Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
Botha Boy

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Botha Boy »

lorcanoworms wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:50 pm Since when is a death in March not important, it's only the third of April.
You should report ...

"No-one died yesterday from COVID19 and we have found another 4 deaths in February and 4 in March that we are assigning to COVID19 after the fact."

But if you want to keep the public anxious, reporting that no-one died ... which is the truth ... is not effective. That is the only reason to report the way they do.
alliswell

Post by alliswell »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:20 am
EverReady wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:13 am
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:09 am
Leinster in London wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:55 am People who made a mountain out of a molehill seem surprised to find a molehill.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/n ... 70062.html
14,000 people. I’m sure the U.K. is a fair number of them but we must be talking about maybe half. That’s just one week, quarantine is 12 days.

We have 2,500 beds. Donnelly is an absolute moron and really landed the rest of the Government in this.
Any prick could have seen the stories coming from this. All they had to do was tell the opposition to fück off for a few weeks longer. Idioto's
NPHET and ISAG have been all over the airwaves.

They don’t have to take responsibility for it though, that’s down to Donnelly and co. What was he thinking? Is he just trying to be he Super Mr Health so in future he can say he did all he can? There is also a thing called collective cabinet responsibility that he has decided to ignore.
To be fair to Donnelly he never wanted responsibility for MHQ and if he had any allies anywhere he would have used them to make the point that it would be better dealt with by the DoJ.

I'd imagine he is generally doing what his advisers tell him and in the department of health the strongest voices will be pro public health.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Wahay! Tinfoil hats for everyone courtesy of the Easter Bunny
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Botha Boy wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:24 pm But why not let the headline be ...

"No-one died yesterday from COVID19".

Why not ?
Because at least two did?
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

CM11 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:36 pm
Botha Boy wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:24 pm But why not let the headline be ...

"No-one died yesterday from COVID19".

Why not ?
Because at least two did?
The day before is what I have been talking about, Statto, you are on a losing wicket.

You're defending indefensible ethics for some personal reason that I can't fathom ... you will whinge about the gaslighting from NPHET on most of your posts on here but maybe you are doing one of your regular switch to the other side of the argument again ... :lol:

We had zero deaths to report yesterday but which was reported as 8 deaths using retrospectively assigned deaths.

Very easy to say "0 deaths yesterday and we have assigned an additional 8 folks unfortunately on a retrospective review of the data from the last 2 months." But no, that would be more transparent.

Support this chicanery if you must ... :roll: :roll: :roll:

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status ... 9090264065

FOI Request : Do you work in the HPSC ? ... :twisted:
MunsterMan!!!!!

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

Leinsterman wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:36 pm Wahay! Tinfoil hats for everyone courtesy of the Easter Bunny
It appears so
CM11

Post by CM11 »

There have been 8 ICU deaths in the last 4 days alone. There were two yesterday and checking back 7 days there hasn't been a headline where '0 deaths today' would be accurate.

I take issues with the reporting of deaths and have said so in the past. However, it's not a laughing matter.
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

CM11 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:56 pm There have been 8 ICU deaths in the last 4 days alone. There were two yesterday and checking back 7 days there hasn't been a headline where '0 deaths today' would be accurate.

I take issues with the reporting of deaths and have said so in the past. However, it's not a laughing matter.

But there should have been a "0 deaths yesterday" reported and incorrect reporting of the facts will make people distrust whatever advice is given in the future... the people with relatives & friends in ICU would love to hear that no-one died the previous day from COVID19, but you prefer to spread fear and anxiety from people who died weeks ago.

A personal preference I cannot fathom.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Every day this week someone has died with covid in ICU. In total there have been 14 ICU deaths in the last 7 days.

You want NPHET to lie?
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

CM11 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:04 pm Every day this week someone has died with covid in ICU. In total there have been 14 ICU deaths in the last 7 days.

You want NPHET to lie?
Honestly death is one of the easiest things in the world to report on.

You get certified pretty much on the spot in hospital.

I do not want NPHET to lie. So do not report 8 died yesterday including 8 people from previous months.

You are naive if you think communications are not rigorously curated for effect. It is like a white lie for them, they think the end justifies the means.

And they play on your best intentions to ensure you align with the message presented.

But no-one died on Thursday from COVID19 and 8 was the headline communicated. You can't get around that FACT ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
MunsterMan!!!!!

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

Botha Boy wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:09 pm
CM11 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:04 pm Every day this week someone has died with covid in ICU. In total there have been 14 ICU deaths in the last 7 days.

You want NPHET to lie?

You get certified pretty much on the spot in hospital

I do not want NPHET to lie. So do not report 8 died yesterday including 8 people from previous months.

You are naive if you think communications are not rigorously curated for effect. It is like a white lie for them, they think the end justifies the means.

And they play on your best intentions to ensure you align with the message presented.

But no-one died on Thursday from COVID19 and 8 was the headline communicated. You can't get around that FACT ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: you spoofer
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

Well, you're articulate ... :shock: :lol: :lol:
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Botha Boy wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:09 pm

You want NPHET to lie?

You get certified pretty much on the spot in hospital.

Except people did die from covid on Thursday.
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:21 pm The next blah blah is critical https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ever ... -hrz3g7vfp
Pete Lunn, head of the Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI) Behavioural Research Unit, said it was “entirely possible” that repetitive messaging was contributing to lockdown fatigue and causing people to “tune out”.

Wot, propaganda eventually gets boring and ignored ?

From a NPHET member who has been surveying the public non-stop to assess whether they can push measures further. He is the one publishing that 85% think Lockdowns are cool, we need to quarantine all foreigners, we all love Zoom quizzes, incarceration has been a really positive change for me ...

He has looked really panicked this week when rolled out on media and he does not look that confident that people are listening to the 'messaging' anymore. He was all over the place on VMTV this week. They have hidden him away as being an active member of NPHET until now ... he has been interviewed by the media regularly but not introduced as the lead for the Behavioural Research group.

Still, "the next 2 weeks will be crucial ... " :D :lol: :lol:
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Botha Boy wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:20 pm So report the data ...

You either report a totally inaccurate 'X amount of people died in the last day' or an accurate, but meaningless, 'we've been notified of X amount of deaths'. The latter is truthful but, as I said, meaningless. The former is lying.

I have issues with the death stat reported every day but the solution isn't to lie. Or laugh.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Some more hysterics from Mary favier https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.dublinl ... 315298.amp
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

EverReady wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:48 pm Botha loves the emojis. I thought he was laughing at the reporting not the deaths. Tbf nobody would laugh at the deaths bar with really close mates where you all think you are Frankie Boyle
The reporting is dishonest and no amount of pious handbag grabbing to deflect that deaths are sad events is going to change that.

Let's move on ...
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

I'm telling you.

These people won't go away. They don't want to.

They've created a new role for themselves with powers they never had before and they're not giving it up
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

I'm pretty sure that Pfizer have confirmed that their vaccine is good against the SA variant (like clinically proven to be good). I'm also pretty sure that all the vaccine manufacturers think (ie they know, but haven't been able to run clinical trials yet) that all the vaccines are good against the Brazilian variant.

The good doctor is being mendacious.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

camroc1 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:57 pm I'm pretty sure that Pfizer have confirmed that their vaccine is good against the SA variant (like clinically proven to be good). I'm also pretty sure that all the vaccine manufacturers think (ie they know, but haven't been able to run clinical trials yet) that all the vaccines are good against the Brazilian variant.

The good doctor is being mendacious.
Donnelly won't have the balls to put these back to their former responsibilities once the over 65s are done.

They won't go away. We're stuck them likely for another year or two.
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:48 pm Some more hysterics from Mary favier https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.dublinl ... 315298.amp
Yeah, her ladyship, Cillian De Gascun and Gerald Barry were all rolled out today to pump this scary message that you can even get new variants in Ireland, even after we now have mandatory hotel quarantine for the poor and black countries. So stay afraid.

A coordinated piece of propaganda (structured positioning of information to reinforce messaging... ) across Newstalk, RTE and on-line media to try and influence people to stay at home this Easter weekend holiday.

Over 12000 SARS-CoV-2 variants observed globally so far but we have not yet been wiped out as a result.

The 3 main variants or 'scariants' of concern are the UK variant (B.1.1.7), SA (B.1.351) and Brazil (P1) and all show that they illicit strong immunological response from the various vaccines available (except some conflicting evidence for the AZ vaccine with B.1.351 and some generally poor overall performance from the Chinese Coronavac).

So variants are nowhere near as scary as some are trying to present.

B.1.1.7 was a game changer for us in December and the US and Europe are going through that ringer now, but vaccination works against them all.

So get vaccinated if you get the option. :thumbup:
Last edited by Botha Boy on Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Looking to scare ? or

Looking to stay relevant and stay in operation?

I'm going with the latter.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

iarmhiman wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:15 pm Looking to scare ? or

Whichever, vaccinations will put them out of business.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

camroc1 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:17 pm

Whichever, vaccinations will put them out of business.
Hope you're right Cammy.

I don't think they're going to go quietly.

Don't think I've ever been as sick of an organisation before?
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

The Science may intimidate you.

But they were talking about is something that happens everyday in Ireland & everywhere and very rarely harms us.

But why did they choose to do this ?

To influence what people think and with you they have been successful.

<insert Triggering Smilies here>
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

At 8pm last night there were 232 people in hospital with this.

Our population is 4.9m, that is 0.005% of our population is currently hospitalised because of covid.

It's done.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

camroc1 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:26 pm At 8pm last night there were 232 people in hospital with this.

Our population is 4.9m, that is 0.005% of our population is currently hospitalised because of covid.

It's done.
Well we'll see in 2 weeks but the weather has been good so everyone outdoors is a good thing
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

I see the DUP have uncorked the "genie" of loyalist rioting in the Belfast and Derry sink estates. I can only hope that they know how to get the genie back in the bottle.
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

camroc1 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:44 pm I see the DUP have uncorked the "genie" of loyalist rioting in the Belfast and Derry sink estates. I can only hope that they know how to get the genie back in the bottle.
Have they tried soap ? ;)
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

camroc1 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:44 pm I see the DUP have uncorked the "genie" of loyalist rioting in the Belfast and Derry sink estates. I can only hope that they know how to get the genie back in the bottle.
They know what they're doing.

Boris to say withdrawal agreement needs to be torn up to preserve peace.

All deliberate by the Loyalists and will work. They're the masters of subversion
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

iarmhiman wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:46 pm
They know what they're doing.

Boris to say withdrawal agreement needs to be torn up to preserve peace.

All deliberate by the Loyalists and will work. They're the masters of subversion
I'm not so sure. It looks an awful lot like flailing against the future to me. A fight they can't win.
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

alliswell wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:35 pm
Leinster in London wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:55 am People who made a mountain out of a molehill seem surprised to find a molehill.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/n ... 70062.html
14,000 people. I’m sure the U.K. is a fair number of them but we must be talking about maybe half. That’s just one week, quarantine is 12 days.

We have 2,500 beds. Donnelly is an absolute moron and really landed the rest of the Government in this.
Any prick could have seen the stories coming from this. All they had to do was tell the opposition to fück off for a few weeks longer. Idioto's

They don’t have to take responsibility for it though, that’s down to Donnelly and co. What was he thinking? Is he just trying to be he Super Mr Health so in future he can say he did all he can? There is also a thing called collective cabinet responsibility that he has decided to ignore.
To be fair to Donnelly he never wanted responsibility for MHQ and if he had any allies anywhere he would have used them to make the point that it would be better dealt with by the DoJ.

I'd imagine he is generally doing what his advisers tell him and in the department of health the strongest voices will be pro public health.
He doesn’t get a pass for that.

The fella was instrumental to the writing of the legislation and the logistics of the whole thing. He knew well the potential turd he was throwing at the rest of cabinet with that but wanted to be Mr Super Heath. It reeks of a fella out for himself.

Also how funny is the two from Dubai being papped before entering a courtroom with other people. It’s supposed to be a deadly virus, and that’s why we need MHQ. But we end up with this. :lol:
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

The National Public Health Emergency Team told the public that Ireland was facing a “critical” or “crucial” moment almost every month over the last year, according to analysis by The Times .

The words have been used describe the weeks ahead in 12 of the past 13 months in press briefing, radio interviews and advice letters to the government.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ever ... -hrz3g7vfp

Someone in the media has figured it out
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

I'm stepping away from the keyboard on this one ...
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Where's Tony? Has he retired?
alliswell

Post by alliswell »

Botha Boy wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:31 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:21 pm The next blah blah is critical https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ever ... -hrz3g7vfp
Pete Lunn, head of the Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI) Behavioural Research Unit, said it was “entirely possible” that repetitive messaging was contributing to lockdown fatigue and causing people to “tune out”.

Wot, propaganda eventually gets boring and ignored ?

From a NPHET member who has been surveying the public non-stop to assess whether they can push measures further. He is the one publishing that 85% think Lockdowns are cool, we need to quarantine all foreigners, we all love Zoom quizzes, incarceration has been a really positive change for me ...

He has looked really panicked this week when rolled out on media and he does not look that confident that people are listening to the 'messaging' anymore. He was all over the place on VMTV this week. They have hidden him away as being an active member of NPHET until now ... he has been interviewed by the media regularly but not introduced as the lead for the Behavioural Research group.

Still, "the next 2 weeks will be crucial ... " :D :lol: :lol:
I heard Pete Lunn on a podcast during the week (he'd been on previously, hardly hidden away) and he came across very well and, more importantly, totally sane. Lot to be said for it.
Flametop

Post by Flametop »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:03 am
alliswell wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:35 pm

The fella was instrumental to the writing of the legislation and the logistics of the whole thing. He knew well the potential turd he was throwing at the rest of cabinet with that but wanted to be Mr Super Heath. It reeks of a fella out for himself.

Also how funny is the two from Dubai being papped before entering a courtroom with other people. It’s supposed to be a deadly virus, and that’s why we need MHQ. But we end up with this. :lol:
It’s a boob up but the public have a right to be kept abreast of it.
alliswell

Post by alliswell »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:03 am

Well they were willing to sign off on MHQ so they must have had some idea of what that would entail. Like you can't tell a minister for health that you want quarantine but you don't want it to apply to countries that people come from. He'd be an even bigger laughing stock than he already is.