The Official Irish Rugby Thread

All things Rugby
User avatar
Willie Falloon
Posts: 8590
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Willie Falloon »

Winnie wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:54 pm
feckwanker wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:50 pm The horrible thing about this match was at no point throughout it did it ever look like the lads thought "We can win this" or "We should be ahead". It reminds me of the players mentality of when they used to face the AIG (tm) Adidas (C) New Zealand All Blacks years ago. They were beaten before they got on to the pitch.
I think this came from the captain
Ryan looked a beaten man from the start
I think the head coach believes Irish rugby can produce enough quality rugby players to beat the mighty English at HQ. It's why he likes picking Jonny foreigners.
User avatar
feckwanker
Posts: 6912
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by feckwanker »

Mullet 2 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:55 pm
Winnie wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:54 pm
feckwanker wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:50 pm The horrible thing about this match was at no point throughout it did it ever look like the lads thought "We can win this" or "We should be ahead". It reminds me of the players mentality of when they used to face the AIG (tm) Adidas (C) New Zealand All Blacks years ago. They were beaten before they got on to the pitch.

I think this came from the captain
Ryan looked a beaten man from the start

:lol: :lol:

Winnie in heaven
:lol:
Tbf, Itojie has had Ryan in his pocket for a while now. Must be pretty demoralising to take to the pitch in front of the whole world knowing your opposite number could spank you.
User avatar
Flametop
Posts: 17449
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Flametop »

Have to say that even England’s smaller players smashed our bigger ones.

Limited team but terrific defence both individually and as a unit.
User avatar
Jim Lahey
Posts: 9440
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:29 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Jim Lahey »

feckwanker wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:59 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:55 pm
Winnie wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:54 pm
feckwanker wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:50 pm The horrible thing about this match was at no point throughout it did it ever look like the lads thought "We can win this" or "We should be ahead". It reminds me of the players mentality of when they used to face the AIG (tm) Adidas (C) New Zealand All Blacks years ago. They were beaten before they got on to the pitch.

I think this came from the captain
Ryan looked a beaten man from the start

:lol: :lol:

Winnie in heaven
:lol:
Tbf, Itojie has had Ryan in his pocket for a while now. Must be pretty demoralising to take to the pitch in front of the whole world knowing your opposite number could spank you.
Especially when Shaggy blew his load using superlatives just before kick off describing how great Ryan was.

I know the lad has had injury that he probably hasn’t fully recovered from but today should be a massive wake up call for him.

Itoje, Launchbury, Lawes and AWJ are all probably going on the Lions tour (if it goes ahead). He needs to really put the foot down form-wise in the next five months to be in that conversation and duffing sides in a Leinster jersey won’t cut it if he’s not performing at international level.

He can do it, we know he has the ability. He just needs to start dominating games like POC did, like Itoje does at present.
User avatar
Mullet 2
Posts: 28825
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Mullet 2 »

Flametop wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:03 pm Have to say that even England’s smaller players smashed our bigger ones.

Limited team but terrific defence both individually and as a unit.
Yeah I do also firmly believe they are juiced to their eyeballs
User avatar
earl the beaver
Posts: 51000
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by earl the beaver »

Mullet 2 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:57 pm Twice at the end Murray passed flat to Farrell and both times he punched a hole over the gainline.

Like that is really basic stuff.

Big lad, play flay. Like really basic.
We played off 9 far more when Murray came on, JGP passed it to Byrne who was so deep our attacks were miles behind the gain line when contact happened.

I know it's hard when the pack is retreating but our inability to change approach kills us.
Risteard
Posts: 1718
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Capital City

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Risteard »

Leinsterman wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:52 pm
Risteard wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:41 pm Stepping away from the Irish team at the moment, anyone involved in clubs at the moment, how are ye finding things?

Imagine it's the same everywhere in terms of tightening of funds and trying to fundraise, curious as to what others are doing considering what I'd imagine is a major source of income, the club bar, being shut off as well as potentially reduced intake from more traditional fundraising as people not meeting others in person.

Difficult times, notwithstanding the uncertainty around playing. We got about three games under our belt with games being suspended just as the league was about to start.
We're ok for this season. Still taking in subs and no IRFU insurance or pitch rent to pay at the moment so the bank balance isn't dwindling too much.
Still scratching our heads because the usual fund raisers like pub quizzes are impossible to do at the moment but we have an idea or two to raise funds for specific equipment.
I reckon we'll be fine but I can see how bigger clubs are in big trouble.
You're Ravens IIRC LM?

Would you have much ongoing costs if you're not playing as opposed to clubs say which have their own grounds/clubhouses which would have say ESB costs? I'd imagine there's things like storage for you're equipment?

We run a weekly split the bucket at the moment and thinking of other options but as you say, things like quizzes or other nights which are often driven by word of mouth and meeting people in person are way down.
User avatar
Mullet 2
Posts: 28825
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Mullet 2 »

earl the beaver wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:09 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:57 pm Twice at the end Murray passed flat to Farrell and both times he punched a hole over the gainline.

Like that is really basic stuff.

Big lad, play flay. Like really basic.
We played off 9 far more when Murray came on, JGP passed it to Byrne who was so deep our attacks were miles behind the gain line when contact happened.

I know it's hard when the pack is retreating but our inability to change approach kills us.
Well that's the point isn't it.

We went out to play deep with two slumps that arent creative. Shouldn't have to change that. :lol:
Trostan
Posts: 2679
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Down by the Riverside

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Trostan »

Jim Lahey wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:07 pm
feckwanker wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:59 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:55 pm
Winnie wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:54 pm
feckwanker wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:50 pm The horrible thing about this match was at no point throughout it did it ever look like the lads thought "We can win this" or "We should be ahead". It reminds me of the players mentality of when they used to face the AIG (tm) Adidas (C) New Zealand All Blacks years ago. They were beaten before they got on to the pitch.

I think this came from the captain
Ryan looked a beaten man from the start

:lol: :lol:

Winnie in heaven
:lol:
Tbf, Itojie has had Ryan in his pocket for a while now. Must be pretty demoralising to take to the pitch in front of the whole world knowing your opposite number could spank you.
Especially when Shaggy blew his load using superlatives just before kick off describing how great Ryan was.

I know the lad has had injury that he probably hasn’t fully recovered from but today should be a massive wake up call for him.

Itoje, Launchbury, Lawes and AWJ are all probably going on the Lions tour (if it goes ahead). He needs to really put the foot down form-wise in the next five months to be in that conversation and duffing sides in a Leinster jersey won’t cut it if he’s not performing at international level.

He can do it, we know he has the ability. He just needs to start dominating games like POC did, like Itoje does at present.
Its in my head, but we don't need decent young guys from Belfast or Dublin privileged schools, we need a few hungry hoors from Munster
User avatar
camroc1
Posts: 40943
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by camroc1 »

This was a nothing match in a nothing competition, and Farrell decided on an approach that didn't work.

Doesn't matter a damn in the long run, bar he learns and plans different strategies against England next 6N.

FWIW I think England are busy learning how to run up their own arse, and their approach won't work against France or SA. I also think that refs will be made aware of their 'cuteness' at the breakdown.

I'm more interested to see does Farrell,and therefore the team, learn from todays experience. The new year will tell us.
User avatar
Winnie
Posts: 15859
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Winnie »

feckwanker wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:59 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:55 pm
Winnie wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:54 pm
feckwanker wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:50 pm The horrible thing about this match was at no point throughout it did it ever look like the lads thought "We can win this" or "We should be ahead". It reminds me of the players mentality of when they used to face the AIG (tm) Adidas (C) New Zealand All Blacks years ago. They were beaten before they got on to the pitch.

I think this came from the captain
Ryan looked a beaten man from the start

:lol: :lol:

Winnie in heaven
:lol:
Tbf, Itojie has had Ryan in his pocket for a while now. Must be pretty demoralising to take to the pitch in front of the whole world knowing your opposite number could spank you.
Careful now
You don’t want to be seen backing nordies up
User avatar
redderneck
Posts: 15157
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: We'll Never Forget You Geordan D'Arcy

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by redderneck »

He's too nice.

Even Leo FFS, the Curly Wurly head on him, had an edge to him that comes from looking at an ugly fcuker in the mirror every morning when you're shaving and knowing it's only going to get worse. He was by no means a thug, but he got the max out of himself.

Ryan's not doing that. I hope it's the shoulder hangover and hope it's only a matter of time.

Not enthused by the job Easterby is doing. At all.

At all.
User avatar
Flametop
Posts: 17449
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Flametop »

Mullet 2 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:09 pm
Flametop wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:03 pm Have to say that even England’s smaller players smashed our bigger ones.

Limited team but terrific defence both individually and as a unit.
Yeah I do also firmly believe they are juiced to their eyeballs
Team GB. Ahem.
User avatar
feckwanker
Posts: 6912
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by feckwanker »

Mullet 2 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:09 pm
Flametop wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:03 pm Have to say that even England’s smaller players smashed our bigger ones.

Limited team but terrific defence both individually and as a unit.
Yeah I do also firmly believe they are juiced to their eyeballs
Do you honestly believe that we're squeaky clean?

:lol:
User avatar
Flametop
Posts: 17449
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Flametop »

redderneck wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:15 pm He's too nice.

Even Leo FFS, the Curly Wurly head on him, had an edge to him that comes from looking at an ugly fcuker in the mirror every morning when you're shaving and knowing it's only going to get worse. He was by no means a thug, but he got the max out of himself.

Ryan's not doing that. I hope it's the shoulder hangover and hope it's only a matter of time.

Not enthused by the job Easterby is doing. At all.

At all.
This.

Get Neil Best as our forward coach.
User avatar
Flametop
Posts: 17449
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Flametop »

feckwanker wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:18 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:09 pm
Flametop wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:03 pm Have to say that even England’s smaller players smashed our bigger ones.

Limited team but terrific defence both individually and as a unit.
Yeah I do also firmly believe they are juiced to their eyeballs
Do you honestly believe that we're squeaky clean?

:lol:
Are we just shit at juicing as well.

:lol:
Nolanator
Posts: 38537
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Nolanator »

camroc1 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:14 pm I'm more interested to see does Farrell,and therefore the team, learn from todays experience. The new year will tell us.
I'd be pretty confident in hazarding a guess at the answer now.
User avatar
feckwanker
Posts: 6912
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by feckwanker »

redderneck wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:15 pm He's too nice.

Even Leo FFS, the Curly Wurly head on him, had an edge to him that comes from looking at an ugly fcuker in the mirror every morning when you're shaving and knowing it's only going to get worse. He was by no means a thug, but he got the max out of himself.

Ryan's not doing that. I hope it's the shoulder hangover and hope it's only a matter of time.

Not enthused by the job Easterby is doing. At all.

At all.
Yep he's too nice. He needs to learn the dark arts - how to give sly digs in rucks, holding lads on the ground long after the tackle is complete and other such shithousery.
User avatar
Jim Lahey
Posts: 9440
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:29 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Jim Lahey »

camroc1 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:14 pm This was a nothing match in a nothing competition, and Farrell decided on an approach that didn't work.

Doesn't matter a damn in the long run, bar he learns and plans different strategies against England next 6N.

FWIW I think England are busy learning how to run up their own arse, and their approach won't work against France or SA. I also think that refs will be made aware of their 'cuteness' at the breakdown.

I'm more interested to see does Farrell,and therefore the team, learn from todays experience. The new year will tell us.
Farrell hasn’t seemed to have learned from the experiences of being physically beasted by England as an Assistant Coach twice in 2019, and then twice again as Head Coach in 2020. I’m struggling to see any optimism in him making us competitive against them in a couple of months time.
User avatar
Bogbunny
Posts: 4528
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: G W C

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Bogbunny »

feckwanker wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:22 pm
redderneck wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:15 pm He's too nice.

Even Leo FFS, the Curly Wurly head on him, had an edge to him that comes from looking at an ugly fcuker in the mirror every morning when you're shaving and knowing it's only going to get worse. He was by no means a thug, but he got the max out of himself.

Ryan's not doing that. I hope it's the shoulder hangover and hope it's only a matter of time.

Not enthused by the job Easterby is doing. At all.

At all.
Yep he's too nice. He needs to learn the dark arts - how to give sly digs in rucks, holding lads on the ground long after the tackle is complete and other such shithousery.
Don't forget the clapping, yelling and hollering.
User avatar
Flametop
Posts: 17449
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Flametop »

Why was Farrell deemed to deserve to be head coach of Ireland? What had he achieved to merit getting the head coach gig?

Particularly having no head coaching experience to base the decision on.
User avatar
camroc1
Posts: 40943
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by camroc1 »

Farrell has been head coach for a wet week, much of which was spent in Covid lockdown.

I'm not shy about calling out coaches, but I do like to give them a fair chance first.
User avatar
Bogbunny
Posts: 4528
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: G W C

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Bogbunny »

Flametop wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:25 pm Why was Farrell deemed to deserve to be head coach of Ireland? What had he achieved to merit getting the head coach gig?

Particularly having no head coaching experience to base the decision on.
Phillip fukin Browne ????
User avatar
Flametop
Posts: 17449
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Flametop »

camroc1 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:27 pm Farrell has been head coach for a wet week, much of which was spent in Covid lockdown.

I'm not shy about calling out coaches, but I do like to give them a fair chance first.
That’s not the point I raised.
I questioned why he was given the job in the first place.
User avatar
camroc1
Posts: 40943
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by camroc1 »

Flametop wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:29 pm
camroc1 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:27 pm Farrell has been head coach for a wet week, much of which was spent in Covid lockdown.

I'm not shy about calling out coaches, but I do like to give them a fair chance first.
That’s not the point I raised.
I questioned why he was given the job in the first place.
Continuity, for starters.
User avatar
Flametop
Posts: 17449
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Flametop »

Have to say I was surprised by just how fast JGP is.
Bad game aside he was nearly keeping up in the foot race with May.
User avatar
Winnie
Posts: 15859
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Winnie »

Nolanator wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:21 pm
camroc1 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:14 pm I'm more interested to see does Farrell,and therefore the team, learn from todays experience. The new year will tell us.
I'd be pretty confident in hazarding a guess at the answer now.
Well he sat there in Japan and saw us being shit and has changed nothing
User avatar
Flametop
Posts: 17449
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Flametop »

camroc1 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:31 pm
Flametop wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:29 pm
camroc1 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:27 pm Farrell has been head coach for a wet week, much of which was spent in Covid lockdown.

I'm not shy about calling out coaches, but I do like to give them a fair chance first.
That’s not the point I raised.
I questioned why he was given the job in the first place.
Continuity, for starters.
We were shit, we needed change not continuity.
Schmidt was/is Ireland’s most successful coach and he’s brought a few best ever moments but he was a busted flush by the end.
Fruit and Nutt
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:37 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Fruit and Nutt »

Mullet 2 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:09 pm
Flametop wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:03 pm Have to say that even England’s smaller players smashed our bigger ones.

Limited team but terrific defence both individually and as a unit.
Yeah I do also firmly believe they are juiced to their eyeballs

Michelle says hi

Image
User avatar
Flametop
Posts: 17449
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Flametop »

Can she play 10?

*rubs hands together*
User avatar
camroc1
Posts: 40943
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by camroc1 »

I believe she's a barrister these days, so watch what you say.
User avatar
Bogbunny
Posts: 4528
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: G W C

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Bogbunny »

camroc1 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:37 pm I believe she's a barrister these days, so watch what you say.
and just when you thought she couldn't get any lower !! :shock:
User avatar
Winnie
Posts: 15859
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Winnie »

camroc1 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:37 pm I believe she's a barrister these days, so watch what you say.
She was a cheat
She could be the best barrister Ireland ever produced
User avatar
Flametop
Posts: 17449
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Flametop »

It’s a bit ironic after all this time that McGregor makes a fortune pretending piss is whiskey.
User avatar
alliswell
Posts: 10386
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: location, location

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by alliswell »

Flametop wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:36 pm Can she play 10?

*rubs hands together*
With shoulders like that she could play Hooker
User avatar
alliswell
Posts: 10386
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: location, location

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by alliswell »

feckwanker wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:22 pm
redderneck wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:15 pm He's too nice.

Even Leo FFS, the Curly Wurly head on him, had an edge to him that comes from looking at an ugly fcuker in the mirror every morning when you're shaving and knowing it's only going to get worse. He was by no means a thug, but he got the max out of himself.

Ryan's not doing that. I hope it's the shoulder hangover and hope it's only a matter of time.

Not enthused by the job Easterby is doing. At all.

At all.
Yep he's too nice. He needs to learn the dark arts - how to give sly digs in rucks, holding lads on the ground long after the tackle is complete and other such shithousery.
Would be nice. I saw a gif being given the big thumbs up the other day of Itoje getting roughed up by Stander and someone (maybe Ryan) at a ruck. If you looked at it closely though, play was moving on and our two lads were trying to free themselves to follow it. Itoje no doubt delighted to take our two hardest working forwards out of the game for a bit.
Jumper
Posts: 6088
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:24 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Jumper »

Mullet 2 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:57 pm Twice at the end Murray passed flat to Farrell and both times he punched a hole over the gainline.

Like that is really basic stuff.

Big lad, play flay. Like really basic.
That was when Murray took things on himself and began to bypass the empty jersey at 10. It was great leadership from Murray after his introduction.
Jumper
Posts: 6088
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:24 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Jumper »

Flametop wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:31 pm Have to say I was surprised by just how fast JGP is.
Bad game aside he was nearly keeping up in the foot race with May.
Lowe wasn't even arsed to jog back.
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 32972
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by EverReady »

alliswell wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:59 pm
feckwanker wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:22 pm
redderneck wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:15 pm He's too nice.

Even Leo FFS, the Curly Wurly head on him, had an edge to him that comes from looking at an ugly fcuker in the mirror every morning when you're shaving and knowing it's only going to get worse. He was by no means a thug, but he got the max out of himself.

Ryan's not doing that. I hope it's the shoulder hangover and hope it's only a matter of time.

Not enthused by the job Easterby is doing. At all.

At all.
Yep he's too nice. He needs to learn the dark arts - how to give sly digs in rucks, holding lads on the ground long after the tackle is complete and other such shithousery.
Would be nice. I saw a gif being given the big thumbs up the other day of Itoje getting roughed up by Stander and someone (maybe Ryan) at a ruck. If you looked at it closely though, play was moving on and our two lads were trying to free themselves to follow it. Itoje no doubt delighted to take our two hardest working forwards out of the game for a bit.
Without even looking I remember that vividly. It was another Itoje makes a mockery of Irish forwards moment. It was also striking as it was the moment you knew Irish forwards were now playing a different game to the new power one. I say it again but the fact Leinster and Ireland haven't navigated a way towards counter acting it is just shit. As noted earlier imagine we faced the Saffers currently. That would be hilariously bad
User avatar
Mullet 2
Posts: 28825
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Mullet 2 »

feckwanker wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:18 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:09 pm
Flametop wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:03 pm Have to say that even England’s smaller players smashed our bigger ones.

Limited team but terrific defence both individually and as a unit.
Yeah I do also firmly believe they are juiced to their eyeballs
Do you honestly believe that we're squeaky clean?

:lol:
Seems we need a new chemist so
Post Reply