ex-POTUS DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

All things Rugby
Mick Mannock

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Mick Mannock »

BokJock wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:47 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:56 pm
BokJock wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:51 pm Everytime I see Mick has post on here, I immediately check in on the thread in excited anticipation that he has posted "the kraken of evidence"....

...alas...

...but I'm sure it will be any day now.
Did I ever write that I would?
Sorry mate, had you confused with someone claiming massive voter fraud and a stolen election.

Clearly mistaken. I therefore rescind my statement much like a lying coward would rescind a flounce bet.
Lying coward, you say.

That must be you.
What was my bet?
Ask feckwanker.
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

We all know what the bet was.
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

Santa wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:05 pm The question is where is this one going to lead?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/beijings-b ... yfCCoKdTH3
What do Eric Swalwell and Hunter Biden have in common?

Both are highly connected, Mr. Swalwell as a member of the House Intelligence Committee and Mr. Biden as the son of the incoming president. Both have made news for their dealings with China, Mr. Swalwell for his relationship with a Chinese spy named Christine Fang, and Mr. Biden for business deals made with enterprises connected to the Chinese Communist Party. Both also benefit from a U.S. press corps uninterested in getting to the bottom of their stories.

When the New York Post published emails in October raising doubts about Joe Biden’s claims he’d never discussed his son’s business dealings, many dismissed the story as “Russian disinformation”—and some suppressed it. As for Mr. Swalwell’s China connection, the New York Times still refuses even to mention it.
I'd say let justice run its course. I just hope Biden will have the dignity not to fight every subpoena in court to prove himself a better human being than Trump. And that he will not invoke Executive Priviledge if he is subpoenaed by Congress. And finally, that, if there are sufficient proofs gathered against him that he is not fit to be the President of the USA, his party will vote alongside the Republicans to remove him from power or that he will resign before being impeached.

Do I have much faith in this? Not too much sadly though I hope there will be a reaction from all sides of the political spectrum and media after the 4 years we have been through.

The US problem is not just a US phenomenon unlike what some of the xenophobic posters on here would like to believe. Everywhere in Democracies, people are losing faith in the politicians and listening more and more to the Populists who come up with punchy lines and promises of better days under their leadership. People seek to punish those who have shared power so far and look for someone with a different profile who could shake the establishment.

Politicians have a huge responsibility in this, too often putting party - or actually power- before country and for some of them, themselves before anything else to corrupt extents. Median share the blame too, in the way they handle the news to sell more (remember they are businesses and need to earn a living). And ourselves as well, forgetting lessons from history, being intellectually lazy, not willing to involve ourselves in public service but being happy to blame others for their failures etc...

I just hope some role model will emerge. I was hoping Macron would be one, but he, too, seems to love power too much for steering the country with only his fellow citizens in mind.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

BokJock wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:58 pm We all know what the bet was.
I am not sure you do.
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

TheFrog wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:03 pm
Santa wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:05 pm The question is where is this one going to lead?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/beijings-b ... yfCCoKdTH3
What do Eric Swalwell and Hunter Biden have in common?

Both are highly connected, Mr. Swalwell as a member of the House Intelligence Committee and Mr. Biden as the son of the incoming president. Both have made news for their dealings with China, Mr. Swalwell for his relationship with a Chinese spy named Christine Fang, and Mr. Biden for business deals made with enterprises connected to the Chinese Communist Party. Both also benefit from a U.S. press corps uninterested in getting to the bottom of their stories.

When the New York Post published emails in October raising doubts about Joe Biden’s claims he’d never discussed his son’s business dealings, many dismissed the story as “Russian disinformation”—and some suppressed it. As for Mr. Swalwell’s China connection, the New York Times still refuses even to mention it.
I'd say let justice run its course. I just hope Biden will have the dignity not to fight every subpoena in court to prove himself a better human being than Trump. And that he will not invoke Executive Priviledge if he is subpoenaed by Congress. And finally, that, if there are sufficient proofs gathered against him that he is not fit to be the President of the USA, his party will vote alongside the Republicans to remove him from power or that he will resign before being impeached.

Do I have much faith in this? Not too much sadly though I hope there will be a reaction from all sides of the political spectrum and media after the 4 years we have been through.

The US problem is not just a US phenomenon unlike what some of the xenophobic posters on here would like to believe. Everywhere in Democracies, people are losing faith in the politicians and listening more and more to the Populists who come up with punchy lines and promises of better days under their leadership. People seek to punish those who have shared power so far and look for someone with a different profile who could shake the establishment.

Politicians have a huge responsibility in this, too often putting party - or actually power- before country and for some of them, themselves before anything else to corrupt extents. Median share the blame too, in the way they handle the news to sell more (remember they are businesses and need to earn a living). And ourselves as well, forgetting lessons from history, being intellectually lazy, not willing to involve ourselves in public service but being happy to blame others for their failures etc...

I just hope some role model will emerge. I was hoping Macron would be one, but he, too, seems to love power too much for steering the country with only his fellow citizens in mind.
Just to complement that post, I would also say that it would be incredibly difficult for any high level politician to run for the top job without having someone going after him / her for some dealings that could be considered suspect. Indeed, at their level of responsibility and business relationships, they are all bound to have met with some dodgy characters, been on the sidelines of suspicious deals etc...

This is where it is incredibly important that countries manage an independent justice system that can inquire into the depth of these affairs and sort out the truth from the fantaisies. This is the number one challenge of democracies these days. The day citizens feel that everybody is equal in front of the judges, confidence in the politicians will be restored. In the US, the justice system is too often used as a political weapon. This twists its role and purpose in a wrong way, in my opinion and leads to what we have seen happening for both Trump and Biden.

I reckon the USA should also implement strong anti-defamation laws, and well as laws against people who spread lies. There should be a legal obligation on any person using the media, including internet media, to verify their information before spreading it, or to use language warning the potential readers that the information is not verified and that the statement made reflect the belief of the person making this statement but that this person has no ground to confirm that his/her beliefs are actually factually true.

And the more powerful or influential the person is, the higher the penalty should be.
The Optimist

Post by The Optimist »

Whatever

Post by Whatever »

Santa and Mick stinking up the fred again.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, the Senate is in session now and Schumer officially asking McConnell to consider the $2000 stimulus cheque. McConnell objects. So now we know.

Defence Bill will be debated tomorrow. Bernie to filibuster?

Post by 4071 »

Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:49 pm I thought statues were fair game.
No, you didn't.

Or at least I hope you didn't. Because if you thought that the whole thing about taking down statues was simply an attack on the concept of statues, then you're an even bigger fucking simpleton than you have previously come across as. So you're either so fucking stupid that you probably shouldn't be trusted on your own with scissors, or you're smart enough to be dishonestly pretending not understand what the issue was, like the lying piece of shit you are.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're smart enough that you are being dishonest in this case.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

4071 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:36 pm
No, you didn't.

Or at least I hope you didn't. Because if you thought that the whole thing about taking down statues was simply an attack on the concept of statues, then you're an even bigger fucking simpleton than you have previously come across as. So you're either so fucking stupid that you probably shouldn't be trusted on your own with scissors, or you're smart enough to be dishonestly pretending not understand what the issue was, like the lying piece of shit you are.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're smart enough that you are being dishonest in this case.
Stop being such a bore. You really are a bore. A dull, boring bore.
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

Mick Mannock wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:21 pm "I don't know how Afghanistan has more secure elections than Pennsylvania"

"This is disgusting to me"

"We are not going to let it stand."
Yes, 4071, I think you are right to give the benefit of the doubt to Mick. I thought he was dumb but I now accept I was wrong. Above an example of his way of acting. He quotes others, then when you hold him to it, he escapes saying where did I ever say I agreed with this?

His tactics are about echoing others' lies and not accepting any responsibility for it.

Wonder if he is not a trained Iranian agent really.
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

Mick Mannock wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:39 pm
Derwyn wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:30 pm
"So they denied they did, but as of today, 47 USB Cards are *MISSING* and they are NOWHERE TO BE FOUND."

"They didn't update the vote live-time... I demanded they upload the result so I can see what the result was. And it was 50,000 VOTES."
A good witness.

Apparently, when you quote a witness, it makes you stupid.

I would wager that guy is more intelligent than the person who just insulted you.
Though, sometimes he got carried away and expressed his personal opinion.

But now, he wouldn't acknowledge that he ever directly supported the conspiracy theorists' views and claims.

He only called the source "a good witness" but that doesn't mean he believed the in the German servers fantaisy.

Post by 4071 »

TheFrog wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:49 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:21 pm "I don't know how Afghanistan has more secure elections than Pennsylvania"

Yes, 4071, I think you are right to give the benefit of the doubt to Mick. I thought he was dumb but I now accept I was wrong. Above an example of his way of acting. He quotes others, then when you hold him to it, he escapes saying where did I ever say I agreed with this?

His tactics are about echoing others' lies and not accepting any responsibility for it.

Oh, he's dumb as well. Obviously. Just not quite as phenomenally stupid as he sometimes pretends to be.
flaggETERNAL

Post by flaggETERNAL »

Yeah because the statue of some long dead racist is exactly the same as one of an innocent woman killed by police. I thought you right wing twunts were all about context and nuance?
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

Well said Frog, at least Derwyn owns it.

Mick is a lying coward.

I've seen it being said by quite a few people that he is a Nazi and a racist.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

Once her boyfriend started firing, the police should have taken a time out and gone and got some donuts and worked on their Pride March dance moves.
flaggETERNAL

Post by flaggETERNAL »

fatcat wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:05 pm Once her boyfriend started firing, the police should have taken a time out and gone and got some donuts and worked on their Pride March dance moves.
So she deserved to die because of her boyfriends actions?
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

You are genuinely weird.
Am I no longer permitted to quote what other people have said in your control-freak world?
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

BokJock wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:02 pm Well said Frog, at least Derwyn owns it.

Mick is a lying coward.

I've seen it being said by quite a few people that he is a Nazi and a racist.
You cannot even admit to knowing what this wager I made actually is.
You are a snivelling wretch of a human being.
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

fatcat wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:05 pm Once her boyfriend started firing, the police should have taken a time out and gone and got some donuts and worked on their Pride March dance moves.
That is the not the point here. Unless your point is that this is justification enough for her statue to be degraded...

You're not doing yourself any favor here Fatcat. We are not discussing the legitimacy of the police action, which by the way has been settled in court.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

4071 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:00 pm

Oh, he's dumb as well. Obviously. Just not quite as phenomenally stupid as he sometimes pretends to be.
Whereas you clearly are.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Do you wonder that because you are phenomenally stupid?
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

flaggETERNAL wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:08 pm
Of course, and therefore it is the same when you deface her statue as when you deface people who defended slavery.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

flaggETERNAL wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:08 pm
Of course not, but you mentioned nuance and context, though I guess it's only RW twunts who should consider them.
Whatever

Post by Whatever »

fonzeee wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:32 am
Whatever wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:57 am I'm just hoping for a couple of Senate Republicans to break ranks and side with Trump, to really make Mitch even more miserable than he already is.
Josh Hawley has been pushing for it for awhile so obviously he's on board. Rubio has said he will, too. Still need at least ten more though.
Reporting that as well as Hawley and Rubio, the 2 Georgians are in favour of $2000, as is Lindsay Graham, who appeared on Trump's golf course a few days ago. Wonder if there is any more?

One 'expert' said that McConnell is stalling while he crunches the numbers, but I would have thought he would have prepared by doing a phone around before all this.
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:15 pm

Do you wonder that because you are phenomenally stupid?
Calm down Mick - it'll all be over soon.
puku

Post by puku »

Whatever wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:21 pm
Whatever wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:57 am I'm just hoping for a couple of Senate Republicans to break ranks and side with Trump, to really make Mitch even more miserable than he already is.
Josh Hawley has been pushing for it for awhile so obviously he's on board. Rubio has said he will, too. Still need at least ten more though.
Reporting that as well as Hawley and Rubio, the 2 Georgians are in favour of $2000, as is Lindsay Graham, who appeared on Trump's golf course a few days ago. Wonder if there is any more?

One 'expert' said that McConnell is stalling while he crunches the numbers, but I would have thought he would have prepared by doing a phone around before all this.
Why does this particular bill require more than a simple majority to pass in the Senate? Pelosi set it up this way in the House, but does this mean it has to pass in a similar fashion in the Senate or is it due to the type of bill that it is? Maybe FR can chip in here.

Politically I can see one reason as to why Pelosi set it up that way ie to drive a wedge between the republicans and flush out the two factions of the party. But if her thinking was to expose Loeffler and Purdue, that seems to have backfired if they indeed vote for it.

Of course all this would be moot if Trump hadn't opened up this opportunity for the Dems in the first place. School boy mistake.
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

puku wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:38 pm
Whatever wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:21 pm

Why does this particular bill require more than a simple majority to pass in the Senate? Pelosi set it up this way in the House, but does this mean it has to pass in a similar fashion in the Senate or is it due to the type of bill that it is? Maybe FR can chip in here.

Politically I can see one reason as to why Pelosi set it up that way ie to drive a wedge between the republicans and flush out the two factions of the party. But if her thinking was to expose Loeffler and Purdue, that seems to have backfired if they indeed vote for it.

Of course all this would be moot if Trump hadn't opened up this opportunity for the Dems in the first place. School boy mistake.
Even if Loeffler And Perdue vote for it - but it is defeated by Republicans voting against it - it's still very damaging to them on the Republican ticket - Vote for them you keep the Republicans in power and have no chance of geting the sort of help you hope for.
puku

Post by puku »

A little further reading on the $2000 stimulus check bill, suggests that to get 60 senators voting in favor would bypass a fillibuster and then if could go to a simple yes/no vote. Of course notwithstanding the fact that Mitch Mc may not bring it up for the vote in any case.
Whatever

Post by Whatever »

puku wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:50 pm A little further reading on the $2000 stimulus check bill, suggests that to get 60 senators voting in favor would bypass a fillibuster and then if could go to a simple yes/no vote. Of course notwithstanding the fact that Mitch Mc may not bring it up for the vote in any case.
It's the following Defence Bill, not the Stimulus, that Bernie is threatening to filibuster. I look forward to hearing Bernie's stories about his childhood years.

Are some Reps setting out to filibuster the Stimulus too, should it go forward?
DOB

Post by DOB »

message #2527204 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:17 pm
Mr. Biden for business deals made with enterprises connected to the Chinese Communist Party.
TBF it's hard to have business deals in China with enterprises that don't have connections to the CCP
They wouldn’t really be Communists otherwise, would they?
DOB

Post by DOB »

Well, maybe donuts first, then kick the door in.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Trump 3x more admired than Biden.
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:32 pm Trump 3x more admired than Biden.
I wonder what the ratio would be for most hated American?
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

BokJock wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:43 pm
I wonder who is the most one horse pony
puku

Post by puku »

At the end of the day, all Trump ever wanted to be was to be loved and admired. He is one screwed up individual.

BTW Mick, if you or Merry want some of these...

I can sort you out
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

Why won't the cvnt fudge off? Is he holding out for some sort of popular armed uprising?
Whatever

Post by Whatever »

puku wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:02 pm
At the end of the day, all Trump ever wanted to be was to be loved and admired. He is one screwed up individual.

BTW Mick, if you or Merry want some of these...

I can sort you out
Even better, a Trumpy Bear for them: https://trumpybearam.com/product/trumpy ... ave+%2415)

I got this for my gf, she loves it.

flaggETERNAL

Post by flaggETERNAL »

Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:45 pm
BokJock wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:43 pm
I wonder who is the most one horse pony
The. Fcuking. Ironing.
Short Man Syndrome

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

“Bear... person... man... woman... camera”
shanky

Post by shanky »

Maybe, but look who he’s being admired by. :dead:

I’ll take a pass, thanks.
:lol: