Yes
21%
No
79%

Total votes: 70

Mog The Almighty

Have you tested positive for COVID-19?

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Poll: Don't click "yes" because you got a cold and think it's coronavirus. Only medicaly confirmed positive cases. Poll options maybe changed (if you get it in future).
Last edited by Mog The Almighty on Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mog The Almighty

Re: Have you tested positive for COVID-19?

Actually ... it strikes me this poll is going to end up very skewed as mostly the people who got it will bother responding. Anyway, we know roughly how many posters there are on the forum so I guess it will tell us something.
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Jerome Manning

Post by Jerome Manning »

Not me. I have the immune system of a cockroach.
Mog The Almighty

What sort of "trap" could it possibly be? :uhoh:

FWIW, a girl in my office had it while I was there (I went in for literally 2 days, and only because it's a brand new job, I hadn't been in for months before that). That was almost two weeks ago, but a few days ago I started feeling a bit off. Nothing really big, just a bit tired. I would have ignored it but also noticed my resting heart rate was jacked all week, so I got a test which returned positive yesterday.

I know towny has also had it. Just curious as to who else, that is all.
Monk Zombie

Post by Monk Zombie »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:44 am What sort of "trap" could it possibly be?
A trap disguised as a joke
Last Line

Post by Last Line »

Voted Yes because I wont be controlled by you, you dickhead.
Mog The Almighty

Last Line wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:00 am Voted Yes because I wont be controlled by you, you dickhead.
... okay. Well that will skew the survey by 1. But whatever blows your hair back.
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

What do we answer if we have not been tested yet?
Mog The Almighty

Kiwias wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:42 am What do we answer if we have not been tested yet?
I think if you live in NZ you can safely just tick no, test or not.

... oh wait ... you're in Japan right? What's the situation like there? I don't even know.
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:05 am
Kiwias wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:42 am What do we answer if we have not been tested yet?

... oh wait ... you're in Japan right? What's the situation like there? I don't even know.
The situation is vague, testing is not widely and freely available, and even my local GP has no idea when vaccines will be available out in the boondocks where I live. New cases and deaths had massive surges at the end of 2020, fell off when there were lockdowns in the major population centres, but are now increasing again with the lifting of the lockdowns.
Mog The Almighty

Kiwias wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:10 am
Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:05 am

The situation is vague, testing is not widely and freely available, and even my local GP has no idea when vaccines will be available out in the boondocks where I live. New cases and deaths had massive surges at the end of 2020, fell off when there were lockdowns in the major population centres, but are now increasing again with the lifting of the lockdowns.
Yes well that is expected obviously. Anyway, stay safe. I'm sure a fit non-drinker such as yourself would handle it well.
C69

Post by C69 »

I have been wearing full PPE in work every day now for over a year in critical care areas.
Neither myself or the colleagues in my office have had covid they are in the Siren study and get tested for Covid and antibodies every week.
However I know scores who have tested positive, many with no symptoms.
Both myself and my wife have had both doses and along with my child do lateral flow tests twice a week.

I've seen loads of people die of Covid and the speed of deterioration and the sheer volume and futility associated with it has been at times almost too much to take.
Mog The Almighty

C69 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:44 am I have been wearing full PPE in work every day now for over a year in critical care areas.
Neither myself or the colleagues in my office have had covid they are in the Siren study and get tested for Covid and antibodies every week.
However I know scores who have tested positive, many with no symptoms.
Both myself and my wife have had both doses and along with my child do lateral flow tests twice a week.

I've seen loads of people die of Covid and the speed of deterioration and the sheer volume and futility associated with it has been at times almost too much to take.
The biggest symtpom I noticed (so far, touch wood) was that my resting heart-rate on my fitness watch has been unusually high. Had a headache one day last week but that's possibly unrelated.

I would guesstimate about 50% people in my office have had it already. Symptoms for them ranged from absolutely nothing to in bed with a fever for a few days.
blindcider

Post by blindcider »

i had a mild dose of covid at christmas, its properly f**ked my fitness levels
Morgan14

Post by Morgan14 »

blindcider wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:02 pm i had a mild dose of covid at christmas, its properly f**ked my fitness levels
Sorry to hear that. Are they slowly returning to your prior norm(s)?
blindcider

Post by blindcider »

base is getting there, my top end speed on bike and running is just not there
Morgan14

Post by Morgan14 »

I hope it's just a matter of time for them to normalize. It does highlight what an utter bastard this virus is.
Mog The Almighty

blindcider wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:49 pm base is getting there, my top end speed on bike and running is just not there
You were freak level fit anway. Good to bring you back down closer to the level of us plebs.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

As a matter of interest, Mog, what's your typical resting heart rate and what did it go up to?
ElementFreak

Post by ElementFreak »

4 tests so far with no positive. Been knocked for 6 a couple of times with the cold that is going through Melbourne hence the tests, but luckily nothing yet.
Mog The Almighty

Leinsterman wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:44 pm As a matter of interest, Mog, what's your typical resting heart rate and what did it go up to?
Short answer: typical is ~50, it went up to ~70ish.

Long answer: as those boardies who I have on Strava will testify, I am not some freakish fitness king. I don't think my "true" resting heart rate is 50. My Garmin fitness watch measures daily resting heart-rate in some weird way, I'm not quite sure what it is, but I think it is cherry-picking the lowest your heart rate hits over the entire day for a period of more than 10 seconds or something like that.

So if I just sit still on the couch for a few minutes in the middle of the day, which I think is what most people think of when they think of "resting heart rate", then it's usually in the low-60s.

I just though I was over-training. I was in the gym running on the treadmill and doing heavy squats and deadlifts on the day I tested positive. Obviously I am now isolating at home so as not to spread it around.
puku

Post by puku »

I've self tested a couple of times and have been negative each time. Plus I have got vaccinated.
Salient

Post by Salient »

ElementFreak wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:02 pm 4 tests so far with no positive. Been knocked for 6 a couple of times with the cold that is going through Melbourne hence the tests, but luckily nothing yet.
Slight cold, Doctor "you need to be tested for covid".
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:44 am What sort of "trap" could it possibly be? :uhoh:

FWIW, a girl in my office had it while I was there (I went in for literally 2 days, and only because it's a brand new job, I hadn't been in for months before that). That was almost two weeks ago, but a few days ago I started feeling a bit off. Nothing really big, just a bit tired. I would have ignored it but also noticed my resting heart rate was jacked all week, so I got a test which returned positive yesterday.

See this is why we will never beat this thing, people like you. So you went to work and came into contact with someone who had it and it took you two weeks to go and get tested
How many people have you been in contact with since then? Tut tut tut
ElementFreak

Post by ElementFreak »

Salient wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:00 pm
ElementFreak wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:02 pm 4 tests so far with no positive. Been knocked for 6 a couple of times with the cold that is going through Melbourne hence the tests, but luckily nothing yet.
Yeah but being in Melbourne we are getting told to get tested for any symptom because we were pretty f**ked there for a while, in comparison to elsewhere in Aus.
Mog The Almighty

jambanja wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:17 pm
Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:44 am What sort of "trap" could it possibly be? :uhoh:

See this is why we will never beat this thing, people like you. So you went to work and came into contact with someone who had it and it took you two weeks to go and get tested
Spare me please Geesus.

I got myself tested upon developing the most innocuous of symtoms, that 99% of people would have surely ignored (i.e. a raised resting heart rate on my fitness watch), with my only concern being socially responsible and not spreading it around. Now I am isolated at home despite feeling like I could run 10km if I wanted, paying to have my groceries driven out into the country side just so I don't risk anyone else.

So mind your own business.

And news flash: we're not going to "beat it". We're going to learn to live with it with the help of vaccines and improving medical knowledge.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:13 am Poll: Don't click "yes" because you got a cold and think it's coronavirus. Only medicaly confirmed positive cases. Poll options maybe changed (if you get it in future).
Well that is discriminatory. I identify as a Covid patient. So fvck you!
Mog The Almighty

Salient wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:00 pm
It seems extreme, but it's understandable. Whether it's the long term right strategy or not aside, the fact is that Australia & NZ are aiming at a stategy of elimination. Which is an option for them as geographically isolated islands. Fair enough. But if you're going to do that, then you have to test everyone, constantly. As mentioned, the only symptom (at the time of ordering the test anyway) I had was a raised resting heart rate, and I was still positive. Even Australian doctors would have probably told me I was being a hypochondriac and to go home and relax.

I know it triggers a lot of people who want to believe they're locked down against The Black Plauge, but the fact is that "slight cold" is the most typical presentation for the vast majority who get it.
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:22 am

Spare me please Geesus.

I got myself tested upon developing the most innocuous of symtoms, that 99% of people would have surely ignored (i.e. a raised resting heart rate on my fitness watch), with my only concern being socially responsible and not spreading it around. Now I am isolated at home despite feeling like I could run 10km if I wanted, paying to have my groceries driven out into the country side just so I don't risk anyone else.

And news flash: we're not going to "beat it". We're going to learn to live with it with the help of vaccines and improving medical knowledge.
I was being tongue in cheek, hence the tut tut tut, because I know we’re not going to beat it
Here we are advised to get tested if we have been in contact with a known COVID positive person, symptoms or not, but that is because we’re COVID free and want to keep it that way until we can all be vaccinated
number6

Post by number6 »

I’m a paramedic in the nhs, and every single person in our station has had it, despite wearing all the ppe.
I’m coming up to the anniversary of my COVID diagnosis. I had it on April 8th 2020, and had mild symptoms for 2 weeks. Following that, I had quite bad palpitations with shortness of breath on exertion for 3 months and now have the occasional ‘flutter’ most days. My sense of smell disappeared for 4 months and now I’m left with parosmia, to the point that I can’t tell the difference between a cup of coffee and shit.
That said, I’ve seen some people in terrible states and some who’ve died, so consider my self quite lucky.
Mog The Almighty

jambanja wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:27 am
Mog The Almighty wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:22 am

Spare me please Geesus.

I was being tongue in cheek, hence the tut tut tut, because I know we’re not going to beat it
Here we are advised to get tested if we have been in contact with a known COVID positive person, symptoms or not, but that is because we’re COVID free and want to keep it that way until we can all be vaccinated
Oh fair enough. Sorry about my short response. :blush:

Yes, I think you are correct.
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

Just received my test results and Im positive

:(
Mog The Almighty

Big Nipper wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:52 am Just received my test results and Im positive

Look on the birght side. Soon you'll have antibodies.

Do you have any symptoms?
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:42 am
Big Nipper wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:52 am Just received my test results and Im positive

Sore throat and extremely tired after doing very menial task like walking to bathroom
Mog The Almighty

Big Nipper wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:19 am

Sore throat and extremely tired after doing very menial task like walking to bathroom
Hmmm. That's much worse than what I got. I hope you recover quickly and well.
DAC_

Post by DAC_ »

Yes. December 14th.

How? It's a complete mystery to me.
Lemoentjie

Post by Lemoentjie »

I had Covid v4 (South African variant).

Stronger than your Brazilian or British variants.

Felt bad for a few days, headache and cold, but luckily no continuing side effects.
blindcider

Post by blindcider »

I had a massive headache with mine, but otherwise the same symptoms
Mog The Almighty

blindcider wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:10 pm

I had a massive headache with mine, but otherwise the same symptoms
I got a really annoying headache too! I only had it for a day but it still struck me as unusual.