.
I fly Aer Lingus to mainland Europe and USA, Emirates to Australia .

I only use Ryanair flying to that poxy island to our east and only i do that as little as possible. Not worth going over €40 to fly to the UK
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

shereblue wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:53 pm

I would add that Lisbon was the locale for the Carnation Revolution, barely 45 years ago when,
incredibly, it was still a Fascist dictatorship. It's a shame that little Englanders have no interest in the EUs role in solidifying a modern, democratic European modus and rather complain that they have contributed more to the European budget than the likes of Portugal. And oh so ignorantly ape the "Brussels Dictatorship" fiction. Irony bypass or what :roll:
Our European cousins do have fascist tendencies don't they? Relatively recently as well, Germany, Spain, italy, Greece, Portugal all bit too far right wing and authoritarian. It's also ironic that the the EU is regarded as some sort of democratic bastion, when it's institutions and rules were set up to stop its populations interfering in the grand project.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

Authoritarian?? :lol: :lol: You look forward to your non policed nation. See how that works for you.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

ChipSpike wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:09 pm

Our European cousins do have fascist tendencies don't they? Relatively recently as well, Germany, Spain, italy, Greece, Portugal all bit too far right wing and authoritarian. It's also ironic that the the EU is regarded as some sort of democratic bastion, when it's institutions and rules were set up to stop its populations interfering in the grand project.
Its population love the grand project and have benefited massively from it.

You lads just wish you had your empire again.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:02 pm Bimbo can you post your source? That was part of the ask.

I can yes.
piquant

Post by piquant »

iarmhiman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:16 pm

Bar no for reasons of fairness it certainly made our economy and exports work in the sense of bringing in a lot of money. Although look what happened when we lost the empire and had to compete on the quality and price of what we were supplying
Yer Man

Post by Yer Man »

ovalball wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:15 pm
bimboman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:07 pm
FTA’s are exactly that.

Association agreements are different.

None of this is controversial.
Which is probably why the EU list them seperately !!
You need to understand Bimbologic:

I don't understand,
therefore you must be wrong,
therefore everything you say is wrong,
therefore I win.

QED
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

bimboman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:30 pm
YOYO wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:02 pm Bimbo can you post your source? That was part of the ask.

I can yes.
Stick it up here so I can verify what you said.
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

Sure they do. You can see that by the huge growth the EU has achieved versus other areas. This empire stuff is boring, I'm pretty old but it was all over well before I was born. I just want the UK to run its own affairs and have a say in what goes on. I've no interest in supporting the EU project at all.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

ChipSpike wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:13 pm
shereblue wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:35 pm Lisbon is indeed a wonderful city, a locale fundamental to the story of modern Europe, especially for its lead role in the Age of Discoveries. The beaches of the north are sandy and the seas refreshingly wilder than in the Algarve. Porto, and the river Douro are quite magical with many fine Quintas to visit. I'm delighted to hear that Britain's oldest ally will be having a dedicated UK lane. Well done all.

Sure they do. You can see that by the huge growth the EU has achieved versus other areas. This empire stuff is boring, I'm pretty old but it was all over well before I was born. I just want the UK to run its own affairs and have a say in what goes on. I've no interest in supporting the EU project at all.
You may not but the youth of your population do. Selfish boomers
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

shereblue wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:35 pm Lisbon is indeed a wonderful city, a locale fundamental to the story of modern Europe, especially for its lead role in the Age of Discoveries. The beaches of the north are sandy and the seas refreshingly wilder than in the Algarve. Porto, and the river Douro are quite magical with many fine Quintas to visit. I'm delighted to hear that Britain's oldest ally will be having a dedicated UK lane. Well done all.

It's quite funny how the Irish posters keep harking back to the days of the Empire. We really don't give it a 2nd thought. Mention the Empire to most of us and we'd think you were referring to Star Wars..........
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

ovalball wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:23 pm

It's quite funny how the Irish posters keep harking back to the days of the Empire. We really don't give it a 2nd thought. Mention the Empire to most of us and we'd think you were referring to Star Wars..........
It's still deep in the English psyche. Where else do those massive feelings of superiority and entitlement come from?
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

iarmhiman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:21 pm

They should have voted then.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

ChipSpike wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:28 pm

Agreed they'll vote in future when they see the future the generation before have created for them.

I hope you are generous in your will
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

iarmhiman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:26 pm

It's still deep in the English psyche. Where else do those massive feelings of superiority and entitlement come from?
That's just you're inferiority complexes distorting your view of us.
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

iarmhiman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:30 pm
ChipSpike wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:28 pm

Agreed they'll vote in future when they see the future the generation before have created for them.

I hope you are generous in your will
Have you got kids? I'm asking because I have, and most of what I do is coloured by that, including the way I want this country run.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

ovalball wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:33 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:26 pm

That's just you're inferiority complexes distorting your view of us.
Not sure about that. I have an English brother in law and his parents are cùnts . If you want to know what they asked my parents on their visit over here one evening I'll tell you. Nigel Lawson has on record said the Irish need to know their place. Posters on here like Merry have even said that the English feel better than other nations by birthright. English exceptionalism has been well documented.