Trump wins and a Rep Senate
15%
Trump wins and a Dem Senate
11%

Total votes: 94

CanNZ2000

Winner of the US Election, cocks on the block

Post by CanNZ2000 »

What will the outcome be? After all the dust has settled. Did not include the House because that appears to be a sure thing for the Dems
Anonymous 1

Re: Winner of the US Election, cocks on the block

Post by Anonymous 1 »

CanNZ2000

Post by CanNZ2000 »

Voted for a Biden win with a Dem Senate.

He appears to be poised to win back Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania (only Trafalgar group seems to be predicting a Trump win in Penn) with probably taking Arizona and North Carolina as well. Think Georgia and Iowa are a coin toss and just don't trust his chances in Florida with Texas being a very long shot.

Think the Senate is a much closer battle, I expect Dems to pick up in Maine and Arizona with losing Alabama. North Carolina and Iowa are probable pick ups too. Georgia and South Carolina are unlikely imo. To be honest, not sure what to expect from Georgia at both the Presidential and Senate level. Wouldn't be surprised if the Senate ends up a 50/50 split.
CanNZ2000

Post by CanNZ2000 »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:15 pm ARMAGEDDON
I was actually going to put 'Civil War' as an option but decided not to.
Bogbunny

Post by Bogbunny »

Where are the Putin and CCP options? FFS up yer game.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

Trump to win by a more than last time. Black vote to increase to 8-10%. Rioting on the streets to be largely ignored by Dem politicians and the public to be told by the media that it's Trump's fault.
Openside

Post by Openside »

fatcat wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:27 pm Trump to win by a more than last time. Black vote to increase to 8-10%. Rioting on the streets to be largely ignored by Dem politicians and the public to be told by the media that it's Trump's fault.
Can you imagine the meltdown on twitter by all the UK lefties :lol: :lol:
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

Democracy will be the winner...
Salient

Post by Salient »

I'm going with Biden, surely Yanks can't be dumb enough to vote back in the bluster Trump :nod:
Spyglass

Post by Spyglass »

I'm busy erecting my non-scaleable fence....us folks in the suburbs need to be prepared :P
puku

Post by puku »

A Biden win with a 50 50 split in the Senate.

I don't see the Dems picking up Iowa or Perdue losing in Georgia.
jamesfreeman

Post by jamesfreeman »

I'm picking Trump, as I believe he will win Florida, Ohio, North Carolina and Pennsylvania, the rest of the rust belt a toss up. Reasoning being:

- Enthusiasm gap, take away the polls and Trump running the most energetic campaign. He will get a bump come election day

-Voter turnout, the question is how big a bump can Trump get on election day? That will affect the result, is a cliche but will once again come down to turnout.

- North Carolina is now polling for Trump based on Real Clear Politics aggregate in battleground states

- Florida Biden's lead down to just 1% in RCP Batrleground states aggregate. Regardless of outcome Florida always a big State to watch especially since 2000 election

-Pennsylvania Biden's comments on oil industry etc

But Biden still in strong position though based on polling. He needs to win back the rust belt for the Democrats basically...

Either way I wont be surprised with what actually happens as it is America afterall... If Trump wins I will look like a genius and if Trump loses I will be like looks like he came close but not close enough. This election is a referendum on Trump as Biden is a very weak candidate...
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Biden a weak candidate again bollox
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

Spyglass wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:46 pm I'm busy erecting my non-scaleable fence....us folks in the suburbs need to be prepared :P
Locked and loaded?
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

Spyglass wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:46 pm I'm busy erecting my non-scaleable fence....us folks in the suburbs need to be prepared :P
There's a rush on aluminum siding?
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

puku wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:52 pm A Biden win with a 50 50 split in the Senate.

I don't see the Dems picking up Iowa or Perdue losing in Georgia.
This. Nothing like funneling billions of dollars into a state to keep the punters happy.
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

Biden victory comfortably on the lines of Obama 2012. Senate I say 50-50, meaning Vice President Kamala Harris is your tiebreaking vote.
CanNZ2000

Post by CanNZ2000 »

Flyin Ryan wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:22 pm Biden victory comfortably on the lines of Obama 2012. Senate I say 50-50, meaning Vice President Kamala Harris is your tiebreaking vote.
How I think it will play out, maybe a 51 - 49 split to Dems. With Arizona, Michigan and Wisconsin looking a pretty safe bet to go Dem, that means Biden only needs to win one of Iowa, Pennsylvania, North Carolina or Georgia. That's without a shock result in Texas or Florida. Think he can do that.
nardol

Post by nardol »

biden and reps senate - just
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

Flyin Ryan wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:22 pmBiden victory comfortably on the lines of Obama 2012. Senate I say 50-50, meaning Vice President Kamala Harris is your tiebreaking vote.
Will be interesting to watch. Joe Manchin will have a fun few years.
LandOTurk

Post by LandOTurk »

Salient wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:41 pm I'm going with Biden, surely Yanks can't be dumb enough to vote back in the bluster Trump :nod:
:roll: Nothing surprises me in this country, good or bad.

I'm going for Biden to win by about 30-40; 290-250. But Reps just keeping the senate by 1, which they will have some trouble managing on key votes.
Santa

Post by Santa »

Trump win. Democrats launch 57 law suits. Threats of secession. Violent leftist protests.
Yer Man

Post by Yer Man »

Where's the "China" option?
towny

Post by towny »

Joe to win by 10+ million votes and scores 325+ electoral college votes.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

fatcat wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:27 pm Trump to win by a more than last time. Black vote to increase to 8-10%. Rioting on the streets to be largely ignored by Dem politicians and the public to be told by the media that it's Trump's fault.
Well, it is Trump's fault. He's in charge, is he not?
towny

Post by towny »

jamesfreeman wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:59 pm I'm picking Trump, as I believe he will win Florida, Ohio, North Carolina and Pennsylvania, the rest of the rust belt a toss up. Reasoning being:

- Enthusiasm gap, take away the polls and Trump running the most energetic campaign. He will get a bump come election day

-Voter turnout, the question is how big a bump can Trump get on election day? That will affect the result, is a cliche but will once again come down to turnout.

- North Carolina is now polling for Trump based on Real Clear Politics aggregate in battleground states

- Florida Biden's lead down to just 1% in RCP Batrleground states aggregate. Regardless of outcome Florida always a big State to watch especially since 2000 election

-Pennsylvania Biden's comments on oil industry etc

But Biden still in strong position though based on polling. He needs to win back the rust belt for the Democrats basically...

Either way I wont be surprised with what actually happens as it is America afterall... If Trump wins I will look like a genius and if Trump loses I will be like looks like he came close but not close enough. This election is a referendum on Trump as Biden is a very weak candidate...
If Trump wins Pensylvania I’ll buy you a car.
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Santa wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:42 pm Trump win. Democrats launch 57 law suits. Threats of secession. Violent leftist protests.
This thread isn't for what you hope will happen, it's what you think you will happen.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Looking good for Trump considering PRs predicting record
AnkleTap

Post by AnkleTap »

Assume Biden win with Dem senate. I wouldn't bet any money on this.
puku

Post by puku »

AnkleTap wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:08 pm Assume Biden win with Dem senate. I wouldn't bet any money on this.
Come on, don't be coy.

https://www.newsweek.com/million-biden- ... er-1544011
Jerome Manning

Post by Jerome Manning »

towny wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:49 pm Joe to win by 10+ million votes and scores 325+ electoral college votes.
Texas and Georgia flip blue. I'll have an orgasm so strong it will break my back.
JPNZ

Post by JPNZ »

Trump with a dem senate.
Spyglass

Post by Spyglass »

Mr Mike wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:09 pm
Locked and loaded?
Cleaning them as I type. Any recommendation for load sequence for the 12 gauge - should I go No 8, No 4, buckshot and repeat :shock: :D
Spyglass

Post by Spyglass »

Flockwitt wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:17 pm
There's a rush on aluminum siding?
Sold out at the hardware stores, I'm going with plywood and a generous coating of grease 8)
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

I'm going Biden and Dem senate.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

Muttonbirds wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:49 pm
Well, it is Trump's fault. He's in charge, is he not?
So what you're saying is that, for example, the Christchurch mosque shootings were Jacinda Ardern's fault. I mean she was in charge.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

I'm changing my prediction - I think Biden will win.

In other news, 55% of people polled (survey size 2000) predict that election day will be the most stressful day of the year for them.
shanky

Post by shanky »

I think it’s going to be close, with more than one state tied up in ‘hanging chad’ type lawsuits.
Even if those lawsuits don’t seem to have much merit in their own right.

If, for example, Trump can get a losing Pa result overturned due to late poll counting, then there’d be an incentive to keep on with those lawsuits and not concede.

For Biden, the opposite is true, if for example the Texas drive-in result goes against him and it costs him in currently-tied Texas.

In the end I reckon we’ll be waiting until December for a result (of sorts).
If the election is ‘very close’, then I think Trump will win, due to the fact that these special election measures (votes received 3-6 days late) are essentially open to successful challenge.

However, my guess is that there’ll be just one-too-many states going for Biden (Wisconsin, Arizona) and it’ll be too big a hill to climb for Trump

Like others, I’m going for a hung Senate.
CanNZ2000

Post by CanNZ2000 »

shanky wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:26 pm I think it’s going to be close, with more than one state tied up in ‘hanging chad’ type lawsuits.
Even if those lawsuits don’t seem to have much merit in their own right.

If, for example, Trump can get a losing Pa result overturned due to late poll counting, then there’d be an incentive to keep on with those lawsuits and not concede.

For Biden, the opposite is true, if for example the Texas drive-in result goes against him and it costs him in currently-tied Texas.

In the end I reckon we’ll be waiting until December for a result (of sorts).
If the election is ‘very close’, then I think Trump will win, due to the fact that these special election measures (votes received 3-6 days late) are essentially open to successful challenge.

However, my guess is that there’ll be just one-too-many states going for Biden (Wisconsin, Arizona) and it’ll be too big a hill to climb for Trump

Like others, I’m going for a hung Senate.
A very Conservative judge has already thrown out that Republican lawsuit in Texas, not a good start for them in the courts.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/02/politics ... index.html