Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

All things Rugby
towny
Posts: 21828
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by towny »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:15 am
kiwigreg369 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:08 am Well I’m now wondering it you and Ella went to the same school - like some kind of diversity selection.

By definition they’re all Public in the British sense, so all private/selective/fee paying schools.

And this group of schools is part of the root cause of problems in NSW and Australian rugby.

Didn’t pick that from you.
I'd actually argue that if it wasn't for the GPS schools, Rugby in Australia would be only a fraction of what it is today. It would be like lacrosse or American Football, played and enjoyed by only a tiny portion of the populace.

Don't get me wrong, the way the GPS schools monopolise elite junior rugby in NSW and QLD is problematic. But the GPS schools are also the greatest assets that RA will ever have.
Spot on.
It is a painful constraint, but 30 or so schools are pouring big money into developing talent. If you don’t get this development you’ll be up against it when you meet these kids in colts.

I went to a school like this and it’s better today as the schools seem far more willing to attract the guns with scholarships. Check out that RugbyPass shows to see the levels of the coaching. These kids are coached by former state and test players, who see this as a step in their coaching career. They play in front of thousands each week in a high quality comp where every team is strong.

It wasn’t clubs that churned out Lynagh, Horan, Little, Eales and co - I’d wager most of Australia’s greatest players developed their talents in the GPS and CAS systems.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 32672
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by Ali's Choice »

towny wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:37 am Spot on.
It is a painful constraint, but 30 or so schools are pouring big money into developing talent. If you don’t get this development you’ll be up against it when you meet these kids in colts.

I went to a school like this and it’s better today as the schools seem far more willing to attract the guns with scholarships. Check out that RugbyPass shows to see the levels of the coaching. These kids are coached by former state and test players, who see this as a step in their coaching career. They play in front of thousands each week in a high quality comp where every team is strong.
The top GPS schools would have training facilities that would be superior to every Super Rugby team in NZ and Australia, and almost every national team on Earth. The All Blacks don't even have their own custom facilities, they need to request to use club or provincial facilities. My mind was blown when I used to play away games against Sydney GPS schools, and that was in the mid 1990's.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 32672
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by Ali's Choice »

Jacinda Adern looking very affable and attractive on The Project tonight, trying to encourage Aussies to visit New Zealand. She comes across as very friendly and natural. She's awesome!
towny
Posts: 21828
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by towny »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:42 am
towny wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:37 am Spot on.
It is a painful constraint, but 30 or so schools are pouring big money into developing talent. If you don’t get this development you’ll be up against it when you meet these kids in colts.

I went to a school like this and it’s better today as the schools seem far more willing to attract the guns with scholarships. Check out that RugbyPass shows to see the levels of the coaching. These kids are coached by former state and test players, who see this as a step in their coaching career. They play in front of thousands each week in a high quality comp where every team is strong.
The top GPS schools would have training facilities that would be superior to every Super Rugby team in NZ and Australia, and almost every national team on Earth. The All Blacks don't even have their own custom facilities, they need to request to use club or provincial facilities. My mind was blown when I used to play away games against Sydney GPS schools, and that was in the mid 1990's.
Not sure about the standard of training facilities compared to the Soup teams but they’re very good.

These schools handle a lot of cash. The govt subsidises the education, which is great imo, but each parent also throws in $20k+ for each kid. 1200 or so boys sees the schools pulling in $40m+ per year. They do put on an excellent education and have great facilities for more than kids sport. But the facilities and coaching are outstanding, and for big numbers of kids, which includes recruited athletes, provides a deep talent pool to create champs.

The issue is that the kids at the clubs get left behind.

I haven’t thought much about it but it doesn’t make much sense to have specialist facilities for the ABs. The players are spread around 5 cities at teams controlled by NZR - makes sense that they ensure a minimum standard at each and then use whichever is convenient when they bring it together for the National team.
User avatar
JPNZ
Posts: 2718
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:58 am
Location: Christchurch NZ

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by JPNZ »

Updated fixtures for Sky Super Rugby Trans-Tasman Round 3
Friday May 28
7.05pm – Hurricanes v Western Force at McLean Park, Napier

Saturday May 29
5.05pm – NSW Waratahs v Crusaders at WIN Stadium, Wollongong

7.15pm – Blues v Brumbies at Eden Park, Auckland

9.45pm – Queensland Reds v Chiefs at Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville

Sunday May 30
2.35pm – Highlanders v Melbourne Rebels, venue TBC in Highlanders region
User avatar
mrbrownstone
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by mrbrownstone »

Can someone explain how this competition actually works from a format perspective? Given it is one half of the competition facing the other, not everyone playing each other, what is to stop, say, the Chiefs, Blues, and Crusaders all going undefeated? How would that impact who makes the final?

You'd be spewing to go undefeated and miss out, and I don't think that's an unrealistic scenario.
Dan54.
Posts: 1490
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:23 am

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by Dan54. »

mrbrownstone wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:21 am Can someone explain how this competition actually works from a format perspective? Given it is one half of the competition facing the other, not everyone playing each other, what is to stop, say, the Chiefs, Blues, and Crusaders all going undefeated? How would that impact who makes the final?

You'd be spewing to go undefeated and miss out, and I don't think that's an unrealistic scenario.
Well I guessing if 3 teams went undefeated , bonus points and points for and against would come into play. Though I can't see it happening, don't think the Reds or Brumbies will miss out on knocking over one of those teams.
What I am wondering is what of the crazy laws/rules the comp is played under.
User avatar
Bindi
Posts: 7928
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Plum

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by Bindi »

mrbrownstone wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:21 am Can someone explain how this competition actually works from a format perspective? Given it is one half of the competition facing the other, not everyone playing each other, what is to stop, say, the Chiefs, Blues, and Crusaders all going undefeated? How would that impact who makes the final?

You'd be spewing to go undefeated and miss out, and I don't think that's an unrealistic scenario.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Kiwis.

Surprised you limited it to just 3 teams going undefeated. Why not all 5?
User avatar
mrbrownstone
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by mrbrownstone »

Bindi wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:41 am
mrbrownstone wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:21 am Can someone explain how this competition actually works from a format perspective? Given it is one half of the competition facing the other, not everyone playing each other, what is to stop, say, the Chiefs, Blues, and Crusaders all going undefeated? How would that impact who makes the final?

You'd be spewing to go undefeated and miss out, and I don't think that's an unrealistic scenario.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Kiwis.

Surprised you limited it to just 3 teams going undefeated. Why not all 5?
That's the record of the most recent completed SR seasons as of Feb 2020. It's hardly beyond the realm of possibility.
One win from 46 games. That's the combined record for Australian Super Rugby teams on New Zealand soil dating back to 2015.

Australian sides have lost 12 straight games in New Zealand dating back to round 16 in 2018 when the Rebels beat the Blues 20-10 at Eden Park. That win broke a 33-game losing streak meaning the Australian teams are 1-45 over the last 46 clashes.

Of those 45 defeats, 28 were by 13 points or more.

Over the same time period, New Zealand teams have played 54 times in Australia, resulting in 38 victories.
Not even saying it's likely, just pointing out a flaw in the competition structure.

Brumbies and Reds are lucky that they have three home games each, which should keep things competitive.
User avatar
Bindi
Posts: 7928
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Plum

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by Bindi »

I just hope an Australian team is allowed to get within 20 points on one occasion. Would be the ultimate if that team were the Reds.
User avatar
mojo
Posts: 612
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Brisvegas

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by mojo »

Reds doing their part to grow the game, playing the Chiefs in Townsville on the 29th. :thumbup:
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 18218
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by Zakar »

mrbrownstone wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:57 am
Bindi wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:41 am
mrbrownstone wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:21 am Can someone explain how this competition actually works from a format perspective? Given it is one half of the competition facing the other, not everyone playing each other, what is to stop, say, the Chiefs, Blues, and Crusaders all going undefeated? How would that impact who makes the final?

You'd be spewing to go undefeated and miss out, and I don't think that's an unrealistic scenario.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Kiwis.

Surprised you limited it to just 3 teams going undefeated. Why not all 5?
That's the record of the most recent completed SR seasons as of Feb 2020. It's hardly beyond the realm of possibility.
One win from 46 games. That's the combined record for Australian Super Rugby teams on New Zealand soil dating back to 2015.

Australian sides have lost 12 straight games in New Zealand dating back to round 16 in 2018 when the Rebels beat the Blues 20-10 at Eden Park. That win broke a 33-game losing streak meaning the Australian teams are 1-45 over the last 46 clashes.

Of those 45 defeats, 28 were by 13 points or more.

Over the same time period, New Zealand teams have played 54 times in Australia, resulting in 38 victories.
Not even saying it's likely, just pointing out a flaw in the competition structure.

Brumbies and Reds are lucky that they have three home games each, which should keep things competitive.
That info is wrong.

Brumbies and Rebels both won on kiwi soil in 2020
User avatar
Slim 293
Posts: 6188
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Straya plum

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by Slim 293 »

Brumbies smashed the Chiefs in NZ last year, when the Chiefs were undefeated and top of the table...

It was a glorious match. :smug:
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 18218
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by Zakar »

Slim 293 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:00 am Brumbies smashed the Chiefs in NZ last year, when the Chiefs were undefeated and top of the table...

It was a glorious match. :smug:
Yep, and the Rebels beat the Highlanders by a try IIRC.
User avatar
mrbrownstone
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by mrbrownstone »

Zakar wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:55 am
mrbrownstone wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:57 am
Bindi wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:41 am
mrbrownstone wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:21 am Can someone explain how this competition actually works from a format perspective? Given it is one half of the competition facing the other, not everyone playing each other, what is to stop, say, the Chiefs, Blues, and Crusaders all going undefeated? How would that impact who makes the final?

You'd be spewing to go undefeated and miss out, and I don't think that's an unrealistic scenario.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Kiwis.

Surprised you limited it to just 3 teams going undefeated. Why not all 5?
That's the record of the most recent completed SR seasons as of Feb 2020. It's hardly beyond the realm of possibility.
One win from 46 games. That's the combined record for Australian Super Rugby teams on New Zealand soil dating back to 2015.

Australian sides have lost 12 straight games in New Zealand dating back to round 16 in 2018 when the Rebels beat the Blues 20-10 at Eden Park. That win broke a 33-game losing streak meaning the Australian teams are 1-45 over the last 46 clashes.

Of those 45 defeats, 28 were by 13 points or more.

Over the same time period, New Zealand teams have played 54 times in Australia, resulting in 38 victories.
Not even saying it's likely, just pointing out a flaw in the competition structure.

Brumbies and Reds are lucky that they have three home games each, which should keep things competitive.
That info is wrong.

Brumbies and Rebels both won on kiwi soil in 2020
Was accurate as of Feb 2020, forgot to check the cancelled season.
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 18218
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by Zakar »

mrbrownstone wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:18 am
Zakar wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:55 am
mrbrownstone wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:57 am
Bindi wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:41 am
mrbrownstone wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:21 am Can someone explain how this competition actually works from a format perspective? Given it is one half of the competition facing the other, not everyone playing each other, what is to stop, say, the Chiefs, Blues, and Crusaders all going undefeated? How would that impact who makes the final?

You'd be spewing to go undefeated and miss out, and I don't think that's an unrealistic scenario.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Kiwis.

Surprised you limited it to just 3 teams going undefeated. Why not all 5?
That's the record of the most recent completed SR seasons as of Feb 2020. It's hardly beyond the realm of possibility.
One win from 46 games. That's the combined record for Australian Super Rugby teams on New Zealand soil dating back to 2015.

Australian sides have lost 12 straight games in New Zealand dating back to round 16 in 2018 when the Rebels beat the Blues 20-10 at Eden Park. That win broke a 33-game losing streak meaning the Australian teams are 1-45 over the last 46 clashes.

Of those 45 defeats, 28 were by 13 points or more.

Over the same time period, New Zealand teams have played 54 times in Australia, resulting in 38 victories.
Not even saying it's likely, just pointing out a flaw in the competition structure.

Brumbies and Reds are lucky that they have three home games each, which should keep things competitive.
That info is wrong.

Brumbies and Rebels both won on kiwi soil in 2020
Was accurate as of Feb 2020, forgot to check the cancelled season.
Ah yes, the most relevant season, easy to forget. The one where the reds almost turned over the crusaders at home as well.
User avatar
Bindi
Posts: 7928
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Plum

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by Bindi »

With all the arrogance I can muster, I am going to go out on a limb and predict the Tahds will defeat at least 1 Kiwi team.
User avatar
kiwigreg369
Posts: 6008
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by kiwigreg369 »

Bindi wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:44 am With all the arrogance I can muster, I am going to go out on a limb and predict the Tahds will defeat at least 1 Kiwi team.
Semi-typical Australian arrogance.
User avatar
JPNZ
Posts: 2718
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:58 am
Location: Christchurch NZ

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by JPNZ »

Big news for Highlanders fans
The Highlanders have suffered a major blow on the eve of the Super Rugby Trans-Tasman competition with head coach Tony Brown heading to Japan immediately to prepare the Brave Blossoms for their game against the British and Irish Lions in late June.

Brown will miss the entire six-week competition against the five Australian Super Rugby sides, depriving the Highlanders – who are already struggling with an injury crisis – of their highly regarded coach. Brown admitted the situation was far from ideal.

“Having to head to Japan earlier than expected is disappointing particularly leaving my team before the end of the season, it’s not what anyone would have wanted,” Brown said in a statement. “I will be in touch with Clarke [Dermody] and the other coaches on a daily basis and I am positive they will respond well to the situation.”

Brown will offer input remotely, but effectively hands over the reins to assistant coach Clarke Dermody, who is being groomed to take over at the Highlanders when Brown’s contract runs out at the end of 2022.

Brown said Japan’s match with the Lions in Edinburgh on June 26 had only recently been finalised, meaning that he needs to head to Japan with coach Jamie Joseph straight away to head into two weeks self-isolation before a 14-day training camp for the Brave Blossoms.

“Even though the Lions match has only recently been finalised it’s unfortunate that the Japanese preparation has been so limited we will need to go into an intense camp almost immediately to get organised,” Brown said.
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 18218
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by Zakar »

Bindi wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:44 am With all the arrogance I can muster, I am going to go out on a limb and predict the Tahds will defeat at least 1 Kiwi team.
Taranaki under 7s?
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 22841
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by shanky »

Zakar wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:45 am
Bindi wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:44 am With all the arrogance I can muster, I am going to go out on a limb and predict the Tahds will defeat at least 1 Kiwi team.
Taranaki under 7s?
Who’d want to be the Kiwi team that loses to the Tahs FFS

The shame of it…
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 18218
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by Zakar »

shanky wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:30 am
Zakar wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:45 am
Bindi wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:44 am With all the arrogance I can muster, I am going to go out on a limb and predict the Tahds will defeat at least 1 Kiwi team.
Taranaki under 7s?
Who’d want to be the Kiwi team that loses to the Tahs FFS

The shame of it…
They wouldn't be able to show their faces at the playground.
User avatar
guy smiley
Posts: 35469
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: in transit

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by guy smiley »

shanky wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:30 am
Zakar wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:45 am
Bindi wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:44 am With all the arrogance I can muster, I am going to go out on a limb and predict the Tahds will defeat at least 1 Kiwi team.
Taranaki under 7s?
Who’d want to be the Kiwi team that loses to the Tahs FFS

The shame of it…
To be fair, we'd have said the same thing about the Chiefs just a few weeks ago.
User avatar
FairWeather_Aussie
Posts: 1335
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by FairWeather_Aussie »

shanky wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:30 am
Zakar wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:45 am
Bindi wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:44 am With all the arrogance I can muster, I am going to go out on a limb and predict the Tahds will defeat at least 1 Kiwi team.
Taranaki under 7s?
Who’d want to be the Kiwi team that loses to the Tahs FFS

The shame of it…
Those kids will be scarred for life! Just think about the children
User avatar
Brumbie_Steve
Posts: 3382
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by Brumbie_Steve »

I am hoping the Brumbies will beat the Blues on 29 May but not by too much. I will be at the game and it would be better to beat them by one point than 50.
towny
Posts: 21828
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by towny »

Brumbie_Steve wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:06 am I am hoping the Brumbies will beat the Blues on 29 May but not by too much. I will be at the game and it would be better to beat them by one point than 50.
🤬
I hope someone spills rum and coke on you and you miss your train home.
User avatar
Brumbie_Steve
Posts: 3382
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by Brumbie_Steve »

towny wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:26 am
Brumbie_Steve wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:06 am I am hoping the Brumbies will beat the Blues on 29 May but not by too much. I will be at the game and it would be better to beat them by one point than 50.
🤬
I hope someone spills rum and coke on you and you miss your train home.
Aucklanders don't drink rum and coke, they drink Spritzers.
towny
Posts: 21828
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by towny »

Brumbie_Steve wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:46 am
towny wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:26 am
Brumbie_Steve wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:06 am I am hoping the Brumbies will beat the Blues on 29 May but not by too much. I will be at the game and it would be better to beat them by one point than 50.
🤬
I hope someone spills rum and coke on you and you miss your train home.
Aucklanders don't drink rum and coke, they drink Spritzers.
Mate. I use a grape shot, not a sniper rifle. And I don’t have time to see what threads are about when I’m doing my thing.
User avatar
Brumbie_Steve
Posts: 3382
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by Brumbie_Steve »

towny wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:53 am
Brumbie_Steve wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:46 am
towny wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:26 am
Brumbie_Steve wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:06 am I am hoping the Brumbies will beat the Blues on 29 May but not by too much. I will be at the game and it would be better to beat them by one point than 50.
🤬
I hope someone spills rum and coke on you and you miss your train home.
Aucklanders don't drink rum and coke, they drink Spritzers.
Mate. I use a grape shot, not a sniper rifle. And I don’t have time to see what threads are about when I’m doing my thing.
:lol:
User avatar
jdogscoop
Posts: 14780
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by jdogscoop »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:13 am Jacinda Adern looking very affable and attractive on The Project tonight, trying to encourage Aussies to visit New Zealand. She comes across as very friendly and natural. She's awesome!
She's a much younger, much more attractive Helen Clark but also PM, also Labour, and also with a rather deep voice and NRL jawline.
towny
Posts: 21828
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by towny »

jdogscoop wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:26 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:13 am Jacinda Adern looking very affable and attractive on The Project tonight, trying to encourage Aussies to visit New Zealand. She comes across as very friendly and natural. She's awesome!
She's a much younger, much more attractive Helen Clark but also PM, also Labour, and also with a rather deep voice and NRL jawline.
I would doubt it made a difference but my parents are heading to NZ shortly. They had tickets to Africa last year but Covid killed that off, so they're taking their travel agency credit and going to NZ for the 57th time. Apologies to everyone in the Bay of Plenty region.
User avatar
guy smiley
Posts: 35469
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: in transit

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by guy smiley »

f**k :(
User avatar
jambanja
Posts: 5513
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: The other side of midnight

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by jambanja »

towny wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:24 pm
jdogscoop wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:26 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:13 am Jacinda Adern looking very affable and attractive on The Project tonight, trying to encourage Aussies to visit New Zealand. She comes across as very friendly and natural. She's awesome!
She's a much younger, much more attractive Helen Clark but also PM, also Labour, and also with a rather deep voice and NRL jawline.
I would doubt it made a difference but my parents are heading to NZ shortly. They had tickets to Africa last year but Covid killed that off, so they're taking their travel agency credit and going to NZ for the 57th time. Apologies to everyone in the Bay of Plenty region.
Tauranga Cabal is best cabal
User avatar
Ghost-Of-Nepia
Posts: 4358
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by Ghost-Of-Nepia »

As a Highlanders fan, I'm all over the Reds head to head at $3+. Sickening arrogance from the TAB NZ bookies.
User avatar
JPNZ
Posts: 2718
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:58 am
Location: Christchurch NZ

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by JPNZ »

Holy $hit those odds are insane.

Highlanders $1.31 - Reds $3.25 9.5 point spread :thumbdown:
User avatar
Brumbie_Steve
Posts: 3382
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by Brumbie_Steve »

JPNZ wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:42 pm Holy $hit those odds are insane.

Highlanders $1.31 - Reds $3.25 9.5 point spread :thumbdown:
More related to weight of money than what the real odds are? Looks like an opportunity to me. Take the 3.25 and hope the reds start fast out of the blocks and the the 'landers blow out a little. You now have a middle and can't lose.
User avatar
JPNZ
Posts: 2718
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:58 am
Location: Christchurch NZ

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by JPNZ »

Brumbie_Steve wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:30 am
JPNZ wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:42 pm Holy $hit those odds are insane.

Highlanders $1.31 - Reds $3.25 9.5 point spread :thumbdown:
More related to weight of money than what the real odds are? Looks like an opportunity to me. Take the 3.25 and hope the reds start fast out of the blocks and the the 'landers blow out a little. You now have a middle and can't lose.
That was opening odds so no money would have had a chance to change hands yet. I bet it will close up though, thats an insult to the reds.
User avatar
Bindi
Posts: 7928
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Plum

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by Bindi »

JPNZ wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:16 am
Brumbie_Steve wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:30 am
JPNZ wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:42 pm Holy $hit those odds are insane.

Highlanders $1.31 - Reds $3.25 9.5 point spread :thumbdown:
More related to weight of money than what the real odds are? Looks like an opportunity to me. Take the 3.25 and hope the reds start fast out of the blocks and the the 'landers blow out a little. You now have a middle and can't lose.
That was opening odds so no money would have had a chance to change hands yet. I bet it will close up though, thats an insult to the reds.
The Reds players will still be drunk; chances of them backing up are zero. Highlanders by 30+
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 18218
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by Zakar »

Bindi wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:25 am
JPNZ wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:16 am
Brumbie_Steve wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:30 am
JPNZ wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:42 pm Holy $hit those odds are insane.

Highlanders $1.31 - Reds $3.25 9.5 point spread :thumbdown:
More related to weight of money than what the real odds are? Looks like an opportunity to me. Take the 3.25 and hope the reds start fast out of the blocks and the the 'landers blow out a little. You now have a middle and can't lose.
That was opening odds so no money would have had a chance to change hands yet. I bet it will close up though, thats an insult to the reds.
The Reds players will still be drunk; chances of them backing up are zero. Highlanders by 30+
Highlanders literally getting arrested for drunken behaviour.
towny
Posts: 21828
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Is there still no Trans-Tasman comp in place?

Post by towny »

Bindi wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:25 am
JPNZ wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:16 am
Brumbie_Steve wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:30 am
JPNZ wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:42 pm Holy $hit those odds are insane.

Highlanders $1.31 - Reds $3.25 9.5 point spread :thumbdown:
More related to weight of money than what the real odds are? Looks like an opportunity to me. Take the 3.25 and hope the reds start fast out of the blocks and the the 'landers blow out a little. You now have a middle and can't lose.
That was opening odds so no money would have had a chance to change hands yet. I bet it will close up though, thats an insult to the reds.
The Reds players will still be drunk; chances of them backing up are zero. Highlanders by 30+
Reds players will be drunk on Bundy. Reds by 30+
Post Reply