The Official Irish Rugby Thread

All things Rugby
User avatar
lorcanoworms
Posts: 12154
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by lorcanoworms »

Another Max for the blue Magoos they are going to love this on Munsterfans.
User avatar
danthefan
Posts: 23432
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by danthefan »

https://twitter.com/willocallaghan/stat ... 09220?s=19

So all the tests are negative but game still postponed apparently.
Jumper
Posts: 6880
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:24 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Jumper »

Weird. Leinster asking to call off the game despite no positive cases...

Very understanding of Munster to allow the rescheduled game without looking for the 28-0 in return. Hopefully it doesn't cause too congested a fixture schedule in the new year.
User avatar
camroc1
Posts: 43144
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by camroc1 »

IRFU call, not Munster's.

And not unusual that contacts don't get the virus.
User avatar
Mr. Very Popular
Posts: 21456
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Mr. Very Popular »

camroc1 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:18 pm IRFU call, not Munster's.
You know that how?
And more likely it was the Pro 14's call.
User avatar
Mr. Very Popular
Posts: 21456
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Mr. Very Popular »

danthefan wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:51 pm https://twitter.com/willocallaghan/stat ... 09220?s=19

So all the tests are negative but game still postponed apparently.
Sacred shïtless of our young lads, sad really.
User avatar
Jim Lahey
Posts: 9875
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:29 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Jim Lahey »

Jumper wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:59 pm Weird. Leinster asking to call off the game despite no positive cases...

Very understanding of Munster to allow the rescheduled game without looking for the 28-0 in return. Hopefully it doesn't cause too congested a fixture schedule in the new year.
The Leinster Branch didn’t want to send their poor wee lambs down to the slaughter at the hands of the European Champions Elect.

You can’t wrap the lads up in cotton wool forever ffs.
User avatar
DOB
Posts: 20036
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by DOB »

Hellraiser wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:17 pm
Charger21 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:59 pm Why was the Leinster munster match postponed. I see none of the leinster lot tested positive...was it a delay in results or inconclusive results?
Full results of all tests won't be back before the day of the game.
They just announced on Facebook that all tests came back clear. But the game is still postponed.
User avatar
Floppykid
Posts: 32222
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: SOB>Todd

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Floppykid »

DOB wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:25 pm
Hellraiser wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:17 pm
Charger21 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:59 pm Why was the Leinster munster match postponed. I see none of the leinster lot tested positive...was it a delay in results or inconclusive results?
Full results of all tests won't be back before the day of the game.
They just announced on Facebook that all tests came back clear. But the game is still postponed.
That's a balls.
At least there's other rugby on.
User avatar
DOB
Posts: 20036
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by DOB »

Floppykid wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:27 pm
DOB wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:25 pm
Hellraiser wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:17 pm
Charger21 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:59 pm Why was the Leinster munster match postponed. I see none of the leinster lot tested positive...was it a delay in results or inconclusive results?
Full results of all tests won't be back before the day of the game.
They just announced on Facebook that all tests came back clear. But the game is still postponed.
That's a balls.
At least there's other rugby on.
Yeah. But it won’t be Leinstertaining.
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 10394
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Leinsterman »

Much better fun beating the tar out of the hicks in front of their fans. No fun doing it in an empty stadium.

On a more serious note, I doubt any team is exactly relishing playing an English team at the moment, seeing that they're all riddled with Covid over there at the moment.
User avatar
danthefan
Posts: 23432
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by danthefan »

Mr. Very Popular wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:22 pm
danthefan wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:51 pm https://twitter.com/willocallaghan/stat ... 09220?s=19

So all the tests are negative but game still postponed apparently.
Sacred shïtless of our young lads, sad really.
Well yes, Munster are the Euro champs elect so can you blame Leinster?
User avatar
Mr. Very Popular
Posts: 21456
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Mr. Very Popular »

danthefan wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:28 pm
Mr. Very Popular wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:22 pm
danthefan wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:51 pm https://twitter.com/willocallaghan/stat ... 09220?s=19

So all the tests are negative but game still postponed apparently.
Sacred shïtless of our young lads, sad really.
Well yes, Munster are the Euro champs elect so can you blame Leinster?
Well, that is fair enough, if everyone takes this attitude we'll be golden.
User avatar
diarm
Posts: 1999
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by diarm »

Delighted the lads turned down the easy 28 points.

Like taking the scrum off a pen in the 22 when you know you've a foot on their throat, we'll play the fixture whenever the dubs fancy showing up.
User avatar
Conspicuous
Posts: 7446
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Conspicuous »

Happy Christmas folks, hope you all have a peaceful and gluttonous day
User avatar
Hellraiser
Posts: 14867
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Sarnath in the land of Mnar

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Hellraiser »

Coetzee gone to the Bulls. To be confirmed on Monday.
Ulsters Red Hand
Posts: 11556
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Ulsters Red Hand »

Hellraiser wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:38 pm Coetzee gone to the Bulls. To be confirmed on Monday.
Shit news, hopefully we get the financial help Munster have done to replace him though

Happy Christmas you plums :thumbup:
User avatar
earl the beaver
Posts: 52588
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by earl the beaver »

Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:41 pm
Hellraiser wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:38 pm Coetzee gone to the Bulls. To be confirmed on Monday.
Shit news, hopefully we get the financial help Munster have done to replace him though

Happy Christmas you plums :thumbup:
Don't be daft, not a chance we'll get that sort of special treatment. Given he's got another year I guess they're buying him out which will help plus his wages will pay for some quality (or probably not given the cost cutting)
Ulsters Red Hand
Posts: 11556
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Ulsters Red Hand »

earl the beaver wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:11 pm
Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:41 pm
Hellraiser wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:38 pm Coetzee gone to the Bulls. To be confirmed on Monday.
Shit news, hopefully we get the financial help Munster have done to replace him though

Happy Christmas you plums :thumbup:
Don't be daft, not a chance we'll get that sort of special treatment. Given he's got another year I guess they're buying him out which will help plus his wages will pay for some quality (or probably not given the cost cutting)
We are so poor without him, or someone to do the heavy carrying. I would have thought the Glaws game only highlighted it to the IRFU
User avatar
earl the beaver
Posts: 52588
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by earl the beaver »

Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:20 pm
earl the beaver wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:11 pm
Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:41 pm
Hellraiser wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:38 pm Coetzee gone to the Bulls. To be confirmed on Monday.
Shit news, hopefully we get the financial help Munster have done to replace him though

Happy Christmas you plums :thumbup:
Don't be daft, not a chance we'll get that sort of special treatment. Given he's got another year I guess they're buying him out which will help plus his wages will pay for some quality (or probably not given the cost cutting)
We are so poor without him, or someone to do the heavy carrying. I would have thought the Glaws game only highlighted it to the IRFU
And? They're cutting costs and they've already forked out shit loads bailing Munster out and can't back out. Its easy for them to spin less funding for Ulster due to Covid/Brexit and ultimately they don't care as much about Ulster.
Jumper
Posts: 6880
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:24 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Jumper »

Coetzee will be a huge huge loss for Ulster. He's a level above anyone else in the squad and leaves Henderson as their only international-quality forward.

The IRFU may send another few bodies North this summer.
User avatar
Willie Falloon
Posts: 9607
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Willie Falloon »

Jumper wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:45 am Coetzee will be a huge huge loss for Ulster. He's a level above anyone else in the squad and leaves Henderson as their only international-quality forward.

The IRFU may send another few bodies North this summer.
Herring is the best hooker in the country
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 39619
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Duff Paddy »

earl the beaver wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:03 am
Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:20 pm
earl the beaver wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:11 pm
Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:41 pm
Hellraiser wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:38 pm Coetzee gone to the Bulls. To be confirmed on Monday.
Shit news, hopefully we get the financial help Munster have done to replace him though

Happy Christmas you plums :thumbup:
Don't be daft, not a chance we'll get that sort of special treatment. Given he's got another year I guess they're buying him out which will help plus his wages will pay for some quality (or probably not given the cost cutting)
We are so poor without him, or someone to do the heavy carrying. I would have thought the Glaws game only highlighted it to the IRFU
And? They're cutting costs and they've already forked out shit loads bailing Munster out and can't back out. Its easy for them to spin less funding for Ulster due to Covid/Brexit and ultimately they don't care as much about Ulster.
You are some gobshite
User avatar
Jim Lahey
Posts: 9875
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:29 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Jim Lahey »

Aye we are proper f**ked.
Could be a grim few years ahead as Coetzee papered over so many cracks in our pack.
If we are going to be shite for a while then so be it, but if we continue down road of bringing in journeymen and Leinster rejects instead of throwing locally-born academy forwards into the deep end then it will be really disappointing.
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 36201
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by EverReady »

Who was posting over the last day? Prods that's who and that is why baby Jesus and Uncle Joe loves us more. Now to the day of St Stephen another martyr to the cause. God bless lads.
User avatar
feckwanker
Posts: 7835
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by feckwanker »

earl the beaver wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:03 am
Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:20 pm
earl the beaver wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:11 pm
Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:41 pm
Hellraiser wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:38 pm Coetzee gone to the Bulls. To be confirmed on Monday.
Shit news, hopefully we get the financial help Munster have done to replace him though

Happy Christmas you plums :thumbup:
Don't be daft, not a chance we'll get that sort of special treatment. Given he's got another year I guess they're buying him out which will help plus his wages will pay for some quality (or probably not given the cost cutting)
We are so poor without him, or someone to do the heavy carrying. I would have thought the Glaws game only highlighted it to the IRFU
And? They're cutting costs and they've already forked out shit loads bailing Munster out and can't back out. Its easy for them to spin less funding for Ulster due to Covid/Brexit and ultimately they don't care as much about Ulster.
:lol:
Why would you say that??
User avatar
earl the beaver
Posts: 52588
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by earl the beaver »

Say what? The IRFU need to save money, Coetzee off the books is a decent whack and easily spun as a problem due to Covid/Brexit and the fall out won't be as bad as if they had one of Munster's high paid NIQs leaving early because largely Ulster is in a different country and covered by different media than the rest, they've shown plenty of times that Ulster arent as important to them as the other provinces.
User avatar
Hellraiser
Posts: 14867
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Sarnath in the land of Mnar

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Hellraiser »

earl the beaver wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:59 am Say what? The IRFU need to save money, Coetzee off the books is a decent whack and easily spun as a problem due to Covid/Brexit and the fall out won't be as bad as if they had one of Munster's high paid NIQs leaving early because largely Ulster is in a different country and covered by different media than the rest, they've shown plenty of times that Ulster arent as important to them as the other provinces.
Are you still drunk? Muller, Pienaar, Wannenberg?
User avatar
danthefan
Posts: 23432
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by danthefan »

Afoa, Coetzee himself ffs.

Has it dawned that maybe he just wants to go back to the Bulls? You don't move back to a Saffer team for the money.
User avatar
Zico
Posts: 8135
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Zico »

The IRFU have been very good at providing support when provinces ask for it.

If Coetzee is leaving then Ulster will need to replace him and the IRFU will do their bit.

It's up to Ulster to bring in the kind of player they need.
Ulsters Red Hand
Posts: 11556
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Ulsters Red Hand »

danthefan wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:13 pm Afoa, Coetzee himself ffs.

Has it dawned that maybe he just wants to go back to the Bulls? You don't move back to a Saffer team for the money.
It’s quite well known that the Bulls are bankrolled externally by loaded businessmen

He’s gone for a better crack at the Lions but also for the money, which is a shame given all the talk of loyalty on the podcast he was on, he’s leaving after 2 good seasons off the back of a potentially undeserved contract renewal
Ulsters Red Hand
Posts: 11556
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Ulsters Red Hand »

Zico wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:18 pm The IRFU have been very good at providing support when provinces ask for it.

If Coetzee is leaving then Ulster will need to replace him and the IRFU will do their bit.

It's up to Ulster to bring in the kind of player they need.
We should have been getting mad dog off the books first. He’s a luxury we may not be able to afford and he’s holding back some home grown quality at 10
User avatar
Mr. Very Popular
Posts: 21456
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Mr. Very Popular »

earl the beaver wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:59 am Say what? The IRFU need to save money, Coetzee off the books is a decent whack and easily spun as a problem due to Covid/Brexit and the fall out won't be as bad as if they had one of Munster's high paid NIQs leaving early because largely Ulster is in a different country and covered by different media than the rest, they've shown plenty of times that Ulster arent as important to them as the other provinces.
That's a fair big chip you're cultivating there, we've had plenty of big names come and go and the most annoyed any Munster fan has been was when Ryan went, so wind your neck in a bit.
User avatar
earl the beaver
Posts: 52588
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by earl the beaver »

Hellraiser wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:03 pm
earl the beaver wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:59 am Say what? The IRFU need to save money, Coetzee off the books is a decent whack and easily spun as a problem due to Covid/Brexit and the fall out won't be as bad as if they had one of Munster's high paid NIQs leaving early because largely Ulster is in a different country and covered by different media than the rest, they've shown plenty of times that Ulster arent as important to them as the other provinces.
Are you still drunk? Muller, Pienaar, Wannenberg?
They signed for Ulster over a decade ago ffs and Wannenberg was cheap as chips as he was a last minute signing following Rush pulling out and Wannenberg coming off the back of admitting he had a drug problem in SA and the Bulls not renewing his contract.

What I'm saying is that right now the IRFU can't afford to shell a load of money on NIQs for Ulster because they've already done that for Munster and their financials have dived with covid, it's much easier for them to let Ulster lose Coetzee and not replace him and say it's a Brexit/covid issue that they can't replace him than it is to say to Munster you need to lose someone to let Ulster sign a replacement.
User avatar
Jim Lahey
Posts: 9875
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:29 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Jim Lahey »

Fairly shite looking Ulster team.
No Marcus Rea or McCann, again. Not sure what is up with these young lads not getting shots given the state of the backrow that we are starting with.
Who is B Moxham?
User avatar
Cartman
Posts: 7846
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Cartman »

danthefan wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:13 pm Afoa, Coetzee himself ffs.

Has it dawned that maybe he just wants to go back to the Bulls? You don't move back to a Saffer team for the money.
Not "back"
He played for the Sharks not the Bulls previously
User avatar
Conspicuous
Posts: 7446
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Conspicuous »

Jim Lahey wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:06 pm Fairly shite looking Ulster team.
No Marcus Rea or McCann, again. Not sure what is up with these young lads not getting shots given the state of the backrow that we are starting with.
Who is B Moxham?
He’s a winger who played for Ireland u20’s earlier this year
User avatar
lorcanoworms
Posts: 12154
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by lorcanoworms »

Then you have Charles Piutau and that Saffer 9 who's name escapes me.
Last edited by lorcanoworms on Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 62807
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by CM11 »

Earl, just stop. Ulster have been helped out loads over the years and it's never enough for you. If there is a bias it's down to shit lobbying by Ulster, not because of the fúcking media, for christsake.
User avatar
earl the beaver
Posts: 52588
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by earl the beaver »

Jim Lahey wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:06 pm Fairly shite looking Ulster team.
No Marcus Rea or McCann, again. Not sure what is up with these young lads not getting shots given the state of the backrow that we are starting with.
Who is B Moxham?
As I said earlier in the week it looked like we were going to send a weaker team and hope the injured players are back for Munster and Leinster.

Agreed that it's disappointing about the young backrows.
Post Reply