Anonymous 1

Re: Kane Williamson is a selfish prick

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Monkey Magic wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:45 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:38 am
Monkey Magic wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:29 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:03 am
jdogscoop wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:04 am

Oh dear, that is devastating to Anon's case.
Winning test matches away from home is something all teams find difficult. The Windies and Pakistan are going to struggle in New Zealand. The Windies because they are just
shit and Pakistan will struggle with the bounce.
Pakistan have won 2 lost 16 and drew a couple of away test matches recently. If you really think these two two getting bowled out twice means these are not roads then carry on
How do you explain England's innings loss here last summer?

Why do I feel like I should spit out the bait?
Good performance by you guys in the first test and rubbish from England. Although once acclimatised I think the second test was more indicative of what would have happened in a long series.
I think it's best to judge over a longer period though
Same reasoning for the previous tour in 2018 where England lost the first test by an innings?
Most probably. I know it's big moan that when England tour the smaller countries they don't have proper warmups or long enough series.

Recipe for disaster if the minnow has a decent side
Monkey Magic

Post by Monkey Magic »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:11 am
Monkey Magic wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:45 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:38 am
Monkey Magic wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:29 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:03 am
Winning test matches away from home is something all teams find difficult. The Windies and Pakistan are going to struggle in New Zealand. The Windies because they are just
shit and Pakistan will struggle with the bounce.
Pakistan have won 2 lost 16 and drew a couple of away test matches recently. If you really think these two two getting bowled out twice means these are not roads then carry on
How do you explain England's innings loss here last summer?

Why do I feel like I should spit out the bait?
Good performance by you guys in the first test and rubbish from England. Although once acclimatised I think the second test was more indicative of what would have happened in a long series.
I think it's best to judge over a longer period though
Same reasoning for the previous tour in 2018 where England lost the first test by an innings?
Most probably. I know it's big moan that when England tour the smaller countries they don't have proper warmups or long enough series.
How hard is it to acclimatize to a road?
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

Let him be Magic Monkey. We have to accept that the England & Wales composite side are part of the big three. We need to console ourselves in our number one position, in the knowledge that money can’t buy results and with the certainty that Jimmy Anderson is a solid but not spectacular bowler.
koroke hangareka

Post by koroke hangareka »

Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:56 am Anon has always trolled us Kiwis about cricket. Certainly since I first joined this forum back in 2005. And for years he's gotten great value for his trolling, because the Black Cap's have been shit and we have been defensive. Now that the Black Caps are the best test team in the world we shouldn't be reacting to his trolling as much.
NZ cricket must be getting good. Within 3 posts we have a South African and an Australian saying, "us kiwis".
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

koroke hangareka wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:41 pm
Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:56 am Anon has always trolled us Kiwis about cricket. Certainly since I first joined this forum back in 2005. And for years he's gotten great value for his trolling, because the Black Cap's have been shit and we have been defensive. Now that the Black Caps are the best test team in the world we shouldn't be reacting to his trolling as much.
NZ cricket must be getting good. Within 3 posts we have a South African and an Australian saying, "us kiwis".
Not forgetting the craps are my second favourite team and Williamson has been my favourite batsman since his first innings. Plus there was the time I urged you all to take 50/1 on the Craps batting for 2 days on a kiwi road to get a draw against India. Then I was back urging you to get on at 33/1 and again at 25/1. Brenda did us proud.

Good Times my fellow crappers
True Blue

Post by True Blue »

Us kiwis are getting too uppity it seems. We should know our place.
Monkey Magic

Post by Monkey Magic »

:nod:
JB1981 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:32 am Let him be Magic Monkey. We have to accept that the England & Wales composite side are part of the big three. We need to console ourselves in our number one position, in the knowledge that money can’t buy results and with the certainty that Jimmy Anderson is a solid but not spectacular bowler.
Oh come on I still needed to ask him given the need to get acclimatised and the crapness of the west indies, how the England vs WI series in England started out last year...

I do get that our number 1 ranking is similar to India getting a few years ago when they played 90% if their matches at home. But the fact we are even close in tests and still one of the best one day teams is pretty incredible, even Cairns wouldn't have put money on it 10 years ago.Wasn't that long ago we were out for 45 in south Africa, and when it happened it was entirely predictable
Salient

Post by Salient »

We accept all lifestyles Bro :nod:
Eugenius

Post by Eugenius »

Just as long as said lifestyles include playing good cricket .

We need the player numbers !
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

I really do hope you’re not referring to me as a South African, how would you feel if I called you an Australian :x
As I’ve lived here for the last 16 years and my only passport is a Kiwi one, it’s us Kiwis, until the rugby is on of course :P
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

jambanja wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:44 pm
I really do hope you’re not referring to me as a South African, how would you feel if I called you an Australian :x
As I’ve lived here for the last 16 years and my only passport is a Kiwi one, it’s us Kiwis, until the rugby is on of course :P
Then it's what, Zimbabwe?
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:17 am Another decent comeback from Pakistan after their top order let them down yet again. It's another kiwi road so the craps should have no trouble getting 500+.
Definitely not a road. Just a lucky guess :lol: :lol: :lol:
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:11 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:17 am Another decent comeback from Pakistan after their top order let them down yet again. It's another kiwi road so the craps should have no trouble getting 500+.
Why is it only a road when NZ is batting, Pakistan’s 297 wasn’t very impressive, did someone forget to tell them it’s a road
Monkey Magic

Post by Monkey Magic »

jambanja wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:15 am
Why is it only a road when NZ is batting, Pakistan’s 297 wasn’t very impressive, did someone forget to tell them it’s a road
Is it still a road if the people scoring the runs have been given 3 or 4 chances by the bowling team? At 80/4 would we have gone from it being a road to a country lane? If both Nicholls and Williamson had been taken under 100 would it be downgraded to an avenue?
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Got to admit I did think that most cricket fans knew pitches in Pakistan are lifeless and lack bounce. Pakistani batsmen therefore struggle away from home with bounce especially against tall bowlers. I thought this was well known. Clearly not.
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:42 am
Got to admit I did think that most cricket fans knew pitches in Pakistan are lifeless and lack bounce. Pakistani batsmen therefore struggle away from home with bounce especially against tall bowlers. I thought this was well known. Clearly not.
But not in Session 3 on Day 3, right?
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

I thought that most cricket fans knew that Pakistan play all their cricket away from home
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

jambanja wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:19 am
I thought that most cricket fans knew that Pakistan play all their cricket away from home
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

200 up for Williamson.
Ghost-Of-Nepia

Post by Ghost-Of-Nepia »

JB1981 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:35 am 200 up for Williamson.
The selfish prick.
Monkey Magic

Post by Monkey Magic »

As good as Williamson has been. Pakistan have given up 60 extras and given up what 8 chances if you include the no ball wicket?

If they'd taken their chances you'd expect the game would be pretty much level pegging or Pakistan ahead after the first innings
brat

Post by brat »

Tehui wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:32 am
brat wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:22 am
Tehui wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:56 am What batting position(s) has Conway played most of his first class cricket? Genuine question.
He bats at 3 for the firebirds but could easily open as he has the technique- he could pretty much bat anywhere in the top order if required
If his form is good enough to warrant selection in the first XI, where would you put him in the batting order? It sounds like his best position would be to open the batting alongside Latham.
As I stated previously I think he could replace blundell as an opener, although blundell has a long career ahead of him as the replacement keeper when watling goes - but not as an opener

My preference would have been to replace Nichols but because of the abysmal Pakistani and windies fielding nicols has had some good scores to keep him in the first 11..I still think he’s suspect vs good bowling

Last option would be if Taylor if he gets injured

So atm not many viable options- will have to keep piling on the runs -probably in the odi squad next
brat

Post by brat »

Monkey Magic wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:49 am As good as Williamson has been. Pakistan have given up 60 extras and given up what 8 chances if you include the no ball wicket?

If they'd taken their chances you'd expect the game would be pretty much level pegging or Pakistan ahead after the first innings
Yeh everything that happens here has to be tempered with how poor the Pakistanis have been.. and the windies for that matter

we saw how poor we were vs good opposition In Australia last year- including Kane
Tehui

Post by Tehui »

brat wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:15 am
Tehui wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:32 am
brat wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:22 am
Tehui wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:56 am What batting position(s) has Conway played most of his first class cricket? Genuine question.
He bats at 3 for the firebirds but could easily open as he has the technique- he could pretty much bat anywhere in the top order if required
If his form is good enough to warrant selection in the first XI, where would you put him in the batting order? It sounds like his best position would be to open the batting alongside Latham.
As I stated previously I think he could replace blundell as an opener, although blundell has a long career ahead of him as the replacement keeper when watling goes - but not as an opener

My preference would have been to replace Nichols but because of the abysmal Pakistani and windies fielding nicols has had some good scores to keep him in the first 11..I still think he’s suspect vs good bowling

Last option would be if Taylor if he gets injured

So atm not many viable options- will have to keep piling on the runs -probably in the odi squad next
Agree with you.
Jerome Manning

Post by Jerome Manning »

Hundred for Mitchell. NZ declares.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

KW waits for Mitchell to get his maiden ton before declaring.

The selfish bugger. :uhoh:
brat

Post by brat »

Wonder what's going to happen when CDG is fit

Hes the incumbent and has played well but both Jamieson and now mitchell have taken their chances

Jamieson has to be a definite starter now so I guess CDG might get the nod over mitchell with his probable better bowling

Gets even more complicated when we want a spinner to play .. although santner is not a test quality bowler despite the first test

Either way it's good times for Nz cricket with so much depth
Tehui

Post by Tehui »

Somebody educate me and tell me who NZ's current best spin bowlers are. I've been away from the game for too long.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

brat wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:41 am Wonder what's going to happen when CDG is fit

Hes the incumbent and has played well but both Jamieson and now mitchell have taken their chances

Jamieson has to be a definite starter now so I guess CDG might get the nod over mitchell with his probable better bowling

Gets even more complicated when we want a spinner to play .. although santner is not a test quality bowler despite the first test

I'm not sure any team needs two all-rounders. So I'm not sure how CDG plays in the same XI as Jamieson? Unless the NZ selectors want to pick Jamieson as a bowler who can score runs batting at no.8? .
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

Tehui wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:48 am Somebody educate me and tell me who NZ's current best spin bowlers are. I've been away from the game for too long.
If you can bowl spin you’d be top three or four.

Ajaz Patel would have been in the squad if fit. Santner is Santner - more left arm slow than spin. Sodhi seems to be going down the T20 specialist path and Astle, who could have a case to be the best option, has retired from Test/first-class cricket. I don’t know if we have anyone else coming through.
Monkey Magic

Post by Monkey Magic »

JB1981 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:23 am
Tehui wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:48 am Somebody educate me and tell me who NZ's current best spin bowlers are. I've been away from the game for too long.

Ajaz Patel would have been in the squad if fit. Santner is Santner - more left arm slow than spin. Sodhi seems to be going down the T20 specialist path and Astle, who could have a case to be the best option, has retired from Test/first-class cricket. I don’t know if we have anyone else coming through.
It still astounds me that we won a series in the uae. Think sommerville is still kicking about for auckland-
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Loved this paragraph in the NZH about Williamson's 7000 milestone
Achieving it in his 144th innings means only 12 batsmen in the history of the game did it quicker, a who's who of 11 of the greatest to have ever graced the crease, and Matthew Hayden.
brat

Post by brat »

Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:16 am
brat wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:41 am Wonder what's going to happen when CDG is fit

I'm not sure any team needs two all-rounders. So I'm not sure how CDG plays in the same XI as Jamieson? Unless the NZ selectors want to pick Jamieson as a bowler who can score runs batting at no.8? .
Yeh that's exactly what they did for this test..you could say they picked 2 all rounders for this test or one depending on how you classify Jamieson..atm he's a bowler who can bat a bit at 8

You could to a straight swap mitchell for CDG

I guess it will evolve as Kjs career evolves they might move him up the order

In the meantime he's arguably our best bowler atm..he was superb tonight with the ball
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

I hear Kane Williamson has overtaken Bradman in some stat. Anyone know what it is?
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

brat wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:30 am Yeh that's exactly what they did for this test..you could say they picked 2 all rounders for this test or one depending on how you classify Jamieson..atm he's a bowler who can bat a bit at 8

You could to a straight swap mitchell for CDG

I guess it will evolve as Kjs career evolves they might move him up the order

In the meantime he's arguably our best bowler atm..he was superb tonight with the ball
With Jamieson batting at 8, the selectors would be better off with a batting all-rounder rather than a bowling one. How many overs would CDG be asked to bowl in this test if he was playing instead of Mitchell?
koroke hangareka

Post by koroke hangareka »

Enzedder wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:28 am Loved this paragraph in the NZH about Williamson's 7000 milestone
Achieving it in his 144th innings means only 12 batsmen in the history of the game did it quicker, a who's who of 11 of the greatest to have ever graced the crease, and Matthew Hayden.
:lol:
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Muttonbirds wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:35 am I hear Kane Williamson has overtaken Bradman in some stat. Anyone know what it is?
Two posts up from yours - Bradman had 6996 runs in his career.

Here the similarity ends.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Enzedder wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:44 am
Muttonbirds wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:35 am I hear Kane Williamson has overtaken Bradman in some stat. Anyone know what it is?
Two posts up from yours - Bradman had 6996 runs in his career.

Here the similarity ends.
Thanks. I hear Bradman played at home a lot?
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

Monkey Magic wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:26 am
JB1981 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:23 am

It still astounds me that we won a series in the uae. Think sommerville is still kicking about for auckland-
Will this cost our batting in future - guys coming through without exposure to decent spin? I mean in the past we had people facing the likes of Dipak Patel, Paul Wiseman and Mark Priest ... ok, maybe there is less in my theory than I thought. It is interesting that Jeetan Patel dominated in England, maybe we just don’t have the pitches for spin or no longer have captains willing to give it a go.
Salient

Post by Salient »

How good are you at rolling your arm over?

Sorry all those roads have dealt spin bowling a death blow in Kiwiland :blush:

Surely Dunedin or Auckland have someone bubbling away. Sub continent could be a mare for the Caps otherwise.