Is Boris the racist right

All things Rugby
mdaclarke
Posts: 4546
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by mdaclarke »

eldanielfire wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:32 pm Typical of this Cancel people attitude, never for your mates:

Image

Image

https://twitter.com/ArchRose90/status/1 ... 6461599744
This is the sort of thing that really winds people up. The utter hypocrisy of it all.
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 43031
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by Anonymous 1 »

it all or an individual called Michael Vaughan ?
User avatar
Muttonbirds
Posts: 2725
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:22 am
Location: Aotearoa

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by Muttonbirds »

eldanielfire wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:25 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:54 pm
RodneyRegis wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:54 pm
mdaclarke wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:56 am
Dark wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:51 am

I think most people still don't get how incredibly stupid and vindictive hand wringing lefty idiots, who must be offended on behalf of everyone else can be.
Dowden and Boris piled in as they believe that the silent majority are aghast at the overreaction to all this. Same with taking the knee Boris and Dowden have not condemned the booing. If I was a betting man, I would be willing to bet folding money that a silent majority are opposed to it as the implication is that Britain is a racist country and most normal people don't want to hear that.
Yep. Boris will be torn apart by social media, but loved by the voters. Again.
It's a fair point actually. It's been proven time and again we basically live in a country where racism is at least tolerated if not celebrated. No amount of taking the knee before football matches will stop supporters booing. Black players will continue to be mercilessly targeted on social media and the ECB may just be horrified at how common the Ollie Robinsons are within the game.
The course then is to get to social media companies and force them to take action on such issues without it needing to go all the way to legal action as to encourage more reporting of the racists who think targeting black players is ok or that they can get away with it. Perhaps target broadband and phone companies to create a system if one user targets someone for harassment, racist rhetoric, misogyny and the like then they are fined.

After all these companies are happy to input actions to suspend or ban people for tweeting COVID came from a lab they literally have no reason to not ban people for racial harassment and alert service provides to fine them via their bills or similar.
:? Textbook cancel culture there. Something you regularly bash the left with yet this entire post is about cancelling racists, something which social media users have been doing for years now.

Are you finally on board?
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 34373
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by eldanielfire »

Muttonbirds wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:27 am :? Textbook cancel culture there. Something you regularly bash the left with yet this entire post is about cancelling racists, something which social media users have been doing for years now.

Are you finally on board?
I've always been against racial, sexual and bigoted harassment where ever it is. Protective civil liberties is not the same as supporting harassments. Likewise there is a difference between edgy jokes and harassment or just trying to silence somehow with a genuine but different belief.

In this case for example I believe a sports athlete or public figure may have broken a code of conduct and a fine would be satisfactory. However if they aren't directly throwing harassments at a person or group that they should lose their joke or be banned off social media. Which is where I am at with Ollie Robinson. Likewise a slip of a tongue or misunderstanding shouldn't need any action taken against somebody. Only idiot people with an agenda like you can't make this obvious distinction.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33614
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by Ali's Choice »

eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:02 am
Muttonbirds wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:27 am :? Textbook cancel culture there. Something you regularly bash the left with yet this entire post is about cancelling racists, something which social media users have been doing for years now.

Are you finally on board?
I've always been against racial, sexual and bigoted harassment where ever it is. Protective civil liberties is not the same as supporting harassments. Likewise there is a difference between edgy jokes and harassment or just trying to silence somehow with a genuine but different belief.

In this case for example I believe a sports athlete or public figure may have broken a code of conduct and a fine would be satisfactory. However if they aren't directly throwing harassments at a person or group that they should lose their joke or be banned off social media. Which is where I am at with Ollie Robinson. Likewise a slip of a tongue or misunderstanding shouldn't need any action taken against somebody. Only idiot people with an agenda like you can't make this obvious distinction.
So just to clarify your position, your completely comfortable with racism if it's casual or jocular, or if it doesn't offend you personally?
mdaclarke
Posts: 4546
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by mdaclarke »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:22 pm it all or an individual called Michael Vaughan ?
When I mean "it all" I mean "do as I say" not "do as I do" of the chattering classes

Emma Thompson flying in to attend a climate change protest
Caroline Lucas taking frequent flights to the USA
Numerous XR activists with their foreign holidays on their facebook
HS2 protestors who come from fabulously wealthy families
Labour politicians sending their kids to private school.
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 34373
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by eldanielfire »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:07 am
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:02 am
Muttonbirds wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:27 am :? Textbook cancel culture there. Something you regularly bash the left with yet this entire post is about cancelling racists, something which social media users have been doing for years now.

Are you finally on board?
I've always been against racial, sexual and bigoted harassment where ever it is. Protective civil liberties is not the same as supporting harassments. Likewise there is a difference between edgy jokes and harassment or just trying to silence somehow with a genuine but different belief.

In this case for example I believe a sports athlete or public figure may have broken a code of conduct and a fine would be satisfactory. However if they aren't directly throwing harassments at a person or group that they should lose their joke or be banned off social media. Which is where I am at with Ollie Robinson. Likewise a slip of a tongue or misunderstanding shouldn't need any action taken against somebody. Only idiot people with an agenda like you can't make this obvious distinction.
So just to clarify your position, your completely comfortable with racism if it's casual or jocular, or if it doesn't offend you personally?
To clarify, racism is bad but there is a difference between ignorance and hatred. The difference is usually about the harassment given. Also people who pretend to be thick and virtuous only to attack and harass others is also bad. Especially while having a scummy history of comments themselves they like ignore or deflect from to do so :thumbup:
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33614
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by Ali's Choice »

eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:47 am To clarify, racism is bad but there is a difference between ignorance and hatred. The difference is usually about the harassment given. Also people who pretend to be thick and virtuous only to attack and harass others is also bad. Especially while having a scummy history of comments themselves they like ignore or deflect from to do so :thumbup:
I'm not the poster on this thread saying racism is cool as long as it's humorous :thumbup:
User avatar
fatcat
Posts: 15367
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by fatcat »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:48 am
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:47 am To clarify, racism is bad but there is a difference between ignorance and hatred. The difference is usually about the harassment given. Also people who pretend to be thick and virtuous only to attack and harass others is also bad. Especially while having a scummy history of comments themselves they like ignore or deflect from to do so :thumbup:
I'm not the poster on this thread saying racism is cool as long as it's humorous :thumbup:
No, you're the person lying about others saying that.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33614
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by Ali's Choice »

fatcat wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:51 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:48 am
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:47 am To clarify, racism is bad but there is a difference between ignorance and hatred. The difference is usually about the harassment given. Also people who pretend to be thick and virtuous only to attack and harass others is also bad. Especially while having a scummy history of comments themselves they like ignore or deflect from to do so :thumbup:
I'm not the poster on this thread saying racism is cool as long as it's humorous :thumbup:
No, you're the person lying about others saying that.
Oh look everyone, it's our resident Donald Trump loving troll. Fatcat genuinely believes that the American election was stolen from Trump. Please treat him with the respect that a Trump loving conspiracy theorist deserves.
User avatar
Big Nipper
Posts: 9586
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: The Fountain of Running Rugby

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by Big Nipper »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:48 am
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:47 am To clarify, racism is bad but there is a difference between ignorance and hatred. The difference is usually about the harassment given. Also people who pretend to be thick and virtuous only to attack and harass others is also bad. Especially while having a scummy history of comments themselves they like ignore or deflect from to do so :thumbup:
I'm not the poster on this thread saying racism is cool as long as it's humorous :thumbup:
EDF always gets caught with his pants down, he is an utter hypocrite
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 34373
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by eldanielfire »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:48 am
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:47 am To clarify, racism is bad but there is a difference between ignorance and hatred. The difference is usually about the harassment given. Also people who pretend to be thick and virtuous only to attack and harass others is also bad. Especially while having a scummy history of comments themselves they like ignore or deflect from to do so :thumbup:
I'm not the poster on this thread saying racism is cool as long as it's humorous :thumbup:
Funny, not one poster has even claimed anything like this. Must be the stuff going round inside your head.
Mick Mannock
Posts: 26732
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by Mick Mannock »

eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:08 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:48 am
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:47 am To clarify, racism is bad but there is a difference between ignorance and hatred. The difference is usually about the harassment given. Also people who pretend to be thick and virtuous only to attack and harass others is also bad. Especially while having a scummy history of comments themselves they like ignore or deflect from to do so :thumbup:
I'm not the poster on this thread saying racism is cool as long as it's humorous :thumbup:
Funny, not one poster has even claimed anything like this. Must be the stuff going round inside your head.
AC is perma-angry with those who dissent.
User avatar
fatcat
Posts: 15367
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by fatcat »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:54 am
fatcat wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:51 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:48 am
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:47 am To clarify, racism is bad but there is a difference between ignorance and hatred. The difference is usually about the harassment given. Also people who pretend to be thick and virtuous only to attack and harass others is also bad. Especially while having a scummy history of comments themselves they like ignore or deflect from to do so :thumbup:
I'm not the poster on this thread saying racism is cool as long as it's humorous :thumbup:
No, you're the person lying about others saying that.
Oh look everyone, it's our resident Donald Trump loving troll. Fatcat genuinely believes that the American election was stolen from Trump. Please treat him with the respect that a Trump loving conspiracy theorist deserves.
Lying again. You just can't help yourself.
User avatar
fatcat
Posts: 15367
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by fatcat »

eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:08 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:48 am
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:47 am To clarify, racism is bad but there is a difference between ignorance and hatred. The difference is usually about the harassment given. Also people who pretend to be thick and virtuous only to attack and harass others is also bad. Especially while having a scummy history of comments themselves they like ignore or deflect from to do so :thumbup:
I'm not the poster on this thread saying racism is cool as long as it's humorous :thumbup:
Funny, not one poster has even claimed anything like this. Must be the stuff going round inside your head.
No, he's deliberately lying. It's what he does.
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 34373
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by eldanielfire »

Mick Mannock wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:12 am
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:08 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:48 am
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:47 am To clarify, racism is bad but there is a difference between ignorance and hatred. The difference is usually about the harassment given. Also people who pretend to be thick and virtuous only to attack and harass others is also bad. Especially while having a scummy history of comments themselves they like ignore or deflect from to do so :thumbup:
I'm not the poster on this thread saying racism is cool as long as it's humorous :thumbup:
Funny, not one poster has even claimed anything like this. Must be the stuff going round inside your head.
AC is perma-angry with those who dissent.
In some ways he's never changed. His style is the same whether he's attacking South Africans on HIV infections or pretending he was some ultra liberal leftie all along in stark contrast to his history. It's quite amusing seeing of all posters AC complaining about people with edgy humour. It's like he's had a lobectomy to remove all irony.
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 34373
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by eldanielfire »

fatcat wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:13 am
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:08 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:48 am
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:47 am To clarify, racism is bad but there is a difference between ignorance and hatred. The difference is usually about the harassment given. Also people who pretend to be thick and virtuous only to attack and harass others is also bad. Especially while having a scummy history of comments themselves they like ignore or deflect from to do so :thumbup:
I'm not the poster on this thread saying racism is cool as long as it's humorous :thumbup:
Funny, not one poster has even claimed anything like this. Must be the stuff going round inside your head.
No, he's deliberately lying. It's what he does.
Of course he is. While whitewashing his own past, like many people caught out on hypocritical woke statements.
Mick Mannock
Posts: 26732
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by Mick Mannock »

eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:15 am
Mick Mannock wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:12 am
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:08 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:48 am
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:47 am To clarify, racism is bad but there is a difference between ignorance and hatred. The difference is usually about the harassment given. Also people who pretend to be thick and virtuous only to attack and harass others is also bad. Especially while having a scummy history of comments themselves they like ignore or deflect from to do so :thumbup:
I'm not the poster on this thread saying racism is cool as long as it's humorous :thumbup:
Funny, not one poster has even claimed anything like this. Must be the stuff going round inside your head.
AC is perma-angry with those who dissent.
In some ways he's never changed. His style is the same whether he's attacking South Africans on HIV infections or pretending he was some ultra liberal leftie all along in stark contrast to his history. It's quite amusing seeing of all posters AC complaining about people with edgy humour. It's like he's had a lobectomy to remove all irony.
Perhaps he has changed for the better. Perhaps now he no longer finds rape amusing.
User avatar
fatcat
Posts: 15367
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by fatcat »

Mick Mannock wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:18 am
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:15 am
Mick Mannock wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:12 am
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:08 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:48 am

I'm not the poster on this thread saying racism is cool as long as it's humorous :thumbup:
Funny, not one poster has even claimed anything like this. Must be the stuff going round inside your head.
AC is perma-angry with those who dissent.
In some ways he's never changed. His style is the same whether he's attacking South Africans on HIV infections or pretending he was some ultra liberal leftie all along in stark contrast to his history. It's quite amusing seeing of all posters AC complaining about people with edgy humour. It's like he's had a lobectomy to remove all irony.
Perhaps he has changed for the better. Perhaps now he no longer finds rape amusing.
I wonder if he still grades women by whether he would let them defecate on him or not.
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 34373
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by eldanielfire »

fatcat wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:24 am

I wonder if he still grades women by whether he would let them defecate on him or not.
I think there's no cure for those sorts of thoughts.
mdaclarke
Posts: 4546
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by mdaclarke »

Why Boris is Teflon

https://ianleslie.substack.com/p/fights-and-flights

CULTURE CLASH
Tom McTague’s superb profile of Boris Johnson for The Atlantic may help those who dislike Johnson understand why, despite his glaring shortcomings, he has reached the top of British politics and seems quite secure there, for now. Grasping the nature of his appeal is of course a necessary step towards defeating him, if that’s what you want to do. Best to read it all but I’ll pick out a few points. First, here is the perfect illustration of what I talked about in the last Ruffian - the way Johnson’s confidence in who he is enables him to break the standard rules of political engagement:

When David Cameron was mocked for admitting that he didn’t know the price of a loaf of bread, a reporter confronted Johnson with the same question. He got it right, but then added: “I can tell you the price of a bottle of champagne—how about that?”

If you want to know why despite endless attacks on him for being an arrogant Etonian he remains stubbornly popular with voters, including working class voters, the answer is there. Asked (in a previous interview, cited by McTague) about his performative incompetence, Johnson called it “a very cunning device. Self-deprecation is all about understanding that basically people regard politicians as a bunch of shysters.” This an acute insight into the minds of voters and it’s delivered in a way that basically obliterates our normal distinctions between candour and deceit. He lets us in on the “cunning” tricks of politicians, even as he uses them himself.

McTague dwells on Johnson’s relationship with Englishness:

‘In one of our conversations, Johnson had said that people need to feel part of something bigger than themselves. He told me that he doesn’t think of himself as a nationalist, but he argued that individuals need to feel that they belong, and they shouldn’t be patronised for worrying that their traditions and connections are being eroded. Was this why he opposed the European Super League. “Absolutely,” he said. “This is about the deracination of the community fan base.” Soccer clubs, he continued, had turned into global brands and were leaving their supporters behind, “taking off like a great mother ship and orbiting the planet.”’

Most people on the left associate any kind of patriotic pride with “nationalism” and therefore the sins of imperialism, xenophobia and racism. Johnson believes that for most people it has nothing to do with those things. His swift and decisive intervention in the Super League saga was brilliant politics, and a product of his core belief or intuition: that there is such a thing as Englishness or Britishness, as distinct from global culture; that many voters cherish it, and that that’s a good thing.

Relatedly, Johnson revealed to McTague his distaste for the term “special relationship” with the US (later confirmed at a No.10 press briefing). He is clearly an Atlanticist and fan of America (and indeed gave this interview to an American magazine) but hates any hint that Britain must be subservient to its more powerful ally. I think this is the lens through which to view Johnson’s antipathy to “wokeness”, including his refusal to condemn the booing of the England team as they ‘take the knee’.

The ‘culture war’ is at heart a culture clash, between British traditions and American cultural politics, the latter now exported globally thanks to the internet. Britain’s institutional elites have in recent years swallowed, rather uncritically, a whole set of concepts, slogans and jargon from the US. Many British voters are somewhere between unaware, wary of, or outright resistant to the new discourse, even as it has quickly become second nature to those who have adopted it.

The result is that even when elites are talking about something that in substance has widespread support, like anti-racism, the use of this imported lexicon can make the message feel jarring, alienating, and a little bit pathetic, as if we can no longer reflect on our society, or have our own game, without borrowing from - or literally confusing ourselves with - America. That not only muddles the message, it also leaves non-initiates feeling that those who have enthusiastically adopted this arcane language regard them as ignorant or backward. It’s a basic rule of human relationships that when people feel as if someone is talking down to them, they will push back, even when that means acting unpleasantly or irrationally. Hence the booing. (My own view, probably quite a common one, is that I don’t like England taking the knee and I don’t like them being booed for it).

Politics is as much about tone and sensibility as policy. Johnson gets that and most people on the left do not, which is why they keeps being surprised by how popular he is. The culture clash pits American-style earnestness and piety against British irreverence and perversity. Johnson’s clownishness happens to have found its perfect foil in the grimly humourless, relentlessly prosecutorial, technocratic and yes, deracinated tone of wokeism. Voters do not necessarily believe Johnson is competent, which will in the end be his downfall, but they do know he will never lecture them. He likes them too much.
Mick Mannock
Posts: 26732
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by Mick Mannock »

eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:27 am
fatcat wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:24 am

I wonder if he still grades women by whether he would let them defecate on him or not.
I think there's no cure for those sorts of thoughts.
It is not a thought that would have crossed my mind.

I am hesitant to condemn activities between consenting adults.
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 43031
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by Anonymous 1 »

mdaclarke wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:28 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:22 pm it all or an individual called Michael Vaughan ?
When I mean "it all" I mean "do as I say" not "do as I do" of the chattering classes

Emma Thompson flying in to attend a climate change protest
Caroline Lucas taking frequent flights to the USA
Numerous XR activists with their foreign holidays on their facebook
HS2 protestors who come from fabulously wealthy families
Labour politicians sending their kids to private school.
Why do you have a problem with a Labour politician sending their child to private school. That is just weird
mdaclarke
Posts: 4546
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by mdaclarke »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:33 am
mdaclarke wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:28 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:22 pm it all or an individual called Michael Vaughan ?
When I mean "it all" I mean "do as I say" not "do as I do" of the chattering classes

Emma Thompson flying in to attend a climate change protest
Caroline Lucas taking frequent flights to the USA
Numerous XR activists with their foreign holidays on their facebook
HS2 protestors who come from fabulously wealthy families
Labour politicians sending their kids to private school.
Why do you have a problem with a Labour politician sending their child to private school. That is just weird
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/d ... ate-230293

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... /labour.uk

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... prehensive

Its hypocrisy when they are saying that Private Schools should be abolished or have their charity status removed.
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 43031
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by Anonymous 1 »

mdaclarke wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:43 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:33 am
mdaclarke wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:28 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:22 pm it all or an individual called Michael Vaughan ?
When I mean "it all" I mean "do as I say" not "do as I do" of the chattering classes

Emma Thompson flying in to attend a climate change protest
Caroline Lucas taking frequent flights to the USA
Numerous XR activists with their foreign holidays on their facebook
HS2 protestors who come from fabulously wealthy families
Labour politicians sending their kids to private school.
Why do you have a problem with a Labour politician sending their child to private school. That is just weird
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/d ... ate-230293

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... /labour.uk

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... prehensive

Its hypocrisy when they are saying that Private Schools should be abolished or have their charity status removed.
So you have a problem with hypocrisy. You don't actually have a problem with Labour politicians sending their children to private school. Also for some bizarre reason you believe it's hypocritical to send your child to private school if you believe private schools should have their charitable status removed. Isn't it really the case you just have a problem with Labour politicians
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 34373
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by eldanielfire »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:33 am
mdaclarke wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:28 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:22 pm it all or an individual called Michael Vaughan ?
When I mean "it all" I mean "do as I say" not "do as I do" of the chattering classes

Emma Thompson flying in to attend a climate change protest
Caroline Lucas taking frequent flights to the USA
Numerous XR activists with their foreign holidays on their facebook
HS2 protestors who come from fabulously wealthy families
Labour politicians sending their kids to private school.
Why do you have a problem with a Labour politician sending their child to private school. That is just weird
I think he has an issue with the political hypocrisy, not the fact a kid went to private school.
User avatar
ScarfaceClaw
Posts: 12549
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by ScarfaceClaw »

eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:27 am
fatcat wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:24 am

I wonder if he still grades women by whether he would let them defecate on him or not.
I think there's no cure for those sorts of thoughts.
Wet wipes help.
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 43031
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by Anonymous 1 »

eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:54 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:33 am
mdaclarke wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:28 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:22 pm it all or an individual called Michael Vaughan ?
When I mean "it all" I mean "do as I say" not "do as I do" of the chattering classes

Emma Thompson flying in to attend a climate change protest
Caroline Lucas taking frequent flights to the USA
Numerous XR activists with their foreign holidays on their facebook
HS2 protestors who come from fabulously wealthy families
Labour politicians sending their kids to private school.
Why do you have a problem with a Labour politician sending their child to private school. That is just weird
I think he has an issue with the political hypocrisy, not the fact a kid went to private school.
Abbot is a hypocrite because she slagged off Labour MP's for sending the children to private school then she went and sent her son to one. That thing that happened probably before he even came to this country is no reason for him to call Labour MPs hypocrites for sending their children to private school. It's pathetic.
bimboman
Posts: 72784
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by bimboman »

One rule for Meeeee and not for Thee.
mdaclarke
Posts: 4546
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by mdaclarke »

mdaclarke wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:28 am Why Boris is Teflon

https://ianleslie.substack.com/p/fights-and-flights

CULTURE CLASH
Tom McTague’s superb profile of Boris Johnson for The Atlantic may help those who dislike Johnson understand why, despite his glaring shortcomings, he has reached the top of British politics and seems quite secure there, for now. Grasping the nature of his appeal is of course a necessary step towards defeating him, if that’s what you want to do. Best to read it all but I’ll pick out a few points. First, here is the perfect illustration of what I talked about in the last Ruffian - the way Johnson’s confidence in who he is enables him to break the standard rules of political engagement:

When David Cameron was mocked for admitting that he didn’t know the price of a loaf of bread, a reporter confronted Johnson with the same question. He got it right, but then added: “I can tell you the price of a bottle of champagne—how about that?”

If you want to know why despite endless attacks on him for being an arrogant Etonian he remains stubbornly popular with voters, including working class voters, the answer is there. Asked (in a previous interview, cited by McTague) about his performative incompetence, Johnson called it “a very cunning device. Self-deprecation is all about understanding that basically people regard politicians as a bunch of shysters.” This an acute insight into the minds of voters and it’s delivered in a way that basically obliterates our normal distinctions between candour and deceit. He lets us in on the “cunning” tricks of politicians, even as he uses them himself.

McTague dwells on Johnson’s relationship with Englishness:

‘In one of our conversations, Johnson had said that people need to feel part of something bigger than themselves. He told me that he doesn’t think of himself as a nationalist, but he argued that individuals need to feel that they belong, and they shouldn’t be patronised for worrying that their traditions and connections are being eroded. Was this why he opposed the European Super League. “Absolutely,” he said. “This is about the deracination of the community fan base.” Soccer clubs, he continued, had turned into global brands and were leaving their supporters behind, “taking off like a great mother ship and orbiting the planet.”’

Most people on the left associate any kind of patriotic pride with “nationalism” and therefore the sins of imperialism, xenophobia and racism. Johnson believes that for most people it has nothing to do with those things. His swift and decisive intervention in the Super League saga was brilliant politics, and a product of his core belief or intuition: that there is such a thing as Englishness or Britishness, as distinct from global culture; that many voters cherish it, and that that’s a good thing.

Relatedly, Johnson revealed to McTague his distaste for the term “special relationship” with the US (later confirmed at a No.10 press briefing). He is clearly an Atlanticist and fan of America (and indeed gave this interview to an American magazine) but hates any hint that Britain must be subservient to its more powerful ally. I think this is the lens through which to view Johnson’s antipathy to “wokeness”, including his refusal to condemn the booing of the England team as they ‘take the knee’.

The ‘culture war’ is at heart a culture clash, between British traditions and American cultural politics, the latter now exported globally thanks to the internet. Britain’s institutional elites have in recent years swallowed, rather uncritically, a whole set of concepts, slogans and jargon from the US. Many British voters are somewhere between unaware, wary of, or outright resistant to the new discourse, even as it has quickly become second nature to those who have adopted it.

The result is that even when elites are talking about something that in substance has widespread support, like anti-racism, the use of this imported lexicon can make the message feel jarring, alienating, and a little bit pathetic, as if we can no longer reflect on our society, or have our own game, without borrowing from - or literally confusing ourselves with - America. That not only muddles the message, it also leaves non-initiates feeling that those who have enthusiastically adopted this arcane language regard them as ignorant or backward. It’s a basic rule of human relationships that when people feel as if someone is talking down to them, they will push back, even when that means acting unpleasantly or irrationally. Hence the booing. (My own view, probably quite a common one, is that I don’t like England taking the knee and I don’t like them being booed for it).

Politics is as much about tone and sensibility as policy. Johnson gets that and most people on the left do not, which is why they keeps being surprised by how popular he is. The culture clash pits American-style earnestness and piety against British irreverence and perversity. Johnson’s clownishness happens to have found its perfect foil in the grimly humourless, relentlessly prosecutorial, technocratic and yes, deracinated tone of wokeism. Voters do not necessarily believe Johnson is competent, which will in the end be his downfall, but they do know he will never lecture them. He likes them too much.
And conversely why Labour keep losing, Boris will never ever call fans who boo "racist" as he knows that they represent a sizeable proportion of the electorate and calling the electorate "racist" is not a good way to get them to vote for you.

https://twitter.com/DamCou/status/1403617812783022080

"How to turn something most not-Very-Online, not-very-political people have no strong view on into a copper-bottomed vote-loser. No "Let's Agree To Disagree"; instead, "If You Disagree With Me, You Are Excommunicated"

https://twitter.com/AngelaRayner/status ... 6892624900

"If you boo the lads on Sunday, you have no right to call yourself an England fan and you’re on the same side as racists."
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 43031
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by Anonymous 1 »

bimboman wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:32 pm One rule for Meeeee and not for Thee.
That is like saying because Bimbo got banned for racism every Tory is a racist
bimboman
Posts: 72784
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by bimboman »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:48 pm
bimboman wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:32 pm One rule for Meeeee and not for Thee.
That is like saying because Bimbo got banned for racism every Tory is a racist

It really isn’t at all, that’s a stupid comparison ......

Abbott actively campaigns to remove a choice she gave herself, that’s clearly hypocrisy. You seem to be a massive hypocrite about most things.

And copying stupid C69 attacks . :lol: , there’s something right there.
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 43031
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by Anonymous 1 »

bimboman wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:58 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:48 pm
bimboman wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:32 pm One rule for Meeeee and not for Thee.
That is like saying because Bimbo got banned for racism every Tory is a racist

It really isn’t at all, that’s a stupid comparison ......

Abbott actively campaigns to remove a choice she gave herself, that’s clearly hypocrisy. You seem to be a massive hypocrite about most things.

And copying stupid C69 attacks . :lol: , there’s something right there.
You agree with me about Abbot you fucking moron :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:42 pm Abbot is a hypocrite because she slagged off Labour MP's for sending the children to private school then she went and sent her son to one. That thing that happened probably before he even came to this country is no reason for him to call Labour MPs hypocrites for sending their children to private school. It's pathetic.
bimboman
Posts: 72784
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by bimboman »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:05 pm
bimboman wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:58 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:48 pm
bimboman wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:32 pm One rule for Meeeee and not for Thee.
That is like saying because Bimbo got banned for racism every Tory is a racist

It really isn’t at all, that’s a stupid comparison ......

Abbott actively campaigns to remove a choice she gave herself, that’s clearly hypocrisy. You seem to be a massive hypocrite about most things.

And copying stupid C69 attacks . :lol: , there’s something right there.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:42 pm Abbot is a hypocrite because she slagged off Labour MP's for sending the children to private school then she went and sent her son to one. That thing that happened probably before he even came to this country is no reason for him to call Labour MPs hypocrites for sending their children to private school. It's pathetic.


“Actively campaigned “

F ucking idiot.
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 43031
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by Anonymous 1 »

bimboman wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:06 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:05 pm
bimboman wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:58 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:48 pm
bimboman wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:32 pm One rule for Meeeee and not for Thee.
That is like saying because Bimbo got banned for racism every Tory is a racist

It really isn’t at all, that’s a stupid comparison ......

Abbott actively campaigns to remove a choice she gave herself, that’s clearly hypocrisy. You seem to be a massive hypocrite about most things.

And copying stupid C69 attacks . :lol: , there’s something right there.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:42 pm Abbot is a hypocrite because she slagged off Labour MP's for sending the children to private school then she went and sent her son to one. That thing that happened probably before he even came to this country is no reason for him to call Labour MPs hypocrites for sending their children to private school. It's pathetic.


“Actively campaigned “

F ucking idiot.
Fuck off Bimbo :lol:

Mdclarke says Labour MPs who send their children to private schools are hypocrites. That is clearly bollox. Dian Abbott is not Labour MPs she is just an individual. I know Clarke is one of yours and you feel duty bound to defend him but piss off :lol: :lol: :lol:
bimboman
Posts: 72784
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by bimboman »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:11 pm
bimboman wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:06 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:05 pm
bimboman wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:58 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:48 pm

That is like saying because Bimbo got banned for racism every Tory is a racist

It really isn’t at all, that’s a stupid comparison ......

Abbott actively campaigns to remove a choice she gave herself, that’s clearly hypocrisy. You seem to be a massive hypocrite about most things.

And copying stupid C69 attacks . :lol: , there’s something right there.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:42 pm Abbot is a hypocrite because she slagged off Labour MP's for sending the children to private school then she went and sent her son to one. That thing that happened probably before he even came to this country is no reason for him to call Labour MPs hypocrites for sending their children to private school. It's pathetic.


“Actively campaigned “

F ucking idiot.
Fuck off Bimbo :lol:

Mdclarke says Labour MPs who send their children to private schools are hypocrites. That is clearly bollox. Dian Abbott is not Labour MPs she is just an individual. I know Clarke is one of yours and you feel duty bound to defend him but piss off :lol: :lol: :lol:


There’s other Labour MP’s who actively want Independent schools who used their services, and of course loads of “grammar” educated who would close that system down.

They’re bloody hypocrites.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33614
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by Ali's Choice »

eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:15 am In some ways he's never changed. His style is the same whether he's attacking South Africans on HIV infections or pretending he was some ultra liberal leftie all along in stark contrast to his history. It's quite amusing seeing of all posters AC complaining about people with edgy humour. It's like he's had a lobectomy to remove all irony.
Dumb post. Please post some evidence of me "attacking" South Africans about HIV. You're a loathsome troll whose allies on this forum are now Fatcat and Mick Mannock. The worst of the worst on this forum. You are now allied to human scum and you love these posters. You are scum.
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 34373
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by eldanielfire »

ScarfaceClaw wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:32 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:27 am
fatcat wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:24 am

I wonder if he still grades women by whether he would let them defecate on him or not.
I think there's no cure for those sorts of thoughts.
Wet wipes help.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 34373
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by eldanielfire »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:42 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:54 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:33 am
mdaclarke wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:28 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:22 pm it all or an individual called Michael Vaughan ?
When I mean "it all" I mean "do as I say" not "do as I do" of the chattering classes

Emma Thompson flying in to attend a climate change protest
Caroline Lucas taking frequent flights to the USA
Numerous XR activists with their foreign holidays on their facebook
HS2 protestors who come from fabulously wealthy families
Labour politicians sending their kids to private school.
Why do you have a problem with a Labour politician sending their child to private school. That is just weird
I think he has an issue with the political hypocrisy, not the fact a kid went to private school.
Abbot is a hypocrite because she slagged off Labour MP's for sending the children to private school then she went and sent her son to one. That thing that happened probably before he even came to this country is no reason for him to call Labour MPs hypocrites for sending their children to private school. It's pathetic.
I don't know when eh came to the country but hypocrisy is hypocrisy. However Labour are supposed tp be against such things in principle, so unless a Labour MP speaks specifically how their vision of Labour is to keep private schools then there is a certain element of hypocrisy if they send their own kids private.
User avatar
eldanielfire
Posts: 34373
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Is Boris the racist right

Post by eldanielfire »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:44 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:15 am In some ways he's never changed. His style is the same whether he's attacking South Africans on HIV infections or pretending he was some ultra liberal leftie all along in stark contrast to his history. It's quite amusing seeing of all posters AC complaining about people with edgy humour. It's like he's had a lobectomy to remove all irony.
Dumb post. Please post some evidence of me "attacking" South Africans about HIV. You're a loathsome troll whose allies on this forum are now Fatcat and Mick Mannock. The worst of the worst on this forum. You are now allied to human scum and you love these posters. You are scum.
:lol: I can't decide which is more ironically moronic: The guy who on this very page tried to claim I accepted racism when they just read a post that even "edgy" posts of a teenager should have some consequences to them your your denial of your own past posts. Or the fact you call somebody else a troll when you enter most conversations constantly trying to twist round words in bad faith or having frequently posted of your own trolling. But what do we expect of a liar who puts on the angry posts when his own well remembered past is brought up :lol:
Post Reply