POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

All things Rugby
fatcat

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by fatcat »

What about the people who don't bother to vote?
puku

Post by puku »

On the Senate front, the only certainty is that Jones will lose Alabama and Gardner will lose Colorado, so zero change.

The GOP could lose out in Maine, Iowa, Arizona and North Carolina. And it is funny to see Graham squirm too.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

fatcat wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:46 pm What about the people who don't bother to vote?
I think those who hate Trump know they need to as it was the low turnout on the Dem side that won for Trump last time.

The low turn out was because they hated Hillary as well. Biden is well liked in comparison
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

iarmhiman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:22 pm
Flockwitt wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:18 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:24 pm So can Biden get Georgia, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania ?

You'd imagine that would do it
There’s a blizzard of slanted information out there. And hard to see through it. Key will be Florida but I’ll take that to the President’s thread I think.

More interested in the senate to be honest. Without it the Dems can’t undo much of might need to be from their perspective that Trump did and there will be a chunk of distinction. Welcome back to government shutdowns.
Even if they get the senate, they'll only have 2 years to get their agenda through as the GOP will get it back with the next set of elections in 2 years. The house seems safe Dem for another 2 years.
Which is probably for the best. But looking at the way the US system works it might help if the Dems did win the Senate. At least they’d be able to put in the fixes Obama care needs rather than having an opposition party who will despite not being able to put in their own solution will simply out right reject whatever is attempted. x(
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

puku wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:47 pm On the Senate front, the only certainty is that Jones will lose Alabama and Gardner will lose Colorado, so zero change.

The GOP could lose out in Maine, Iowa, Arizona and North Carolina. And it is funny to see Graham squirm too.
Graham will keep South Carolina.

Do 4 of those senate seats plus vice president Harris makes the Dems majority in the senate is that correct?
merry!

Post by merry! »

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec ... 6097490947
BREAKING: New audio of Hunter Biden talking about his partner “the f**king spy chief of China”
:lol:
tds is so strong in some they'd rather sell out the states to the commies....than see the don re-elected. :nod:
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

iarmhiman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:06 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:58 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:34 pm If Biden wins he will be a one term president. I think that much is certain.

And with all due respect to Joe, he's not a good candidate but this presidential election is really a referendum on another Trump term. We know the majority are sick of him, but are the majority in the states that matter?
And we are off :lol:
If you don't think Biden will win the popular vote by a lot , you clearly haven't a breeze how the system works over there
The majority didn't want him the last time.

Mick is a very very stupid man.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Flockwitt wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:51 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:22 pm
Flockwitt wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:18 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:24 pm So can Biden get Georgia, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania ?

You'd imagine that would do it
There’s a blizzard of slanted information out there. And hard to see through it. Key will be Florida but I’ll take that to the President’s thread I think.

More interested in the senate to be honest. Without it the Dems can’t undo much of might need to be from their perspective that Trump did and there will be a chunk of distinction. Welcome back to government shutdowns.
Even if they get the senate, they'll only have 2 years to get their agenda through as the GOP will get it back with the next set of elections in 2 years. The house seems safe Dem for another 2 years.
Which is probably for the best. But looking at the way the US system works it might help if the Dems did win the Senate. At least they’d be able to put in the fixes Obama care needs rather than having an opposition party who will despite not being able to put in their own solution will simply out right reject whatever is attempted. x(
Supreme Court could judicial review it anyway. I don't think they'll ever get Obamacare through
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

merry! wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:52 pm https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec ... 6097490947
BREAKING: New audio of Hunter Biden talking about his partner “the f**king spy chief of China”
tds is so strong in some they'd rather sell out the states to the commies....than see the don re-elected. :nod:
Who cares? Hunter isn't up for president
puku

Post by puku »

iarmhiman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:52 pm
puku wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:47 pm On the Senate front, the only certainty is that Jones will lose Alabama and Gardner will lose Colorado, so zero change.

Do 4 of those senate seats plus vice president Harris makes the Dems majority in the senate is that correct?
If those 4 flip it will be 51 D (2 Independents) 49 R. It is quite possible it will end up 50 to 50.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

puku wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:57 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:52 pm

If those 4 flip it will be 51 D (2 Independents) 49 R. It is quite possible it will end up 50 to 50.
50 to 50 with Kamala Harris as the vice president and tipping senate to Dem? :lol:

How glorious would that be
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Salient wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:45 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:34 pm If Biden wins he will be a one term president. I think that much is certain.

And with all due respect to Joe, he's not a good candidate but this presidential election is really a referendum on another Trump term. We know the majority are sick of him, but are the majority in the states that matter?
Considering the majority of people who voted last time around didn't vote for Trump the statement is perfectly correct. of course you really don't operate in a state I like to call "reality".

The question, as others have stated, is will people vote against Trump in enough numbers in the right States to toss the current President out of office ... oh and to face his creditors.
It is not correct, you dumb cunt
It MIGHT be correct. It might not.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

iarmhiman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:50 pm
fatcat wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:46 pm What about the people who don't bother to vote?
I think those who hate Trump know they need to as it was the low turnout on the Dem side that won for Trump last time.
I agree that they need to vote if they hate him. Stands to reason that most who don't vote will have no particular malice of Trump.
Derwyn

Post by Derwyn »

Some 🚨🚨🚨 explosive stuff re the #HunterTapes
puku

Post by puku »

Given that Trump's favorability rating has been underwater since for ever, we can argue that most people dislike him.

But as Mick points out, we will only know for sure after the election.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:59 pm

Considering the majority of people who voted last time around didn't vote for Trump the statement is perfectly correct. of course you really don't operate in a state I like to call "reality".

The question, as others have stated, is will people vote against Trump in enough numbers in the right States to toss the current President out of office ... oh and to face his creditors.
It's simple population demographics Mick. The blue states by and large have bigger populations than the red ones.

That's why they dont do popular vote. The dems would win every presidential election.

What makes electoral college voting more annoying is this example:

Take Pennsylvania. There are 20 electoral college votes. If Trump wins 11 and Biden gets 9, all 20 go to Trump

So it doesnt reflect the popular vote even in that scenario. It looks like a Trump landslide when in reality he only got over 50% of the vote.
merry!

Post by merry! »

iarmhiman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:54 pm
merry! wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:52 pm https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec ... 6097490947
the fecking nerve..

after all the 'muh russia' stuff about people the don had a cofefe with once, this is real live partnerships between biden's son and commie spies.

and that's before we get onto the genuine pee tapes (and worse x( ) etc.

face it, your boy's goin' down.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

fatcat wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:01 pm
I agree that they need to vote if they hate him. Stands to reason that most who don't vote will have no particular malice of Trump.
I think the point was that last time Hillary was toxic
puku

Post by puku »

fatcat wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:01 pm
Your logic does not stand up. I know of a few people who are not going to vote because they hate Trump and Biden in equal measure. We could assume that those who don't vote hate both equally or like both equally but just don't care.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

merry! wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:06 pm
the fecking nerve..

after all the 'muh russia' stuff about people the don had a cofefe with once, this is real live partnerships between biden's son and commie spies.

Don't think so. Now when Trump goes, I'd worry for him
puku

Post by puku »

merry! wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:06 pm
the fecking nerve..

Yeah Merry me 'uld China, Biden's son.

Not on the ballot.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

And some idiot writes
Listen, #HunterBiden is smart enough to have gotten into business with China's richest man without help from his dad. Also, kids like Hunter use the term "my father" to describe friends and acquaintences. It's a millenial thing, my father.
#Karin4Congress
It's a millenial thing :lol: :lol: :lol:
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Can't believe you two are still going with the smear.

Voters minds have been made up. :lol:
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

iarmhiman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:10 pm Can't believe you two are still going with the smear.

They can always be unmade
https://www.projectveritas.com/news/tex ... -to-hegar/
shanky

Post by shanky »

iarmhiman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:05 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:59 pm

It's simple population demographics Mick. The blue states by and large have bigger populations than the red ones.

That's why they dont do popular vote. The dems would win every presidential election.

What makes electoral college voting more annoying is this example:

Take Pennsylvania. There are 20 electoral college votes. If Trump wins 11 and Biden gets 9, all 20 go to Trump

So it doesnt reflect the popular vote even in that scenario. It looks like a Trump landslide when in reality he only got over 50% of the vote.
Poor old Mick

He hasn’t got the GOP memo that clearly recognises that the majority of the population would vote Democrat, and that this is a recognised truism of American politics.
Or the history books, littered with essays by Founders, discussing the preference for the EC system to prevent the tyranny of the majority.

Polls and actual elections showing a majority for Democrats are now conspiracies only, not rooted in fact.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:12 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:10 pm Can't believe you two are still going with the smear.

They can always be unmade
https://www.projectveritas.com/news/tex ... -to-hegar/
What's this Texas? An already likely Trump state.

It's the swing states that matter not the safe blue and safe red Mick. Engage your brain.
Derwyn

Post by Derwyn »

The Joe Biden campaign should be suspended. He is compromised and a threat to National security.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Derwyn wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:16 pm The Joe Biden campaign should be suspended. He is compromised and a threat to National security.
Of course you are correct, but the brainwashed oafs on here will not admit what is clear - Joe Biden is filth.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

:lol: :lol:

You're beaten

Show some dignity. Trump is the Welsh Pro14 side of candidates
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Derwyn wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:16 pm The Joe Biden campaign should be suspended. He is compromised and a threat to National security.
Just wait until after he wins, then let Kamala take over
shanky

Post by shanky »

Mullet 2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:19 pm :lol: :lol:

You're beaten

The Trumpers have been screaming about ‘letting the people decide’ and ‘fake impeachments’ for a few years.

Now that the people are actually deciding, they want intervention action taken.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

shanky wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:24 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:19 pm :lol: :lol:

You're beaten

The Trumpers have been screaming about ‘letting the people decide’ and ‘fake impeachments’ for a few years.

Now that the people are actually deciding, they want intervention action taken.
They're looking for a late smear. It's desperation
shanky

Post by shanky »

Trump did this. He lowered the standards so much, that we don’t care anymore.

Hunter Biden could shoot a former porn star on 5th avenue and Biden’s base will still vote for him.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Tbh I think a lot of them looked at his paunchy belly smoking crack and getting a blowie off the prostitute and thought to themselves 'that looks like a busy but satisfying Thursday night'
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:17 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:10 pm
towny wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:08 pm If they count all the votes, Biden will win the popular vote by 8 figures. Biggest blow-out in decades.
I often wonder does Mick know the difference between electoral college vote and popular vote? He wouldn't confuse them would he?
I am well aware of the difference. It is your arrogant assumption about the majority being sick of Trump that I take issue with.

And I will never be the dumbest poster on here whilst Towny draws breath.
The majority were sick of Trump back in 2016, by quite a big margin. He has done the square root of fudge all to convince them they were wrong last time
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

BokJock wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:43 pm
towny wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:08 pm If they count all the votes, Biden will win the popular vote by 8 figures. Biggest blow-out in decades.
I often wonder does Mick know the difference between electoral college vote and popular vote? He wouldn't confuse them would he?
I am well aware of the difference. It is your arrogant assumption about the majority being sick of Trump that I take issue with.

The majority were sick of Trump back in 2016, by quite a big margin. He has done the square root of fudge all to convince them they were wrong last time
You hope

Post by 4071 »

fonzeee wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:52 pm
4071 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:49 pm
fatcat wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:36 pm
4071 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:28 pm
If I answer a knock on my door and am confronted by two men, one of whom has dogshit smeared on his shoe and the other of whom is not only smeared all over and dripping with faeces but is actively shitting himself as he stands there, then I don't want to let either man into my house. But if I had to choose, then I'd prefer the guy with some shit on his shoe.
Just supposing Biden had Trump's policies and Biden's characteristics and Trump had Biden's policies and Trump's characteristics, who would you prefer to be pres?
That's actually a pretty good question. That really does feel like Sophie's Choice.

Obviously I would oppose a Biden with Trump policies. I don't think that highly of Biden, and a bunch of shit and harmful policies wrapped in a less offensive packaging would still be shit. But would I actually support a Trump with Biden policies? I very much doubt it.

First, because Trump is a narcissistic sociopath, and even if he espoused policies I agreed with I could not trust him to follow through on them. Second because Biden's policies aren't that exciting and worth putting up with a plum like Trump for.

I would vote neither.

But if I had no third option and had to pick one or the other, I suppose I would reluctantly be marginally less angered by a Trump-like character with better policies. But in terms of a choice, this feels like asking me which eyeball I would rather have gouged out by a spoon.
This is a very interesting post, as you ultimately arrive at the same conclusion that many GOP voters did: support the asshole that agrees with my worldview. Which is fair, I might add.

So while you might not agree with that worldview, if you happened to hold some version of it yourself, you would have voted for him.

For all the talk of "how could anyone vote for Trump", MAGA die hards aside, I think this shows it. You don't need to be a maniac. Unless you consider being conservative to be a categorically invalid position of course.

Ultimately I don't arrive at the same conclusion as Republicans who vote for Trump as I say, quite explicitly, that I would not vote for either.

Trump has Republican support and they voted for him, and continue to support him despite everything he does.

That's rather different from "would I actually support a Trump with Biden policies? I very much doubt it." and "I would vote neither."

This, you may note, does not support your conclusion that I would have voted for him.

You can tell, because I explicitly say the opposite of what you claim I said.
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:45 pm
BokJock wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:43 pm

You hope
I suppose he has deported a lot of those 3 million extra people who voted for Hillary ;) nudge nudge wink wink
flaggETERNAL

Post by flaggETERNAL »

Erm...how do we know that's actually HB?
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

4071 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:53 pm Ultimately I don't arrive at the same conclusion as Republicans who vote for Trump as I say, quite explicitly, that I would not vote for either.

Trump has Republican support and they voted for him, and continue to support him despite everything he does.

That's rather different from "would I actually support a Trump with Biden policies? I very much doubt it." and "I would vote neither."

This, you may note, does not support your conclusion that I would have voted for him.

You can tell, because I explicitly say the opposite of what you claim I said.
Well, you said "But if I had no third option and had to pick one or the other", which while not literally true could easily be taken to mean, in our two party system, R or D, if you simply consider voting a non-negotiable duty. In fact this is how many people see it, and these are the exact words they use.

You are aware you don't always have to post like a snarky cunt, right?

FFS you even had some sassy reply to one of those beautiful girls I posted.
Last edited by fonzeee on Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.